The newest adventure in Skyrim! (post Skyrim game)

Started by kingmaster1, October 07, 2012, 08:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

Okay. Hello all! It's nice to see you!...Yes you....Yeah...You with the face! That's right I can see you! 0.o

Anyway....I've been playing a lot of Skyrim and after some debate I've decided to ask for a group game involving the world and the creatures in it :P

The concept is this: this is a game where everyone would be able to play their favorite Dragonborn with a new turn on things. None of the players will be the original Dragonborn, but rather the companions that fought with him in the Blades. As such we all have a Shout or two but none of us are this great hero of legend. The scenario itself will take place many years after the game. The continuity is as follows:

The Dragonborn rebuilds the Blades while not yet decided on what to do with Paarthurnax. Finally he is pressured by Esbern and Delphine to do the deed and he kills Paarthurnax without telling the rest of the Blades. Fenrir Black-blade (my character) Didn't agree with this, as he respected Paarthurnax and didn't wish to see him killed, more over he wished that the blades would work together with the greybeards. Despite his distaste he remained with the blades, fighting off the dragons that were left after Alduin's death. While the Blades succeeded in defeating the World-Eater, the organisation soon fell apart as the Dragonborn refused to take sides in the growing civil war.

The civil war ended in Imperial triumph, General Tullius decapitating Ulfric in his last stand at Windhelm. The rebellion died out over the next couple of decades and those few that remained fled to the mountains and deep forests.Finally the Emperor once again ordered the disbandment of the Blades at their greatest triumph, after having slain the last of Alduin's kin. The Dragonborn died shortly afterwards in his bed, some say because of the sorrow in his heart.

Now a letter arrives by courier to the former Blades (or their next of kin). There are many possibilities here. Either you can play as a former Blade or as a descendant of the former Blade.A rather obvious problem for a former Blade is his/her age. There are several ways that they might have been able to avoid the grasp of old age (elves in particular)such as pacts with Daedric entities, necromantic arts or some sort of unknown artifact.

Here are some character outlines:

Former Blade:

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance: (You don't have to use a picture, a detailed description will be fine.)
Sexual orientation:

Back story:

Major skills
1:
2:
3:

Shout:

Main weapons/spells
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descendent of Blade:

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance: (You don't have to use a picture, a detailed description will be fine.)
Sexual orientation:

Back story:

Major skills
1:
2:
3:
4:

Main weapons/spells
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each character has a set of major skills. These are the skills in which they excel. It doesn't mean it is the only ones they possess but rather that they have mastered these. The Former Blades have one less that the Descendants, but instead they get a shout. It can be any shout other than Dragonrend and it is implied that the character knows all words of the Shout. These Shouts they learned from the Dragonborn during their time with the Blades.

Obviously some shouts would be too much for someone and there are some that aren't allowed:
Dragonrend
Call Dragon
Call of Valor
Slow Time
Storm Call

All questions or suggestions are welcome, I may have forgotten something :P

kingmaster1

Here is my character:

Name: Fenrir black-blade
Race: Redguard
Height: 6"5'
Weight: 285
Appearance: http://colautumnsovercoat.deviantart.com/art/Skyrim-Redguard-Marcellino-329257998?q=boost%3Apopular%20skyrim%20redguard&qo=54
Sexual orientation: Bi (though very picky about the men)

Back story: Fenrir had been one of the first new members to the blades after the rediscovery of the dragon born. After seeing many dragons killed he felt he'd be on the side of the blades when the death of paarthurnax was questioned. But he couldn't get behind them. Paarthurnax was an honorable dragon and his death could have been avoided.

Though bitter he maintained his rank in the blades, wanting to rid Skyrim of the dragons entirely. He wasn't the closest person to blind-eye but he held respect for the Argonian, and didn't question his leaving. He stayed with the blades until the very end, but at that point he was too old to continue fighting, he was reassigned to strategy with Esberne who was near death to say the least.

When the time finally came and the blades were disbanded once again he took up brief residence in Whiterun, having bought a house there soon after the dragonborn had passed away. The blades may have disbanded but he still had fight in him which made him become a member of the companions, earning him the blood of the wolf and the respect of other companions.

On one such expedition with Aela he was confronted by the Daedric prince, Sanguine and earned his favor after a drinking game. With this favor he was given the gift of youth, leaving him in his best state over the many years. with this gift he lived with the companions in Jorrvaskr for a long, long time. He loved the life of an adventurer but his old comrades from the blades were creeping into his mind and he wished to see them once more.

Major skills
1: Two-handed
2: Heavy armor
3: Conjuration

Minor skills
1. Archery
2. Destruction
3. Enchantment

Equipment
1. Ebony warhammer (stamina damage)
2. Ebony bow (frost damage)
3. Ebony armor

Shout: Unrelenting Force

Ironwolf85

ahhh a fracture game from the other, I'll just place my note here, and keep watching
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kingmaster1

Primarch

Name: Ragnar Harshwind 
    Race: Nord-Vampire (Volkihar Clan)
    Height: 6"4
    Weight: 260 lbs
    Appearance:
    Sexual orientation: Straight

Back story:
    Even before joining the Blades Ragnar was Vampire Lord of Volkihar Clan, but he generally concealed his eyes behind a helmet or magicka and only exposed them at times when they might not be noticed. He never revealed his true nature to his brothers in the Blades and the Dragonborn. When the decision was made to kill Paarthurnax, Ragnar considered being a sworn brother of the blades and his Oath to them more important than personal consideration to the matter and did as commanded.

When Skyrim was free of dragon taint and the duties of the Blades became almost a formality he returned to his Vampire brethren for a time but even they were functioning comfortably without any great need for guidance. It was at this time that he became involved with the College of Winterhold. Shortly after his joining during an on site lecture he stumbled across what turned out to be a powerful artifact by the name of "The Eye of Magnus." Ragnar was contacted by the Psijic Order and made aware that things were about to get dramatic. Indeed things did. Eventually a member of the Thalmor attempted to abuse its power, Ragnar took part in the fight against the Thalmor and was key in defeating him. 

As a teacher at the College Ragnar has primarily focused his research into the old Dragon Priests and went on many expeditions around Skyrim to find the lost masks and trap the souls of the Dragon Priests in soul gems. Eventually he discovered Konahrik itself and claimed it, the other fruits of his research on display in the College. Since then he has divided his time between ruling the Vampire Court and aiding the College. When the letter from old Blade allies arrived, he decided he wished to investigate. 

Major skills

• Vampire
    • One Handed
    • Alteration

Minor Skills:

• Destruction
    • Heavy Armour
    • Restoration

Shout:
    Marked For Death (KRII-LUN-AUS)

Main weapons/Equipment:
    Konahrik
    Ancient Nord Hero Sword/Vampire Claws
    Ebony Armour
    Amulet of Akatosh

Spells:

• Alteration:
    Dragonhide, Mass Paralysis, Transmute, Telekinesis
    • Vampire Magic:
    Vampiric Grip - Supernatural Reflexes
    • Destruction:
    Lightning Bolt
    • Restoration:
    Close Wounds - Greater Ward [/list]

kingmaster1

As I do like the character Primarch, he seems a bit over powered. Especially if he has the best mask in the game. Even the arch mage of winterhold would be a bit much. My character is in the companions but he isn't the leader. The vampire and magic is fine, but student of the college or teacher would be more fitting than the arch mage.

Also it seems to me like he would be wearing something to due with magic rather than ebony armor.

Primarch

I'll change the history in a bit, but is the ebony armour really an issue? I mean its Skyrim....not having classes and being able to play your character the way you want is kind of one of the joys to it. Even when they had classes they had warrior/mage hybrids.

kingmaster1

Primarch

kingmaster1

Primarch

Something just occurred to me...rank in an organisation doesn't affect power at all (a characters level of 'OP' precisely the same wether he's leader of the companions or just a companion...teacher at winterhold or arch-mage) and our characters are all heros of that whole dragon crisis. Wouldn't it actually be more appropriate for our characters to have become leaders in their respective area's as opposed to not?

Not to mention, between all the organisations and cities you can become Thane too, there's more then enough for quite a few potential players.

kingmaster1

hmm, but really I was thinking that our characters would just be normaller people than the dragonborn. And it's not like anyone could be the archmage....

I guess it really isn't a problem but in either event I don't think he should have Konahrik. That is the strongest mask in the game and only gotten from having the rest of the masks, which would also require a trip to skuldafn...not to mention a LOT of combat and I don't think any of the characters should have something like that.

Primarch

Assuming this game uses the same time frame as the game its based on, Ragnar has had 50 years to gather the Masks. Noting the Dragonborn can do it in a fraction of one. Also noting your character has the Ring of Hircine, a very potent item in its own right and two shouts when its detailed former Blades get *a* shout.

The Dragonborn himself isn't inherently a better warrior/mage/thief or anything. He's not stronger or wiser than anyone around him. His signature thing is absorbing dragonsouls. He doesn't even need to be the one that does kills the dragon, just be nearby. So I don't see how being the Dragonborn means someone can't become the Arch-Mage, unless this game assumes everything that happened in Skyrim was done by the Dragonborn and he functionally runs Skyrim now as the authority that runs numerous factions.

kingmaster1

Okay, you're right...

my bad, guess I shouldn't judge when I'm not following things exactly either :P

Also, I hope there is more attention soon...

Primarch

We'll be off to a good start Wolf & Phantom still plan to get involved.

kingmaster1

Assuming of course...one of them has a girl character :P

Though I think this could still be fun without sex involved...

Ironwolf85

well the other one is off to a slow start.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
    I have an argonian up for approval, I've been wanting to do one of these for a long time.
    Silverscale is mildly based on my dragonborn, more of a magical tank, and "explorer who has to unlock every magical secret".

Name: Silver-scale Arvess
    Race: Argonian
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 213
    Appearance:

Sexual orientation: Bi-sexual

Back story: Silverscale grew up on the docks of Windhelm, not even a twinkle in his mother's eye when the dragons were slain. Silverscale was born into the Skyrim Civil War. As nordic cultural pride and patrotisim flourished, fit to burst under Ulfric. He heard talk of war, of battle, he saw Stormcloaks training on a daily basis. Silver-scale's mother died of disease when he was 7 causing, leaving the young Argonian to eventually be sent by family to Honorhall orphanage. He blamed Ulfric and his followers for her death, and the neglect of the docks, the predjuice, and the poverty that prevented them from buying a potion.
    It did not help at all when the cruel mistress of the orphanage, was murdered by an armored figure, and conditions improved...
    Like the rest of the orphans he made a living stealing, and doing work for The Guild, or The Blackbriars. His magical talent for distruction allowing him to escape on multiple occasions, or fight back against riften's corrupt guards. The city only went downhill after the end of the civil war ended and Maven, eventually her son Sibbi, came to power.
    He began adventuring at the age of 16, taking out his fustrations and rage on the various bandits, Drauger, and trolls, supplimenting his income working the forge with metals for he brought back and selling the jewlery to Modesti. He shiften blame for his problems with poverity from Ulfric and the nords, to just Sibbi and Riften, and so he went on holding grudges. A prime target for deadra, especally the tainted wispers of Morag-Bal.
    What changed him was running into another argonian named Delves Deep, the haggard wretch of a woman shoved a cube of dwemer metal into his hands, The Lexicon. It called to him, gave him purpose, it wispered with the minds of millions, and wracked his brain. Even forcing him to sleepwalk in a single direction. Yet he could not throw it into the lake.
    He followed it, using Clarvoyance to delve into a massive dwemer ruin overcoming traps, Falmer, and dwemer automons. Eventually the young adventurer came face to face with a dwarven weapon three times his height, made of steam, steel, and possessed of a wicked cunning. He destroyed it, returning the Lexicon, and as a reweard he imparted Dwemer knowlage to him, cramming knowlage of metalworking and armor training into his mind.
    He went into the ruin an angry, spiteful mage. He came out a heavily armored hero. He has devoted the next ten years of his life to delving into dwemer and nordic ruins, (often on payroll of the mage's guild or Calcemo a famed dwemer scholar) and plunging into the depths of the underground. His ultimate triumph came when he was contacted to help discover how the dwemer dissapeared. After two years of research he and the mage he was working with succeded in replicating the process. Throwing the mage out of existance, and sending Silverscale plunging into the depths of Oblivion. He shifted back to Mundis a week later with his hand buried in the heart of one of Morag Bal's servants, bringing the corpse with him.
    He seculded himself within the ruined forgeworks of Winterhold off the coast, and for a month worked tirelessly, scaring locals and mages alike with the colored fires bursting from the old forge. It was only the courier who interupted him, to deliver the letter.

When the letter arrived he learned his mother who died all those years ago was a Blade. for the first time it wasn't hate, or instinct, that drove him. It was pride, it was looking towards a brighter dawn.

Major skills
    1: Destruction
    2: Heavy Armor
    3: Smithing
    4: Sneak

Sign: The Steed

Main weapons/spells
    Often prefering fire and electricity he carries a heavy mace as backup, however he has a varied repitore of spells. His armor is the ultimate expression of his metalurgical and distructive magical knowlage.
    debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

kingmaster1

totally approved :P

I'm thinking we should wait for at least two more people before starting...I think that would be good

Wargtass

A real good idea since I had to close the other thread for male characters. I'm a little curious as to where you are taking the story with this one though.
    O/O

kingmaster1

yep, pretty much up for debate since I'm still thinking of that...maybe some big quest.

azzmeister89

is it to late to join? if not here is a character sheet

Name: Tristan darkfang

Race: Nord

Height: 6ft

Weight: 162 lbs

Appearance: his hair is pitch black and shoulder length however due to its wavey curls it looks shorter, his eyes however are pale blue like moonlight due to his mother being a hag raven (yes his father was a bit twisted) he has one small scar running along side his left eye

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual

Back story: His father was a bandit who's father had been a member of the blades that joined the stormcloaks, when the war was lost Tristan's father ran away from home and became a bandit, twisted by his hate for the empire he allowed a deadric prince to corrupt his mind making him take a hag raven to bed, he was found by a group of priests of Standar who slaughtered him but took pity on the baby that had just been born.

he was taken to whiterun and given to the local blacksmith who taught him everything he knew of working metal, Tristan grew to be a master smith and even learns how to enchant weapons and armors from the court wizard, he is the one who creates the first dragon bone armor and weapon sets after he found a cave the dargonborn used to store the bones of killed dragons.

Major skills
    1: smithing
    2: enchanting
    3: one handed weapons
    4: block

Main weapons/spells Tristan does not use magic in combat but knows every enchantment, he fights with a sword made of dragon bone

shout fire breath (used to help his forging)

Sorry its such a small character sheet, i wasn't accepted into the other one so with any luck you guys will have me

Primarch

I'm not the one running the game, but if I might make a point, a weight should be included. Unless he's a ghost I'm not sure if its right to list weight as NA. :P

kingmaster1

I agree with Primarch on the weight, but otherwise I think he's fine

accepted!

Ironwolf85

looks like I'll be playing in the other, but part timing some deadly distruction in this one.

kingmaster1

azzmeister89

kingmaster1

Awesome, now we just need one more character and I'll make the OOC and IC

kingmaster1

Primarch

Well we have 4 people, which is a nice number. Could we not get the ball rolling at least while seeking a 5th?

kingmaster1

Well, I think we can, but I believe two of our people still need to put up a character, don't they?

Primarch

Do they? I think there's 4 character sheets on the first page.

kingmaster1

oh, you're right :P

Okay, I'll have the IC up soon and the OOC up as well

Ironwolf85

kingmaster1

Siereis

Hm...no female characters yet huh?  Well I want to express my interest...though a quick question.

I see that you listed sexual orientation as a bullet point in the character sheet.  How sexual is this RP expected to be exactly?

Additionally..I assume there are going to be monsters and stuff in this RP.  Who exactly will be in charge of playing as the monsters?

I might post up a character here in a few minutes depending on the feedback I get to the above questions.

kingmaster1

Good questions, I don't think adventurers have a huge amount of time for sex, unless they work for Mara. So I doubt sex is going to be a huge part of this.

As for monsters I was thinking that leveled ones would be the ones controlled by someone else but if it's just something like draugr or dwemer machines, people could just handle themselves since those aren't too strong and we are all competent adventurers.

Unless of course, someone has a different idea.