The Dark Just After the Dawn (NC, Apoc)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, October 05, 2012, 10:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Steppenwolf on October 12, 2012, 01:34:04 PM
That sounds cool. I guess I'll post in the No Slushies Today thread so?

[Soup Nazi voice]: "No slushies for you!"

Steppenwolf

That's a yes, right? :P I had pictured her waking up in the morning, so I can hang back to wait for things to progress a little.
Harry Haller & The Magic Theatre, not a Magic Carpet Ride.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Steppenwolf on October 12, 2012, 03:27:26 PM
That's a yes, right? :P I had pictured her waking up in the morning, so I can hang back to wait for things to progress a little.

Yes, she is free to join the Slushie thread.  I'm actually pretty close to turning out the lights there.

Gekido

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Gekido on October 13, 2012, 05:10:05 PM
Are you still looking for males?

Sure.  [Southern repairman's voice] "Just drop one onto the counter there and we'll see what we can do with it."

Gekido

hehe what are you accepting in terms of ideas, soldier? doctor? just normal person?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Gekido on October 13, 2012, 06:15:45 PM
hehe what are you accepting in terms of ideas, soldier? doctor? just normal person?

We already have a doctor.  We could use a male bad guy, like a gang member or criminal.

Gekido

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Gekido on October 13, 2012, 06:42:29 PM
mmm I am horrible playing bad guys :(

I understand.  For the moment, that's pretty much what I'm looking for: a guy in a black hat.  (Or at least a darker shade of gray.)

Branwen

Out of character, I'm very impressed with the last post in the museum thread, OldSchoolGamer, and the ideas behind it.  It was fascinating to read. 

In character, weeble whum huh?  Don't take it personally when Rachel has no idea what you're saying. 

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Branwen on October 13, 2012, 06:59:33 PM
Out of character, I'm very impressed with the last post in the museum thread, OldSchoolGamer, and the ideas behind it.  It was fascinating to read. 

In character, weeble whum huh?  Don't take it personally when Rachel has no idea what you're saying.

Thanks.   :D

So what would you like to see happen with Rachel as the thread unfolds?

phoenyx

What a good read. I love writting like that, 'Gamer. You're a great GM... pity I hadn't had more DMs like you...
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O

Branwen

Definitely not anal electric.  I mean, I have limits.  :)

I think it's fascinating that out of all the characters who might make something of the knowledge you've given out in that thread, Rachel's one of them.  Even if she remembered word for word what Schillinger said, there's no way she can comprehend it.  As a physics teacher, I personally squee thinking about it!

What I'm looking forward to is the realization that the world has changed and the rules are out the window.  That everyone who had all the good things Rachel has chosen to eschew in favor of her addiction now mean exactly zero and they are in just as bad a place as her.  Suddenly she's not the pitied and scorned, she's just like everyone else in the rapidly sinking liferaft. 

Oh, and I intend to have her throw a rock or emo kid through a pharmacy window and commence to indulging in some serious chems.  Daytripper achievement, here I come!

Now, tell me how I can help move the story along.  Phoenyx and I have been scheming and talking like mad in PM exploring our characters and working the errors out.  She's great!

phoenyx

aww you're too sweet Branwen..

haha yeah mad PMing, we'd even started their meeting, then comes your post and it's like *tilts head* "uh... well... now what?" *chuckles* but it was cool so we got a feel for our characters, bounced ideas off each other, and things like.

it's a good synergy *nods*
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O