The Dark Just After the Dawn (NC, Apoc)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, October 05, 2012, 10:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

Last night, you went to bed just like normal.  The world of Southern California was its usual crowded, busy, glitzy self.  The news was about a prominent movie star back in rehab, a coup in the Middle East, a plane crash near Australia.  Apple was expected to announce a new iPad.  A wave of thunderstorms had rolled across Arkansas and Texas, spawning three tornadoes, killing 2 people.  The European Central Bank had announced it was holding firm on interest rates.  A car chase across the Southland ended when the vehicle failed to negotiate a turn and ended up smashed against an embankment while doing a little over 90.  New York City and Boston had been hit by simultaneous blackouts believed to be caused by power grid operators failing to adequately compensate for a voltage spike.

Then you turned the TV or radio off and went to sleep...not realizing you would never watch TV or listen to the radio again.

Ever.

The next morning you wake up...to a changed world.

This is a story very loosely modeled after the Revolution TV series.  There are some significant changes and twists, to wit.

1) No canon characters.  This is an entirely separate story universe.  Revolution is inspiration for this, not direct source material.

2) Your character's storyline begins right after the blackout starts--not 15 years later.

3) The cause of the blackout won't be immediately apparent, but you'll figure it out, after a time.

As in Revolution, the blackout kills electricity.  Batteries don't discharge or charge.  Generators don't work.  Anything based on the integrated circuit is dead: radios, computers and computing devices of any kind (desktops, laptops, tablets, calculators, cell phones).  Cars generally don't work, as they require batteries.  Cars with manual transmissions *can* be push-started, but any cars made past the early 1980s have computers in them to optimize the mixture and whatnot, so they will run rather choppy and rough.  Cars made past the mid-1990s are too computerized to operate--the engine will turn over if push-started, but will immediately die.  Hybrids and electric cars are dead. 

As for characters, I'm looking for villains, primarily.  The kind of people who will "go rogue" when civilization crashes.  Most of these stories focus on the heroes and the innocent--I'm looking for the guilty.  Of for those who would be guilty, were there any courts or laws to try them.

Your character can be from any walk of life.  However, to make things reasonable, he or she can't be a gun nut.  Competent with firearms, yes, but you won't get to start the game with an arsenal and Special Forces training.

You can choose to have your own thread, or to begin the game with others who agree to start with you.  What relationship you have/had before the blackout is entirely up to you.  All the threads occur in the same story universe...but the universe is a big place, especially after the blackout takes away communications.  Please pick a partner(s) who plan(s) on at least roughly the same posting rate as you.

Character sheet

Player name:
Character name:
Height:
Weight:
Description:

PRIMARY skill (1) (what your character is BEST at.  CANNOT be martial.):

Major skill (2) (things your character is GOOD at.  One may be a martial skill, but CANNOT be gun-related):

Minor skill (5) (things your character can do with reasonable competence, though not excellence.  Three may be martial skills, two gun-related):

Examples of non-martial skills: accounting, fast-talking, law, running, fishing, small engine repair, burglary, welding, orienteering, swimming, escape artist, rock climbing, first aid, medicine, chemistry, avionics, geology, sewing, con artist, card shark, carpentry

Examples of martial, NON-gun-related skills: kickboxing, jui-jitsu, evasion, brawling, pursuit, archery, karate, fencing

Examples of martial, gun-related skills (cannot be "shoots real good"): gunsmith, ammunition technician, sniper, tactics, skilled in (choose pistol, rifle, shotgun, grenade launcher, field artillery)

Elliquiy stuff
Sexual orientation:
Limits:
What I want out of this game (i.e., "rape and pillage," "find out stuff," "plotline," etc.):

Fair warning: this is an apocalyptic scenario, so there will be blood.  And sex, including liberal amounts of non-con.  This is a GM-led game, however, suggestions as to content and situations to encounter are always welcome.

List of accepted characters: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154076.msg7030754#msg7030754

Bloody Rose

mmm do you only accept bad guys for now? I am not very good playing them :(

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Bloody Rose on October 05, 2012, 10:34:44 PM
mmm do you only accept bad guys for now? I am not very good playing them :(

I'm not making that a hard rule.  I just think it would be interesting to look in the other end of the proverbial telescope.  If you play a "good" character, you will likely be victimized by bad guys though.  >:)

Bloody Rose

Better then hehe if I make a non combat girl? I was planning to do a doctor or something like that.

Bloody Rose

Player name: Bloody Rose
Character name: Jessica Cooper
Height: 5'5:
Weight: 225
Description:

PRIMARY skill (1) (what your character is BEST at.  CANNOT be martial.): Medicine

Major skill (2) (things your character is GOOD at.  One may be a martial skill, but CANNOT be gun-related): Cooking, Running

Minor skill (5) (things your character can do with reasonable competence, though not excellence.  Three may be martial skills, two gun-related):   Archery, Sewing, Chemistry, Swimming, Fishing

Elliquiy stuff
Sexual orientation: Bisexual
Limits: Scat, Gore, Vore, Bestiality, and anything too extreme.
What I want out of this game (i.e., "rape and pillage," "find out stuff," "plotline," etc.): Perhaps being captured by the bad guys and raped? rescued later? since the only thing my char can do well is with a bow she cannot defend herself so she can be subject to a lot of things. The sky is the limit.

Tackyhillbilly

Player name: Tackyhillbilly
Character name: Timothy Rayne
Height: 6'4
Weight: 210
Description:

PRIMARY skill (1) Electrician? Doing wiring and all that stuff.

Major skill (2) Computers, Mechanic

Minor skill (5) Pistol use, Driving, Swimming, Climbing, Pilot (Helicopters)

Elliquiy stuff
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual
Limits: Homosexuality, toilet, hard gore, vore
What I want out of this game: To have fun, I suppose? Each in their time.

OldSchoolGamer

Chreestafer

still looking? if so i know you were talking bout no special force training or anything but does that restrict total military like navy? i was thinking of making a character who was a naval aeronotic mechanic
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Chreestafer on October 06, 2012, 01:20:33 AM
still looking? if so i know you were talking bout no special force training or anything but does that restrict total military like navy? i was thinking of making a character who was a naval aeronotic mechanic

That's fine.  Characters can have military backgrounds, just not be John Rambo or GI Joe.

Reia

Definitely interested in this. Trying to figure out a character that would fit in the setting. Would it be alright if they were mostly in the grayish area in regards to how "bad" they are?
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

PuckThePlayful

I'm interested, and have come prepared with a character.

Player name: PuckThePlayful
Character name: Arthur Richards
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 215lbs
Description:

Trouble since the day he was born, Arthur could have gone far in life with a little direction and guidance. Instead of a career in spots, it was a childhood in and out of juvie, followed by career in the fast pased industry of the convience store chains. After bikes, and rock concerts, drugs and girls, he was in hell. Arthur was ready for the world to end, if only to save him from its monotany.

PRIMARY skill (1) (what your character is BEST at.  CANNOT be martial.): Doing stupid things at high speeds on a motorcycle.

Major skill (2) (things your character is GOOD at.  One may be a martial skill, but CANNOT be gun-related): Small engine/motorcycle repair; Brawling.

Minor skill (5) (things your character can do with reasonable competence, though not excellence.  Three may be martial skills, two gun-related): Skilled at Pistols, Running, burglary, swimming, street pharmasist

Elliquiy stuff
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual/Bi-curious
Limits: Scat, Excessive gore (There will be blood.), Vore, Bestiality.
What I want out of this game (i.e., "rape and pillage," "find out stuff," "plotline," etc.): A nice sized building, a small harem (willing or otherwise), to be the king of my own city state... But I can start small.
"If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear."

—The opening of Puck's epilogue.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Reia on October 06, 2012, 07:33:07 PM
Definitely interested in this. Trying to figure out a character that would fit in the setting. Would it be alright if they were mostly in the grayish area in regards to how "bad" they are?

Sure...your character need not tear the wings off butterflies, nor sacrifice cute animals to Satan.  Dyed-in-the-wool, extreme "Neutral Evil" gets boring.  A common person with one or two significant moral weaknesses (perhaps even partially balanced out by a mild to moderate virtue here and there) is more interesting.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: PuckThePlayful on October 06, 2012, 08:43:29 PM
I'm interested, and have come prepared with a character.

Player name: PuckThePlayful
Character name: Arthur Richards
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 215lbs
Description:

Trouble since the day he was born, Arthur could have gone far in life with a little direction and guidance. Instead of a career in spots, it was a childhood in and out of juvie, followed by career in the fast pased industry of the convience store chains. After bikes, and rock concerts, drugs and girls, he was in hell. Arthur was ready for the world to end, if only to save him from its monotany.

PRIMARY skill (1) (what your character is BEST at.  CANNOT be martial.): Doing stupid things at high speeds on a motorcycle.

Major skill (2) (things your character is GOOD at.  One may be a martial skill, but CANNOT be gun-related): Small engine/motorcycle repair; Brawling.

Minor skill (5) (things your character can do with reasonable competence, though not excellence.  Three may be martial skills, two gun-related): Skilled at Pistols, Running, burglary, swimming, street pharmasist

Elliquiy stuff
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual/Bi-curious
Limits: Scat, Excessive gore (There will be blood.), Vore, Bestiality.
What I want out of this game (i.e., "rape and pillage," "find out stuff," "plotline," etc.): A nice sized building, a small harem (willing or otherwise), to be the king of my own city state... But I can start small.

: nods :

Sounds good.

Reia

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on October 06, 2012, 08:47:30 PM
Sure...your character need not tear the wings off butterflies, nor sacrifice cute animals to Satan.  Dyed-in-the-wool, extreme "Neutral Evil" gets boring.  A common person with one or two significant moral weaknesses (perhaps even partially balanced out by a mild to moderate virtue here and there) is more interesting.

Awesome, will try to come up with something by tomorrow.
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

OldSchoolGamer

the Dramatis Personae thus far

Jessica Cooper (Bloody Rose), 25F, doctor
Timothy Rayne (Tackyhillbilly), 39M, electrician
Arthur Richards (PuckThePlayful), 27M, convenience store clerk
TBD (Reia)
Christopher Phoenix (Chreestafer), 24M, Navy avionics tech
Rachel Greenbaum (Branwen), 18F, petty criminal and junkie
Lancerious Trouwers (flassche), 24M, tracker
Brietta “Brie” Fox (Phoenyx), 26F, museum docent/researcher

Bloody Rose

will this take place 15 years later like the series or the day it happened?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Bloody Rose on October 06, 2012, 09:27:52 PM
will this take place 15 years later like the series or the day it happened?

The story begins at the time the blackout starts.

Bloody Rose

ah ok perfect, I am watching the only three episodes so far, kinda neat series

Chreestafer

Player name:Chreestafer
Character name: Christopher Phoenix
Height:6'2
Weight:198
Description:

Chris came from a troubled life, he did ok in school but was constantly bullied in school. An abusive father enrolled him in boxing to teach him to not be a wuss.  His senior year he cold cocked James Mccrew, highschool quaterback, for reasons still unknown.  This action putt the quarterback out for the remainning 3 games costing the school the championship.  Chris was given 2 options, navy rotc or juvy, choosing the rotc led him into his career as a naval mechanic on the airplanes.

PRIMARY skill (1) (what your character is BEST at.  CANNOT be martial.): mechanical engines and engineering

Major skill (2) (things your character is GOOD at.  One may be a martial skill, but CANNOT be gun-related): boxing, guitar

Minor skill (5) (things your character can do with reasonable competence, though not excellence.  Three may be martial skills, two gun-related):knife fighting, minor gun range experience, swim, running, bow hunting

Elliquiy stuff
Sexual orientation:bi-curious
Limits: gore, vore
What I want out of this game (i.e., "rape and pillage," "find out stuff," "plotline," etc.):just to enjoy my grand self :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Branwen

If you're still accepting characters, I'd like to audition.  If not, I'll just move along.  Character below.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Player name:
Character name:  Rachel Greenbaum
Height: 5'0"
Weight:  95lbs
Description:  Five feet of not much and a whole lot of daddy issues wrapped up in the grime of the streets.  Rachel has the perpetually shifty look of someone needing her next fix and habitually wears jackets or long sleeves to cover the marks of her addictions.  Don't let her baby blues fool you; this girl is trouble.

PRIMARY skill:  Pickpocket

Major skill:  Stealth, switchblade.

Minor skill:  Streetwise, contacts (criminal, narcotics), lying, escape, scrounging

Elliquiy stuff
Sexual orientation:  Heterosexual, not even remotely bicurious
Limits:  Underage, vore, scat/pee, guys named Eddie.
What I want out of this game: to take advantage of the trusting nature of good people and be a bad, bad girl.  Character survival optional.

DarkEnigma

Hope you have room for one more!

Player name: Flassche
Character name: Lancerious Trouwers.
Height:6'3
Weight:190
Description:

Lance’s life could be summed up with one word; death. When birthed in this world he claimed his first life, tearing his mother apart from the inside out. She died before she could even see her son. The years that followed were tough on the young man. His father was a professional hunter on a nearby game preserve, in charge of keeping animal population under control and turn would be poachers over to the authorities. Not to mention the yearly handholding of millionaires who wanted the thrill of hunting live prey.

His father -lacking the standard parenting skills- took the boy along on his trips, teaching him how to track and hunt. Most of his time was spend observing animals or searching for tracks, yet on occasion the boy did participate in the act of killing. He never felt more at ease when taking another life, feeling as if it was natural or a way of live.

PRIMARY skill (1) (what your character is BEST at.  CANNOT be martial.): Tracking.

Major skill (2) (things your character is GOOD at.  One may be a martial skill, but CANNOT be gun-related): Archery, herbalist

Minor skill (5) (things your character can do with reasonable competence, though not excellence.  Three may be martial skills, two gun-related):knife fighting, swimming, evasion, judo, climbing.

Elliquiy stuff
Sexual orientation: Bi-curious
Limits: Being the submissive in a M/m scene, dismemberment
What I want out of this game (i.e., "rape and pillage," "find out stuff," "plotline," etc.): Hunting, all.

phoenyx

i'm interested, but more comfortable playing a "grey" charater with a hidden dark side, if possible.
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O

OldSchoolGamer

See updates to Dramatis Personae, above.

I've got room for one more.

Now comes time to pick teams or coalitions.  You don't have to have partners, of course, but you might find it interesting.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: phoenyx on October 07, 2012, 01:36:48 PM
i'm interested, but more comfortable playing a "grey" charater with a hidden dark side, if possible.

Sure...like I said upstream, those are more interesting than the Hannibal Lecter types anyway.

phoenyx

a'ight then, will work up a char to throw out *smiles*

and here she is:

Player name: phoenyx
Character name: Brietta “Brie” Fox
Height: 5’7”
Weight:  137 pounds
Description:

Brietta grew up always trying to figure things out much to her parents’ joy at first that turned to worry and embarrassment as she grew older. Having a curious and sharp mind, she did well in school, but was often bored. It wasn’t until High School, and the help of a History teacher, that she finally found some sort of outlet for her constantly working brain. She got her a volunteer job helping a Museum Curator research the things that came into the museum. Eventually it became a full time paying job when high school was over.
Brietta’s curiosity has led her down many paths, both dark and light. She’s been in both juvie and jail a time or two, hugged a tree, saved a whale, poached, stole a car, knifed a girl when she was 13, for stealing her boyfriend, and wanting to know what it would feel like, just to name a few experiences. Of course, the knife incident led her to swords, and she has practiced with them ever since.

PRIMARY skill (1): finding out things, i.e, research, experimentation, observation, stumbling across it, trying to build it, ect.

Major skill (2): sword use, building things, i.e. tree houses, hand crossbows, anything not overly mechanical.

Minor skill (5): knows which end of a pistol means business (but rarely hits anything she aims at), cooking (at least it’s edible anyway), street fighting, observation, direction sense (generally knows where North is).

Elliquiy stuff
Sexual orientation: Hetero
Limits: as a writer, I haven’t come across any yet. Maybe PM me first with an idea to discuss?
What I want out of this game: storyline, fun, and whatever the story brings out, I’m flexible like that.

O/O

OldSchoolGamer

Looks like we have a great motley crew here to begin the adventure.

The next step is in choosing your adventuring partners.  You can form whatever groups you want...or adventure solo.  This is a GM-led story, so I will make sure you have plenty of adventure regardless of the choice you make.

I'm aiming to kick this off Wednesday 10/10.

Bloody Rose

I really dont mind whatever if I go alone or otherwise I will let the others decide if they wanna go with my girl.

phoenyx

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on October 07, 2012, 04:49:32 PM
Looks like we have a great motley crew here to begin the adventure.

The next step is in choosing your adventuring partners.  You can form whatever groups you want...or adventure solo.  This is a GM-led story, so I will make sure you have plenty of adventure regardless of the choice you make.

I'm aiming to kick this off Wednesday 10/10.
I’m usually on evenings, and some late afternoons, with the rare all day.

I can see Brie, having had interaction with most of the people listed before the Dark:
Jessica Cooper – Doctor: visited place of work, either ER, or Office.
Timothy Rayne – Electrician:  Could have done some work on the wiring at her place of work.
Arthur Richards – Convenience Clerk:  Store where she buys sodas and snacks, and the occasional TP, close to work or home.
Christopher Phoenix - Aeronotic Mechanic: actually I’m stumped here lol
Rachel Greenbaum – Pickpocket, Thief, Junkie: number of possibilities, found Brie different drugs in her experimentations, picked her pocket…
Lancerious Trouwers – Tracker: her poaching phase possibly, or ran across him while on some other nature curiosity.
Reia’s char: dunno until I see the write up lol

So, I am open, or can fly solo, though I must admit, partners make it easier to be creative.

O/O

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Bloody Rose on October 07, 2012, 04:51:13 PM
I really dont mind whatever if I go alone or otherwise I will let the others decide if they wanna go with my girl.

Excellent.  Since were segueing from recruitment and proceeding into casting and other pre-production planning, I have established a thread for such discussions here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154215.0

The game is still open to newcomers, but the recruitment "window" will be closing shortly...

Chreestafer

I can do solo then meet up with a group is fine with me.  Are you going to be starting us off in certain places? I was looking to tie my character in properly I was going to have him home on leave from the service when shit hits the fan.
Ons and Offs
F-List

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Chreestafer on October 07, 2012, 05:11:30 PM
I can do solo then meet up with a group is fine with me.  Are you going to be starting us off in certain places? I was looking to tie my character in properly I was going to have him home on leave from the service when shit hits the fan.

Depends on who you team up with.  I'll pick the starting locations based on the outcome of those discussions in the Pre-Prod thread.

Chreestafer

Kk and when is the pre thread coming up?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Reia

Sorry it took me so long to get this in, but here's my character. Will she work?

Bailey Laurent

Player name: Reia
Character name: Bailey Laurent
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 115

Description

Physical: She's Tall and thin, giving her a bit of a delicate look. Her red hair and blue eyes help her stand out in the crowd, as do her clothes. She dresses in vintage clothing that have bright colors and patterns, often her pieces clash but she manages to pull it off. She also carries a large canvas bag (her friends tease her because of how huge it is) that slings over her shoulder and she never leaves home without it.

Personality: A definite spree-spirit, she often skips her general education classes to go exploring - be it on campus or around town. She tends to jump from one thing to another and the only thing she's stuck with for long is her music and art. Baily is sweet and kind hearted, always ready with a smile and a laugh. In many ways she's a bit of an innocent and tends to view the world with rose colored glasses, though she's learned how to use this to get what she needs. She also has a fiery temper and if pushed, can easily explode. She doesn't have any close friends and tends to be a bit of a loner.

Background: Bailey is the only child of two eccentric hippies. Her parents own a large bit of acreage and she lived there all her life. She was homeschooled and hadn't stepped into an actual classroom until her first day of Freshman year. Her parents were both into music, classical only, and made sure that Baily was familiar with at least two instruments. Fortunately for them she grew to love playing the violin and piano. Out of the two, however, she much prefers the violin, as it allows her to move around.

When it came time for university, Bailey decided she wanted to try living out in the real world - something her mother still hasn't forgiven her for. When she first arrived in town she was wide eyed and fascinated with everything. Not much has changed, though she doesn't quite find every little thing as amazing as she used to.

At school she's doing a double major in art and music, but she has a hard time sitting still for long and actually paying attention. She's a good student and does well - though she tends to miss class more often than not.

When she first started school she tried working and realized that adhering to someone else's schedules and rules just wouldn't work for her and quit job after job before giving up on the whole work thing altogether. After a two months of not working she fell behind on her rent and had to find a way to pay her bills. A girl from one of her art classes mentioned an escort company and Bailey decided to give it a try.

It took a while for her to get any clients, but after a while she ended up with regular men, and women, that would pay large sums to have her on their arm. She also learned how to use her apparent naivety to con them out of even more money. Since then she's been able to live a simple, but comfortable life.

At the time of the black out she's on a cross-country trip and the bus she was riding broke down on the highway.

Additional Notes:
Baily is often quiet, but once you get her going, it can be hard to shut her up.

Skills

PRIMARY skill (1) (what your character is BEST at.  CANNOT be martial.):
Con-Artist: Using her looks and perceived innocence to get what she needs/wants. This isn't fool proof, but it usually works.

Major skill (2) (things your character is GOOD at.  One may be a martial skill, but CANNOT be gun-related):
Farming/Growing Food: Given how she was raised, this is a natural instinct for her.
Off Grid Living: Growing up she didn't have anything electronic and learned how to do things the "old fashioned way."

Minor skill (5) (things your character can do with reasonable competence, though not excellence.  Three may be martial skills, two gun-related):
Horse Back Riding: She knows how to ride well enough and can somewhat stay on a horse at high speeds.
Swimming: A fun sport that she does to help her relax, she can do a basic free-style stroke and float.
Running: Another fun, relaxing sport for her. Her technique leaves a lot to be desired, but she can hold out at an even pace for a good distance.
Carpentry: Hammering things together is easy enough, though her designs aren't always that sturdy.
Fishing: Her father always despaired when it came to fishing with her, but she can catch at least one out of five fish.

Elliquiy stuff

Sexual orientation: Bi-Sexual
Limits: Scat, Vore, Extreme Gore, Being submissive
What I want out of this game (i.e., "rape and pillage," "find out stuff," "plotline," etc.): Have fun, find out stuff, plotline, learning to deal with a world where there are no electronics

Edit: Changed one of her skills to better suit her.
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

OldSchoolGamer

Bloody Rose

OldSchoolGamer

I could take one, maybe two more players.

Steppenwolf

Still got room for one more? :D

Player name:      Steppenwolf
Character name:   Gloria Rorschach
Height:         5'7" (170cm)
Weight:         110lbs (50kg)
Description:      Sharp; single-minded; wily and ingenuitive. Gloria comes from a well-to-do background, which she spurned in her youth having fallen out with her parents, and since the age of 17 she has been fending for herself. She never really had to work; she left home with a comfortable bank account, and having initially turned to stealing whenever she needed money, she has for the last 2 or 3 years been selling cannabis, and occasionally pills and cocaine. She is morally very flexible, and sexually feisty, if a little submissive. Her hair is dyed red and she has green eyes. Her measurements are 32C-25-35.

Primary skill:      Lock-picking.
Major skills:      Tae Kwon Do (red belt); seduction.
Minor skill:      Stealth; climbing; running; swimming; pick-pocketing.

Sexual orientation:   Straight
Limits:         Scat & watersports.
What I want:      Plot & development; I'm open to my character being raped or abused, anal sex and group sex though it's far from necessary.
Harry Haller & The Magic Theatre, not a Magic Carpet Ride.

DarkEnigma

Steppenwolf

Thanks! I'm looking forward to this; a new story and a new character! :)

DarkEnigma

“Nods.”

So…. When do you think it’s ‘ok’ to lose morality and start shooting people with a crossbow? Day three-ish?

Steppenwolf

Sounds like we have a wild card on our hands; I'm glad my character can run! :P

Branwen

Let the in game Rorschach Test puns begin!

Very nice to have you, Steppenwolf.

Steppenwolf

It's a pleasure to be here! I'll actually award some kind of prize for the best in-game pun on my character's name :P

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Steppenwolf on October 11, 2012, 06:14:05 AM
It's a pleasure to be here! I'll actually award some kind of prize for the best in-game pun on my character's name :P

Speaking of your character...do any of the existing threads appeal to you?  Or do you want one of your own?

Steppenwolf

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on October 11, 2012, 08:54:17 AM
Speaking of your character...do any of the existing threads appeal to you?  Or do you want one of your own?
I pictured her waking up and the power being gone; nothing more. If you'd like to assign me a thread, I'll fit into it. I guess she could have her own thread, or she could go to the OnCue Mart to get fresh food when she realises that the outage is going to lead to rotten goods, or anything else you fancy. I'll adapt!

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Steppenwolf on October 11, 2012, 09:11:22 AM
I pictured her waking up and the power being gone; nothing more. If you'd like to assign me a thread, I'll fit into it. I guess she could have her own thread, or she could go to the OnCue Mart to get fresh food when she realises that the outage is going to lead to rotten goods, or anything else you fancy. I'll adapt!

Where do you picture your character living?

Steppenwolf

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on October 11, 2012, 10:48:27 AM
Where do you picture your character living?
In an urban apartment. Where were you planning on placing most of the action? Will it be mostly urban or suburban, or a mixture of both? My character can live in an apartment in either, in an ordinary block of flats. Amenities are within walking distance, the area is nice - not hugely expensive but certainly a nice and pleasant area.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Steppenwolf on October 12, 2012, 09:41:18 AM
In an urban apartment. Where were you planning on placing most of the action? Will it be mostly urban or suburban, or a mixture of both? My character can live in an apartment in either, in an ordinary block of flats. Amenities are within walking distance, the area is nice - not hugely expensive but certainly a nice and pleasant area.

It's going to be a mix.  Maybe the apartments are behind the OnCue store?

Steppenwolf

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on October 12, 2012, 12:28:45 PM
It's going to be a mix.  Maybe the apartments are behind the OnCue store?
That sounds cool. I guess I'll post in the No Slushies Today thread so?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Steppenwolf on October 12, 2012, 01:34:04 PM
That sounds cool. I guess I'll post in the No Slushies Today thread so?

[Soup Nazi voice]: "No slushies for you!"

Steppenwolf

That's a yes, right? :P I had pictured her waking up in the morning, so I can hang back to wait for things to progress a little.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Steppenwolf on October 12, 2012, 03:27:26 PM
That's a yes, right? :P I had pictured her waking up in the morning, so I can hang back to wait for things to progress a little.

Yes, she is free to join the Slushie thread.  I'm actually pretty close to turning out the lights there.

Gekido

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Gekido on October 13, 2012, 05:10:05 PM
Are you still looking for males?

Sure.  [Southern repairman's voice] "Just drop one onto the counter there and we'll see what we can do with it."

Gekido

hehe what are you accepting in terms of ideas, soldier? doctor? just normal person?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Gekido on October 13, 2012, 06:15:45 PM
hehe what are you accepting in terms of ideas, soldier? doctor? just normal person?

We already have a doctor.  We could use a male bad guy, like a gang member or criminal.

Gekido

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Gekido on October 13, 2012, 06:42:29 PM
mmm I am horrible playing bad guys :(

I understand.  For the moment, that's pretty much what I'm looking for: a guy in a black hat.  (Or at least a darker shade of gray.)

Branwen

Out of character, I'm very impressed with the last post in the museum thread, OldSchoolGamer, and the ideas behind it.  It was fascinating to read. 

In character, weeble whum huh?  Don't take it personally when Rachel has no idea what you're saying. 

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Branwen on October 13, 2012, 06:59:33 PM
Out of character, I'm very impressed with the last post in the museum thread, OldSchoolGamer, and the ideas behind it.  It was fascinating to read. 

In character, weeble whum huh?  Don't take it personally when Rachel has no idea what you're saying.

Thanks.   :D

So what would you like to see happen with Rachel as the thread unfolds?

phoenyx

What a good read. I love writting like that, 'Gamer. You're a great GM... pity I hadn't had more DMs like you...

O/O

Branwen

Definitely not anal electric.  I mean, I have limits.  :)

I think it's fascinating that out of all the characters who might make something of the knowledge you've given out in that thread, Rachel's one of them.  Even if she remembered word for word what Schillinger said, there's no way she can comprehend it.  As a physics teacher, I personally squee thinking about it!

What I'm looking forward to is the realization that the world has changed and the rules are out the window.  That everyone who had all the good things Rachel has chosen to eschew in favor of her addiction now mean exactly zero and they are in just as bad a place as her.  Suddenly she's not the pitied and scorned, she's just like everyone else in the rapidly sinking liferaft. 

Oh, and I intend to have her throw a rock or emo kid through a pharmacy window and commence to indulging in some serious chems.  Daytripper achievement, here I come!

Now, tell me how I can help move the story along.  Phoenyx and I have been scheming and talking like mad in PM exploring our characters and working the errors out.  She's great!

phoenyx

aww you're too sweet Branwen..

haha yeah mad PMing, we'd even started their meeting, then comes your post and it's like *tilts head* "uh... well... now what?" *chuckles* but it was cool so we got a feel for our characters, bounced ideas off each other, and things like.

it's a good synergy *nods*

O/O