Gods of the Campus (interest check)

Started by JinxedMinx, October 02, 2012, 10:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Are you still accepting players? If so I'd love to play Eris.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Kokaine on October 08, 2012, 05:19:10 PM
Are you still accepting players? If so I'd love to play Eris.
If there's a wedding, be sure not to invite her!

Siereis

I too am actually quite interested in this idea  as well.  However...how is the male:female ration?  I'd be no fun to throw that off too badly.

TheVillain

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 08, 2012, 08:13:29 PM

Isn't that what caused the problem in the first place, she didn't get invited?

Quote from: Siereis on October 09, 2012, 10:46:59 AM
I too am actually quite interested in this idea  as well.  However...how is the male:female ration?  I'd be no fun to throw that off too badly.

Honestly don't know. Think we're leaning a bit female but not badly at all.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: TheVillain on October 09, 2012, 04:27:12 PM
Isn't that what caused the problem in the first place, she didn't get invited?

May....be  O:)

Kokaine

Just wondering if there was an update on whether you're accepting players? If the answer is no that's fine.

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 08, 2012, 08:13:29 PM

Now that's just mean >.>
No crying when she decides to make you all pay :P

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

yesiroleplay

I'm pretty sure it's still open.
Only 4-5 people have actually detailed their characters

Kokaine

Alright, well I will go ahead a do up a CS for her and see where we go from there. I do apologize if my above post came off the wrong way, wasn't meaning to sound pushy or anything. Just ever since I saw this thread this character has been building in my head and she wants out.

My O/Os

JinxedMinx

Quote from: Kokaine on October 10, 2012, 08:04:55 AM
Alright, well I will go ahead a do up a CS for her and see where we go from there. I do apologize if my above post came off the wrong way, wasn't meaning to sound pushy or anything. Just ever since I saw this thread this character has been building in my head and she wants out.

Go ahead and let her out.  I'll add mine after I see who you have chosen.

Hopefully, I'll have this soul-sucking report I'm working on finished tonight and than I can get on with the fun stuff.

Kokaine

Awesome. I'm just about finished with her so I'll post her over in the other thread shortly.
Hope you're able to finish your report ^^

My O/Os

Armand

kingmaster1

Ares is taken and we're only sticking with Greek gods....sorry :P

Armand

Love And Submission

perhaps we should put up a list of available gods? Might help get peopled interested.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Reivenn

How complete a list are we talking?

Currently Taken
Aphrodite
Poseidon
Ares
Nike
Eris
Hekate
Hades
Persephone
Pan

Available from the Big Twelve

Zeus
Hera
Hestia
Artemis
Apollo
Hephaestus
Hermes
Athena
Dionysus

Selected Additional Minor Deities:

Morpheus
Hypnos
Selene
Any of the Muses
Any of the Fates
Nemesis
Aeolus
Eos
Harmonia
Iris
Panacaea
"Dapper lycanthropes... terrible, yet... refined... My only... weakness..!" -- Tycho, Penny Arcade

Reivenn's Ons, Offs and Ideas

Love And Submission

great list but you forgot Eros the god of love.

kingmaster1

I thought aphrodite was the love one?

Also, I thought Eros and Thanatos were just psychological names for the two human desires that drive our actions...you know, sex and death...

Love And Submission

Aphrodite was more the goddess of beauty. Eros was her companion the god of love.

Kind of like how The roman god of love was Cupid yet they also had Venus.

kingmaster1

Ah, I see....okay then. I really hope we get an Athena soon, just cause her and Ares don't have the best of luck getting along :P

TheVillain

Quote from: DTW on October 10, 2012, 05:32:50 PM
Kind of like how The roman god of love was Cupid yet they also had Venus.

Not really a 'kind of' case- Roman mythology was pretty much just taking Greek mythology and changing the names. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

kingmaster1

yesiroleplay

"Eros" is the Greek word for desire.  "Cupid" is the Latin word for desire.  So, the Roman gods are not really different at all, so much as cultural transplants with the names translated.

And Aphrodite is the goddess of Love, Beauty, Pleasure, and Procreation.  Her domain covered love in all it's aspects, including platonic, or 'pure' love. 

Eros purview was focused on erotic love or desire - in fact that's where the word erotic comes from.

In the love department, Aphrodite was the major and more venerated deity.

kingmaster1

yesiroleplay

While a bit simplistic and not entirely (though mostly) accurate, a case can be made to claim Eros isn't a love god at all, but the god of Lust.

AidenWhite

Could I play Apollo? Ever since I read the Iliad, being a god that rains down arrows on unsuspecting people would seem pretty fun. Do we need to submit a character sheet or do we just assume our roles automatically when the game finally starts?
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.