Gods of the Campus (interest check)

Started by JinxedMinx, October 02, 2012, 10:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JinxedMinx

A very bored Zeus has decided to spend some time living among the mortals and what better place for a god to participate in human life than on a university campus? Unwilling to go alone he has commanded the rest of the Greek pantheon of gods and goddesses to go with him. With little choice and varying degrees of enthusiasm, they assume the forms of college age mortals and join him in living their own co-ed frat house on campus. They enlist in courses, sign-up for activities and participate in sports; all while dealing with the usual troubles that come from living with a family of gods. 

I am looking for male and female deities to pursue a higher education.  Although I’d like to see a collection of predominately Greek characters since the already complicated relationships should keep things interesting, I am willing to consider deities from other mythologies. A basic knowledge of mythology is suggested and that can be achieved through a quick web-search.

Please keep in mind, since most of the Greek gods are related in one way or another, incest is a strong possibility.

Reivenn

I'm rather a fan of Greek mythology and this seems like an interesting take on it. I think my preference would be for playing either Artemis, Hecate or perhaps Hermes.
"Dapper lycanthropes... terrible, yet... refined... My only... weakness..!" -- Tycho, Penny Arcade

Reivenn's Ons, Offs and Ideas

Ironwolf85

are we allowed to pull up other patheons?
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

yesiroleplay

This is simply an awesome idea!
I've always liked both mythology and the games based on it.  Scion is a favorite, and Exalted comes very close to playing an 'avatar' of a full god. 

I'd love to play either Diana or Aphrodite, or possibly Nike or maybe Athena.

Damn damn damn.  Why are the mythic goddesses all so awesome!  I can't choose!

Edit:  I see Artemis/Diana is has already drawn interest.  Since there are so many choices, that makes it easy to take her off my list!
Nike could be so much fun in a college setting!  The sports-obsessed female 'jock' that can't stand losing.  I'm kinda leaning toward her.

Foxy DeVille

Hmmm... I think it might be fun to play Demeter as a hippie chick...

Kdyami

If no ones claimed him I'd love to try my hat at Poseidon.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Ironwolf85

Tempted to go norse, maybe egyptian, or even one of the billions of demi-gods and magical creatures
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

JinxedMinx

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 03, 2012, 07:07:04 PM
Damn damn damn.  Why are the mythic goddesses all so awesome!  I can't choose!

You are absolutely dead on with that. It's why I haven't picked one yet. I know I can have fun with so many of them.  Cheerleader Aphrodite, Hera running for student body president, Hesta trying take care of the house between cooking classes...

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 04, 2012, 01:02:14 AM
Tempted to go norse, maybe egyptian, or even one of the billions of demi-gods and magical creatures
Norse or Egyptian would fit, even a demi-god from another culture could work.  So, I am not against it, I just don't want the other pantheons to have a stronger showing than the Greek.  Unless the role of Zeus is taken by a player who can keep all the other gods in line.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: JinxedMinx on October 04, 2012, 01:36:35 AM
Cheerleader Aphrodite,
I was thinking the same thing!  If I didn't just start a cheerleader character in another game, I'd be all over that idea.  Particularly with an Engineering Student boyfriend that's kinda uncouth and ugly, possibly even crippled. 

Who she cheats on.

A lot.

Kdyami

Hephaestus as an engineering student.....I like it
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Reivenn

I'm pretty flexible if you really want to play Artemis, I just have a thing for moon goddesses and Selene and Hecate both fit that criteria just as well as Artemis. Selene with Artemis has some interesting angles to it as well since they share a purview in the same pantheon.

At the moment I'm leaning more toward the idea of a gothy Hecate majoring in Pharmacology though.
"Dapper lycanthropes... terrible, yet... refined... My only... weakness..!" -- Tycho, Penny Arcade

Gray Fox

I would throw in my interest with Helios as a physics student.
Eyes that see the light of expiring souls. A meeting predestined by the divine. An act of Love by The Last King.

Ironwolf85

I am thinking of the Irish Dian Chect, after Patrick came through he became a wanderer or somthing.
The idea is still fluid. but he's a healing deity

JinxedMinx

What do you think about a nice big university in someplace sunny, like southern California?
Something close to the ocean in case Posiden wants to take up surfing?

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: JinxedMinx on October 04, 2012, 11:53:38 PM
What do you think about a nice big university in someplace sunny, like southern California?
Something close to the ocean in case Posiden wants to take up surfing?

How about the University of Georgia because that's in... wait for it... Athens.

Or... USC since that's the home of the Trojans.

yesiroleplay

http://manoa.hawaii.edu/

Active volcanoes and endless ocean within view of the dorms

Kdyami

I was going to say Southern California cuz it's literally home for me but Hawaii sounds way more fun and it has pretty much everything for virtually every diety so that school gets my vote for what it's worth.

Reivenn

Hawaii does sound really nice. I'm fine with SoCal as well though.

And while I like the idea of Athens, Georgia it does seem like Poseidon wouldn't agree to go to any school that isn't near the ocean. It'd simply deprive him of too much power and he definitely wouldn't want to cede anymore power to Zeus then he has to.

Chasseybaby

Would love to join! My favorite myth is Hades and persephone, so would love to play her,  please? :)

JinxedMinx

I think that the University of Hawaii is a perfect place. So much like home to the Greeks and a great place for a Norse god to work on his tan.

I will admit, however, that the University of Georgia did cross my mind.  Athens = *giggle*

As for placement, I am leaning towards NC for the flexibility it allows.

Love And Submission

I'm interested. Could play Hades or Charon though unsure if Charon would be allowed.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Gray Fox

If I may ask, approximately how many people would you like to have on board ? :)
Eyes that see the light of expiring souls. A meeting predestined by the divine. An act of Love by The Last King.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: JinxedMinx on October 06, 2012, 06:33:00 AM
I think that the University of Hawaii is a perfect place. So much like home to the Greeks and a great place for a Norse god to work on his tan.

I will admit, however, that the University of Georgia did cross my mind.  Athens = *giggle*

As for placement, I am leaning towards NC for the flexibility it allows.
NC does seem appropriate.
Particularly in a game where Zeus is active.

kingmaster1

Hi, if this is still open I would like to throw my hand in as Hades being a bad boy ;D

Or something like that ;)

JinxedMinx

Quote from: kingmaster1 on October 06, 2012, 05:50:18 PM
Hi, if this is still open I would like to throw my hand in as Hades being a bad boy ;D

Or something like that ;)

All of the boys are bad.  :o

DTW expressed an interest in Hades first so unless he decides to go with Charon, I'd say Hades is taken. 

QuoteGRAY FOX - If I may ask, approximately how many people would you like to have on board ?

I was thinking 10-12, nice round numbers