Make a Wish (Females Welcome)

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, October 01, 2012, 12:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

That Girl Analise

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Well, let me know what your ideas are, Analise. Here or in PM is fine. Oh you mentioned demon, but I'm trying to stick to different types of characters, and we have a demon."

"Oh, while it's not likely to come up, I didn't mention, KC's not necessarily straight. He's a guy, following his hormones and what little he knows about romance, he's going to be interested in girls. This is more of a character and personality note, though, since he's likely not to find a romantic partner in either of the other males in the plot."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

That Girl Analise

I'm just working on character ideas... I have a character for the roommate, but as she needs to not be just a normal average girl I need to think how I adapt her.

As soon as I get that done, I'll pm Aribeth to discuss.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Inari

Seems this profile is gonna be a little more complex to write than the notes I have written down. lol

Rough draft so far. Figured I'd put up the basics so far and fill in the rest once I've had a nap and stuff. Will get done today after my rest~

Name: Kana Akechi
Type: 'The Seemingly Normal Girl'
Archetype: The Tsundere
Role: The Nurse

Bio/Description:

Kana is from a long line of ancient warriors who have been forgotten by time itself. All that remains of them is the self defence methods that are passed down to each generation in her line, the blood flowing in her veins and the tradition of being given hand made armour and a sword when they are of age.
No one in the family remembers any stories from their ancestors like most Japanese families and research has turned up nothing but unconfirmed speculation. So her linage is a total mystery.

At the age of twelve Kana was involved in a fatal car accident which almost killed her. As a result she has been left with strange powers and often has dreams of an angel and demon fighting over her.
She was taken for psychological assessments and all assumed she was either bipolar, showing the very early signs of schizophrenia or was simply lying to gain attention. As a result she keeps her abilities and dreams to herself out of fear people will think of her as professionals have in the past.

As a child Kana enjoyed playing "Doctors and Nurses" with her fellow peers. However, unlike most children, the desire to become a nurse "When she grew up" didn't change. In fact it was the one thing that made her push to get the good grades at school. This took her all the way to medical school and made her the nurse she is now.

Although she was originally planning to be a hospital nurse her tutor advised that, due to her methods of caring for patients, she go into private care. The idea very much appealed to her, so when she was fully qualified she applied and got a job with a private home care agency.

While being assigned cases she saw KC's and for some unknown reason felt drawn to it, so she asked to take it. Although they were hesitant at first, due to her inexperience, they allowed her to take his case considering no one else seemed to want to live with someone so high maintenance. Since then she has been living with KC and looking after him.

Skills/Powers:

Kana is a fully qualified and certified nurse. However, since her near death experience she is able to tap into certain abilities which she doesn't use that often due to the repercussions that are incurred.

Limited healing - While she can't cure diseases she can heal broken bones and minor illnesses. However if she were to use this she will come out of her own life force, so as a result she will come down with a fever and act very deredere for a day or two.

Limited life drain - This is basically the same as above only she draws on someone else's life force instead of her own. If she were to use this she'd become bitchy and seductive for a day or two. (Note: If I wish to use this power on anyone I will pm for permission first.)

Orientation and Preferences:

Normal self - Heterosexual

Likes - Toys and masturbation.

Dislikes - (Anything in actual offs.)

Angel influence - Heterosexual

Likes - Tenderness, light bondage, breast play and being nibbled on.

Dislikes - Demon side (Anything in actual offs and in the demon's likes.)

Demon influence - Pansexual

Likes - Rough sex, verbal abuse, Voyeurism and bukakke.

Dislikes - Angel side (Anything in offs. and in angel's likes)

That Girl Analise

Have not talked to aribeth yet, but here's my character idea so far:

My character would be a hemomancer, relying on the magical properties of blood and life to use her powers. She isn't a sadist or anything, so she doesn't go around cutting people up and generally relies on just a prick of her finger to do the things she needs. While some hemomancers can go so far as to put a little control on their victims by using their blood should they be cut, my character doesn't really believe in it (though perhaps later in the roleplay she will, depending on the circumstances and where this roleplay takes us). Primarily believed to be an evil set of people given how they use their magic and an assumed connection to vampirism (though in reality more neutral than anything and are not vampires in the slightest) she hides what she is from any but her own kind.

While her people generally live together they send their young out for a time to see the rest of the world, learn a few things, bring back what knowledge they can. They can be gone as much as five years, depending on the family's decision, and should return to check in on occasion. The person in question may decide to completely leave the community, but this is generally frowned upon.My character is currently in her second year of discovery.

Personality-wise, I imagine her to be easy-going. Once upon a time she had a crush on her room mate (who, if aribeth agrees, she moved in with right after she left her people, so they've known each other for a while) but the feeling has passed on the assumption that the feelings were not returned. Though she is of age to, she doesn't drink because of the interference of alcohol with her ability to use blood as a magical source. She is kind-hearted and for the most part caring, though she can be a little selfish at times. Believes herself to be primarily into girls, but has had sexual relations with guys where threesomes were involved. She has a mind to train in healing when she returns to her people.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I can get behind the idea, Analise, if you allow me to change it a bit and come up with a small background about her people and what they can do with their powers."

"I like the rest of it, though."

That Girl Analise

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on October 03, 2012, 02:56:43 PM
"I can get behind the idea, Analise, if you allow me to change it a bit and come up with a small background about her people and what they can do with their powers."

"I like the rest of it, though."

A few of my ideas: blood, as a life force, can be used to heal minor things like cuts and briuses (if the bruises are cut slightly beforehand) and a few other things, nothing major.

Control would have only been minimal and only if access to the bloodstream could have been had; the second the bleeding was stemmed and access is lost control is lost as well.

I'd have to see what you re-designed before I made the character

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on October 02, 2012, 05:25:13 AM
On the Nature of Group Games: So, I've played and GMed a number of group games here, or tried to get into many. I've found they are capricious and difficult, and they take dedication. I am going to do everything I can to keep this one rolling, even if it means pushing for new recruits mid-game. So, I'm going to make this very clear, because I have seen what makes group games hard to run.

First, trust, I will keep trying to earn your trust so you guys know I'm going to be on top of things. I'm watching everything and trying to make everything mesh, and if you trust me, and you aren't a dick, things should go well. I will do what I can to neutralize problem players, or get them someone to help them improve (whether or not that's me). If you have a problem, tell me, or start a PM between me, you, and the person you are having a problem with, and don't accuse or be a dick. Just address the problem, and we can work it out like adults.

Second, pacing, this is a big issue. I know moving too fast can be a problem, but for sure, too slow can be an even bigger one. Remember that a group game isn't like a solo one, lots of people are held up, sometimes just by one post. If you're a slower poster, just try to make it clear, and if you need a hiatus, or your stuck, or you're swamped with work or school, say something. We'll move the game on, or wait, and try to get something else moving.

In the vein of pacing issue, keep scenes small. Not everything has to be drawn out, and a big group doesn't mean everyone has to be in every scene. Instead, have characters meeting up in different places to play out different situations. Unless a big event is happening, there should only be 2 to 4 primary actors in a scene. This way, if someone falls short, it doesn't drag down the whole game.

Sex scenes can be problematic in this vein as well, and you have to consider how much of the game will go on while a few characters are... co-mingling. In the end, just try to gauge the pace of the game. Be mature, and communicate if you're having an issue. Everything will move smoother that way.

Finally, there's the issue of character interaction. Like, someone's fist interacting with someone's face. Fights and antagonism happen, but not everyone is here to get beat up. When you're dealing with another player (not some villain I created), be respectful. Try to inform them first, and keep your wording vague. You don't just punch someone, you take a swing at them, maybe they dodge, block, whatever. Of course, if someone 'dodge, blocks, and whatevers' everything, I'll find something they can't dodge. Seriously. If you see your character getting into conflict with another in the near future, maybe start a conversation OOC before it even gets there, it'll save a lot of headaches.

Sometimes you want a swing or an attack to be a surprise, which is fine, focus on vague wording, and maybe drop a note in the OOC thread afterwards to let them know that you wanted to keep it dramatic or whatever. Again, do this everytime, and I'll keep it dramatic on your ass (okay, that's a weird threat...) Also, it might help to let a person know how to react to what you're doing (considering we have some interesting magic here).

Communication and maturity are key, if everyone uses them, the game can stay fun.

"Posted this on the OOC section. Everyone should read this. I want to run a long-lived and fun game, and if everyone's on board, I can do that."

Inari

I'm really looking forward to when this rp gets started. ^^

Sharon

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'm usually not around on Thursday nights. I'm going to try to get things moving so we can start this weekend, but Thursdays and Saturdays always have me busy. If things go right, maybe I'll have enough ready to get moving by Friday night, but moving too fast can be as bad as moving slowly. If some people aren't quite ready yet. I don't want to move on til I'm sure everyone's still with us."

Zhu Que

persephone325

Name: Willow Lin (Adopted last name)
Type: Anthro girl
Archetype: N/A
Role: The familiar

Bio/Description: Willow was a very young fox when Prudence stumbled across her in the woods. Somehow she got separated from her pack and was caught in a hunters trap underneath a weeping willow tree. (Hence her name.) Her back leg was bleeding quite badly. Prudence freed her and saved her life. She brought her to her house where the family nursed her back to health. When she had fully recovered, they tried to release her back into the wild. However, Willow refused to leave. Instead, she dashed back into their house and pawed at Prudence as a sign of affection, leading the family to adopt her.

Once Willow was taken in, she was treated like an extremely loved pet by the Lin's. A few years before Prudence was a teenager, her parents made Willow into a familiar to protect Prudence as she developed her powers. Willow happily accepted her new role, thinking of it as repayment for the family taking her and basically saving her life.

Throughout the years she has forged an intense bond with Prudence and a strong relationship with Jude (Prudence's twin brother). However, also through that time, she has developed a bit of a crush on Jude. Hence, some of their interactions are a bit awkward.

Willow is very protective of Prudence and Jude and considers them her "pack". Her personality is much like Prudence's in that she is very friendly. But due to her obvious animal characteristics, she is very shy in public places and around people she does not know. Because of this, she usually lets Prudence and Jude take the lead in social situations unless she senses danger. If the twins trust someone, then Willow does as well.

Due to being exposed to magik all through her upbringing, Willow has become sensitive to the spirit world and is able to sense when spirits are present. This ability is not extremely strong, but she is much more in tune than the average human.

Skills/Powers:
~Capable of transforming into a fox
~Very agile and fast
~Is sensitive to the spirit world
~In human form, she has fox ears and eyes (However she wears sunglasses or contacts in public)
~Above average hearing in human form
~Can see quite well in darkness (Either form)
~Due to her intense bond with Prudence, they are able to communicate without words (if need be) while Willow is in either form

Orientation and Preferences: Straight (See player's Ons/Offs for more info if needed)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Sounds good by me, very cute little fox and girl. Glad to see your still with us."

persephone325

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on October 05, 2012, 03:19:43 PM
"Sounds good by me, very cute little fox and girl. Glad to see your still with us."

Thank you. :)

Quote from: Starcry on October 05, 2012, 04:27:12 PM
I wanna cuddle the foxy lady! XD

Maybe we'll cross paths... ;) lol
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

ManyMindsManyVoices

"We'll probably still take a bit more time, but things are on track, and I'm still looking for more interest. If you guys want to start chatting and such in the OOC thread, it's always good to start player communication."

Sharon

Ryuka- Do you want me to post up Dan for you?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"PM him to me, since he's an NPC. That was I can decide how I want it to look and what details I want to post."

Sharon

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on October 05, 2012, 10:47:56 PM
"PM him to me, since he's an NPC. That was I can decide how I want it to look and what details I want to post."

full bio or just a little bit of this and that as we had talked about. Or do you wanted me to add a little bit to what I sent you the other day?

ManyMindsManyVoices

ManyMindsManyVoices

"The game's still recruiting, though we have a few people I'm waiting to hear from. The second post is completely up-to-date, and the OOC page lists all current and potential players. I am keeping everything updated and cleaned up as I go, and I'm updating the first couple of posts periodically, based on how things are coming. Starcry and I are doing some preparation for the game, and I hope to see persephone back soon. Not sure what's up with Aribeth, but until we're ready to start, I'll assume something came up with her computer or real-life."

persephone325

I'll be getting my history up soon. I'm REALLY sorry that it's taken me so long, but RL has become a MAJOR pain in the ass lately... *sigh* I was hoping to have it done by now...
I don't know.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"No worries. Real life happens, and I'm not trying to rush you. I'm the most patient impatient person you'll ever meet." n.n