Modern Town Gets Sucked into Fantasy World. (Likely Freeform.) (Need Males)

Started by Vergil1989, September 29, 2012, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Chreestafer

Ok so how do I set a character sheet like that so I can get my guy created :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

yesiroleplay

Thanks Vergil.

Chreestafer - there's a sheet template in the first post of this thread.  "Quote" that post, and then edit-off the opening and closing [ quote ] tags and fill in the sheet.
That's what I did.  I also wrapped things in spoilers with the "hide" button on the editor bar.

Regarding your question in PM, our characters can be neighbors if you want.  Though most likely they won't be friends.

Chreestafer

Ok thanks I'll set my character up at home tonight.

As for the neighbor thing it truly up to you I could find someone else.  I was just gonna run with a small idea of maybe as kids they were friends but grew up and grew apart.  My character is going to be a navy seal.  I'll explain in my bio all that but he's going to returning home before thinags happen. It's just a thought though...
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

yesiroleplay

Probably not then.  She's only 18 and about to start college, if he's been in the Navy long enough to become a seal he's several years older than her.

Chreestafer

It's cool seal training is only 2 year deal so I was gonna have him at 23ish since he joined at 18 but that's cool I'll work something out with another character :) thanks
Ons and Offs
F-List

Vergil1989

I have a question for you Chreestafer.  Under your YIM icon you have something that says Watched with a green apostrophe thing on the left hand side.  Care to explain that since I have never seen that before while on E.  If you're being monitored by the people in charge and you end up getting kicked or something then that might be a problem.  If it's not that serious though then go ahead and see what someone wants to do and all that.

I might need someone to be my gal's friend if anyone wants to volunteer.  I haven't finished her background yet but she was date raped at a party, hence why she ran back to the town as she has.  Beyond that I don't really have a whole lot to go on at the moment.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Chreestafer

I came back after a long absence and posted another rp and messed up age limit wise cause I forgot the rules I havent been bad just screwed that up but I'm ok now I believe.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Vergil1989

Oh, I see.  Sorry to sound rude or anything about all that, just wasn't sure what to think since I've never seen that before and had no idea why it'd be there except for some kind of trouble said person might have been in here.  Thanks for telling me and as long as you're careful I don't see a problem with you staying.  :P  At any rate, if you want to hook up with my girl I'll finish her background up here soon enough and go from there.

Chreestafer

How many players do we got? And I don't see the button but I'd hope they are nice I didn't mean to screw u p just accident is all.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Vergil1989

At least six I believe, five humans from the town and one fantasy creature if I remember right.  I could be mistaken but someone's been nice enough to keep making an up-to-date listing of who we have so far.  At any rate, again it's fine Chreestafer so no worries.  :P

Vergil1989

Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Annabella Swanson

* Nicknames: Gamer Girl, D & D GM of Doom

* Appearance: 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
- Height: 5 foot 3 inches
- Weight:  150 pounds
- Hair Color/Style: (See pic.)
- Eye Color: Mismatched eyes.  Left is blood red while the right is sky blue.
- Makeup: She doesn't wear makeup anymore.
- Clothing: She used to be into semi revealing outfits that would show off her body without going into rude or obscene territory but now she's far more conservative and covers up far more than she used to.  Long pants, long sleeve shirts, etc.
- Jewelry: Used to have a metal piercing in her tongue but had it removed.  Otherwise she still wears the occasional hoop earring and her class ring from New York Art Institute.

* Race: Human

* Physical Abilities/Limitations: Before her incident that had forced her to move to the city that would disappear off the face of the map, Annabella or Anna as she was more commonly called used to be a bit overweight.  She was a gamer first and foremost growing up and had always wanted to make her own games both computer and otherwise growing up.  Her mind is sharp and despite being overweight at the time, her reflexes were even sharper, always had been.  She used to go out for soccer and Kung Fu classes growing up until she hit high school, but then her parents split up and the classes and soccer went with her mom.  Still, she wasn't overly upset at the breakup itself since her mother wasn't exactly mom of the year material, just that most of her old friends were also into the same things she'd been in so having to move away from all that had taken its toll on her physical health and emotional well-being for a while.  Even so, Anna recovered enough to get through the rest of her years of high school and graduated at the top of her class.  Art had always been her strong suit regardless and fantasy in general another passion of hers, always eager for the newest Dungeons and Dragons material she could get her hands on.  During her college years she earned quite a name for herself as a challenging GM Mistress, often with jokes being thrown around that she was the GM of Doom since few ever survived her mentally taxing puzzles she threw into each and every dungeon she created, sometimes taking said puzzles from books or games she had either read or played recently and adding her own twist to them.

While there is little chance of her actually making the traps herself or anything close to them, drawing them out is a whole other ball game.  Planning and sketching designs for medieval styled booby traps and the like for her dungeons she ran before having to run for the hills was more of a hobby than anything, but it was still quite fun all the same.  Castle siege scenarios, raiding tactics, boss battle fights of various design; ask and she's probably at least thought of it at some point if nothing else.  She still retains the knowledge of her kung fu classes but not the body to keep up with more experienced or in fit opponents, at least not these days.  Given enough time she could easily get back into the swing of things but it'd take someone of considerable patience to manage it.

Personality;  Before the incident, Anna was the social butterfly and everyone's friend in general, although she wasn't loose or wanton by nature.  She just liked people and was very trusting despite a somewhat rough childhood with her mom and father getting a divorce when she was 12.  There was no way she was going to go with her mom and her dad wasn't about to let her go so despite having to move away from everything she knew save for the fact they at least stayed in New York, Anna was raised in the lap of luxury one could almost argue.  Despite having an easier life than most she didn't let it get to her head....too much.  In a way, the incident that changed her life leveled Anna's slowly spiraling life back on a better path than she had been on but the pain of it still remains to this day.  Now she trusts very few people and has all but isolated herself from the world, only coming out to buy groceries or do other necessary things along those lines while vastly preferring to work from home now and keeping herself out of harm's way.  Regardless of her fear of people in general, Anna still holds her curiosity and sharp mind and despite being an above average intellectual, she is also very open minded about some things such as mystical happenings although believing in them is another thing altogether these days.  If classified with an alignment from her D & D days, she'd have been considered Chaotic Good.  Even now despite being an emotional train wreck she'd still retain the same classification.

Background;  She had been at the town before, to see her grandparents for a while shortly after her parents had gotten their divorce.  Her father had wanted to go out of the city and seeing his parents, her grandparents had seemed like quite a good idea.  They moved back to New York at the end of the summer, and while things were still a bit rough she never forgot the place which was small but quite welcoming to her and her dad.  Every summer after that they went back until she turned 16 when her grandparents died of heart attacks at the same time.  While statistically rare to have two heart attacks on the same day, the shock of seeing his wife of close to 50 years having a heart attack had sent her grand dad into a similar spiral.  Thankfully a neighbor came later that day and while the news was quite saddening, at least they went together and they didn't suffer too long.  Still, they left the house to their grand daughter and most of their possessions as well, having always favored Anna over any of their other grand children which were few and far between since she had come from a relatively small family.  Everyone had been quite friendly and she had made a few friends while she had been there up until then.  Still, all things had to come to an end and life rolled on until her 18th birthday.  That was when everything changed for the worse.

Before, while slightly overweight for most of her life after her parents' divorce, Annabella had been the social butterfly and always active in many things during her high school and college days, as short lived as they'd prove to be.  She wasn't exactly into the whole party scene but neither would she walk away from her friends if they needed a ride home or something so she normally went to parties and the like, mainly to serve as the designated driver if nothing else.  She took the time to study using her laptop which held all of her notes and programs she used for her computer design classes and the like, and during those days was normally able to find a quiet spot where no one would bother her most of the time.  A couple months after her 18th birthday though, she had started to see a guy who she had started to like.  He was head of the basketball team and as these things sometimes happen, a few drinks and one thing leading to another found Anna in a situation she had absolutely no control over.  She learned that her choice of boyfriend had an anger issue and didn't take being rejected well....at all.  But instead of lashing out like most people would have he got clever and rooffied her drink.  The next thing she knew she was sandwiched between him and one of his buddies.  The pain alone was nearly enough to snap her sanity as she screamed bloody murder before feeling her rapist ex boyfriend backhand her into unconsciousness once more.  Thankfully one of her friends had heard her and immediately got the cops to come out after all but knocking down the door to the bedroom she was locked in with the two drunken assholes.  Having found a baseball bat, her friend proceeded to beat the living shit out of both of them before carrying Anna to safety.  The party was officially over when word got out about what happened.

The damage had been done however and Anna was never the same again.  She still has nightmares about that night, mostly a drugged blur but it's more than enough to keep her up at night most days.  She promptly arranged to move into her grandparents' home back in the town and hasn't been back to New York since.  Her father calls her regularly and some of her friends still come out when they can but they have started lives of their own while Annabella has all but grown stagnate save for her work she does over the internet since she is almost too afraid now to go outside anymore after everything she had gone through.  The two that had done what they did to her are still rotting in prison last she had heard anything about them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Socioeconomic Class/Standing

* Class: Upper Middle Class.  Would likely work towards being a monk.

* Religion: Former Christian

* Place of Birth:  New York, New York.  Upper East Side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventory;  Other than her cellphone, laptop computer which rarely leaves the house, charger, purse full of her ID and credit cards and other essentials and the like, Anna doesn't carry much out of the usual except a taser and a bottle of pepper spray.  Being date raped doesn't exactly allow one to go outside the house unprepared if one's gotten paranoid enough as she has.

* Weapons: Other than a taser and a can of pepper spray, she carries nothing to defend herself.  She has some basic kung fu but is really out of shape and hasn't practiced for years.

* Misc;  Has a wide array of fantasy and computer games, books, movies and other media as well as hand drawn sketches of her old dungeons she used to run.  She did however toss her D & D book called the Book of Erotic Fantasy given what happened to her, or so she thinks anyway since by happy chance alone it wound up in a box up in the attic of her house.  Given it once was one of her favorite rule sets with her own blend added to the lot so they weren't half broken as they were by themselves or too overpowered as was the case with some of the stuff in the book, if found she might be quite grateful if the timing is right of course.

Vergil1989

Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Neria Zathrieal

* Nicknames:

* Appearance: 
((In armor.))

((Normal appearance.))
- Height: 5' 4''
- Weight: 135 pounds
- Hair Color/Style: Golden lustrous blond that falls across her back in waves.
- Eye Color: Deep sea green eyes
- Makeup: Usually only uses exotic perfumes for the most part, and only when she's playing the part of the sacred prostitute does she do so.
- Clothing: When not in her elven mithril chainmail, Neria favors transparent robes made of silk or satin to other soft and usually revealing outfits.  Not a fan of leather or anything else associated with BDSM since pain is not her thing.
- Jewelry: Neria lives simply to serve and aid others, and so she doesn't like to flaunt wealth in the form of necklaces and earrings and the like.

* Race: Light elf

* Physical Abilities/Limitations: Longevity, agility and dexterity, strength, and far seeing eyes and other keen senses are all traits of the elven race.  Neria is in prime physical condition since she was trained as a cleric at an early age after the brutal deaths of her family and friends.  However, even after her near complete recovery, if even a sign of an orc is seen by her, don't expect much mercy to be had if she manages to catch up with the brutes.  The only time Neria loses her calm and gentle nature is in the presence of foul orcs.  Neria has trained heavily in the cleric and the more healing oriented arts of the sacred prostitutes, sacred lovemakers that use their bodies rather than herbs or traditional magics to restore and to tend to the sick, wounded, or cursed, and they are also able to restore magic users' spells in this manner.  Some are able to communicate to the gods in this manner as well, finding out information that would otherwise be impossible to find.

While she has the common traits of her elven kind, Neria is not a rogue and so cannot do acrobatic feats that would match such a classification.  Nor is she an archer by any stretch of the imagination.  She can hunt and cook and even barter for reasonable prices at market as well as read and write, but beyond that she has few skills she could fall back on if the need arose.  Her gentle nature could be taken advantage of if her adversary is smarter than she is but if she were to find out such be warned that elves have long memories.  Some would go out of their way to exact a suitable punishment if not outright revenge for such duplicity.

Personality;  Neria Zathrieal is probably one of the nicest and most generous people you'll ever come into contact with.  Steadfast in her friendships, honest to a fault, loyal, and easy to get along with, the light elf cleric gives of herself freely and her powers are only used to help those in need.  She would not see someone suffer if she could help it, and has often gone out of her way to help complete strangers with a healing spell or a simple word of encouragement, as long as they were willing to listen of course.  Her mere presence is soothing and relaxing most days, but the only time this gentle woman becomes hard and unforgiving is when someone tries to abuse what she gives or in the presence of orcs because of what they had done to her family and clan so long ago.

Background;  Neria's story begins when she was fifteen, when orcs raided, slaughtered, and raped her family and friends.  She had been spared thanks to her mother hiding her within a hollowed log, but a hundred years would pass before she ever fully recovered from that night and the events that transpired.  She learned to be a cleric from the man that led a group of adventurers through the orc horde that had destroyed everything she held dear, but there were some wounds that not even his considerable power was able to touch.  Learning to be a Sacred Prostitute years later, Neria found that due to her traumatic start, she wasn't able to get intimately close to anyone until she went on an adventure of her own.  The journey led to her meeting a man that showed her she had nothing to fear anymore, and gave her peace of mind, body, and soul before they parted ways.  From this feeling of utter peace that she had never known until then, the elven cleric used what she had learned and felt and wanted to share it with any that would receive it, and so she became a wandering cleric and general healer, doing all in her power to bring aid to the lands she came into contact with.

She met many good and lasting friends over her travels, the most notable being the Do'Urden family.  Giselle especially hit it off with the cleric despite their opposite blood lines, Neria being a light elf and Giselle being half dark and light elven in nature.  Despite this, they became fast friends and keep in contact with each other whenever the opportunity presents itself.  For now though Neria does hope to find something more than her current wandering life since while she enjoys the honest work that she does, it is not always easy being alone in the wild places of the world.

* Class: Cleric/Sacred Prostitute  Generally poor by choice since she needs little save for food, shelter, and the like.

* Religion: Corellan Larathain

* Place of Birth: Continent of Faerun within the Plane of Existence of Toril.  Born in an elven encampment deep in the Trollbark Forest.

Inventory

* Weapons: A long sword and shield that bears the crescent moon of the elven god of war and protection, Corellan Larathain.  Both items are enchanted with holy magics, making them quite effective against the undead although they can be used against more common foes like orcs, goblins, and the like easily enough.

* Misc;  Other than a pack and a belt full of healing potions, spell components, and gear to survive out in the wild, Neria travels light and without showing any apparent physical wealth in the form of money or jewels, (although she could have plenty of both through the donations offered to her and the followers of Sune back home,) Neria keeps a necklace of her god around her neck at all times to serve as a holy symbol to aid in her healing magics.

Chreestafer

Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Christopher Phoenix

* Nicknames: Chris

* Appearance: 
- Height: 6'1
- Weight: 196lbs
- Hair Color/Style: short crew cut thats a light dirty blonde
- Eye Color: hazle green eyes
- Makeup: none
- Clothing: military naval outfit
- Jewelry: necklace with a nail on it

* Race: human (from what he thinks, hes truely half elven)

* Physical Abilities/Limitations: survival skills, some minor mechanic knowldge from mother, seal training, after being alone and rejected many times hes afraid to take the unkown leap so he kind of locks up

Personality: Chris grew up practicly alone, other then his childhood friends about town he never truly knew his parents.  He took care of himself so his survival skills are above par.  being alone for so long however has made him kind of withdrawn. hes depressed and even though he acceled in school he just never felt good enough for who he was or wants to be. 

Background: Born on a naval ship has placed chris where he truly felt at peace.  His mother was a naval mechanic on airplanes aboard the USS enterprise.  She was pregnant while aboard ship and gave birth to christopher while underway.  He grew up in the military life style moving from place to place, school to school.  When he turned 16 they settled in one place(said town) from which he graduated school.  his senior year his best friend joined the service as a navy seal.  Liking this idea after his 18th birthday he joined as a seal as well without informing his mother (who was away)

5 years have passed as a navy seal, hes been over seas for 6 month intervals 3 times and as a memeber of seal team 7 hes recieve liberty for 2 months off.  He arrives home days prior to the event alone as always.  (more to come but this is a taste of what im leaning towards and input from anyone?)

i also am looking for a female neighbor that maybe they could have had a history and live side by side, maybe he messed up their friendship looking for more (causing drama)

* Class: in fantasy world he would be a pirate or sailor of sorts swashbuckler

* Religion: Christian (personal views)

* Place of Birth: naval ship uss enterprise

Inventory: wallet, necklace, krambit (knife)

* Weapons: Krambit (curved knife)

* Misc: necklace with a nail on it (given by mother as graduation gift)
Ons and Offs
F-List

CurvyKitten

I shake my fist at you vergil I really do. Making another game that just has to catch my eye. :P

Tries to look back and see what you need~ I believe you need more females. I have an idea for both a towns person and a fantasy girl. I'll see about working up some sheets.

Anon315

Chreestafer, few things about your sheet. One: "Military Naval Uniform", if we're talking U.S. Navy, they have at least six. Dress and Casual Blues and Whites, ACU's / Coveralls, and Utility Blues ("Dungarees"). Two: No women deployed with a combatant craft such as a carrier until October 1994, and of the women who deployed and became pregnant (15 out of about 400) all were shipped back to shore for birth. Three: The number of deployments is fine, but you don't get two months of liberty. Liberty is a weekend thing, generally. You'll get a day off or a day tacked onto a weekend so you don't have to travel fast. Leave is the longer time away, and is feasible to have two months saved up especially after a deployment.

I don't mean to harp on this, but it's a matter of semi-realism. You're seeking to play a character based on something that others have lived, and while I'm willing to suspend a little bit of the strictures of reality, this just slapped me in the face.

Chreestafer

I mean no disrespect so don't take it as such.  I might have messed the terms up however I do know little as my brother is in the navy. So I'm going off what little I've heard so truly ment no disrespect.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Vergil1989

I don't know anything about the military myself so the facts you've given Anon are most welcome.  And thank you Chrees for being so willing to make the necessary changes since he's right.  The realism part of being a townie is what I'm at least hoping to find regarding character sheets.  Fantasy characters get a bit more freedom unless you're using a well known history and world and all that, in which case just know your stuff is all I ask.

And Curvy, sorry lol.  But otherwise feel free to drop in.  And this isn't technically my game, I'm just helping to run it.  :P  I haven't forgotten about the other game so don't worry on that, I've just been kind of sick and busy lately but I'll get back to it today if all goes well.

maniac

Vergil1989

maniac

Vergil1989

CurvyKitten

What time of year is the town in?

And is it alright to say my town girl was on the edge of town rock climbing?

Also the fantasy characters guessing base races, do we bother with a class?

And what Level are they relatively at?

Vergil1989

I don't see a problem with that Curvy.  And I'd say around oh, early spring if not early summer.  Either way it'd be past winter so the weather would be nice if nothing else.  :D  As for the fantasy races, yes a class is necessary for everyone since most fantasy people can be classified as being something or another.  It helps to dictate what you're good at and what you're not on top of whatever else you throw into the mix along the way.  Rogues are normally thieves, able to lockpick and sneak about either through the use of acrobatics or blending into a crowd at will.  Clerics are generally healers but also good at taking out undead at will, etc etc you get the idea lol.  As for level, I'd have to look at my DnD stuff to be sure but I think level six is high enough for any specialty classes you wish to throw along with your main stuff so anywhere between 5 and 10 at the highest I'd wager but again Jecter might say differently.  He's supposed to be free sometime today and the weekend I'd imagine so we'll be starting this soon enough I'm sure.

Chreestafer

So where's said town located? Any where near the ocean (I.e. Virginia beach or something) cause then I can have other to where the naval base is near the town which I live in. Any objections?
Ons and Offs
F-List