Modern Town Gets Sucked into Fantasy World. (Likely Freeform.) (Need Males)

Started by Vergil1989, September 29, 2012, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

The last time this group game was put together there weren't any overly evil characters running about that I remember anyway.  We did have a couple demon sisters but they were what I'd call chaotic good if not chaotic neutral if that makes any sense.  I only bring this up since I'm just a little nervous about said soul stealer being too evil to fit but I'd be willing to give it a go if Jecter is.  At any rate, I'll send a skeleton character sheet to him later today and hopefully it'll be up before the day is done.  To everyone else that signed up, I'm glad to have you here guys and gals and I wish you luck.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil1989

The first post on the first page has been edited with a character sheet boys and girls.  It's the original character sheet from the first run of this game back when it was still around with a couple of minor edits.  It might be big in size but a lot of it can be answered quite quickly so don't worry too much about it.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

stargirl

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 01, 2012, 09:03:31 AM
The last time this group game was put together there weren't any overly evil characters running about that I remember anyway.  We did have a couple demon sisters but they were what I'd call chaotic good if not chaotic neutral if that makes any sense.  I only bring this up since I'm just a little nervous about said soul stealer being too evil to fit but I'd be willing to give it a go if Jecter is.  At any rate, I'll send a skeleton character sheet to him later today and hopefully it'll be up before the day is done.  To everyone else that signed up, I'm glad to have you here guys and gals and I wish you luck.

He isn't evil, just hungry.

Vergil1989

Ah, so kind of a soul sucking vampire.  Hell, make him an Incubus and you could have all kinds of fun as well as feed him at the same time lol.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 01, 2012, 02:50:11 PM
Ah, so kind of a soul sucking vampire.  Hell, make him an Incubus and you could have all kinds of fun as well as feed him at the same time lol.
Wouldn't that put too much emphasis on  sex, though? Anywho, just my two cents. Time to work on a character sheet!

Character Sheet

* Given Name: Erik Van Buren

* Nicknames: Erik, E

* Appearance:
- Height: 5'10
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Hair Color/Style: Blond, short, combed back.
- Eye Color: Green
- Makeup: N/A
- Clothing: Prefers light clothing in dark colors. Typically wears a padded, genuine leather jacket, or biker armor,  gloves, boots,  and a helmet when riding.
- Jewelry: N/A

* Race: Human

* Physical Abilities/Limitations: Though born with a sharp mind, he was, at least as a child, fairly frail; he does still have a weakened immune system because of a condition of his, although his strength, constitution, and even reflexes are marginally above the normal levels of a man of his age. This has come at the expense of lots of time training, which came at the expense of having friends or relationships of any sort.

Good at riding motorcycles, but can't drive a car (and this skill will only be applicable for as long as their's fuel and his bike stays in good shape). Knows how to maintain a motorcycle, but can't do more than the most modest of repairs. Knows how to handle himself in a fight. Well learned in many sciences.

He also knows how to cook; living alone, that's the only way he can really get his hands on a good meal. It is also how he pays the bills, working at a diner as a chef.

Personality; Born frail and with Diabetes, for which he must take insulin, Erik used to get pushed around a lot in school. This has, at its core, left him with a certain resentment towards many people, as he could only rarely ever get assistance in the matter, and an extreme prejudice towards people that throw their weight around (though ironically, he can, himself, become this very same type of person when confronted with a bully).

Between middle school and high school, he spent a lot of time bulking himself up. Plus, a major growth spurt put him into the same weight category as the people that used to push him around.  While they were content to leave a child who could defend himself alone, Erik often times found himself stepping in and giving the bullies a thrashing when they were picking on weaker individuals. Consequently, Erik can be exceedingly protective over the weak and helpless, and even more so towards anyone he might actually befriend.

He got into motorcycles when he was 16, and his uncle, a biker, started teaching him how to ride. The motorcycle he currently rides, a cherry red Dyna Wideglide, was a gift for his eighteenth birthday from his uncle.

He is fiercely independent, most likely as a result of the fact that he's always been a lone wolf.  He follows no ones rules but his own, because he finds the rules of others typically only exist to be exploited by those in power.

His medical condition has resulted in his interest in biology and medicine, and consequently, he knows quite a bit more than what he needs to know to take care of himself. He may step in, at times, and use this basic medical knowledge to help others, but typically, he refrains, not wanting to get involved.

If he had an alignment, it would be True Neutral, with leanings towards Chaotic and Good.

After the switch to the new world, Erik will develop a high amount of recklessness, as a result of the fact that his days will be heavily numbered, barring the discovery of some sort of magical cure.

Background;  The son of an abusive drunkard of a man, and a woman who cared too much and too deeply for lies to ever try and improve her lot, their are few who would be surprised that Erik grew up to be a rather warped and bitter person.  Even to this day, he bears physical scars acquired during his childhood, a time of innocence lost, dread, and horror. But, he does not spend much time recalling those days; he tells many people that he's partially amnesiac, as an excuse to never discuss his childhood. He focuses, instead, on the here and now, for he is also denied a future due to health complications. It is likely that his strong sense of justice and despising of bullies comes from the abuse he's dealt with; not only at the hands of the one whom was supposed to protect him, but from his peers as well.

He became an emancipated teen when he was 16, got himself set up in a cheap, run down apartment, and spent the rest of his high school years working part time and odd jobs around the town.  He managed to do well, and also got to get closer to his uncle during this time; a man who would eventually help him, even if only indirectly, to become something a bit better than  his old man. Whether it was giving some assistance at work (his uncle being a mechanic) for some cash under the table, or learning how to ride a motorcycle (and all the care-free trips they took on their bikes), he found something cathartic, and even learned, from some of his uncles biker buddies, how to just let go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Socioeconomic Class/Standing

* Class: Fighter/Rogue

* Religion: Agnostic with Buddhist leanings

* Place of Birth: The Town

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventory;  Cell phone, seven inch folding stainless steel pocket knife, wallet with credit and debit card, cash and IDs, a medic alert bracelet, biking gear mentioned above, a four ounce hip flask (which he keeps filled with diet coke, given that his medical condition can be greatly compromised by alcohol), All Purpose First Aid Kit, 33 pc - Mini, fuel reserve can (2 gallons, kept in his garage, but could be jury-rigged and mounted to the back of his bike)

* Weapons: seven inch folding stainless steel pocket knife, aluminum baseball bat.

* Misc;  A PS2 and a bunch of games for it, horror movie dvd collection,  large music cd collection (mostly rock, metal, grunge, and lots of Industrial and its subgenres), insulin pump, continuous glucose monitor, spare batteries for both, insulin pump supplies, several vials of insulin (enough to last him six weeks).
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

It was the first thing that came to mind lol.  But yes, it probably would, if not handled the right way at least.  Just because you play such a character doesn't mean you have to fall back on sex all the time though.  Just my own two cents.  :P  And cool Hanged, glad to hear it.

Minor edit;  If you missed it once before, and unless Jecter says otherwise whenever he's able to get posts up with his busy schedule at the moment making it a bit hard, I'd allow one townie and one fantasy character a person if they want to go that route of course.  Beyond that enjoy yourselves!

TheHangedOne

Got everything up but background, though I think one could easily piece it all together from the other bits. I will add the background in later.
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

You've done exactly what I was hoping for Hanged.  And the background is cool as is for now so don't worry too much about it until Jecter and me get together and agree on a place.  I do want to clarify one thing though guys and gals.  Class can be more than your economic standing.  Class in most cases is like rogue, fighter, mage, etc so if you want to include that as well, go for it even if you are a human.  I'd consider class in that case to be what you'd want to work towards rather than what you are already if that makes sense.  Anyway, I'll get to work on a character sheet or two as well here soon probably.

Anon315

Character Application
* Given Name: Deitrich James Sampson

* Nicknames: Deitr, D.J.

* Appearance:  D.J. is a large man, fully seven feet tall and with enough muscle to look intimidating as possible, if it weren't for the kind face he's always presenting. To all outside appearances he still looks the football player he once was, with enough muscle to be strong but not quite so much that it looks excessive. His hair is short, almost a military cut, and the brown of it matches his eyes. His otherwise fairly perfect body is marred by the injury that took him from the field, an amputation below the knee of his left leg. He has several prostheses, from a bare-bones metallic number, to one designed for running, and another which looks like an actual leg. His style of dress is generally casual, to match his work situation, and he is always well groomed when not working.

- Height: 7'1"
- Weight: 270
- Hair Color/Style: Brown, Crew Cut
- Eye Color: Brown
- Makeup: Usually none.
- Clothing: Jeans, shirts, boots. Has one or two nice outfits somewhere.
- Jewelry: Class Ring

* Race: Human, Caucasian.

* Physical Abilities/Limitations: Strong, handy with tools and weapons that are shaped like tools, able to take a lot of punishment. On the flip side, his leg while not generally limiting can pose certain problems.

Personality: DJ is a team player, has been since his earliest days and still is. From camaraderie on the field to the workplace, even to social situations, a crowd is where DJ shines. He's slow to anger, quick in compassion, but stubborn as an ox. When he sets his mind to something it's like moving a mountain his general size. He's persistent, bordering on belligerent, with an attitude that tends to grate if left alone with someone less enthusiastic for too long.

Background: DJ is the son of Rebecca and Luke Sampson, a wonderful married couple who are themselves doctors. They met in college and settled in the town at the local clinic after their residency. A few years later, they were blessed with the addition of DJ to their family. Childhood progressed normally until at age seven he was diagnosed with a "cognitive impairment", rather the change from his parents. They however were entirely too happy with him, regardless of his perceived societal abnormality. So DJ grew, into adulthood, being a fairly normal boy all the while. He excelled in sports, and passed his studies with the help and pushing of his parents, which allowed him to earn a college football scholarship.

In college, DJ tried his best and was an exemplary student. He was getting a degree in Construction Management, and playing football during the season. He enjoyed those years and was every bit the normal collegiate athlete, except for his size and a propensity for kindness towards the opposition. Though he would be the first to knock an opponent down flat, and he did so often, he was also the first to offer a hand back up after the whistle was blown. Then one weekend, after a marvelous night of partying, he was being driven home (not sober enough to drive himself), when a drunk driver in a different car T-boned the vehicle he was in on his side, the car crumpling around his body like an empty beer can. The driver was relatively unharmed, severe concussion, but DJ was sent to the hospital with pieces of metal and fiberglass embedded in his leg. The hospital did their best to remove it, but they missed a small piece beneath the skin. Despite their best work cleaning the wounds, it became gangrenous, and had to be partially removed. His football scholarship ended when his eligibility did, they wouldn't allow him to play with a prosthesis.

Despite two parents in the medical field who abhorred the thought, DJ sought a malpractice claim against the hospital and was rewarded with a fairly modest claim based on the average career of an NFL player, granting him 4 years of expectation, as well as the league minimum salary. The jury saw this, combined with the excellent legal representation DJ had received, and his overwhelmingly modest desires, and they gave him more than he had asked for. All things told, after his degree completion DJ had enough to start his own construction business, and give it its own first project. He may have been considered slow at one point, but one thing he understood was that he didn't want to work construction management his whole life. So he built an apartment complex, a fairly nice one, using most of his settlement money to start up the project. After it was complete and people moved in and the money started flowing, he put up a loan against his own property and built another. Then he stopped. He had two apartment complexes and a construction company, both of which were autonomous without him, and he pulled in enough money to live comfortably. So in his early twenties, he had no need for a career as he was making a fair amount of money, and spent a large amount of his time socializing, golfing, and generally keeping himself in shape so he looked good. His only trouble was the fact he could never be certain if the people he met were interested in him or just his money.

* Class: Upper-Middle Class

* Religion: Christian, Non-Denominational

* Place of Birth: ((Chosen City))

Inventory: Nothing of import.

* Weapons: Baseball Bat, and in a pinch a Sledgehammer.

* Misc: Class Ring, Necklace with the piece that took his leg in a capsule.

Vergil1989

Beautifully done I say Anon.  A piece of art if I had ever seen one.  :D  Seriously though, I hope Jecter approves your fellow since he'd be a fool not to given the work you obviously put into this.  The only thing missing is what kind of fighter would he be if the need arose?  Like would you classify him as a barbarian, a knight, what?  Just curious more than anything lol.  Anyway, I'm heading to bed guys and gals and I'll see ya all tomorrow, hopefully with more news regarding the actual setting and all that if Jecter doesn't put it here himself.  Either way, adios!

thesleepyrobot

Character Application
Basic Attributes

Given Name: Devin Fletcher
Nicknames: None

Appearance: 
- Height: 6’ 2”
- Weight: 190 lbs
- Hair Color/Style: Short corporate hairstyle, graying a bit at the sides.
- Eye Color: Brown
- Makeup: none
- Clothing: A suit, and some casual clothes
- Jewelry: An expensive watch.

Race: Human

Physical Abilities/Limitations: He is physically fit since he exercises every day and he likes to hike. Beyond that, he has no special physical skills. Despite being fit, he isn’t really into sports. Finding his life a little humdrum, he had started taking survival courses and going on survival excursions, but he is still inexperienced and has a lot to learn. Also, he takes his son to Scouts once a week, so he has some rudimentary knowledge of knot tying and other camping basics.

Personality;  Although living in a fantasyland might come as a bit of a shock, he has a logical way of thinking and an ability to not get overwhelmed that will serve him well. Also, he has developed a certain ruthless in his quest to succeed that was fed by his desire to escape the small town. He saw a lot in his younger days travelling around the world, so not much phases him. However, he has become fairly staid and boring in middle age. His creativity, imagination, and lust for life dried up long ago. The move to a fantasy world has the potential to reawaken his sense of adventure.

Background; Devin moved away from the small town long ago, a town he hated growing up in. He only came back for a few days to sign some papers regarding the sale of his parents home. The home is for sale because Devin has relocated his parents to a nursing home. Thinking he would only be in the town for a few days, he left his wife and two children back in the city.

Devin works in upper management in a software company. In his younger days he travelled the world, but once he got a corporate job, he became very conservative. He gets satisfaction out of the success he has had climbing the corporate ladder, but he does feel that the rat race has been a bit meaningless. He loves his family enough that he accepts the fact that he needs to work hard in a fairly boring job so he can supply them with the things they need to be comfortable.

Class: Middle to Upper class

Religion: none

Place of Birth: The town, but moved to the city after high school.

Inventory; He has a laptop, a daytimer, a smartphone, and a leatherman multitool.

Weapons: He has his multitool which contains a few small knives, but beyond that, he doesn’t have any weapons.

Misc;  He doesn’t have much with him since he was only meant to be in town for a few days.

Vergil1989

Wonderfully done Sleepyrobot.  It's good to have ya around for this.  This will likely kick into gear on Friday according to a PM I got the other night but until then keep the profiles coming.  Until I find out more just calling the place the town is good enough for now.  :D

Caela

This looks like a LOT of fun. Will work up a CS for a fantasy native and see what the GM's thoughts on her are! :)

Caela

CS

Given Name: Alyra Drakkar

Nicknames: Ly (Lee)

Appearance

Description: In her humanoid shape, Ly stands at an intimidating (especially for a female) 6'2, with long, lean muscles, golden skin, eyes like dark pools and a mane of midnight hair to the middle of her back. She moves with the grace and surety of a feline and her gaze can be anything from intensely penetrating to utterly dismissive depending on why it falls on you.

Height: 6'1

Weight: variable, though almost always heavier than she appears

Hair Color/Style: Black

Eye Color: Midnight blue, nearly black

Makeup: None

Clothing: Simple robes that are easy to move, and hide things, in.

Jewelry: A silver necklace with a pendant in the shape of a beast with the head of a woman, the body of a serpent, hooves like a horse, and the tail of a large feline, a gift from her mother when she came of Age, and a golden ring with her house crest (the imprint of a phoenix) on her left ring finger; her father's coming of Age gift to her.

Race: Shapeshifter

Physical Abilities/Limitations: Any limitations inherent to whatever shape she's in. Ex. shaped like a song-bird, she won't be the fastest flyer and would be in danger from predators that might see her as prey. This is why she has a decided preference for humanoid shapes (and their ability to use and carry a variety of weapons) or those of predators, though, when she feels safe and is just having fun, she also enjoys things like swimming as a dolphin or racing across plains as a horse.

If she has seen it, she can shape herself like it, but the better she knows a creature the better she is at taking that form and the longer she can hold it. Also the better she knows a particular creature, the less she has to concentrate to hold her form. An entirely new shape with take almost total concentration to hold for more than a few seconds making her vulnerable while she is learning that shape.

Mundane abilities include being a good shot with a bow, excellent in the use of knives (she will always have one on her somewhere), and a decent cook and she enjoys sketching, storytelling, singing and both teaching others and learning new things.

Personality: Ly is many things, but the chief among them is curious. Her curiosity, and desire to learn, are traits her parents always encouraged, though they have tried to curb just how she fulfills that curiosity when her desire to know something might have put her at risk in some way. She's also know to be kind and generous and particularly good with children. Being, just barely, considered an adult among her own tribe she attempts to act with care and thoughtfulness, but is still young enough to also act rash and impulsively at times. She was raised not to be too trusting of outsiders but cannot help but to give everyone a chance until they prove themselves unworthy of her trust.

While she may seem frivolous at times, she also has both the patience and loyalty to make an excellent friend, or a frightening enemy.

Background: Ly was raised in a loving household that was only one of many in her tribe. The tribe itself was fairly mistrusting of others and had long ago separated itself, withdrawing up into the mountains where they could raise their young and grow in peace, avoiding most of the tumults of the outside world. They weren't so insular, however, as to stop any of their children from seeking their own adventures, or returning when they felt the need, and the entire clan really did raise the children. Ly considered all of the adults in her tribe to be extended Aunt's and Uncles and all the other children to be family of sorts as well.

For the most part it was an easy childhood. They ran and played as they wished and most of their learning was of a practical nature, learning to shift into the animals around them and running the forests as anything from small, squirrel-like mammals, to hunting with wolves or flying high with birds-of-prey. There was formal training of course, reading, writhing, basic mathematics, the history of their tribe (though this histories were an oral tradition and not written down) but even that was handled in a more informal manner and taught to each child as they showed an interest and not on a set timetable. They also learned weapons or crafts as they showed an interest or aptitude so while some of her friends were learning to handle a sword, she was shooting with a bow and learning to fight, two-handed, with daggers, and while others learned weaving or glassblowing, she spent time learning to sketch, cook, and tell the tales their tribe all loved.

The same curiosity she was famed for among her people however, is what would, ultimately, take her from her home. She simply had to see the rest of their world and, with her parents gifts and blessing, she set out on her own to see and learn and gather stories from outside their mountains. When she heard of an entire town that simply appeared out of nowhere, there was nothing for it but that she must travel there and see it for herself!

Over time she has discovered that she doesn't need much in the way of coin while she travels. Her gifts at song and storytelling will, usually, earn her enough in trade to more than pay for her room and board when she stops at an Inn and may even leave her with a few coins to spare. As her needs are actually very few (she prefers to travel light), and the poverty in some places amazes her, these few coins often find their way into the hands of the less fortunate of a town before she takes her leave of it. There will always be more towns ahead to earn more money if she needs it and nothing pulls at her heartstrings faster, or harder, than the sight of a hungry child.

Class: This is mostly unknown among her own people as everyone's needs are met and resources are shared; while travelling, she finds it easiest to identify herself as an informal Bard and her tribes singing and storytelling skills keep people from asking too many questions.

Religion: Nothing organized but her tribe has a deep reverence for the Earth and all her creatures.

Place of Birth: Mountain village where her tribe lives.

Inventory: While traveling she will have a bow and quiver and will carry a dagger in sheaths on each thigh (easily reached through slits in pockets of the robes she wears) as well as a small purse of coins, a pack with a couple changes of clothing, some small bits of food (though mostly she'll forage and hunt for herself, and flint for starting a fire. In a town she will usually rent a room, often paying for the rental by entertaining customers with stories in the common room and while her pack and bow might be left in the room, she is never without her knives.

Weapons: A bow and quiver, and two daggers are her near constant companions. She can handle a sword if one is thrust at her, but she doesn't excel in the use of one and it will never be a favorite weapon for her.

Misc: The ring and necklace her parents gave her are always on her as well and never get left no matter how nice the Inn she might stop in for the night.

Vergil1989

I'm hoping it will be good.  :D  With such extensively done profiles and the like it's looking quite promising.  The only thing you forgot or maybe I just didn't make it clear enough in the character sheet before, either way it's just that regardless if you're a human from the town or not, I'd prefer if you stuck something in your Class that relates to how you fight or whatever it is you do as well as how much money you might have or not.  Like are you a rogue, knight, etc.  Beyond that it's well put together Caela.

Caela

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 02, 2012, 11:24:30 PM
I'm hoping it will be good.  :D  With such extensively done profiles and the like it's looking quite promising.  The only thing you forgot or maybe I just didn't make it clear enough in the character sheet before, either way it's just that regardless if you're a human from the town or not, I'd prefer if you stuck something in your Class that relates to how you fight or whatever it is you do as well as how much money you might have or not.  Like are you a rogue, knight, etc.  Beyond that it's well put together Caela.

Sorry, guess I didn't make that clear enough. She would never have much money on her person. She earns her way as she travels by doing odd jobs or performing/storytelling at the Inns she stays at which would earn her some coin if people were generous but would never make her rich and between towns she hunt and forages for herself. Will do some tweaking on the profile. :)

Tweaked the bio and class a bit to cover the fact that she doesn't carry much coin, if any, at any given time and that her weapons training focused mostly on fighting, two-handed, with daggers.

TheHangedOne

Updated my sheet. Seems like Erik is going to be one hell of a cynical anti-hero.
Check out my poet tree!

Chreestafer

Is there still room for others to join in? I'm truly interested :)^
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Anon315

I believe so. So far we have:
Erik (Male, Human)
Annabella (Female, Human)
DJ (Male, Human)
Devin (Male, Human)
Alyra (Female, Shapeshifter)

So we're in need of more from the spooky side of things, methinks, as well as more females if we're hoping to keep a balance. Of course that's more for the GM's to answer whether they are seeking balance between the sexes as well as between the factions.

stargirl

Hi,
As I said before, I'm preparing my character and she will be a native elf Ranger. Só I guess it will help balance.

Chreestafer

Now is there a way I can be from the modern world but have some racial ties to the fantasy world? Like half elf or something?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

thesleepyrobot

Quote from: Chreestafer on October 03, 2012, 11:18:51 AM
Now is there a way I can be from the modern world but have some racial ties to the fantasy world? Like half elf or something?

I was also wondering about this. I was toying with the idea that my human character from the town finds out he has ancestors from the fantasy world. Or something like that.

Is it possible this town has shifted to the fantasy realm at other times in the past?

Vergil1989

Jecter can answer some of these as well but since he's not around I'll do the best I can.  Still they're good questions.  :D  No I do not believe the town has fallen into the other world before so unfortunately your request to be half elf or something similar might not work so well.  And yes I think we're going after a balance of both F/M on both sides of the line, so whether you're from the town or not just be sure we have a good equal number of guys to gals if you can.  :D

Actually Chreestafer, there might be a way to make it work.  Maybe not the whole town idea but if your ancestors or something passed through like the Bermuda Triangla or something like that they might have wound up there by accident and came back with a kid, lol.  Just a quick thought, take it or leave it.  :P  Seriously though that's the only thing that comes to mind at the moment but if you do decide to use it by all means knock yourself out.  And no worries Stargirl, I'm still working on my own profile and stuff so there's no rush yet.  We have until Friday to get things settled anyway and by then hopefully Jecter will have gotten his own stuff done.

Did I forget anything?

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

yesiroleplay

Character Images

Character Sheet
Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Ciara Pickrel

* Nicknames: Cee, Cee-Are

* Appearance: 
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 125 lbs.
- Hair Color/Style: Brunette, straight, shoulder-length
- Eye Color: brown
- Makeup: Usually minimal, but she might lay it on thick when up-dressing.
- Clothing: At work, a variety of skirt and top combinations, or the occasional business-casual dress.  At home she usually wears old jeans with tank tops or tees.  Scandalously short skirts with bare-midriff tops when going out.
- Jewelry: Pierced ears sporting rings in a variety of styles, always accessorized to her current outfit.  No finger rings.  Sometimes a clasp or broach when dressed for work.  A plethora of bling-style wristlets, necklaces, and earrings when going out.

* Race: Human Caucasian.

* Physical Abilities/Limitations: Ciara isn't either particularly bright nor all that dim.  Her grades in school consistently averaged around B-minus, and she was content with that.  Despite her mother's constant lectures telling how much she has to offer, how smart and funny and talented she is, and that she could do anything she wanted, she feels that her greatest strength is her looks.

She's pretty.  Maybe even exceptionally pretty.  She was included in every smart-phone, text, or internet poll the boys in her school held related to who was prettiest, who you'd most want to, who was hot-or-not, etc, etc.  She occasionally won these juvenile polls, but usually she lost to that blonde bimbo Maryanne Kelly or one of the other pretty girls in her school.

Defining yourself by your looks, and then not being the uncontested prettiest girl around is a formula for building insecurity.  And Ciara is full of insecurities.  She has doubts about everything she does and second-guesses herself every time events force her to make a decision.  She'd much rather let someone make those decisions for her.  She's not a leader, but she's a great follower.

She is in top physical condition from eight years of intensive gymnastics and cheer training, and from a summer spent in the physically challenging ROTC Basic Course.

Personality; Ciara wants to be needed, but she's afraid to be noticed.  She's outgoing, friendly enough to seem quite the tease, and insecure enough to put out to any guy with decent game. She hates herself after, particularly when the guy never calls again.

Put her in a group though, and she quickly assumes an identity as a part of something bigger than herself.  Be it the cheer squad, or her tactical squad in Basic, she fits in and assumes the values of her peers.

Background;  There is nothing at all exceptional about the Pickrel family.  Dennis is a wielder in the maintenance department at the biggest local employer, and Susan is a moderately successful real estate agent and housewife.  Their three children are equally unexceptional.

In high school Ciara took business classes like typing and computer use and accounting, not daring to risk developing creative skills or doing anything interesting.  She doesn't particularly care to be noticed, but when her best friend went out for cheerleading, Ciara slavishly followed her lead.

In cheer she found release from the ordinary - and the outfit became her facade. People weren't looking at her, weren't noticing her, they were noticing the uniform and the role she played.  And it wasn't like she was out there cheering alone - she was surrounded by her squad.  She loved cheer. And she was good at it.  She worked hard, trained hard, and performed brilliantly.  She wasn't the captain of the squad, wasn't the head cheerleader,  and in her own estimation she wasn't the prettiest girl in cheer.  Ciara was a girl that defined herself by her appearance, and she surrounded herself with girls she thought were better looking than herself.  If she ever considered therapy, the therapist might ask why she would sabotage  herself like that.  But therapy never once crossed her mind.

The one thing Ciara was really good at was... intensity.  She worked twice as hard as anyone else on the routines, and she was indisputably the most technically proficient girl on the squad.  Arguably, she was the most proficient girl in the conference. Those that think cheer isn't a sport don't know what they're talking about.  Cheer is brutally hard, more dangerous to the athletes than football, and most of all, under-appreciated.  Just like Ciara.  Safely anonymous as part of the squad and unnoticed while surrounded by the more beautiful girls, she felt like she belonged to something when she cheered.  She wanted to do it forever.  The best cheer school in the country was the University of Kentucky.  Only she wasn't from Kentucky and her working class family couldn't afford out-of-state tuition.  She had hopes for a cheerleading scholarship to UKY.  She got all the way to the final cuts before failing.

But she was an alternate, and locked for a place on the B-squad if only she could get admitted to UKY.  That's where her boyfriend Dave saved the day.  He mentioned ROTC, and how they paid for school on a full-ride.  She wasn't at all into military stuff and didn't know much about it.  But once she talked to the recruiter she found out that the Services weren't all about fighting and war.  Just about anything you wanted to do, you could do in uniform.

You could even be an Army Accountant. B's weren't the best grade. They weren't good enough for the Air Force, but they were good enough for the Army.  So Ciara signed up for Army ROTC at UKY, and she got in.

She spent the summer after graduation at ROTC Basic Camp, and got back home with a few weeks to relax before fall classes began. With nothing better to do, she works as a receptionist at a small office, where she mostly just sits around looking pretty, answers the phone, and makes the run for takeout when people work through their lunch.

* Class: Blue-collar working middle class.  In the fantasy realm she'd be the rogue/cat-burglar/acrobat. She's exceptionally lithe and flexible, and pound-for-pound stronger than most guys.

* Religion: Practicing if not devout Christian

* Place of Birth: (The Town)

Inventory;
  She's only home for a few weeks prior to going off to college.  Most of her things are packed up, either in storage over her parent's garage, or waiting to go with her to school. She lives out of suitcases in her own home, and has only a wallet, a cell phone, and occasionally the keys to her brother's car.

* Weapons: She has an army kay-bar knife, along with the rest of her TA50 gear in a duffel bag, but she hasn't opened the bag since leaving the Training Base.

* Misc;  She has no real personal mementos she's always with, though her grandmother was staunchly Catholic and Ciara inherited her St. Christopher.  She wears it when traveling.