Modern Town Gets Sucked into Fantasy World. (Likely Freeform.) (Need Males)

Started by Vergil1989, September 29, 2012, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Quote from: maniac on October 06, 2012, 03:44:56 PM
BTW Curvy, love your character.

Thank you Hun! I can't wait to play her, still have to work on my fantasy character. She is still forming in my head...evil plotting is in fact happening :P

yesiroleplay

Chaeronea

Damn, I'm trying to cut down on my roleplaying commitments and I find this. I'm really not happy :( 

Seriously, is there room for me to play another townsfolk male in this game? The character I've had in mind would be an adaptation of a character I've played several times before in several other RPGs - basically he's a child of a family with a history of service in the Marine Corps who has just graduated high school. Naturally he was looking to join the Corps when he was old enough, so his dad taught him things like camping, marksmanship, fieldcraft, etc, as part of the father-son bonding thing when he wasn't on deployment with the Marines. However he's spent the majority of his time with his civilian mother living off-base that he's not a fish out of water in civilian society. He's not trained up to the level of a proper Marine in combat skills, but he's pretty decent, and a lot better than the average civilian.

My question is, would it be all right for me to run a character like this? Or would I be treading on other characters' toes?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: CurvyKitten on October 07, 2012, 02:05:08 AM
Thank you Hun! I can't wait to play her, still have to work on my fantasy character. She is still forming in my head...evil plotting is in fact happening :P
Scary evil or sexy evil?  8-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

We do have at least one person that is military related but I don't see a problem having a second.  Go for it I say Chaeronea.  :D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Chreestafer

ill be editing up my profile soon but no toes wont be treaded on i say more military the merrier :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Anon315

One thing I would say, because I'm eternally watching this, is that we appear to have like... 6-7 males and 2-3 females. I'd have to actually go back and check, but it was 5-1 last time I literally counted.

Vergil1989

So, we need a few more breasts is what you're saying.  :D  Joking aside, I'll put an update in the title.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Vergil1989

Lol I didn't say it was a bad thing.  More breasts are always fun.  :D

Anon315

Okay, actually I'm wrong. (Oh my Lord, he admitted it.) I went back, and looked at the list, and we seem pretty even so far I think. The List:
Erik (Male, Human)
Annabella (Female, Human)
DJ (Male, Human)
Devin (Male, Human)
Alyra (Female, Shapeshifter)
Ciara (Female, Human)
Neria (Female, Elf)
Christopher (Male, Human)
Elisabeth (Female, Human)

Unless I missed anyone, that's actually 4:5 Males to Females, which seems odd because I swore there were way more guys. So... yeah. Males would actually probably be what we are lacking.

Vergil1989

We almost need more fantasy people if we want to balance that part out from the look of things.  But yeah, we need more dicks instead?  Sheesh, make up your mind there Anon lol.

Chreestafer

lol true dicks and boons are quite different lol, if needed i can make a fantasy character as well just let me know :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Vergil1989

It would help if anyone willing to make and play two characters at once, that way we have more of both so yeah, go ahead if you want Chrees.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 07, 2012, 07:12:24 AM
Scary evil or sexy evil?  8-)

sexy evil of course. hehe

sorry fighting the cold that seems to keep going back and forth between my roommates and myself. Working on her now. hehe

maniac

I look forward to seeing your evil sexy character. I'm sending mine to J right now for him to approve then I'll post them up!

CurvyKitten

Basic Attributes

* Given Name:
Runa

* Nicknames:
Mysterious one

* Appearance:
- Height:5'2''
- Weight:125
- Hair Color/Style: Long down to nearly her butt, soft waves. Black with deep red highlights.
- Eye Color: Golden
- Makeup:none
- Clothing: normally light easy to move in, form fitting so it doesn't get caught or impede her movement. Usually dark colors and a hood. Hood to cover her horns and her tail yucked or wrapped around her waist to hide it.
example
Example 2

- Jewelry:Necklace from her real father.

Physical traits from her Demonic heritage:
small horns, fangs, prehensile tail, golden eyes

* Race:
Tiefling

* Physical Abilities/Limitations:
Native Outsider, Darkvision, Skilled (particularly in bluffing and stealth), Spell-Like Ability: (Tieflings can use darkness), Fiendish Resistance (against cold,electricity, and fire), Prehensile Tail, graceful, athletic, gymnastics, dance, dexterity, linguistic, blind fight.
She isn't as strong as others so she bases her abilities on subtly, speed and agility. Has to fight the evil that comes from her blood, so she has been known to be quick to anger. And is in a constant struggle against her more unseemly instincts. One of her main limitations is the demonic traits she has from her father. The horns, the golden eyes, and her long pointed tail. So she has to try and keep herself hidden. It mainly why she became what few know as a shadow dancer.

Class:

Rouge/shadowdancer

Special Class abilities:
Shadow Illusion (though she has gained this skill and can only do small illusion at the moment. She is working on making this skill stronger.),Hide in Plain Sight, Survivalist,

Personality; 
Runa keeps to herself, stays to the shadows because they feel the safest. Most anyone that sees her instinctively thinks demon and reacts in fear. So she has learned to stay away from people, never staying put in one place long she has never really had a home. She doesn't even know who her mother and father are.

She doesn't trust many people, a few contacts she has made over her life. One of which is a half orc that crafts all of her weapons. An elderly blind cleric that has brought her back from the brink more than once. Runa seems a bit brash or what one would call a smart ass. But they are what she uses to keep people at bay. Simply making a joke when things get to be too much for her. She has been known to be quick to anger, the evil that came from her blood line making some choices much harder than it would be for most anyone else. She keeps herself in check through meditation, and a reminded of each truly evil act she has ever committed.

But Runa isn't all doom and gloom, when she is in her element or with someone she trusts. She is found to be witty and fun loving. Simply wanting to enjoy life and be part of something bigger then herself. Part of her one day wants a home, a family, a place to truly belong.

Background; 

Runa was born to a human woman, and a very old Incubus. One couldn't know why he had chosen the female when he did. What drew his eye, what caused him to finally breed instead of simply feeding on the woman? Did he truly love her despite his nature? Or did he simply want a child? No one got a chance to ask, as her mother died at birth. And before her father could come claim her she was stolen away. And hidden from him using his own amulet.

The evil wizard that stole her away having his own plans for the powerful blood that flood through her veins. When she was little Runa was kept as a slave, beaten and ground into submission at a very young age. Her blood used to make the wizard stronger over his many years. She still has nightmares of the daily blood lettings. He would use magic to silence her as he cut into her flesh and let her blood flow into his chalice. And anytime she rebelled or tried to run he would beat her senselessly. The scars one her body reminders of the punishment and torture he would put her through.

Years past and the young woman struggled to find ground. To find a sense of self and the path she should be on. Her body and mind always too tired to ever truly fight back against her Master or so he liked to call himself. But something within her finally bubbled up and snapped. Her master having grown far too confident in his power and control over her. The anger in her grew to a point of uncontrollable fury. And she struck out against him before he could even think to react. The very dagger he used in his magic and to cut into her flesh was what she grabbed. The blade simply grabbed from his alter. Her unheard steps came up behind him, and she slit the man's throat.

She remained there unmoving watching him die, his blood pouring out and pooling around her feet. No remorse or regret filled her stained soul. His final act was one meant to kill her. The release of power sending her flying and impaling her on a pike. And she would have died if it were for the blind cleric that came to her aid. He said his goddess and his sense guided him to her. He saved her live and secreted her away as the chaos of the masters death filtered through his home, and other slaves ran for the hills. He took with him the girl, the dagger in her hand clenched so tight he couldn't pry it from her hands. And the books he himself could not read, but he was told could not be left behind. Evil would use them to their advantage.

It took all the cleric had to keep Runa alive, and months after that to get her to even talk. He started to show her how to adjust to life on her own. How to enjoy the idea of true freedom and how to protect herself. With his help she hid away the books of her old master, sealing it with her blood. He used her blood to gain power, but now her blood would keep others from gaining that power.

As years past she traveled with the Aldric the catfolk Cleric. His village having been destroyed he spent his life traveling and helping people. He had spent enough time hating and avenging his family. Having lost his sight killing the man involved with his family's death. He taught her how to meditate, and to look beyond the anger and rage in her heart. To try and live for the good in life even if you have to try harder to see it. He also taught her a few skills most wouldn't think a holy man would have. The ability to survive with what some may see as unseemly talents. But sometimes you had to steal your food when you couldn't afford any. And who would question a cleric and his young shy charge? He was also the one to give her the name Runa. As her old master never wanted to give her one, thinking it would give her far to much a sense of self.

Along the way they met Borac a Half-Orc, a master weapon smith. Aldric thought it would be good for Runa to meet him. The older Orc having been shunned for what he was. Could understand and see why Runa was so shy. He tried to help her come out of her shell. Yes she may have to hide at times, but that never meant she had to think less of herself. Others may not be able to see it, but she was in fact an amazing young woman. Between the two of her older friends, Runa started to find a sense of self. Started down a path that would hopefully lead her to finding her one true purpose and place.

She spent years traveling with them till she was old enough to go out on her own. Fine tuning her skills, even learning from a guild she came upon once. Runa has become a rather accomplished rogue, he blood making her much more attuned to her chosen class. The shadows came to her aid, and helped her to hide in plain sight of those that would shun her. Today she still travels, and still keeps in contact with her two friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Socioeconomic Class/Standing

* Class: She has the monetary value to be high class, but due to what she is Runa remains low class and hidden away. She just does it comfortably.

* Religion: She prays to Mask, and unknown to those around she also prays to Selûne

* Place of Birth: Thay but that is unknown to her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventory; Studded leather, all weather cloak, backpack, bed roll, blanket, clothes, boots, rations, flint and steel, money, fishing hook, sunrods, healing potions, smoke sticks, weapons, thieves tools, flask, chalk, mirror, water-skin, pickpockets clothes, belt pouches, herbs, small ax, compass, spyglass, map, cut off hood, sashes, twine, fishing hook, needle thread, rope, soap,

* Weapons: Bow and arrow, daggers, short sword, bolas, caltrops

* Misc;  necklace from her father, ceremonial dagger from the wizard that held her captive. The most coveted spell books of her old master. Though she does not use the spells herself. Not wanting to tempt her darker side more then she has too.

Vergil1989

My town girl could do quite well, hanging with Runa here Curvy, if you're willing of course.  I had thought to make her a monk but after seeing her, I think giving Annabella a backbone would be a lot easier with your gal.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

maniac

maniac

Town Registry Information
Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Thayla At’lath

* Nicknames:  Thay, Trix

* Appearance: 
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 130lbs
- Hair Color/Style: Long Green
- Eye Color: Green
- Makeup: Little
- Clothing:  An elf made vest top showing off her cleavage. A tight pair of elf trousers, boots. She usually wears fingerless gloves and also wears a chainmail top and pants along with elven gauntlets.
- Jewelry: Two silver braclets and one ring from her father.

* Race: Elf

* Physical Abilities/Limitations:  A skilled archer and good swords woman. Thayla also has some magical abilities that she’s used to compliment her style. Mainly the ability to heal and also fire electric bolts. Thayla is an aggressive fighter when up close she prefers to wield dual swords.
Personality: Confident, curious and adventurous. She is keen to learn anything new and enjoys exploring. Thayla has had a few close calls with harpies and other winged creatuers. Her dream of flying occasionally leads her to investigate a little too close.
Background:
   Thayla was born to an elf ranger and elf mage. She grew up amongst her 3 other brothers and sister. Thayla was the first born and has always been captivated by her Fathers and mothers adventures that happened before she was born. She accompanied her mother on several excursions to find magical ingredients or research an interesting creature in the area. Thayla’s loves of adventure and innate curiosity lead her to tag along with her father more often as time passed. He trained her to be a ranger but also took Thayla around and introduced her to other communities such as human, dwarf, other elves, half elves etc. Thayla has assumed her role of eldest with a feeling of resignation. Thayla has looked after her younger siblings but at times she would have to put her adventure on hold or training in order to make sure her brother or sister were not getting into trouble.
Luckily Thayla wasn’t forced into any major battles but sadly she has had to help her ffather track down a crimal, trolls or goblins that have caused problems. Thayla learned her art of two handed sword fighting from a half-elf that lived nearby and had adventured quite a bit in the wider world. Instead of settling on a single sword Thayla found her aggressive style was best used trying to strike a blow at every time possible when getting in close.
   Thayla set off on her own a few months ago to do some in depth exploration. Trying to do more than just patrol their lands she wanted to see what other creatures she might be able to uncover and to do some adventuring and perhaps go to one of the nearby cities in order to see what the wider world has to offer. Her adventures so far have led her on a few close calls with slavers, harpies and a goblin. Luckily she has either slipped out or been able to defeat her foes. Still the young elf is continuing her exploration as she moves into a forest that she has yet to explore.

Socioeconomic Class/Standing: Daughter of a small obscure noble elf house.

* Class: Ranger

* Religion: Elvish beliefs

* Place of Birth: Town of T’lan’lo

Inventory;  Chainmail top and bottom. Elven bracers, Backpack, blanket (rolled up on top), cooking tools, small tent, flint, weapon repair kit, elvish religious symbol, a few scrolls, magic book, cloak.
* Weapons:
   -Elven Bow
   -Quiver
   -Elven Arrows
   -Elven Stiletto
   -Elf long sword (enchanted does fire/heat damage every strike) (runes lining the blade fuller)
   -Silver Sword

* Misc;  As of yet Thayla knows only a few spells well enough to cast. A lighting, and fire spell, in addition to a positive energy defense spell, she also knows 1 healing spell to heal herself and others.

maniac

Town Registry Information
Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Gwen Ashley Paxton

* Nicknames:  Ash

* Appearance: 
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 125lbs
- Hair Color/Style:  Blonde, long down to her waist usually hanging free.
- Eye Color: Red
- Makeup: Little
- Clothing: T-shirt, leather jacket, jeans, sneakers, also known to wear hoodies.
- Jewelry: bracelet, 2 goldene rings on her right index and ring finger

* Race: Caucasion

* Physical Abilities/Limitations:   A good marksman, who is also a good martial artist her father always wanted her to know how to defend herself. Gwen has known hand to hand weapon training and she is a terrible swimmer. She placed 3rd in the county shooting contest 2 years ago. Gwen is also a brown belt in Taekwondo. She was attending college for a chemistry and geology degree and has a scientific mind.

Personality;  A shy, yet bright and friendly girl. Gwen can be  at times a loner. yet, she recognizes that part of her personality and tries to avoid it. Gwen loves to be with her loved ones and friends.

Background; 
   Gwen was born in San Diego at the Naval Hospital, her father James is a retired United States Air Force officer. She is the first of two other siblings and grew up as a military ‘brat’. Gwen had to go through moves that most people never have to do. However, she managed to adapt with not to many problems moving from base and assignment to assignment. Her mother Brenda was is a business consultant. Growing up in a military family Gwen’s father was often absent but always caring. He always emphasized his children being able to defend themselves and being honest, good kids. Luckily she and her siblings stayed out of trouble for the most part, Gwen found it some what difficult to make friends and it pushed her to be a little bit of a loner given how many friends she has made then lost.
   Gwen has filled some of that void with exercise, martial arts, and stargazing. She’s become a good marksman though not an avid hunter. Her father would often take her out to shoot and play paintball, and after a while she learned to enjoy at least a few of the activities especially as it gave her a chance to spend time with her father. Gwen managed to get a scholarship to Tennessee University during her junior year at high school and even managed to take enough AP classes to eat into some of her college time. Despite a few freshman struggles Gwen chose chemistry as her main area of research, despite the occasional interesting lab mishaps. Gwen was staying over for summer break. She was getting ready to go back to college and her parents and sister were out of town running an errand when suddenly she found herself sucked into another world.

Socioeconomic Class/Standing: Middle class

* Class: Soldier

* Religion: Christianity (Lutheran)

* Place of Birth: Las Vegas, Nevada

Inventory: Cellphone, collapseable knife and ‘Gerber’ multi took, watch, hand held radio.

* Weapons: (Mostly her fathers)
- .40cal Pistol
-.45cal pistol
-M1A (3)
-AR-15 (2)
-Flintlock musket
-bayonet
-body armor

Vergil1989

I like your two gals here Maniac.  I'm sure Jecter will as well if you hadn't sent your stuff his way already.  Regardless, welcome to the team.  :D

CurvyKitten

Aww thank you all, I'm glad you all like Runa so much. I can't wait to get both my girls into play.

Vergil I'd love to work something out with your character. Runa may be hard to get to know at first. But that only adds to the fun.

That goes for anyone that wants to work out something with either of my girls. I perfectly open to plotting. Just send me a message.

Vergil1989

Considering that Annabella is afraid of people, especially men after what she went through, we have an equal bit of trouble it seems lol.  Still, as you said, that's just part of the fun.  :D