The Calimarian Prophecy (NC Group)(Interest thread)

Started by dapoet, September 08, 2012, 10:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapoet

Intro to the story:

The kingdom of Renaldi, in the land of Calimar, had known peace for generations. It was ruled by a kind generous man, known to most as 'Our Beloved Father', but his official title was and remains King Magnus I.

Born to Magnus were two sons, each of them hungry for power and eager to take what each of them believed to be their right. The throne of Renaldi. They will do whatever it takes to make their dreams and ambitions come to life. Whatever it takes.

Gabriel the older of the two, believes that he is the rightful heir as the oldest and as such cares little about frivolity. He believes, as does his father, that the people will love him no matter what.

Merlin, the younger son, is the consummate politician, in the eyes of the public, more charismatic than his brother, but perhaps, just perhaps, darker then anyone has ever known.

Enter the Royal Kingdom of Renaldi, We are waiting for you.

Hello, at the time this is being written there is not a group home for this story, this is simply a request for interest, and casting key roles in the story should others find it of interest.

The roles of Magnus, Merlin and Gabriel are taken, however there are plenty of other roles that will be available from their respective families, councils, travellers, renegades, resistance, the list goes on of possibles.

The setting is science fiction, steampunk and a bit of other things mixed in, hopefully that will appeal to a mass audience as it done hoping that it will feel like a little bit for everyone.

The specifics of the story can be discussed here if there are any questions or by PM if you prefer. The best way I can think to describe some of the dynamic would be the Tudors meet Game of Thrones. I also have plans to incorporate a space station at a future date once the other (basically the planet) is established. The space station will be housed by a governing body of some kind (think the Federation for Trekkies), but hasn't been used in years and is believed to be haunted.

Thank you in advance to any that read this and show interest

JinxedMinx

I am interested. Definitely.

What is the role of women in this society? Similar to the Tudor/GoT "a woman should know her place" attitude?

dapoet

For the most part it depends on the staus of the woman I think, if they are the Queen to Magnus, then they likely hold a fair amount of power, the daughters, sisters to Merlin and Gabriel would be lesser on that, their purpose would likely be to streghthen the standing of their house. Merlin and Gabriel each of their houses as well have households that probably complimant that sort of idea.

Outside of the royal family, the "regular" population would be more like would expect with the merchants wives, brothels, etc..

The resistance would be more of a military basis, there is also a prison setting as the planet started as a place where the unwanted went decades before, pirates, smugglers and the like.

I hope that helps.

persephone325

Very interesting. I like this and would enjoy being a part of it.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

dapoet

Hello and thank you to both of you!

I'll work on a bio sheet for this and you can work on bios for your charcaters. If you have any particular questions as far as what is or isn't going to be allowed..I am contemplating going Extreme with this, because of the possibility of a lot of different sorts in this. I would prefer that females stick to female roles and males stick to males..but that said, I won't judge a character soley on the writer. I have written with some very convincing female characters and the writer turned out to be a male, so it is possible of course.

As for characters, because there is a large base here for genres, pictures will be based on the group that they fall into. The Royalty, Nobility, Court etc.. will be Tudor in appearance, perhaps Borgia (it's pretty much the same..LOL), the scientific steampunk in appearance, the the rest can be just about anything. The have a high sex slave population as well, though they deny being a source for it. It is not uncommon for families to be ripped apart if a noble sees a woman that they desire.

You will probably notices that more and more of the background if presenting itself. I was waiting for people that are interested in the basic concept and then expand upon it as we go. You can write more than one character, and there will be multiple threads. We will be dealing with three kingdoms (Renaldi - Ruled by Magnus, then the other two are lands that he bestowed onto his sons to see who could be the wisest ruler to succeed him. Magnus is not one to simply say, your the oldest..it's yours by right. There is potential that the heir might nor even be a current royal, that is part of the prophecy.)

Then besides the kingdoms, there is the resistance, the prison/slave/miners camp etc, so as you see all in one thread would be difficult to keep straight I think. I do intend to keep the threads to a minimum though.

dapoet

Below is the character sheet. I hid it to keep space to a minimum

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Physical Description:

Name:

*Race:

Apparent Age (if different):

*Height:

*Build/Weight:

*Hair:

*Eyes:

Complexion:

*Identifying Marks (if present):

Clothing:

Personal Items usually carried:

Personal Information:

Home Planet:

Planet of Residence:

Birth Family:

Second Family:

*Personality:

*Skills and Abilities:

*Weapons Used:

Background Information:

*Marital Status:

*Children:

*Blood or Soul Bonds:

*History:

Misc Information:(Can be On's and Off's or those particular to this specific character)

Character Image:

JinxedMinx

Thanks you.

Now that I have a direction to take, I will consider the details.

dapoet

Quote from: JinxedMinx on September 09, 2012, 06:32:05 PM
Thanks you.

Now that I have a direction to take, I will consider the details.

Welcome. Also if there should be something on the bio that does not apply to a character, it can be removed. The Royals are all Calimarian, but the rest might be other things, something to consider, but otherwise it should be pretty straight-forward.

JinxedMinx

Can you tell me a little bit more about the character/nature of the brothers and their father?  It will help me hammer out the details of their sister and her relationships with them.

-Jinxed

dapoet

Quote from: JinxedMinx on September 11, 2012, 01:46:10 AM
Can you tell me a little bit more about the character/nature of the brothers and their father?  It will help me hammer out the details of their sister and her relationships with them.

-Jinxed

Sure. I have to work up their bios anyhow so I will just add all of that into it.

dapoet

Decided to post to this to bump it up to the top of the list, least in the hopes of finding more interested in participating. This is still a interest thread soley at this time.

Instead of doing the character sheet as I had spoke about, Jinxed, I am just going to briefly narrate how the three are, there will be a little of a coup, so the King will be less important, but that can change.

King Magnus, is a kind and generous man, some of that is due to his time on the throne and the fact than most of the people under him have known no other ruler so they have nothing to really compare him to. They refer to him as they do simply because he seems in their view as a father, though some have never actually seen him and others wonder if he exists at all. His highest advisor carries a lot of weight, a man by the name of Owen VonKrell, he is ruthless and while not entirely cold hearted would not mind marrying the princess to have a chance at the throne.

The two brothers are similar to their father in most respects, though they have never gotten along and would likely kill the other if they thought it would gain them any real advantage. One is much like VonKrell and would likely help him in his pursuits if it was in his favor to do so, but hides it behind a handsome face and a warm smile, that being the younger brother, who wouldn't hesitate to wed his sister if she'd have him. They allow that on Calimar by the way..only one case of a three headed baby..lol.

The older brother is a bit more like his father, but has little do do with court, he would rule if his father bestowed it on him and would likely rule in the same way as his father, but is not searching to do so. That doesn't mean that he could not be brought to war with his brother if it was called for to defend the family name or the people, but generally is a peaceful man that simply expects people to love because he is who he is. Which works to some degree and of course could lead to problems as well.