Anime Sliders - Interest Check

Started by SpiralSpider, July 19, 2012, 09:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

I would need someone to help me with the BESM type of system, I am unfamiliar with it and most systems that aren't third generation D&D.

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Vaulera on July 20, 2012, 02:56:01 PM
I would need someone to help me with the BESM type of system, I am unfamiliar with it and most systems that aren't third generation D&D.

Essentially, BESM D20 is very similar to 3rd Ed D&D with adjustments for the Anime-type themes.

Um... er... let me see if I can find a link with some info.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Vaulera

So it would play with similar elements, but are the checks similar?

SpiralSpider

Yes, ability scores are the same (Str, Dex, Con, etc...) and your saves are the same as well (Fort, Reflex, Wil)

Inari

I remember Sliders. I was a kid when it was on! >.<

Also I know some of what is on the list. :o

* Should we play ourselves? Or Characters? If characters, OC's or people from other storylines (cannons) or a mix?

I think we should use OC characters from other storys or made up just for this.

* System or no system? (We used Big Eye Small Mouth (BESM D20) last time)  - If no system, how should combat be handled?

I am not familiar with any systems in rps, (Unless you count the engines programmed into console games.) but I am willing to give it a shot, as this rp seems like it will be awesome.

* Which shows (or games, possibly) would you like to see in the list? How should we choose the order we visit them? Dice rolling? Voting?

Dice roll~

* Should sex be an element of this game?

I am not fussed. It if happens it happens, if not then not. Just as long it doesn't disrupt the flow of things.

* Should we open the worlds up to non-anime-style themes? Movies? TV shows?

I think it would shake things up and make things interesting.

Lumasan

You know you guys can always come to me for help with sliders. I have a vast working knowledge that I could help with from behind scenes. I can expand the list with these:

Naruto
Sailor Moon
Wedding Peach
BGC:Tokyo 2040, Bubblegum Crisis Bubblegum Crash
Noir
Tenchi Muyo universe
Rayearth Universe
Neo-ranga
Tokko
Sakura Wars TV
Simoun
Hell Girl
Silent Mobius (that would be bitchin)
Pokemon (dear lord too much knowledge)
Blue Sub 6

Any of these I have the complete series for. You can borrow these at any time (well not complete for pokemon, I have the orange islands and the kanto region, and movies, and manga) Some of them are dark and some of them are supremely goofy. Just giving you a list if you want to expand the list at all. And yes.... I like MAgical Girl anime... :/

ALSO COUNT ME IIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNUuh!
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

Muse

*laughs and spreads his hands.*  I'm harmless, really.  *smiles*  But thank you.  I hope that's can be a good thing.  :) 

I could maybe try to run for the Mai Hime universe--or Read or Die--but I keep pretty full with my own ideas without becoming primary GM for someone else.  I could certainly be an on call assistant. 

(I've seen all but the last episode or two of Last Exile.  Ah Megami-sama...  I wonder what we'd do there.  Argh, I'm so far behind in my anime!) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

SpiralSpider

For those of you who aren't familiar with BESM D20, Lumasan passed along this link for me: http://www.4shared.com/office/h3HMHohO/BESM_d20.html

You can download the core book there. Don't bother creating a character until we have more info figured out yet, though. (Like how we're handling character creation and what-not)

I'm going to update the master world list shortly and then come up with a post with everyone who said they'd possibly run a world for us. Thanks for the help, everyone!

Wheresmycow

I can GM in a pinch, but don't expect great results.  I'm the GM of last resort mostly.  So if you absolutely need one, I can help out, but if there are other volunteers, you'd be better off picking them.

As for anime I'm familiar with: almost everything listed so far.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

SpiralSpider

Okay....

Firstly - Master World list in the first post has been updated and expanded.

Secondly - It seems we may have Worshipping Master, Lumasan, avorae, myself, , Wheresmycow, Bloody Rose and/or Muse for potential GMs. (Please let me know if I'm wrong) If any of you could just pick up one or two worlds (particularly the ones the rest of us aren't familiar with) it would really help bring a lot of interest to the game.

I also think having multiple GMs might keep the game fair and balanced - as long as everyone realizes that whomever is GM of that particular world gets final say on what is in or out of character for a Cannon. (So... I won't complain if I don't get a lock of Sesshoumaru's hair, for instance - Cayden, Lumasan... you know what I'm talking about...)

This is what I'm hearing from everyone's answer's to the questions:

• Should we play ourselves? Or Characters? If characters, OC's or people from other storylines (cannons) or a mix?
    Looks like the overwhelming majority for this one vote Original Characters. - How's this sound - we all play (relatively normal) characters from our Earth (or a very similar one) that get drafted into being a supernatural task force of some sort?

• System or no system? (We used Big Eye Small Mouth (BESM D20) last time)  - If no system, how should combat be handled?
    System has the most votes, with BESM D20 being in the lead. - If anyone needs some help figuring stuff out, just let us know - but it is very similar to D&D 3.0/3.5 if you're familiar with that. If we do not use a system (and we might not for all interactions if they're not so important) then we can refer to a coin toss or just figure things out in roleplay for interest.

• How much combat would everyone like to see compared with character interaction? If enough people are for it, we can make it more fan service and fun than actual supernatural quest.
    I'm hearing that we want mostly interaction (50% or so) with other story elements (including combat and other encounters) mixed in for flavor and adventure.

• How should we choose the order we visit the worlds? Dice rolling? Voting?
    Random die rolling seems to take the cake.

• Should sex be an element of this game?
    What I'm hearing is a tentative yes? While it's not a deal-breaker. I'm going to ask that any erotic scenes take place in a private thread so as not to take too much time in the original game thread and not make people watch things they're not interested in. (I have a newbie who just joined the forums that I know IRL who will be interested in this game but no erotic elements, so I think this separation is win-win!)
  • Should we open the worlds up to non-anime-style themes? Movies? TV shows?
    Mostly, I'm hearing a "no" to this. But if anyone has a particular fandom they're interested in, put it up before everyone and we can vote on whether or not to include it.

Again, please let me know if I've gotten anything wrong.

Wheresmycow

My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

SpiralSpider

Inari

Looks good apart from the system, which I'd have to make an account to download. =/

avorae

Looks good to me save I actually said that I can act as a co-gm not as an actual GM though if absoluty neccessary I could try to GM.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

SpiralSpider

Quote from: avorae on July 22, 2012, 06:55:54 AM
Looks good to me save I actually said that I can act as a co-gm not as an actual GM though if absoluty neccessary I could try to GM.

All right, thanks!

Wheresmycow

So did we want to start discussing character ideas?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Syene

If you've still got space, I would be interested in playing, but not GMing. I have quite a bit of experience with BESM d20 and enough with anime to get most of the tropes.

If you want a free, legal version of the book, search for "Anime d20 srd." I saw some HTML and PDF versions that shouldn't need a login.
[tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Vaulera

So, i'm reading BESM and it looks familiar, but I haven't played D&D with the guys in god damned ages. (I was the only girl there).  I'm confused as to how we're supposed to generate the ability scores though, is it the classic roll D20s and assign the stats to different areas or is it more character thematic? Also, what sort of skills will we be using if we actually have a roleplay based around these specific worlds? I think a class based system that uses different things would make the most sense really, most use the convenientum method, like chakra or spirit energy or mana, some x-factor element that you use to cast.

Wheresmycow

I think ability scores are generated through point buy.  Skills probably stay the same, but are probably given extra utility depending on the world.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

SpiralSpider

Master always had us roll stats. I'll ask him what he prefers since he'll likely be GMing a good chunk of the worlds while I could only do 2 at best.

Focslain

Like to drop my hat into this as well, I can get my hands on the BESM D20 (Actually have the book for it).

For the questions I'd like to make original characters and if possible to say a bit out of canon for the series. Everything else I'm good for.

AgentCooper

I'm all up for being apart of this game. I'd be fine with either Master running or you or all of us (a party pick-n-mix of GM styles!). I'd not be playing myself, at least not directly. I role play to escape myself (at least physically), so playing myself self insertion style isn't happening. As for the system, as long as it isn't FATAL, D&D 4th Ed., Exalted or D20 Modern, I'm good. I'm not a fan of BESM, but I'm not entirely against it.

As for sex and combat, those are usually best handled organically (in my opinion), IE, if the come up, they come up. Handle them like the adults we are.

Oh, and I'd looooooove to go to some non-anime worlds, just shake things up. Maybe hit some video game worlds, swing by a few comic book universes. Maybe pull a brutally violent drive by on the entirety of the 'Twilight' universe. With bombs. And Napalm. And cannons.

OK, I think I took that to a place. Sorry 'bout that.

As for the Master List...
Ah My Goddess (slightly familiar with the manga)
Ai Yori Aoshi (never heard of it. Also, do what now?)
Bleach (ALL OF MY HATE. TWILIGHT LEVELS OF HATE)
Blue Sub 6 (never heard of this one)
Brisco Count, Jr. (nope, not this one either)
Bubblegum Crisis (Vague memories of this one)
Fullmetal Alchemist (My love bus has made many stops here. If we go there, I will be all of the happy)
Hell Girl (I have seen the first episode. It seemed pretty good)
Ikki Tousen (*facepalm* I wish I didn't know this exists)
Last Exile (I want to see this)
Kino's Journey (LOVE. Also, SAD AS FUCK)
My Hime (read it, never watched it)
Naruto (*descends into fit of cruel, cruel giggles* Oh man. Yeah, I don't care for Naruto. It's better than Bleach. That is as complimentary as I will get)
Neo-Raga (Um, what?)
Noir (nope!)
Pokemon (HaTe)
Rayearth (We. Must. Go. Here. Also, I've read this all of this)
Read or Die (read the 4 volume manga and watched the TV movie. All of the awesome)
Sailor Moon (I've seen 2 eps of the original US version. It made me hurt)
Sakura Wars TV (YES YES YES)
Samurai Champloo (Flawless victory)
Sekirei (I've only seen one ep, but I LOVED it)
Silent Mobius (...no. Sorry)
Simoun (THe only Simon I know, is a Belmont)
Tenchi Muyo (I know, but I am the only human on earth who doesn't like it)
Tenjou Tenge (Saw it. LOATHED IT)
Tokko (I have not seen this)
Wedding Peach (...no...)
Witchblade (As a fan of the original american comic this is based on let me say this: *coughs* FUCK THIS SHOW)
Wolfs Rain (Wonderfully beautiful and oh, so sad)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (OMFG, so goofy, but so great)
Yu Yu Hakusho (YES. ALL OF MY YES)
I don't have time for metaphors. I'm too busy being one.

Genbu83

Pretty cool. I hope this is up and running.

OutlawHarlot

Hiya!

If there's still room I'd love to join!  I don't have much experience with the system you're considering to use but I'm a quick study.  I LOVE anime and think I can contribute and have fun!  It's been a long time sense I've been a GM but I'm willing to for some of the anime if anyone's interested or we run out of them.  I know quite a few very well and would be happy to help keep the environments going.  As for the questions...:

Should we play ourselves? Or Characters? If characters, OC's or people from other storylines (cannons) or a mix?
-I like the idea of having our own original characters but... if I were to add my opinion I think we should all just get sucked in at random.  Task force implies we were prepared for this or knew what to expect but I think it'd be more fun if we're all confused and didn't know each other beforehand. 

System or no system? (We used Big Eye Small Mouth (BESM D20) last time)  - If no system, how should combat be handled?
-I'm a quick study so whatever system the majority wants is fine by me.  Though I am for having a system to make combat a bit more fair.

How much combat would everyone like to see compared with character interaction? If enough people are for it, we can make it more fan service and fun than actual supernatural quest.
-I think combat should in part be based on the anime...for example fighting animes should have more fighting while others have more character interactions and the like.

How should we choose the order we visit the worlds? Dice rolling? Voting?

-Random sounds good, though I'd make it possible to add more anime as people think about them or join or become willing to GM once they get the hang of things.

Should sex be an element of this game?
-I'm all for sex in this.  After all who wouldn't want to get their hands on some of the anime hotties?  But I also think this is a good enough idea where it doesn't need it and of course sex can always be taken elsewhere for viewers choice. 

Should we open the worlds up to non-anime-style themes? Movies? TV shows?
-That's tough, there are some other great varieties of stories out there that would be fun to explore but... for now I think we should stick to anime.

Anywho, I've seen a few different anime lists here so I'll try not to repeat but some of the ones I know are:

Air Gear
Angel Beats
Broken Blade
Black Cat
Chrome Shelled Regios
Chrono Crusade
Deadman Wonderland
Durarara
Elemental Gelade
Freezing
Guren Lagan
Negima
Rave Master
Sadumistu the destroyer
Dual!
and many more that I can't think of right now cause it's late and I'm too lazy to go look at my list lol but you get the idea!

In any case, I think this is an awesome idea and hope it gets started!  Keep me posted!
Being with me is like having sex while camping...it's f*cking intense!  He he, always looking for new partners!
Oh and I made an O&O page here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154282.0
And a rp request board here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159209.0
"Oh no! A tentacle monster, and here I am in this short skirt...whatever will happen next?"

apygoos

id be up for this if its still inthe interest pool