Of Earth, Water, Fire and Air( NON-CON, still recruiting!!!)

Started by bubby, May 07, 2012, 12:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

minerva7790

Name: Syrena Chang
Physical Description:

Red wavy hair frames her pale face. Her eyes are a bright blue that some may find startling at first glance. Syrena has a petite frame, with a height of 5'3".
Affiliation/Title: Water elemental/ "That girl"/ "That bastard child"
History: Syrena is the result of a young lord's drunken mistake. Her mother, Lanoa, had never kept this a secret from her. She would tell of how Jarvis, the son of Earl Hwang, and his men had returned from a fruitful hunting trip. They had a rowdy party with much feasting and drinking. Lanoa had been a young maid in the household then. After the party, as Lanoa was washing the dishes, Jarvis summoned her to his chambers. When it became apparent that Lanoa was pregnant with Jarvis' child, Earl Hwang sent her to live in a small village far from his estate, together with yearly remittance for the upkeep of herself and the child.

Syrena grew up never caring that she did not know her father personally. To her, a mother was enough. She could not be bothered with a man who would rather cover his mistake than acknowledge it. Blessed with the Earl's money, Lanoa doted on her daughter and gave her everything she needed and wanted: a good education, pretty dresses, and plenty of love. She also taught Syrena how to dance and play the flute. Rumours flew around the village about Syrena's supposed father. This was, at one time, the most common topic of discussion in the marketplaces every morning and the inns every night. To repay the Earl for the kindness he had shown her throughout her time working in his household, Lanoa never revealed the identity of Syrena's father to the villagers.

This was the environment in which Syrena grew up. Everywhere she went, whispers followed her. Some of the children in the village were ordered by their mothers to have nothing to do with the blue-eyed child. Others simply stared when she was near. Syrena ignored them the best she could and avoided going out of doors as much as possible. With Earl Hwang's funding, Lanoa could afford a private tutor for Syrena, but there was nothing that could be done to overcome Syrena's social awkwardness.
Strengths: Syrena is intelligent and inquisitive. She has benefited much from having a wise tutor. Learning dance also meant that Syrena has an agile and flexible body. She is mostly mild-tempered and slow to anger, but she will not hesitate to protect the people and things she cares about.
Weaknesses: Syrena heavily lacks social skills, having never made friends or interacted much with anyone who wasn't her mother or her private tutor. One meeting her for the first time may think her aloof, simply because she does not smile much. Having stayed at home most of her short life, Syrena is also way too naive for her own good.
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

bubby

Looks good Minerva. Go ahead and add it to the character thread, and be sure and bookmark the OOC thread as it has related game links on the first page.

I'm still in need of Air and Water Mentors, as well as more Rebels I think...

....and more Hunters...  >:)

Veluux

I am interested in the Air Mentor role.

Demi's character looks like a fun and challenging project, and I do love challenges.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

bubby

Quote from: Veluux on May 13, 2012, 06:12:21 PM
I am interested in the Air Mentor role.

Demi's character looks like a fun and challenging project, and I do love challenges.

Hell....you're in just because of the avi you chose...*Gets lost in staring*....mmmmmmmmmm..OH! I mean... Yes! Welcome to the game then!

There is a char sheet template somewhere on this thread, or you could just copy another. Go ahead and make up a character and I'll take a gander!

Veluux

I was thinking of taking a hunter role and defecting to become the Air Mentor after being sent to assassinate her and being charmed by her wit. Would that be possible? It might help explain why the heroes are able to evade and defeat the other hunters to stay out of the queen's grasp.

bubby

Hhmmm....though it sounds good...it wouldn't work in essence.

As a Mentor you have to have some -knowledge- of the Element, though not the Power itself. And trust me, the Queen would know if one of her Hunters had that in him.

Veluux

Alright, that's okay; I am full of ideas. Thanks for the quick response. I'll get to work on a character sheet.  ;)

bubby

Wolfy

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

bubby

minerva7790

*sits on the shelf looking all forlorn and waiting for her mentor* Meow...
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

bubby

Quote from: minerva7790 on May 13, 2012, 07:34:19 PM
*sits on the shelf looking all forlorn and waiting for her mentor* Meow...

Might have someone for you hun...I'm trying!

DudelRok

Name: Cicil Larken

Physical Description: Cicil is a tall skeleton like man, with deep dark eyes and statue frame to match. His skull and body lacking in depth, making him look like a tree or stick as he walks and moves. Fluid like the willow, strong like the oak. His eyes are black, almost soulless in their appearance, doll-like. He expresses almost no emotion, despite his otherwise positive outlook. A smile is something not rare but almost unseen as the arch of his mouth tends to stay still even as his lips open and close to say words. Hair upon his head long and white, a speckle of fur about his face. Aged, and slow in his movements as he goes about his daily work. Wrinkles upon his face and hands show a life of work, calluses built up, and dirt under the finger nails.

Cloths are a simple thing of cotton, rough and coarse in their making and design. It is as though someone unskilled, yet determined, had spent days and days on their making. Even his shoes are that of cotton like slippers, made from what seems scraps of what was left from his clothes. A cloak, for protection and warmth, is patched together from old and tattered scraps, mostly of hide and fur found that has been left for nothing by others.

Posture is tall, and while fingers may seem long (and may frighten children who do not know better), the calm actions and behavior of Cicil is never threatening. Appearance quite opposite his actions. Many have thought Cicil homeless, looking as he does, where as the world is Cicil's home.

Affiliation/Title: Water Mentor / Traveling Trader (Herbs and Spices)

History: The world was always a very bright and green place for Cicil. Traveling the lands in search of plants, and their special properties. Making remedies, selling seeds and teaching those who buy how the plants work. Warning others of dangers the wilds hold, and dangers usually of man's design in effort to capture, tame and kill the beasts within.

Pacifist teachings taught to him at a young age by monks who have sent him on a journey to learn of the land, Cicil has traveled since he was the young age of 15. (Cicil is now 82.) That pacifism of Cicil's did not always go over well. While Cicil would not fight others, he has deflected or blocked, as well as healed from, those who have wanted to alter his views, who wanted to destroy the idea of Mann, or who have questioned his oaths taken by means of violence. (One of such oaths being celibacy, though Cicil seems devoid of connecting with individuals on certain levels anyway.)

To many, and even Cicil himself, the man Cicil has become is but a ghost who travels through places. Accepted with hesitation, or fear, but quickly forgotten. On occasion a companion will follow with Cicil to the following town, or Provence, or Kingdom. These friendships do not last long, as Cicil must keep moving, must continue his journey. Ultimate goal, the enlightenment of strength within one. Who? Cicil does not know. The scripts are vague. Despite the fact Cicil knows such things could very well be fantasy, the faith he holds is strong. Mann, the deity who guides the Order in which Cicil comes from, has spoken of it.

It is now that Cicil finds himself traveling to a small village within The Estovad Seaside. It is here that Cicil's path to returning home will begin. Though, he is unaware. Simply strolling into town with a pack on his back, and a calm pace to his breathing. The hopes of meeting new people, learning new cultures, and gaining more knowledge high.

Strengths: Wisdom of the world, knowledge on a great many things, especially the powers of plants. Calm mind and an acceptance to culture, people, and animal. Strong and able to perform nearly all common work. (Though far from a warrior's strength.) Basically herbalism, knowledge, and an open mind.

Weaknesses: Too trusting. May hold doubt in what someone says, but will believe them until he's seen for himself. (Extreme examples not withstanding.) Lacks ability to bond with people on an emotional level. Has no desire for friendship, or relationships of any kind. Has trouble identifying with people. Long winded. (And BOY is he ever long winded.)

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

bubby

Adonis

Wait, what? His sheet says "wind mentor"... I thought minnerva was water? Also thought that Veluux was taking air mentor?

*SO CONFUSED*
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

DudelRok

Quote from: Adonis on May 13, 2012, 08:07:53 PM
Wait, what? His sheet says "wind mentor"... I thought minnerva was water? Also thought that Veluux was taking air mentor?

*SO CONFUSED*

Yeah, yeah... I meant Water. It's already been fixed.

I AM THE RETURN!

bubby

Demi

Updated 11/26/2017!
Attempting to make a return from hiatus.
Current Games

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

bubby

Quote from: Demi on May 13, 2012, 08:13:41 PM
-blinks- So . . . We're just waiting for my mentor, now?

Yes hun...hopefully it's Veluux...*tries to tear her eyes away from Veluux's avi*

Quote from: Adonis on May 13, 2012, 08:14:03 PM
I didn't do anything wrong... *sniffles*

I just swat/spank for good measure. Cuz I can.  >:)

Demi

Quote from: bubby on May 13, 2012, 08:17:07 PM
I just swat/spank for good measure. Cuz I can.  >:)

And we all know how much fun it is to swat/spank Adonis. -winks-
Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

Demi

Updated 11/26/2017!
Current Games