Of Earth, Water, Fire and Air( NON-CON, still recruiting!!!)

Started by bubby, May 07, 2012, 12:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

The Queen has ruled for 200 years, with blood and magic. She has the Power to control ALL the elements, but her corruption of nature and spirit has brought the Land to begin to die. Her armies are vast and ruthless. When she should be using her Power to help the land, she takes it into herself to make herself stronger. Once a year she goes to a secret place to perform a ritual with the One she trusts most.

The Queen has spies and assassins everywhere, and has systematically killed anyone she has heard of with any inkling towards elemental powers. But somehow four people managed to slip under her radar. Four hero's the Prophecies have told about to be those that came together to defeat the Queen and bring the Land back to its former glory.

The Plains of Tiskele (Air)                                                                                       The Mountains and Forests of Sayamir (Earth)

The Estovad Seaside (Water)                                                                                                    The Volcanic Region of Jurad (Fire)

Characters Needed:
(The Queen will be played by me)

The Elementals: Fire (male) - Shade
                              Earth (male) - Wolfy
                              Air (female) - LadyLunarius
                              Water (female) - Savant of the Wastes

Elemental 'Mentors':(One for each Elemental)It has come to my attention ( *eyes a certain someone who's helped her TONS* ) that my Mentor idea is a bit too open ended, so I'm narrowing it down a bit. Mentors will be either hedge witches or warlocks, the idea being they will be old enough to know of the Prophecy, and being of such affiliation more likely to have had it passed down through the years. JUST REMEMBER: Though you may be a witch/warlock, your powers will be MINIMAL. Hence 'hedge'. As a Mentor you will NOT have the Power of the Element you choose, but you will have knowledge needed for training. FILLED  Fire's Mentor - midnight diamond
                                                                                     Earth's Mentor - Lady Lunarius
                                                                                     Water's Mentor - DudelRok
                                                                                     Air's Mentor - Veluux

Queens People: Army General - JDrewSpider
                               Assassins/Hunters (those sent by the Queen to kill the Hero's) - Kokaine
                                                                                                                                     Veluux

Queens Right Hand (male, very special to the Queen) - PeaceThatPowerBrings

Rebels: Rebel Leader/General - Ellipsis
                  Rebel followers - Shade
                                             Jecter

Other character ideas welcome!

To begin the story, each Elemental will come into their Powers on their 18th birthday. They will not know they have the Power until an event (up to player) causes them to use their Element simply by instinct. Then their Mentor will take over 'training'. Each Elemental will be in a separate part of the Kingdom, having grown up in different environments. The goal is to all meet up with the Rebels, who end up being the Hero's army, and eventually make it to the Queen City for the final battle. Their travels will be fraught with danger, and defeating the Queen will not be easy. This will be a FREE-FORM medieval style game, horses and swords and the like.

This is just an interest check for right now.I will expand on the story idea more (Kingdom name, city names, Rebel base, and the such) if enough interest is garnered. GAME HAS BEGUN BUT RECRUITMENT STILL GOES ON.  I plan on this being a Sandbox style game, though as GM I will toss ideas out as they come to me during play. This requires the players to interact on their own and move the story along on their own -for the most part-. I expect players to understand that god-moding will not be tolerated, but I want players willing to have their characters take damage! No characters will die unless they choose to. No Elemental will die period.
I am a bit picky when it comes to post length. I expect players to put effort into their posts, and be descriptive. By no means do they need to be a book, but at least a couple paragraphs per post is expected. This WILL NOT be a fast paced game. (This does not mean I'm okay with someone not posting for 2 weeks with no word as to what's up. PM's are good!) I personally can't really post more then once a week, and that's if my muse isn't being a bitch. I don't expect any more from those involved. If it does move faster between other players that's fine.
Once enough interest with enough possible players has been generated, I will make a char sheet template, and will ask for character ideas to be PM'd to me, where I will pick through applicants. POST CHAR SHEETS HERE FOR ACCEPTANCE!

I hope this is enough to spark muses!!

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Demi

Ooooooh . . . Any chance I can call dibs on that Air elemental? ;)
Updated 11/26/2017!
Attempting to make a return from hiatus.
Current Games

bubby

You bet!

Fire - Adonis
Air - Demi

I will note I'm giving them to you guys because I have seen your writing and like your style and you already meet the requirements! BOOM!

Adonis

Wait... I know how to write? Da hell did this happen?
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

PeacethatPowerbrings

Well I'm totally interested. Especially in the Queen's Right Hand.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Demi

Quote from: bubby on May 07, 2012, 12:18:02 AM
You bet!

Fire - Adonis
Air - Demi

I will note I'm giving them to you guys because I have seen your writing and like your style and you already meet the requirements! BOOM!

You are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G bubby! <3 -does a little happy dance around the room-
Updated 11/26/2017!
Attempting to make a return from hiatus.
Current Games

Wolfy

I'd be interested in water or earth.

But I must wonder, can they also create their element, or simply control it?

For example, the Earth user....if he's locked up in an iron cage, or dropped out of the sky, can he still summon earth to control, or does he have to be near the element to control it?

JDrew Spider

I would love to be an assassin/hunter! *check mate!*
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

minerva7790

Sounds interesting! I'd like to have water if Wolfy doesn't. Err, do I have to show a writing sample?

And while I'm at it, will the Water Elemental be able to control ice too? Or just water?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

bubby

Wolfy & Minerva - Earth must be male, and water must be female, so there ya go. As for writing sample, as long as you read my blurb about post length and content, we should be just fine! If either of you would like to PM me a writing sample link I'd be good with that.

Controlling your element: Water: I'm going to say -only- water control, not ice. Earth: I will say for now you must be near your element for control.
When all 4 Hero's eventually come together, they will need to work together, so, for example if there is ice, Fire would be able to melt it to allow Water control. Also, I will allow a slow progression of Power strength. You will start rather mundane, and as game goes on, you can increase in strength/ability (which can allow for 'summoning').

Just always remember, that in the game the Queen has utter and complete control of all Elements, along with Spirit, and will be more powerful then the Hero's for awhile. Expect ass kicking for awhile!  >:)

JDrew: Hunter it is!

Peace: I'll PM you with some questions!

TheHangedOne

Aww, Earth and Fire got snagged. I might want to play a rebel fighter nonetheless, though.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

RampantDesires

I would be up for playing a scary oracle/witch mentory type for one of the brave heroes :) Or even a rebel fighter.  Perhaps both since they'll both be supporting characters? At any rate it sounds like an amazing amount of fun! What level of technology is there going to be in the world? Kind of a repressed feudal classical fantasy system? Something vaguely steampunk? *has no preference here is simply curious!*

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

bubby

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 07, 2012, 05:10:51 PM
Aww, Earth and Fire got snagged. I might want to play a rebel fighter nonetheless, though.

You know you are -always- welcome darlin'! *Hugs*

Quote from: RampantDesires on May 07, 2012, 06:50:59 PM
I would be up for playing a scary oracle/witch mentory type for one of the brave heroes :) Or even a rebel fighter.  Perhaps both since they'll both be supporting characters? At any rate it sounds like an amazing amount of fun! What level of technology is there going to be in the world? Kind of a repressed feudal classical fantasy system? Something vaguely steampunk? *has no preference here is simply curious!*

You are MORE then welcome to play a Mentor! Just know that as Mentor you will have known your Elemental since they were born, so if you choose the 'witch' route, you will need to have been like the village witch. Part of the Rebels works as well of course! I suggest you PM the one playing the Element you're most interested in (since you'll be responsible for 'training').

There is -no- technology in this game. Medieval all the way, swords, magic, horses for transport.

My first post has been modified to note who has been chosen so far for positions. I'll wait for confirmation from Wolfy and RampantDesires and HangedMan before posting their names. Still in need of Mentors, as well as Rebels! Spread the word around to those you write with gang, and see if any are interested!

JDrew Spider

*rubs hands together* I'm excited I have the perfect character for this..

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

It has come to my attention ( *eyes a certain someone who's helped her TONS* ) that my Mentor idea is a bit too open ended, so I'm narrowing it down a bit. Mentors will be either hedge witches or warlocks, the idea being they will be old enough to know of the Prophecy, and being of such affiliation more likely to have had it passed down through the years. JUST REMEMBER: Though you may be a witch/warlock, your powers will be MINIMAL. Hence 'hedge'. As a Mentor you will NOT have the Power of the Element you choose, but you will have knowledge needed for training.

Also, we have enough people so far to start making char sheets I believe, so here's the template, and go ahead and post them here. I'll peruse them and let people know if they work or need to be tweaked. If using a pic, NO ANIME please. Real or art is fine. ALSO: I've modified my first post again with some land pics, still trying to find a good volcanic area one....for Fire.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Affiliation/Title:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

midnight diamond

JDrew Spider

Name: Khalel
Physical Description: -->
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Affiliation/Title:  Queen's Hunter/Warrior
History: They say legends and myths hold some truth to them. Khalel was born to a nomadic tribe that revered great serpents (some may be human descendants of the great reptiles). Though reptilian behemoths were believed to have left his homeland some time ago they are still praised. It was natural for young boys in his tribe to learn the skill of the hunter at an early age. By the time he had hit puberty he could wield many fine and broad swords, bows and various other weapons. He had a natural skill for hunting and tracking in any region whether it be earth or sky.

The reign of the Queen had been known to his people and so was her ill reputation.  During  the time of many warring eras his people had been scattered to the winds by the Queens army, but that didn't stop him from retaliating. The General of that army was impressed with the young man's fighting spirit and  he offered him promise and position amongst the Queens army. He agreed to serve in the Queens army, using his exceptional skills to carry out orders, desiring one day to lead at the head of army himself.

Strengths: <besides being really good looking?> Superb hearing, keen senses, quick and agile. His favorite weapon is the long sword because he's very skilled with it in battle
Weaknesses:He's just as susceptible to injury as any ordinary man. If you cut him he'll bleed. He hates the cold.

<Let me know if this is okay. I might add more. :)>

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

OoOOoo...JDrew...I LOVE him!!!

Just so you know, if I don't get anyone for the Queens General, we can always play it out that Khalel eventually gets the job. He can still be a Hunter too.

He's sexeh...

TheHangedOne

So, wait, looking at your opening post, bubby, is the Earth chosen one slot still available?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

JDrew Spider

Quote from: bubby on May 09, 2012, 02:40:42 AM
OoOOoo...JDrew...I LOVE him!!!

Just so you know, if I don't get anyone for the Queens General, we can always play it out that Khalel eventually gets the job. He can still be a Hunter too.

He's sexeh...

;D Sounds good to me! I'm very good at giving orders and there's plenty more where he came from.

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

I'll PM Wolfy and see if he still wants it Hanged, and I'll let you know!

Shade

Darn, looks like I'm too late to be one of the elementals. I do have some interest in being a member of the rebellion though.

bubby

Welcome Shade! Part of the rebels would be great. The more opposition for my Queen the better.  >:) You're welcome to put up a char sheet if you'd like!

.....which reminds me..I should do that too....  ::)

bubby

Update: Wolfy has made his definite bid for Earth, Hanged. Sorry! But you are still more then welcome to make a different char!

And midnight diamond has claimed the spot of Fire's Mentor!

YAY to everyone who's willing to try my idea, and go ahead and posts char sheets here when you can! I'm giving things to at LEAST this weekend, if not a bit longer, as people are busy, and my work is being a bitch this week as well.