A (sorta) open world fantasy game (still accepting)

Started by Galanthor, September 15, 2010, 04:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galanthor

First even if i start the rp I won't shape this world as much as you do. My charakter won't be the leader but i merely expect that it actually happens as in every comunity. One person gathers the most respect and such others may follow, or even fights for leadership are thinkable.

Every race is welcome, will keep a list here whenever people tell me to add one. The first to tell me to add a certain race gets to choose the way they are ruled...for example: "Add elves ruled by a counsil" "Add orc tribes ruled by shamans" The word tribe is important as it marks that this race will be unorganized as a whole. However if you just say "Add elves", they won't rule themselves, but merely live in kingdoms that welcome every kind. Actually you can even choose entire racial behavior just by telling me.

I will provide a map for you people later on (When races are sure, and the), so you'll be able to navigate yourselfs through the world, without any help. (Ok maybe the help that you hear of ambushs or something). Which brings me to an important point: You are all wellcome to write in your own NPC leading the group to something, your own enemies, and of course your own wildlife.

I won't ristrict you in any kind, as long as it's not something that minimizes the fun for others. You can generate as much charakters as you like, i don't care if the group might become an army. Though you should know that your charakter will be able to die and if he acts stupid he might do so, even if you don't like it, in this case just make a new one.

All religions you can imagine are there as well, even if it has just one follower it will exist...won't list them though and you might never know which one is actually right

Well...think that's all at first, remember, i'll take any input, if you want anything added like ruins of a former race or flying armadillos i'll add it.

Races

Nymphs

Basically your always hot and sexy free spirited female forest spirits (agelessly beautiful with forest colorations that are human sized) that reproduce by pollinating each other (not to mention playing with other races and even animals they like). Not the best fighters they have powerful magics keeping beasts (magically enhanced and groomed - think a wolf as big as an ogre or very smart flocks of hunting hawks) for various uses and the powers of the forests as a weapon. Tend to be naked but will wear strategically worn vines and flowers for modesty when needed. They tend to trade for few things but are excellent herbalists, makers of healing ointmnts/salves/potions and have well protected trade roads which they exact modest taxes. They are led by a Queen and local Forest Warders (mayors).  They don't physically age once they reach adulthood roughly 18-24 years old but are not immortal at the age of 200 or so they will rejoin the forests dying but leaving new life around them as their spirits go to the Great Forest in Paradise. Their power and experience determines leadership and the wishes of their Ancestor Spirits and the Great Numph of Paradise.

High Elves

The High Elves are an ancient race, hardly ever seen within the world, always keeping to themselves. They dislike anyone entering their domain and usually haunt them or scare them as ghosts. Many people believe that the High Elves died out a long time ago. They are ruled by a king and a queen, usually the eldest and most wise of all the elves are given that position. Their kingdom is high up in the trees in the gigantic forbidden forest. High Elves are very similar to humans in the way they look and reproduce. There have been cases through history of a half human half high elf child born to a human women, but never the other way around. Some of the main differences between High Elves and humans are High Elves are on average are 9" tall, and with ancient magics coursing through their veins, it makes them light enough to walk on top of fresh powered snow. The length of their ears is over a foot. Every High Elf is very beautiful and vain, and as such during ceremonies clothing has been forbidden as they thank the Gods, for the beauty they were given.

High Elves are not a military race and deem fighting and wars trivial, but if the time does arrive, the High Elves will defend themselves. All the armor, weapons, and shields that they have ever created are very beautiful pieces of art. The metal working involved in creating a full set of High Elven armor would take hundreds of years for a human, and the details so precise that human hands do not have the accuracy or stability. Sword play is taught through the generations as a form of art, not self defense, but the skills learned there could be very deadly in combat.

The Frog Women of the Misted Marsh

These women are like dark twisted mermaids.  They beguile men with their voices and lure them deep into the marshes where the men have difficulty passing through the terrain.  It is a mystery what they do then, since the men never return.  There are many tales, some suggesting that the men are drowned, others stating that the women keep them and steal their life's essence.  No one knows for certain (unless they happen to be frog women themselves).

No one has ever seen a frog man but the frog women are said to be half woman half salamander, or women who could turn into frogs (which is partly why they are often considered to be a myth among civilized folk).  One thing is consistently true in all the tales and that is that their beauty is difficult to resist and their song will break the will of nearly any man.

The Skyfarers of Torrull

The Skyfarers are descended from a group of humans who journeyed into the Torrull mountains seeking to escape 'ignorant' persecution at the hands of the temples.  What few know is that they started as a cult of demon summoners, which has become less of a religion among them a fashion.  Most Skyfarers are witches or wizards of some kind and they are known for building magnificent infernal engines, some of which are capable of taking flight.  Skyfarer flying machines are anomolies of the air since they look far too heavy to be buoyant and often belch horrible fire.  Over time the Skyfarers took to building their cities on these peculiar ships and their settlements dot the continents occasionally unknown and even sometimes unseen by the people on the ground.  They will use smaller vessels to navigate the skies and only occasionally set foot on the ground itself.  The most powerful among them boast at how many years they have remained airborne.

As their airships have become more common in the last century, so too have their wrecks.  Every now and then a land-dweller will come upon one of these horrible fire-breathing behemoths broken and damaged on the ground with what remains of its charred crew.

Psions

The psions are believed to be an offshoot of humanity and there are several different tales of how they came to be but very little agreement.  They are a lithe, graceful people, often tall and with very thin, fine or light hair such that the majority of them are quite bald.  They appear to be humanoid in general but psions do not possess eyes.  Their skulls possess vestigial ocular openings but where the eyes would be is completely sealed over with bone and there is no ocular nerve.  What they do possess is a third singular eye on the forehead which is not an eye in the normal sense and in fact will not even be visible on a sleeping Psion.  When awake the eye is ghostly and strange seeming to non-psions.

The psions are very powerful psychics, often possessing a variety of capabilities often associated with psionics (refer to almost any roleplaying game that has psionics in it).  Psions can and do breed with humans and while most children breed as true humans, occasionally a child of such a union or even one of a later generation will be born with the 3rd eye and a spark of cool mind-bending powers

Nomerians

Nomerians are diminutive individuals, often no more than 3-4 feet tall, but have appearances as varied as humans.  There are several different 'family lines' of Nomerians, some that seem more goblin-like and some that seems to tend more toward humanoid aesthetics.  The goblin Nomerians tend to accuse the other families of being impure for having human blood intermixed.  All Nomerians tend to have pointed ears which can either be smaller and subtle like human ears or large and floppy depending on their lineage.

They are most reknowned for their ability to tinker and their involvement in commerce across continents.  While not all of them have the spark of genious toward making gadgets and gizmos most are capable of identifying and putting to proper use even the most peculiar of Nomerian creations.  Nomerian attire tends to veer toward the ostentatious, including many pockets both obvious and secretive for holding their various contraptions.  A Nomerian long coat will have more pockets in the inside liner than on the outside.

There is a saying that an adventurer, properly outfitted with Nomerian gadgetry is apt to be well-satisfied for days on end even without access to interaction with other humanoids.

Felines
are humanoid cat like creatures that live in small tribes like prides in the jungel. The tribes consit of one head male and a few younger males, but the rest are usually female, and when the males get older there sent away. This way there is assured that there is enough hunting room for everyone.  They live in tents made from the animals that they kill.  They are very agile and fast and able to leap up into the trees are down from them from long distances away. They avoid the other races and other tribes. If anything comes into there teritorty there likely to attack them.

Twiggles
Fluffy, cute things. Originally they lived in the north, surviving through the lack of predators there, and the healing magic every twiggle is born with. The fur colour of a twiggle is rather choosen by coincedence than a race trait. Twiggles are pacifists, though it doesn't forbid them to heal injouries caused by fights. However through the change of things Twiggles now live in nearly every realm. They are quite accepted, due to the fact that they are creatures that strive to help everyone around them.
appearence

elemental
They are humanish in form but have the characteristics of whatever element they represent. ex, a fire elemental would have red hair and eyes. They also have magic linked to  that element.  They usually stay in a climate or place that is best suited for whatever element they have. ex. ice element would live somewhere cold. Their is only a handfull of each type of elementall and they have no ruler , but live on their own.

Shadows
Original a race of warriors, rodding out whole races in the name of darkness, they where defeated by an alliances of Human, Elves and Twiggles. Today most of them are located in human cities working as thieves or beggers. Still there's said the Shadows that were powerfull warriors still live somewhere hidden. They are similiar to humans expect for the fact that they see much better in the dark and are black all over their body.

Humans

The Humans were at one time the most powerful race and the crown jewel of military force in the land. But that was many years ago in the golden age of the Human Empire. After full scale civil war the empire fell and the Human race entered a dark age that made room for many of the and other races of the land to claim power for other civilizations to grow and flourish. Now a days, Humans mostly live in walled cities of stone that are ruled independently by a king, warlord or dictator since their is no united human government any more. Many humans are farmers. Although they are not the power house force they use to be, Human warriors, knights and militias are still very deadly and versatile fighters. Though the Empire has long been dead, Ancient Human structures and monuments still stand through out the land.   

main
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83324.msg3672131#new

ooc
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83322.0#new

charakters
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83322.0

Drift

I like games without a lot of rules built into them.  I'm one of those people who can sit down and say "I'm going to write something fantasy today" and come up with an intro line or two that takes off somewhere. :) I'd be interested just because I'm always looking for some place to put up my feet and see what other people are doing.  I'll write heroes, heroines, villains, just about anything and I like the chaos that can perpetuate in a group game.

Galanthor

yay, someone answered, but as told won't give you any direction, it's not even so that charakters would be obliged to find together in a group...merely, i will fill holes in the world, and even do the whole setting, though i'd like to let the players decide over most =D

Drift

That's all fine. :) Just want other people to write with.  I'm hoping some others will express interest.

Galanthor

as do i...a group doesn't make much sense under 4 people =/

skyline339

I think it sounds pretty cool, not many fantasy RP's seem to die out though because of lack of story. But maybe because of the free open world it will last longer :D I'm interested so hit me up when you wanna start!

Galanthor

will do, as a fact will start generating the world as soon as i got four interested

abandoneddolly

Galanthor

RubySlippers

Ok, could be fun.

Race: Nymphs

Basically your always hot and sexy free spirited female forest spirits (agelessly beautiful with forest colorations that are human sized) that reproduce by pollinating each other (not to mention playing with other races and even animals they like). Not the best fighters they have powerful magics keeping beasts (magically enhanced and groomed - think a wolf as big as an ogre or very smart flocks of hunting hawks) for various uses and the powers of the forests as a weapon. Tend to be naked but will wear strategically worn vines and flowers for modesty when needed. They tend to trade for few things but are excellent herbalists, makers of healing ointmnts/salves/potions and have well protected trade roads which they exact modest taxes. They are led by a Queen and local Forest Warders (mayors).  They don't physically age once they reach adulthood roughly 18-24 years old but are not immortal at the age of 200 or so they will rejoin the forests dying but leaving new life around them as their spirits go to the Great Forest in Paradise. Their power and experience determines leadership and the wishes of their Ancestor Spirits and the Great Numph of Paradise.

Special Groups:

Order of the Wolf - Ride big wolves, defend the Nymph homelands with extreme prejudice andare the closest the race has to an elite order of warrior but are prettyevil in a fight. All must have high levels of magical skill and are trained to use light armor, bows and spears also. They fight in squads of one hundred.

The Black Nymphs - Nymphs are beautiful, nymphs are perfect every other race is naturally inferior and so must die if they get in the way of the Nymph destiny. They worship the dark side of nature and are mistresses of destructive magics and tend to kill anything not a Nymph in their lands not on a protected road and not apeace envoy or in one of their communities under protection.

Cult of Delight - Live a live of excessive pleasures and don't do anything save indulge themselves are the opposite of The Black Nymphs if your old enough then theywill go for it in bed, trees and such. Have ample pleasure magics to.

Galanthor

ok...four interests, means the idea actually goes live...though i still hope more will come

hmm...will just change the name...it's the easiest i guess...

EDIT: game itself won't start before next week to give everyone time to tell me things to add

skyline339

Race: High Elves

The High Elves are an ancient race, hardly ever seen within the world, always keeping to themselves. They dislike anyone entering their domain and usually haunt them or scare them as ghosts. Many people believe that the High Elves died out a long time ago. They are ruled by a king and a queen, usually the eldest and most wise of all the elves are given that position. Their kingdom is high up in the trees in the gigantic forbidden forest. High Elves are very similar to humans in the way they look and reproduce. There have been cases through history of a half human half high elf child born to a human women, but never the other way around. Some of the main differences between High Elves and humans are High Elves are on average are 9" tall, and with ancient magics coursing through their veins, it makes them light enough to walk on top of fresh powered snow. The length of their ears is over a foot. Every High Elf is very beautiful and vain, and as such during ceremonies clothing has been forbidden as they thank the Gods, for the beauty they were given.

High Elves are not a military race and deem fighting and wars trivial, but if the time does arrive, the High Elves will defend themselves. All the armor, weapons, and shields that they have ever created are very beautiful pieces of art. The metal working involved in creating a full set of High Elven armor would take hundreds of years for a human, and the details so precise that human hands do not have the accuracy or stability. Sword play is taught through the generations as a form of art, not self defense, but the skills learned there could be very deadly in combat.

Is that fine?

Galanthor

of course, anything is fine, might just add missing things if I feel some information is not covered some info is not covered. here it would be WHERE they live i would make their kingdom surounded by mountains, as they were thought death and i don't think of them as island folk

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Drift

Hehe I had an idea I was going to toss your way.  Well, and then I started brainstorming.  What do you think of these?

The Frog Women of the Misted Marsh

These women are like dark twisted mermaids.  They beguile men with their voices and lure them deep into the marshes where the men have difficulty passing through the terrain.  It is a mystery what they do then, since the men never return.  There are many tales, some suggesting that the men are drowned, others stating that the women keep them and steal their life's essence.  No one knows for certain (unless they happen to be frog women themselves).

No one has ever seen a frog man but the frog women are said to be half woman half salamander, or women who could turn into frogs (which is partly why they are often considered to be a myth among civilized folk).  One thing is consistently true in all the tales and that is that their beauty is difficult to resist and their song will break the will of nearly any man.

The Skyfarers of Torrull

The Skyfarers are descended from a group of humans who journeyed into the Torrull mountains seeking to escape 'ignorant' persecution at the hands of the temples.  What few know is that they started as a cult of demon summoners, which has become less of a religion among them a fashion.  Most Skyfarers are witches or wizards of some kind and they are known for building magnificent infernal engines, some of which are capable of taking flight.  Skyfarer flying machines are anomolies of the air since they look far too heavy to be buoyant and often belch horrible fire.  Over time the Skyfarers took to building their cities on these peculiar ships and their settlements dot the continents occasionally unknown and even sometimes unseen by the people on the ground.  They will use smaller vessels to navigate the skies and only occasionally set foot on the ground itself.  The most powerful among them boast at how many years they have remained airborne.

As their airships have become more common in the last century, so too have their wrecks.  Every now and then a land-dweller will come upon one of these horrible fire-breathing behemoths broken and damaged on the ground with what remains of its charred crew.

Psions

The psions are believed to be an offshoot of humanity and there are several different tales of how they came to be but very little agreement.  They are a lithe, graceful people, often tall and with very thin, fine or light hair such that the majority of them are quite bald.  They appear to be humanoid in general but psions do not possess eyes.  Their skulls possess vestigial ocular openings but where the eyes would be is completely sealed over with bone and there is no ocular nerve.  What they do possess is a third singular eye on the forehead which is not an eye in the normal sense and in fact will not even be visible on a sleeping Psion.  When awake the eye is ghostly and strange seeming to non-psions.

The psions are very powerful psychics, often possessing a variety of capabilities often associated with psionics (refer to almost any roleplaying game that has psionics in it).  Psions can and do breed with humans and while most children breed as true humans, occasionally a child of such a union or even one of a later generation will be born with the 3rd eye and a spark of cool mind-bending powers :P

skyline339

Reading through everything really makes me excited to get this underway. I can't wait to see what battles are going to take place, what romance is going to happen, and what mysteries will be uncovered and maybe solved :D

Galanthor

This is so great, i love to see how you people are adding things =D

and Wyrd, of course you are welcome^^

EDIT will of course add some races near the end, though I will only add standart races if yiu say you wish it...humans will of course be there...though...might also be interesting if a fantasy world wouldn't have them

Wyrd

I'b like to have humans. Though, maybe not as the largest race. Mind if I write somethin up for humans
Ragtime Dandies!

Galanthor

nah...as i said i want the players to choose as much by themselves as possible...because i'm lazy as hell^^

Drift

I came up with another one this morning.  (Not sure what I was thinking) anyways!

Nomerians (yes it's a play on the word 'Gnome' and you can call them Gnomes if you want to)

Nomerians are diminutive individuals, often no more than 3-4 feet tall, but have appearances as varied as humans.  There are several different 'family lines' of Nomerians, some that seem more goblin-like and some that seems to tend more toward humanoid aesthetics.  The goblin Nomerians tend to accuse the other families of being impure for having human blood intermixed.  All Nomerians tend to have pointed ears which can either be smaller and subtle like human ears or large and floppy depending on their lineage.

They are most reknowned for their ability to tinker and their involvement in commerce across continents.  While not all of them have the spark of genious toward making gadgets and gizmos most are capable of identifying and putting to proper use even the most peculiar of Nomerian creations.  Nomerian attire tends to veer toward the ostentatious, including many pockets both obvious and secretive for holding their various contraptions.  A Nomerian long coat will have more pockets in the inside liner than on the outside.

There is a saying that an adventurer, properly outfitted with Nomerian gadgetry is apt to be well-satisfied for days on end even without access to interaction with other humanoids. ;)

Galanthor

lovely...guess those will be mostly normads for the goblinish/integrated for other, don't think they'd keep up against to long against the other races

Drift

well, whatever people want to do with them.  I'm not being extremely detailed. :P it's more fun that way because someone else can offer their own twist to it.

Galanthor

skyline339

Galanthor

well...as i haven't received any charakters yet...no

wanted to wait till next week no matter how fast it goes though...