Mayor in Canada leaves Giant Boulder on Ex-Wife's lawn.

Started by Wolfy, August 21, 2011, 09:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Slaven

That leaves me with two questions. Number one is where he got the rock? The second is how did he move said rock to her lawn?
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Chris Brady

As a construction company owner, I think he has LOT'S of big rocks, and the tools to get them there.

That, if a bit much, was hilarious!

If it had happened to me, I'd be laughing. Seriously, I would.  I'd be insulted too, but really, that's too well done not to laugh at it too.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Slaven

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 24, 2011, 10:31:29 PM
As a construction company owner, I think he has LOT'S of big rocks, and the tools to get them there.

That, if a bit much, was hilarious!

If it had happened to me, I'd be laughing. Seriously, I would.  I'd be insulted too, but really, that's too well done not to laugh at it too.

I wish I had a lot of big rocks to do things like that with. ^.^;;

Oniya

If it was on my lawn, and not in my driveway, I wouldn't even be terribly insulted (of course, I wouldn't have been asking for a 'big rock' all the time, either).  When I was a wee Oni, we would occasionally pass by a house on a hill with a large rock in front of it, and it was a game to see who could rattle off 'I wish I had that big rock in my back yard!' the fastest (sort of like kids yelling 'Jinx, you owe me a Coke').

I shared the article with my sisters, and they all still remembered.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Avis habilis

Silverfyre

What a way to end a rocky relationship.

(You are in good company, Avis.)

Haloriel

This is fantastic.  Seriously.  I would have actually found it funny if it were me receiving the rock.  After showing the news article to my husband, he proceeded to tell 'rock' jokes with me.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 25, 2011, 05:32:58 PM
What a way to end a rocky relationship.

(You are in good company, Avis.)
I get the impression he took her for 'granite'.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oniya

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 29, 2011, 01:24:35 AM
I get the impression he took her for 'granite'.

But the question is, do you think he treated her like schist?

Slaven

Quote from: Oniya on August 29, 2011, 07:19:32 AM
But the question is, do you think he treated her like schist?

Only when she couldn't make the bedrock.

Oniya

Avis habilis

Hell, if some joker did that to my yard I would scree too.

Oniya

Silverfyre

Personally, I'd just laugh about it and start over with a clean slate.

Callie Del Noire

Oniya

You could always sue and get the chert off his back.

TheGlyphstone

Silverfyre

I gravel before those who have left me petrified with laughter.

Oniya

Thank you for tolerating my apatite for wordplay. ;D

Silverfyre

I think it's boulder-dash if you don't enjoy a little wordplay.  I do think we have plateaued with it though.

Slaven

I agree, you can never slag somebody for wordplay. Wordplay is the cornerstone of our society these days.

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Slaven on September 01, 2011, 10:29:23 AM
I agree, you can never slag somebody for wordplay. Wordplay is the cornerstone of our society these days.

You might say it's the bedrock upon which our culture is founded.