Interest Check: From Menta-Equinox With Love [NC-E]

Started by Atalya, October 20, 2008, 06:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atalya

I have long wanted to start a large-scale game set in the universe Atalya hails from, a reality in which both demons and angels are fighting for "good" under the banner of the Allmighty against their warped and self-interested brethren, the devils and fallen.

While the universe is truly a universe, spanning both...a universe...and multiple planes of existence, the action would take place largely in Atalya's hometown of Menta-Equinox, nestled in the Demonweb Pits region. It would, of course, range out to other hotspots like Earth and the neighboring port city of Desperate Tears when the situation called for it.

Taking place a couple years after Atalya's emancipation from Lady Oppaiko and mere months after a devastating devil attack on the town itself, Atalya and two elder succubi, Sylvia and Wo-Lin, are struggling to rebuild and repopulate their shattered community. Being the biggest "homebody" of the three, Atalya has taken the lead in these efforts, becoming affectionately yet very unofficially known as "The Mayor."

Thus, she has put the word out to all corners of the Abyss to demons of all shapes and sizes (and even particularly hardy angels) to come make a fresh start in Menta-Equinox and help in the rebuilding process. One major enticement is the large stable of captured devils and fallen the town acquired during the battle, meaning just about everyone will be able to have a brand-new freshly-converted slave without even paying a visit to the mortal realms.

As far as players, I'd be looking for the following:

-Two people willing to take on the roles of Sylvia and Wo-Lin.
-A handful more who'd like to become other pre-established merchants in M-E, either by doubling up or dedicating themselves to commerce!
-People willing to be dominant and submissive (slave) demons that are new to town.
-People willing to be turned into dairy cows! (Tee hee)

There is the future possibility of permanent villain/devil/fallen characters, but I'd like to hold off on those until I'm more comfortable in how it will all work and when things are less chaotic in Menta-Equinox.

This will, of course, be freeform, with a bit of structure added as events dictate.

If you're interested or have any other questions, post here and let me know!
That which yields is not always weak
Atalya's Ons and Offs and Character Explanation

Vincent

-Eagerly Grabs up the first spot of intrest-

any room for a veteran warrior of the Campaigns past, present and future?
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

anon

- pounces in - Who can resist a call like that? ;]
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Atalya

Quote from: Vincent on October 20, 2008, 06:57:31 PM
-Eagerly Grabs up the first spot of intrest-

any room for a veteran warrior of the Campaigns past, present and future?

Of course. Clearly, Menta-Equinox needs some expertise in the field of defense. ;)

Quote from: anon on October 20, 2008, 07:00:02 PM
- pounces in - Who can resist a call like that? ;]

The illiterate! Ha!

Vincent

Quote from: Atalya on October 20, 2008, 07:01:17 PM
Of course. Clearly, Menta-Equinox needs some expertise in the field of defense. ;)

The illiterate! Ha!

-Nods- i think it might be best to post it, and let the merchies and other key characters add in their own bits, houses and stuff.

And i'm pretty sure the Literate would tell the illiterate about it.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

anon

Quote from: Atalya on October 20, 2008, 07:01:17 PM

The illiterate! Ha!
Heh. Good thing I'm not one then. ;] Dibs on a succubus! I have one in the back of my closet wanting to play a bit.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Atalya

Quote from: anon on October 20, 2008, 07:10:48 PM
Heh. Good thing I'm not one then. ;] Dibs on a succubus! I have one in the back of my closet wanting to play a bit.

Your succubus shall be welcome! Will you bring your own slave, or will you need one provided? :D

Elohim

Vincent

Quote from: Atalya on October 20, 2008, 07:23:31 PM
Your succubus shall be welcome! Will you bring your own slave, or will you need one provided? :D

If we can't find one for her, i don't mind  multi roleing, or working out a story where i owe her my life (Maybe she was the one who asked me to lead the towns defenses)
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

anon

Quote from: Atalya on October 20, 2008, 07:23:31 PM
Heh. I don't know...I'll have to ask around for one... - goes into HB waving the sign: Who wants to be my slave? -
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Transgirlenstein

I would love to join this as a slave demon or transformed slave..or both :)
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Amberghylles

I'm interested.  Could you expand a little on the role/nature of angels in this setting, I'm thinking I might be interested in taking up the mantle of one sent to help defend/rebuild an allied town...

Though I would not be opposed to taking on a couple of minor roles as well. 

So I guess I should just say, I am interested and trying to figure out which demonic candy to be. *winks*

Atalya

In my RPs with Oppaiko, we only had a handful of encounters with angels, so my notes on this aren't going to be as detailed as anything I could provide for succubi, obviously.

In sports terms, where the demons are God's merciless and high-scoring offense, the angels are the staunch and vigilant defense. They are the diplomats and ambassadors, hoping that they will avoid shedding blood, but perfectly willing to when the options are few. Compared to most demons, they are calm, collected, and not quick to rash action. Most, however are stoic and rather humorless. They are uniformly appalled by the demonic lust, violence, and practice of slavery, but realize too that the demons are God's children and part of his plan. (Demons, of course, find them to be infuriatingly dull.) They do have sex, but it is decidedly vanilla and usually monogamous.

The Fallen, of course, are angels who have turned against God and, like the devils, seek to claim as much power as they can. In general, their tendency towards defense has been twisted into near-paranoia and they have the bad habit of over-thinking their strategies. That said, they do not hold back their punches like their more merciful counterparts often do, and their ability to convince or coerce with words rather than weapons remains undiminished. Their alliance with the devils is not as solid as the Demon-Angel one, and it is generally assumed that if they do manage to take the Throne, they'll quickly turn on and annihilate the other. It is, in fact, rare to see a joint devil-fallen force except in the most epic of battles.

All that said, of course, everything falls into a spectrum. I (as Atalya) am a pretty laid-back and non-violent demon and have the more defensive mindset of an angel, but I remain intensely sexual and enjoy the master/slave dynamic. So there are undoubtedly more sexual angels, or more violent angels out there.

Vincent

Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Atalya

Quote from: Vincent on October 21, 2008, 05:42:58 PM
Think we can start it with 5 Atalya?

Possible, but I'm not quite ready yet. It'll take me a bit to get things compiled and written to set the stage, and sadly my unpaid vacation from RL work ends today, so I'll have less time in which to do it.

At the earliest, I'd say this weekend. But more likely next week sometime.

Vincent

Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Atalya

Oh, I think if I waited this long to start a game in my neck of the woods, you can wait a couple weeks. ;)

Vincent

Quote from: Atalya on October 21, 2008, 06:14:15 PM
Oh, I think if I waited this long to start a game in my neck of the woods, you can wait a couple weeks. ;)

I can..-Tries to sit patiently-
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Amberghylles

The best things are worth the wait.

*nods sagely and tries not to grin* 

Vincent

Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Oniya

If you are still looking for someone to be transformed, I'd be up for that.  I've been reading your Steamed Milk thread, and I'm very intrigued.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Atalya

Exxxxcellent.

Hoping to get this started up in a week or so, but yes, the more the merrier...especially those that want to be reshaped... *grins wickedly*

Atalya