Pokemon: Path of Destiny; Applications Closed

Started by King Serperior, February 18, 2015, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimir

That can all be worked on. I have a haircut appointment shortly so I can't work on it until I get back. Also if you could link me a site where you can find personal anime images, that would be awesome. ^^
My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

King Serperior

Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 05:12:10 PM
Also if you could link me a site where you can find personal anime images, that would be awesome. ^^
I'm afraid to say that I know of no such sites.  You'll just have to find an image yourself.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

la dame en noir

I don't think I'll make a good character, I just posting because I thought the idea was exciting.

@Dimir: I could help you find a few pictures if you would like the help.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 19, 2015, 05:32:35 PM
I don't think I'll make a good character, I just posting because I thought the idea was exciting.
That's perfectly fine.  You're still free to design a character if you really want to.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Dimir

Thanks for the suggestions King Serperior, I hope you feel my editing did a good enough job. And noir, assistance in image locating would really be appreciated. ^^

King Serperior

Okay, just a couple of things of note:
Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 04:37:42 PM
Name: Derek
It's not quite as big a deal to most, but I would like the characters to have Japanese names.

Now, this is where I might get slightly nit-picky, but I would like things to be consistent.  I like the way the Bio is looking, but here are a couple of things I noticed:
... he fought against the first two gym leaders of Kalos.
Just a small thing here, but the game will not follow the games in the sense that there's a specific order in the gyms.  There isn't a 'first' or 'second' gym other than the first gym that a trainer challenges.  For instance, Kyoji's first gym battle was against Misty in Kanto.  However, a Gym Leader's team strength depends on the number of badges a challenger has, so it's not like a beginner trainer would battle Clair's Kingdra or anything like that!
He decided to explore another region to take his mind off his father's death so he wanted to tackle the Tokai region with the three Pokemon he currently had. He wanted to accomplish something really amazing in his life, like beating the Tokai League, although he knows that will be a long and difficult journey. The rest of his family supported Derek's desire to travel to Tokai so he pooled together his funds and prepared for the journey ahead.
The last part is that Tokai is still a fledgling region that has only recently come across some stability.  The average trainer in the known regions won't know of Tokai's existence outside of possibly a vague rumors and similar.  For instance, Misa only learned of the region after her father called her.  Kyoji learned of the region via rumors after training and traveling around the region for four years.  Plus, trips to Tokai aren't extremely common and most would rather visit one of the canon regions, especially if they hear that Tokai is just recovering from a war.

Fix these things and it'll be good.  I'm still going to wait and see what Warg has planned as well as see if anyone else may be interested.  I'll likely keep the player search open for another day or so before finalizing the players for the game.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

Seems we are going to get a male character joining if either Dimir or Warg join.

I'll post my male and female characters and we can decide on who plays what.

Female
Name: Yuli Andou
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region: Johto
Team:
1) Charmander (Shiny, Male): Feisty and adventurous, Charmander loves testing his own abilities in battle and victory. Despite all that, he is really attached to Yuli and growls at anyone who approaches her. He was Yuli's first Pokemon.
2) Petilil (Female): Petilil is a beautiful pokemon that a little shy but opens up to other people if they are nice. Yuli caught her exploring the Safari Zone.
3) Deino (Female): Given to Yuli as a parting gift from her father before leaving Blackthorn City and heading towards Tokai. Yuli and Deino haven't been together long enough to bond, but they seen to get along well enough.

Personality: Yuli is a solemn individual, keeping only to herself and her Pokemon. She is self-sufficient and does not need to rely on others for help. Yuli is quite strong despite being only 5'4'' and not only physically strong but mentally strong. Due to her circumstances, she had never the time or chance to make friends, so she might seem a little awkward although not really meaning to. Her manner of dress is conservative, just like her mannerisms and behavior, with loose fitted shirts that don't stand out with baggy pants.

Biography: Yuli's older sister is Ibuki (Claire) the gym leader of Blackthorn City in the Johto region and her cousin is Lance, the dragon-user of the Elite Four. Yuli, along with Ibuki, tended to the Dragon's Den. Yuli trained all of her life in the Dragon's Den, from the age of 6 until she was 16 with Charmander. Then, getting permission from her sister and the Master of the Dragon's Den, Yuli was allowed to leave Blackthorn City and travel around the Johto region. Her adventures eventually took her to the Safari Zone near Cianwood City, where she challenged the Fighting-type gym leader, Shijima (Chuck), and won with ease with just her Charmander. Shijima was surprised by her decisiveness in battle and how fast Charmander reacted to her directions. Shijima directed her to the Safari Zone nearby and Yuli's interest was piqued. Here, she caught Petilil, a non-dragon type Pokemon which was the oddity for someone who came from Blackthorn City. Then, Yuli's travels took her to Goldenrod City and took on the Normal-type gym leader, Akane (Whitney). With impressive performances from Petilil and Charmander, Yuli won the Plain Badge.

Shortly after, a message was sent to her from Ibuki, asking her to return immediately to Blackthorn City. News came that there was new region discovered and that they'd like to send someone to see if there were any unknown Dragon-type Pokemon and the Master, as well as Ibuki, nominated Yuli for this task. Yuli agreed to this and before leaving, Ibuki gave to her another Pokemon, Deino, a powerful dragon-type Pokemon, before she left on her boat to Tokai.

Ons/Offs: In my signature

Male
Name: Moroha Arima
Orientation: Straight
Home Region: Hoenn
Team:
1) Growlithe (Male): Growlithe was Moroha's first Pokemon. Strong, fast, and intelligent, Moroha was surprised when this Growlithe decided to be caught by him. Moroha found this Growlithe injured on the road between Verdanturf and Mauville City. After treating him, Growlithe grew fond of Moroha and decided to join him.
2) Rufflet (Male): Rufflet was found accidently as Moroha was out doing his chores, being attacked by other Rufflet. Using his Growlithe, he defended the Rufflet and saved him. Moroha took the Rufflet, treated him, and he joined as well. Rufflet is an amusing Pokemon, always messing with Moroha just as a manner of playing.
3) Aron (Female): While exploring Verdanturf tunnel, Moroha heard rumors about a stray Aron attacking all the Whismur in the tunnel. He took it upon himself to find the Aron and stop her. After defeating her with Growlithe, he caught her and trained her so she became a little more mild-mannered, but still a little aggressive. Since Aron was caught with a battle, she respects Moroha as a trainer and listens to him closely.

Personality: Moroha is a cheery, happy person who loves Pokemon and taking care of them. He considers all Pokemon as friends and dislikes it when other people think of Pokemon as tools. At 5'9'', his build does not suggest that he is an intimidating person at all. Moroha is very approachable and makes friends easily, all thanks to his kindness. His favorite color is orange and he tends to dress with orange.

Biography: Moroha is the grandson of the Day Care Lady and Man near Mauville City and he helps take care of Pokemon and has done so since he was young. His mom lives in Mauville City and his father is abroad in the Kalos region. Most of his time is spent with his grandparents at the day care center, helping them take care of the Pokemon and going around finding injured or abandoned Pokemon and bringing them to the Day Care. This was how he met his Growlithe and Rufflet. Also, as a sort of side job, he also took care of issues that Pokemon cause. Everyone in Mauville and Verdanturf thought that he would make a good Pokemon Ranger, but he just felt like he was doing his job as a person living in the Pokemon world.

In fact, he didn't want to become a Pokemon Ranger, he wanted to take the League challenge and get all eight badges and challenge the Pokemon League. Though, he felt guilty leaving his grandparents behind and didn't leave like every other 10 year old was. It wasn't until he was 16 that his grandparents told him to go and fulfill his dreams and that it was silly to think that he should feel guilty for following his dreams. Instead of taking the Hoenn League challenge, he sailed to Unova instead and took their challenge instead, just so he could see more.

After winning two gym badges, the Bolt Badge from Kamitsure (Elesa) in Nimbasa City and the Toxic Badge from Homika (Roxie) in Virbank City, he heard news of a brand new region, the Tokai region. Moroha really wanted to finish the Unova region challenge but, in the end, his adventurous spirit took him to the previously war-torn region of Tokai.
Ons/Offs: In my signature.

I think I'm liking my female character just a bit better. I know I said I was 70-30, 60-40 in favor of the male, but I just had a good idea with her and rolled with it.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

King Serperior

Both characters look good.  I really like the way both of them are designed.  Either one would be accepted.  Depending on what Kim and Warg or Dimir have, we'll figure out which character fits best as a group.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wargtass

This backstory is about to turn dark, I don't know if it will fit but alright...  ;D

I was wondering what sort of climate and general culture the Tokai Region has, as well as the nature of the war. Was it a civil war, invasion from another region? Were Pokemon used extensively or was it mainly human fighters with guns and fervor?
O/O

King Serperior

Quote from: Wargtass on February 20, 2015, 09:02:47 AM
This backstory is about to turn dark, I don't know if it will fit but alright...  ;D

I was wondering what sort of climate and general culture the Tokai Region has, as well as the nature of the war. Was it a civil war, invasion from another region? Were Pokemon used extensively or was it mainly human fighters with guns and fervor?
Well, as Tokai is the largest region, it has a very wide climate base.  Where the story begins, it will be a semi-tropical location, but there are places where blizzards and below freezing conditions are common as well as volcanic areas, desert areas, and even a large area where it's a decently sized sea full of islands.  The culture is also fairly varied.  If I had to compare it to another region's, it'd be most similar to Sinnoh's in that Pokemon played extremely vital roles in the region's formation long ago.  That's where the similarity ends.  As of now, the region in the 'civilized' parts promote peace the best they can.  If we think of the region as a circle (it's not actually circular in shape), then the most populated areas are along the coastal areas along the edges of the landmass.  They are the least damaged by the war.  As one travels inward, they'll find that life is tougher as the central parts of the region are still recovering from the massive battles.

As for the war, it was indeed a civil war.  The vast majority of those who fought in it had no clue as to why exactly they were fighting in the first place, but the rumors that spread was that one side wanted to turn Pokemon into living weapons, devoid of all emotion.  For the most part, it was humans and Pokemon fighting humans and Pokemon.  No official records exist anymore to provide truth as to the true nature of the war and the primary leaders of both sides mysteriously vanished about a year before the war ended, thus leaving the 'headless' sides lost without a cause.  So, the war ended with a peace treaty after the remains of both sides found no more reason to fight one another.

Also, feel free to do what you would like with the backstory.  I'll look it over and answer any questions you may have.  I hope this answered your questions?   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Dropping by to politely ask King to stop having such cool looking avatars.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

King Serperior

Applications for the fourth character will close about 12:00pm tomorrow, so if anyone's thinking about it, please post your interest and submit a sheet.  Don't be shy!  Who knows, you may get lucky.   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Dimir

Finished editing my profile. Best of luck to whoever gets the player position. ^^

King Serperior

Okay, the CS looks good for now.  Now, we just wait to see if anyone else is interested and, if not, wait for Warg's CS and figure out what character fits best.

Also, I cannot believe I forgot to mention this, but players wanting to join should be able to write at minimal between 2-3 paragraphs consistently.  This will be a very story-focused game and such games need players who can write detailed posts.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Wargtass

Almost done with the CS, and I had a question, but now I have forgotten what it was... .__.
O/O

King Serperior

Great!   Well, the CS being nearly done is.  If the question that slipped your mind pops back up again, I'll answer it.   ;D

Until then, I can't wait to see what you have.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on February 20, 2015, 03:46:53 PM
Are you still looking for someone? @-@
There is still one character space open!  There are a couple of other potentials for the spot, but it doesn't hurt to create a CS.   :-)

And on that note:  After a small chat with Aiden, this is the current character lineup so far:

KS:  Misa Mizuno;  Female
Aiden:  Yuli Andou;  Female
Kimera:  Potential Female character

Then we have Warg, Dimir, or Wolfy's possible character.  Dimir has a male character on the plate.  Any gender is good as this is not a smut-based game, so choose whatever you feel most comfortable with.  Any questions that you may have, I'll answer to the best of my abilities.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

King Serperior

Point increase?  If you want a Magikarp, it's 2 'points' while a Gyarados is 4 'points.'  If you really want a Magikarp, nothing's stopping you from getting one later, should your character be accepted (though I doubt that anyone will have a full team before the 4th gym).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Are we allowing Eeveelutions from the start as a 4 point pokemon, or no? :3

King Serperior

I did think about that, yes, but I eventually decided to not allow that.  On it's own, Eevee is decently strong, unlike such Pokemon as Magikarp, Wurmple, and Combee as well as Baby-stage Pokemon which are generally not useful at all in battles.  Besides, having a Eevee means that, should a character eventually wish to evolve it, they have options in the future.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

And two final questions.

I may have missed it in the opening post, but do we post character sheets here?

And secondly: How are Fossil Pokemon Treated? Same Point system, or are they not included?

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on February 20, 2015, 04:16:07 PM
I may have missed it in the opening post, but do we post character sheets here?
Yes, you post your Character Sheets here.  In this way, any problems can be solved quickly and easily.
And secondly: How are Fossil Pokemon Treated? Same Point system, or are they not included?
By this point, all regions have a way to revive Fossil Pokemon.  However, they aren't overly common, at least when compared to other kinds of Pokemon.  That said, they are treated with the same point system.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace