The Story Lottery - Feedback and Chatter

Started by Britwitch, August 20, 2019, 12:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britwitch

Please remember this is a Lottery folks, not a matchmaking exercise. So, please keep an open mind when receiving your assigned partner. While I understand that the draw might not always work out in your favour, that's kind of the point of taking a risk and taking part in the first place.

No one is asking anyone to write things that make them uncomfortable but I would ask that everyone gives their chosen partner and their ideas fair consideration before deciding not to continue. If it doesn't work out, which definitely can happen, you can politely say no, but it is helpful for me as the person running this to know about these things for the future. Please do contact me privately should there be someone in this event that you definitely can not see yourself having a viable partnership with.

Lastly, please let this thread be used for encouragement and the sharing of ideas, as was intended. We do not want to air dirty laundry or complain about partners here publicly as it's rather easy to find out who one is talking about, please PM me if there are issues.

I hope you're having a blast and want this to continue as a fun and exciting way to write with others!

Thank you!

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

Nymphadora

The whole idea is so much fun! The excitement waiting to see who is your partner and then connecting and seeing what might happen.

If it didn't work out this time I'm not worried. I'm excited to try again!

I really appreciate the work you two have been putting into this. I really hope it continues on gaining in popularity. :)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

CriminalMindsFan

I've enjoyed browsing the participant profiles because sometimes I don't like to read the lengthier writing preference profiles elsewhere on E. The smaller profiles are kind of like a cover to larger ones that might interest me. I'm always looking for like minded roleplayers to avoid becoming an inactive one.

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Britwitch on October 03, 2019, 01:50:59 PM
Please remember this is a Lottery folks, not a matchmaking exercise. So, please keep an open mind when receiving your assigned partner. While we understand that the draw might not always work out in your favour, that's kind of the point of taking a risk and taking part in the first place.

No one is asking anyone to write things that make them uncomfortable but we would ask that everyone gives their chosen partner and their ideas fair consideration before deciding not to continue. If it doesn't work out, which definitely can happen, you can politely say no, but it is helpful for me as the person running this to know about these things for the future. Please do contact me privately should there be someone in this event that you definitely can not see yourself having a viable partnership with.

Lastly, please let this thread be used for encouragement and the sharing of ideas, as was intended. We do not want to air dirty laundry or complain about partners here publicly as it's rather easy to find out who one is talking about, please PM myself or Amaris if there are issues.

We hope you are having a blast and want this to continue as a fun and exciting way to write with others!

Thank you!

Quote from: Nymphadora on October 03, 2019, 05:17:03 PM
The whole idea is so much fun! The excitement waiting to see who is your partner and then connecting and seeing what might happen.

If it didn't work out this time I'm not worried. I'm excited to try again!

I really appreciate the work you two have been putting into this. I really hope it continues on gaining in popularity. :)

💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Gypsy

As someone who is never very good at reaching out to prospective partners, this takes some of the weight off meeting new people. :-)  I've enjoyed the discussions, and maybe learned a bit more about that sometimes elusive 'something' that keeps me writing and found myself with a couple of ideas for the future even from the one that didn't quite reach that point of agreement.

I'm glad that I signed up, both times.   
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Eikichi

Quote from: Gypsy on October 04, 2019, 07:26:14 AM
this takes some of the weight off meeting new people.

This is basically the bane of my existence. So I'll probably never drop out of the lottery.
PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Britwitch

Thanks for all the lovely feedback, everyone. <3 So happy to hear so many of you are enjoying the Lottery so far.

And! I've updated the story listing for the September partnerships, lots of awesome Halloween themed tales this month it seems. ;D If you and your partner have started your story, don't forget to PM me a link so I can get it added.

Britwitch

Added a few more stories, both from the current draw and the previous one ;D

And don't forget, if you find yourself reading along with anyone's story, do think about leaving them some words of encouragement for them here in the feedback thread. <3

Kye

Sign-ups open on the 20th of every month and close on the 25th.   ;D

Britwitch

Lovely Complex

Lyrical

I'm excited to give this a try. I just hope I don't forget and miss the next sign up period.

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Lyrical

Sara Nilsson

Seems fun, think I can join in? *hides behind a pile of teddy bears*

Sara Nilsson

I bring them with me. *points to small wooden wagon I pull everywhere*

BlackStone

Lovely Complex

Quote from: BlackStone on October 19, 2019, 01:44:42 AM
Is there a Lottery for Nov yet?

There isn't. The days for the lottery sign-ups are the 20th and the 25th with the pairings being put up at the end of the month or the first day of a new month.

At least, that's what I've seen happening here. ^^ We'll be happy to have you sign-up and on board!

Lovely Complex

Oh, only one more day here! *ish excited*

Britwitch

Getting rather excited over here too ;D and it's wonderful to see so many new names adding their profiles as well!

Britwitch

ANNOUNCEMENT!

There is a new element for you to add to your participant profile - if you're thinking of signing up for the October draw, please make sure you add this to your current participant profile.

'Preferred content' relates to whether you're looking for a smut heavy story, a story driven tale or whether you're flexible either way. This addition is coming from feedback from a few participants who feel this would help making the partnerships more successful.

Having an updated Ons and Offs thread also helps me with the process so please try to make sure both your profile and your O/Os are accurate and true to your current writing desires.

There have been a few instances where I've based a pair upon their profiles and those participants have been disappointed to find they didn't have as much in common as they perhaps should have because one or both writers had put things into their profile they were not actually prepared to include in a story. This is especially important in regard to the gender(s) you would prefer to write. <3

Nymphadora

That's cool, Brit! Thank you for the addition!

Can't wait! Can't wait!

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Britwitch