News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Tomb of Horrors [3.5]

Started by BigBuckBob, June 15, 2011, 11:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBuckBob

not necessary to use a roller I can check, I'll take your word for it.

I use a system to add chance and variety, I mostly care about what makes sense for the characters and the story. If you plan on fudging a roll, tell me why and the original result. If you plan on fudging all your rolls, then don't bother joining a system game to begin with.

------
Aureana- so far so good.  Try to find a picture, helps me separate her from the player.

------
Ironwolf- I generally find the 'pathguy' character generators help smooth the process. 
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Sethala

Fair enough, though I already used the forum roller.

If you don't mind though, I'm going to reroll the 1 and 2 I got for hit dice (on a d12).

Also, can you give me a ballpark figure for how much gold I should spend on equipment?

BigBuckBob

Certainly.

And let's say 40k.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Sethala

Alright, I'm done picking my maneuvers and stances.  Tomorrow, I'll find some magic items.

If anyone's got some suggestions for what I should/shouldn't get for maneuvers, though, let me know.

ofDelusions

Iron heart surge is always awesome. Even if it is worded REALLY badly.

I am pretty sure I am going for beguiler unless someone else makes a skillmonkey. In which case I am still undecided.

Sethala

Hm, that would probably be useful.  I don't think I'll keep it in my readied maneuvers, but I do have the Adaptive Style feat, so I can spend a full-round action to change and recharge my readied maneuvers.

Also, are there any feats that let me use a large-size weapon without penalties?

Sethala

Finally found a picture for myself:

BigBuckBob

Alright, I still want  some additional female interest, but I think we have a decent party in the works.

Here is the opening post. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110790.msg4810403#msg4810403

When you finish your character post : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110836.0

===
Infatetress' character will be the force that brought the team together. So between her tale of lost sisters, her looks, or the fact that she knows the location of the lost tomb of acerack,  i'm sure you can all come up with reasons for joining the party.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

inflatetress

So we need to figure out why our characters are all headed to the Tomb together, Any suggestions on how/why your character is interested in the Tomb?  Siddra has to go to get some answers. 

ofDelusions

I was thinking of making an unarmed swordsage (think fairly supernatural monk, perhaps a handmaiden or bodyguard to Siddra or some another char?) but it seems that we REALLy need someone with ways to find to traps (this is still tomb of horrors after all..) so I am still a bit undecided.

And yes, my choice of class changes a lot during character making.

inflatetress

Delusions- you should be whatever class you think you'd have the most fun playing.  If BBB decides we really need someone for traps he'll reopen the thread to new players (probably?).  But if you don't like your class then you won't have fun so just pick whatever is calling out to you, at least that's what I say!

As for her job, Siddra wouldn't have a handmaiden, and in a sense all of the characters will be her body guard as basically she has been sent on a mission by her Sisterhood to the Tomb.  She needs to find people to go with her or people that just happen to be going that she can tag along with as the Sisterhood is made up only of seductresses, no body guards or anything like that.

So the way I see it, all of the other PCs could know each other and be planing to go to the Tomb to extract some of it's treasures to which Siddra tags along.  Or, Siddra has to convince a bunch of adventurers to take her to the Tomb. Or some combination of those two ideas.

ofDelusions

Heh, you are right. Unarmed Swordsage it is!

inflatetress

Cool!  I have no idea what that is though.  ???

ofDelusions

My rolls

28047   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-20 16:32:10   At 2011-06-20 16:32:10, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
28046   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-20 16:30:56   At 2011-06-20 16:30:56, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15
28045   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-20 16:30:48   At 2011-06-20 16:30:48, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
28044   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-20 16:30:42   At 2011-06-20 16:30:42, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
28043   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-20 16:30:36   At 2011-06-20 16:30:36, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
28042   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-20 16:30:27   At 2011-06-20 16:30:27, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 14

Ironwolf85

I'll have to use plothook instead I have dialup, so things are a LOT slower
Quote from: Sethala on June 20, 2011, 10:59:27 AM
Hm, that would probably be useful.  I don't think I'll keep it in my readied maneuvers, but I do have the Adaptive Style feat, so I can spend a full-round action to change and recharge my readied maneuvers.

Also, are there any feats that let me use a large-size weapon without penalties?
monkey fist takes a bit to get too,
oop look at that it loaded gotta write in the soulknife stuff like bladewind in myself... be back in a bit
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ironwolf85

Arvess
Male Lizard Folk Reptilian Humanoid 2 / Soulknife 7
Lawful Good
Representing Ironwolf85
Strength   18   (+4)
Dexterity   16   (+3)
Constitution   16   (+3)
Intelligence   16   (+3)
Wisdom   11   (+0)
Charisma   11   (+0)
   Size:   Medium
Height:   5' 8"
Weight:   380 lb
Skin:   Green
Eyes:   Blue
Hair:   None

Total Hit Points: 81 [includes psionic body bonus: 4 psionic feats]
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 21 = 10 +3 [studded] +3 [dexterity] +5 [lizard folk]
Touch AC: 13
Flat-footed: 18
Initiative modifier:   +3   = +3 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:   +5   = 2 [base] +3 [constitution]
Reflex save:   +11   = 8 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Will save:   +5   = 5 [base]
Attack (Psiblade):   +10/+5   = 6 [base] +4 [strength] +2 [enhasnement]
Attack (unarmed):   +10/+5   = 6 [base] +4 [strength]
Attack (missile):   +9/+4   = 6 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Grapple check:   +10/+5   = 6 [base] +4 [strength]
Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:   100 lb. or less
101-200 lb.
201-300 lb.
300 lb.
600 lb.
1500 lb.
Languages:   Aquan Common Draconic Gnoll Orc
Gauntlet [1d3, crit x2, 1 lb, light, bludgeoning]
Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]
Heavy Crossbow [1d10, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 120 ft., 8 lb., piercing]
Studded armor [light; +3 AC; max dex +5; check penalty -1; 20 lb.]
Psiblade [1d10 crit 20/x2 ; check penalty -1; hardness 10; hp 5; 5 lb.]
Feats:
Wild Talent   
Psionic Body [psionic]   
Psionic Weapon [psionic]   
Greater Psionic Weapon [psionic]   (spend Psi power add 4d6 dam)
Deep Impact [psionic]   
Traits:
Skill Name   Key
Ability   Skill
Modifier   Ability
Modifier   Ranks   Misc.
Modifier
Appraise   Int   3 =    +3      
Balance   Dex*   10 =    +3   +3   +4 [lizardfolk]
Bluff   Cha   0 =    +0      
Climb   Str*   8 =    +4   +4   
Concentration   Con   9 =    +3   +6   
Craft_1   Int   3 =    +3      
Craft_2   Int   3 =    +3      
Craft_3   Int   3 =    +3      
Diplomacy   Cha   0 =    +0      
Disguise   Cha   0 =    +0      
Escape Artist   Dex*   3 =    +3      
Forgery   Int   3 =    +3      
Gather Information   Cha   0 =    +0      
Heal   Wis   0 =    +0      
Hide   Dex*   7 =    +3   +4   
Intimidate   Cha   0 =    +0      
Jump   Str*   11 =    +4   +3   +4 [lizardfolk]
Knowledge (dungeoneering)   Int   5 =    +3   +2   
Knowledge (nature)   Int   4 =    +3   +1   
Knowledge (religion)   Int   4 =    +3   +1   
Knowledge (planes)   Int   4 =    +3   +1   
Listen   Wis   6 =    +0   +6   
Move Silently   Dex*   10 =    +3   +7   
Perform_1   Cha   0 =    +0      
Perform_2   Cha   0 =    +0      
Perform_3   Cha   0 =    +0      
Perform_4   Cha   0 =    +0      
Perform_5   Cha   0 =    +0      
Ride   Dex   3 =    +3      
Search   Int   5 =    +3   +2   
Sense Motive   Wis   0 =    +0      
Spot   Wis   5 =    +0   +5   
Survival   Wis   1 =    +0   +1   
Swim   Str**   12 =    +4   +4   +4 [lizardfolk]
Tumble   Dex*   5 =    +3   +2   
Use Rope   Dex   3 =    +3      
Autohypnosis   Wis   6 =    +0   +4   +2 [concentration]
Knowledge
(psionics)   Int   7 =    +3   +4   
* = check penalty for wearing armor
Lizard Folk:
•   +2 strength / +2 constitution / -2 intelligence (already included)
•       (Consider -6 charisma to replace the Level adjustment +1.)
•   +4 on jump, swim, and balance (tails) (already included)
•   May claw/claw 1d4+ strength bonus x2 (multiattack), plus bite at -5 to hit 1d4+half strength bonus
•   Darkvision (see 60 feet in pitch-dark)
•   Level adjustment +1
•   Ask referee whether natural armor increases with level
Soulknife:
•   Mindblade (currently at +2) Weapon focus: mindblade, Wild talent
•   Throw mind blade
•   Psychic Strike +2d8 (does not work on mindless opponents)
•   Free draw, Shape mind blade (may transform blade’s size)
•   Enhance mind blade (can add properties, current list is: defending, Keen, Lucky, Mighty Cleaving, Psychokenetic, Sundering, Vicious, Collision, Mindcrusher, Psychokenetic burst, Supression, Wounding)

Class   HP rolled   
Level 1:   Reptilian Humanoid   8   
Level 2:   Reptilian Humanoid   6   
Level 3:   Soulknife   4   
Level 4:   Soulknife   6   +1 to intelligence
Level 5:   Soulknife   2   
Level 6:   Soulknife   7   
Level 7:   Soulknife   7   
Level 8:   Soulknife   2   +1 to strength
Level 9:   Soulknife   4   
2 Power Points/Day:
2   [wild talent]
Arvess's Equipment:
35 lb
10 lb

2 lb
5 lb
4 lb
2 lb
2 lb
5 lb
1 lb
_____
66 lb   Weapons / Armor (from above)
Crossbow bolts (quiver of 10) x10
Bottle
Caltrops
Crowbar
Grappling hook
Lantern (hooded)
Manacles x1
Rope (50', silk) x1
Hourglass

i will start looking up magical items to spend my 40K on, i don't need an enchanted weapon WOOT
http://d.facdn.net/art/ironwolf85/1308450518.ironwolf85_arvess.jpg
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

PhantomPistoleer

Is there still room in this?

I'm interested in playing a male binder who wants to learn more about the Tomb's creator.  Incidentally, the Tomb's creator is a powerful demon that binders can bind.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sethala

So, more newbie questions...

Mithral armor is one weight category lighter, and has 3 less armor check penalty.  Does this change to the armor check penalty stack with the bonus from being masterwork, so a masterwork mithral armor has an armor check penalty of 4 less?  And, does the change in weight category also change what the move speed penalty is (i.e. normally breastplate is medium armor and gives a speed of 20ft, does mithral breastplate give a speed of 30ft since it counts as light armor?)

I might change my mithral chain shirt to a breastplate, depending on if I'm understanding these rules properly, but otherwise I'm done with equipment.

I would still like to know if there's a feat or something that will let me use a Large-size weapon without penalty, though.  (My character's fighting style involves jumping at/over an enemy and attacking them from the air.  Doing so with a sword bigger than she is would just be awesome.)

ofDelusions

Quote from SRD

"Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations." So yes

And I think the decreases of armour check penalties would stack as well.

About Large sword. I think there is a feat for that somewhere. Don't remember where though.

BigBuckBob

sethala has invoked tv tropes for the purposes of character creation.

I suggest people get on good terms with him, he may save your life some day.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

ofDelusions

Pffft, Tvtropes has already ruined my grammer, my childhood and my life.

STILL undecided about class after I ran into few problems with making that Swordsage. I promise I will have character sheet up in next 24 hours though!

ofDelusions

My character will be Beguiler1/Wizard4/Ultimate magus 4. Only things left to go are skills, items and trying to find something to trade that familiar for or dump it all together.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 20, 2011, 06:25:36 PM
Is there still room in this?

I'm interested in playing a male binder who wants to learn more about the Tomb's creator.  Incidentally, the Tomb's creator is a powerful demon that binders can bind.

Instead of a binder, I think I will probably go with a Factotum 8/Chameleon 1.  Please let me know if there is still room in this campaign.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

BigBuckBob

I'm trying to save the last spot for female interest,  but would you mind joining a game already in progress?
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

inflatetress

ANy other thoughts on how our characters have come to group up?