Fate/Infinity

Started by Garuss Vakarian, June 16, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Starcry on June 25, 2014, 01:29:13 AM
I liked Vlad since he is cool looking. <3

So who around here is an Archer?

I am playing the Archer and Kunoichi already mentioned whom my Archer is based on although IC she may be bit enigma :P. As she is 'youngest' heroic spirit around. Most heroic spirits weapons have innate magical properties and such, but her case they hold only destructive power but no magic besides them.

But what wins is her large list of personal skills and that she doubles on as Archer and Assassin as summon and her noble phantasms kick ass :).

Her sheet is in here; https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=206602.msg10136483#msg10136483

Kunoichi

As a Heroic Spirit whose legend is still both fairly new and fairly obscure, Zaer's Archer is a very low-cost Servant, requiring much less prana to support than other Servants with more weight to their existence.  Additionally, part of the knowledge that the Grail provides to Servants includes information on legendary figures that they could theoretically have heard about in their lifetime (which is how Saber recognized Lancer's identity in Fate/Zero), which means Archer is going to have the advantage of nobody having even the slightest clue of who she is in the War, while also having an excellent chance of recognizing other Servants.

In the team format this Grail War is being held in, she will be able to really show off the areas where she excels. ;D

Orochimaru

Add in the fact Archer has Darius as a master. Someone who no doubt has something of use. Which, brings up a few things I want to run by Garuss on. >.> I'll have to do so later. I start my new job today.

Zaer Darkwail

Kunoichi: Heh, so being 'youngest' servant is not necessary a weakness ;). I eagerly wait other servants (and master's) response to her appearance. As said, she is far cry from traditional heroic spirit so she is very unusual but also no one knowing nothing about her.

Also I have vicious plot IC to get everyone in mixed-gender sauna.... >:)

Lynnette

Quote from: Orochimaru on June 25, 2014, 02:06:48 PM
Add in the fact Archer has Darius as a master. Someone who no doubt has something of use. Which, brings up a few things I want to run by Garuss on. >.> I'll have to do so later. I start my new job today.

Congrats man, what is it?

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on June 25, 2014, 04:20:29 PM
Kunoichi: Heh, so being 'youngest' servant is not necessary a weakness ;). I eagerly wait other servants (and master's) response to her appearance. As said, she is far cry from traditional heroic spirit so she is very unusual but also no one knowing nothing about her.

Also I have vicious plot IC to get everyone in mixed-gender sauna.... >:)

Mixed gender sauna? That could be fun... :3
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Moon Hound Hati

Mixed gender sauna shenanigans? Sounds fun. :D
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 25, 2014, 04:25:39 PM
Mixed gender sauna? That could be fun... :3

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on June 25, 2014, 04:27:54 PM
Mixed gender sauna shenanigans? Sounds fun. :D

More so when it's finnish styled sauna experience  >:) . So expect silver perch branches inside.....

Lynnette

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on June 25, 2014, 04:29:52 PM
More so when it's finnish styled sauna experience  >:) . So expect silver perch branches inside.....

Silver Perch Is it a fish, or am I totally wrong here?
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Zaer Darkwail

I meant silver birch actually. Slight misspell :P.

Rave

Pharaoh...Pharaoh would like this. Very much.

Way to appeal to his senses to get on the God-King's good side :P

Zaer Darkwail

I guessed as much :P. Not sure were there saunas in Egypt but there was public baths for sure up to 16th century. Sauna is just something what fins developed in between held by Swedish and Russians. Historically it's uncertain when Sauna was made and first official records are from Swedish but overall it's possible Swedish copied sauna from Fins (as Swedish usually are not that deeply involved in sauna culture and do not use it same regularity).

Rave

Even if he doesn't know about it, pretty sure the concept is very enticing. "These...'Swedish' peasants...their creations amuse me. Rejoice, for you have convinced a Pharaoh to join you."

LtFox

Player Name: LtFox

Character Name: Basil Rusul Zaman
Mage family: Rusul family of Atlas Alchemists.  Their history stretches back quite a bit, they've been perfecting their methods in Atlas for a long time.  Compared to other Alchemist families, they focus slightly more on the flow and conversion of matter than is typical in Atlas, but ultimately it all serves the end of achieving better phenomena conversion and future manipulation.

Role: Master
Personality: His personality is serious and logical. Basil is frequently composed and calculating, always determined for perfection but knows it's impossible to achieve. He is bad at showing emotions, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.  He has a temper, which can occasionally erupt with little warning.  Even though it isn't his prevailing mood exactly, an air of melancholy is often hanging around him, as if he was shouldering far too many burdens.

Basil is a consummate tactical thinker, often running several event simulations against each other in different partitions in his mind.  This counts for him as a leisurely pastime, unless he's tinkering with one of his inventions or equipment.  In combat he overclocks his mind far beyond even that, and methodically sifts and analyzes all available data to find a route to victory, or failing to find one, creates it instead.  He also holds beauty and aesthetics in high regard, designing his inventions as outwardly pleasing as well as functional.  The Rusul family have always prized loyalty, and Basil is no exception to this.  Of course, given that alchemists are generally speaking universally morally bankrupt, the most important loyalty is to family, but Basil likes to extend it to people he considers friends, even if those are few.

History: Basil's family has been Atlas Alchemists for generations.  As such, they have a very well defined skillset and niche in Atlas.  Compared to heretical families like Eltnam, they haven't stood out much, but they are still around after many generations, which in itself says something in the backstabbing and cutthroat politics of alchemists.  As most other alchemist families, the Rusul family has long been developing means for phenomena control and future alteration.  They focus slightly more on the material transmutation side than most of Atlas, but not enough to make them stand out.  As with other Alchemist and Magus families, they keep their discoveries under lock and key.

Basil personally is currently the family head, his parents having passed some years back during a failed experiement, a common enough story in Atlas.  Unlike Magus families though, alchemists rarely have need to pass down a Magic Crest as they have so little in the way of magic circuits, and as such, they tend to have more children on average to have spares available if one is lost to politics of failed experiments.  For alchemist families accumulation of knowledge itself is far more valuable than cumulative magic skills.  Basil himself has two younger siblings who are both already full working members of the family.

Few years before the Grail War, Basil finally achieved the level of Master, and as most alchemists who do, he too acquired independent confirmation that the world is indeed ending fairly soon, as originally predicted by Atlas's first Director long ago.  Of course, like most of Atlas, he'd known of the possibility before as most of Atlas's phenomena alteration and future rewriting research was geared towards steering the world in a better direction.  It was considerably different to reach the same conclusions independently, by his own research, and like many before him, it nearly drove him mad.  He dedicated the next years to a frenzy of innovation, coming up with more and more horrific options to avoid the ultimate end.  This, too, was fairly normal to rest of Atlas, as many others had succumbed to similar bouts of madness.  It was why rules dictating that everything created in Atlas must be kept and disposed of within the domains of the organization were established, as anything potentially capable of preventing the end of the world might also create even greater devastation.  Basil came up with some things which were then tighly sealed into the family vaults, placed there alongside similar horrors of the past.

There is a reason for the saying, "If the Seal of Atlas were ever lifted, the world would be destroyed seven times over."

Had nothing changed, Basil might have wasted away in a few more years, consumed by the madness as many had before him, and likely will in the future as well.  He had taken to wandering the battlefields of the world, trying to make sense of the destruction, and seeking death at the same time.  He managed to survive, however, and even picked up considerable knowledge of modern warfare and military tactics.  It was when he was returning from one of the wars in middle east that he was met with a representative of the Einzberns and following a fairly short negotiation, offered a chance to change the future for the better.  As Atlas Alchemists had worked for other organizations in the past, he eagerly agreed and received his command seals, and after considerable investigation, knew that the Grail War might represent a new solution to Atlas's problem.

Skills:

Memory Partition  is an ability used by the superior alchemists of Atlas. Paired with Thought Acceleration, the very proof that one is an Atlas alchemist, it is the ability to partition their thoughts to form multiple independent thought processes. While normal people can only have a single "room" in their brain and focus on one thought, partitioning adds partitions to the one room to create multiple rooms. The prerequisite for the superior alchemists of Atlas is at least three rooms, while five is on the level of a genius. Sion Eltnam Atlasia can manage seven partitions, while a past Academy Director had achieved eight partitions. Basil's current level is at four partitions.

It is different than having multiple independent machines in their heads because, while there are multiple processes, they work toward one goal. They manage different problem sets, but work together to generate one overall solution. While machines can calculate on the same level, nothing else compares when used for problem solving. The limit of an average alchemist is one thought into multiple rooms, but superior alchemists can perform first−order tetrations of their thought into rooms. The rooms are synergistic, so four partitions allows for 256 thought processes. As they work towards one goal, it does not allow for 256 separate calculations. It is used to calculate the opponents movements in battle, think out multiple separate ideas at once, and calculate gathered data.

Thought Acceleration  is the main magecraft of Atlas alchemists. Fast thought is only a prerequisite to it, and it is truly the ability to multi−expansion diagrams. Thought Acceleration is the proof of an alchemist, while Memory Partition is a proof of their facilities.

Using Thought Acceleration he can perform high-speed calculations, and using Memory Partition, he can separate his mind into up to four partitions allowing for multiple lines of independent thought. He uses data to simulate all the possible patterns and fluctuations of the opponent, following a by the second "wire diagram" of all the possibilities to select the most likely outcome and act according to it to choose the most suitable attack. While capable of predicting the movements of someone far superior like a Servant, he lacks the physical ability to follow through with his counter move, like knowing the trajectory of a bullet but being unable to dodge it.

Seal:

My alchemist is here to join the fray, finally!

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Batman4560

I just watched the first episode of this. Do you guys need players still?

Garuss Vakarian

Well, we are full up on masters, and servants. But, we are still open to other types of characters Ie: Inquisitor's, Mages on the side lines, sibling characters, Friends, etc. Whatever you can think of really. Although if your a average normal guy, :P It would be vary dangerous to be around the on coming fights.

Batman4560

Well at the very least I will be watching this game with interest. This anime has gotten my attention.

Rave

So now that all the major character roles are filled, I imagine we'll be starting soon? :D

Lynnette

Just in case someone didn't notice it, the OOC has been open for a while, it can be found right here.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=207123.0

Yes, both are the link, the latter is in respect of those that read this through mail, like I tend to do.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

LoneSamurai1337

I'd love to join and be the humunculus :) if everyones alright with that? :)
I am the heart of my Keyblade, Light is my body and Magic is my Blood, I have created over a Thousand Keyblades, Unknown to Heartless, nor known to Nobodies, Many times I have endured Crushing Darkness to create thousands of Keyblades, and yet these hands will never hold anything, So as I pray to Kingdom Hearts, Unlimited Keyblade Works!

Lynnette

Quote from: LoneSamurai1337 on July 02, 2014, 03:31:24 PM
I'd love to join and be the humunculus :) if everyones alright with that? :)

If you read through Garuss' character sheet (The 2nd post) the homunculi has already been made as an female NPC. You could always PM him for the possibility of a change though.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

LoneSamurai1337

Nah I talked with Garuss and I'm happy with rping a female character :)
I am the heart of my Keyblade, Light is my body and Magic is my Blood, I have created over a Thousand Keyblades, Unknown to Heartless, nor known to Nobodies, Many times I have endured Crushing Darkness to create thousands of Keyblades, and yet these hands will never hold anything, So as I pray to Kingdom Hearts, Unlimited Keyblade Works!

I've just had a glance over this game, and I think it might be for me. I'll be reading it through tomorrow, but for now, here's the character I'm interested in playing!

Player Name: Karma
Character Name: Elsa
Mage family?: Not to her knowledge
Role: Bystander
Personality: Dour, with a dark sense of humor and a strong infusion of pointlessness. She has seen death and perversion in all its forms and experienced most of them personally. With no end to her suffering in sight, her interests have become curiously immediate in nature. Given her ability, she is quick to "self-sacrifice" knowing it is ultimately of no cost to her. "Death wish" does not adequately describe Elsa's craving for mortality.
History: Elsa was no more than a simple farm girl in rural Germanic Europe. She can no longer remember the name of the king whom she served, nor even the names of her family, so long ago was it that she "lived." Anecdotes told to historians has given her the sense that she was born perhaps in the 16th century, but her memory has become foggy enough that it could well have been several hundred years earlier. She has long since stopped caring about such things. Burned into her memory, however, is the face of the sorcerer that took it upon himself to rape and torture her on her sixteenth birthday, a scene that ended with his hands choking the life from her. She awoke sometime later, much to her surprise, and her coughs of life startled the man, who dared to call her demon for surviving his pleasure. After she killed him, he did not rise as she had only minutes before.

It was soon apparent to Elsa that she had gained some type of immortality. She tried all types of suicide she could imagine; jumping from cliffs, taking far too much medicine, slitting her own throat, goading men into beating her to death, guillotine, drowning... if a manner of death was revealed to her, Elsa tried it, to no avail. It wasn't that she was impervious to harm, but rather that no matter what happened, her body would pull itself back together over whatever amount of time was necessary. Small wounds would "heal" in seconds, while large wounds might take minutes or hours. Once she cut her hand off and stowed away on a boat traveling to the New World, only for it to catch up to her some weeks later, crashing through a tavern window to get to her.

Elsa's long life and utter lack of personal risk has allowed her to experience most things in this world, but though her areas of expertise had ought to be vast, her memory is only as robust as any other person's, and so much of it has faded into the haze of forgetfulness. The peculiarity of her ability prevents her from needing to sleep or eat, but neither can she build muscle on a permanent basis. She discovered after some time that she can consciously delay the "reconstruction" effect, but the moment she loses consciousness (whether to induced sleep, death, or anything else) it resumes. Thanks to it, however, and with centuries of practice, she can tap into physical resources that others would only have access to in emergencies. Being that she is a small girl, though, it has limited usefulness. One should not underestimate the tenacity of anyone that does not fear death, of course.

Abilities and Skills:
Relentless Recombination: Elsa’s body will, without fail, restore itself to its default state of a healthy sixteen year old girl regardless of any damage. Elsa has discovered no limitations to this ability including disintegration. In extreme cases of separation, the smaller pieces will (seemingly magically) dematerialize in order to pass through whatever barrier is obstructing the process. It is not accelerated healing but a sort of metaphysical elasticity. She does not need to breathe, eat, or sleep; she remains (uncomfortably) conscious even when decapitated. She does not even bleed. The only mitigating factor discovered thus far is Elsa’s own willpower, and once consciousness is lost, the process immediately resumes.

Ignore Pain: Centuries of death-seeking have rendered Elsa psychologically immune to suffering. While her nerves still report accurately what is happening, all but the most basic of subconscious responses have been eradicated.

Tap In: Elsa has learned to manipulate her body to the limit of human ability. While a normal human under normal circumstances exerts subconscious control over the maximum output of their muscles, Elsa is able to access the full extent of her muscle strength at any time, allowing her to be the “grandma lifting a car off of her grandson.” Accordingly with unlocking the secrets of the human body, living for so long in a young body has led to Elsa being extraordinarily spry and spacially aware. However, she is still a sixteen year old girl, and on the small side for her age. Beings greater than humans are unlikely to be phased by her strength and speed.

Edit note: I'd be open to offering Elsa as a potential Master. Her peculiar life force would have an interesting interaction with a Servant's mana drain, and she has a very clear desire: to die.

TheWhiteEmperor

I know this has been going on for a while and I may be late to the party, but may I ask what positions are still open(after reviewing I see the 14 base positions are taken... Damn you, hindsight!) or roles would people like to see or are needed? xD I'd even settle for being a random person caught up in the mix. Maybe an old survivor from a previous war or something? I'm a huge fan of the Fate/series and would like to share in the experience, if you would have me.
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Garuss has been busy so I haven't been officially confirmed yet, but given that Elsa doesn't have a concrete role in the war yet, I'd be more than happy to discuss some possibilities between her and your potential character so we both have something to go on from the start. :)