We Could be Heroes (Sexy High School Superheroes) Recruiting thru Friday Night

Started by assleigh, April 29, 2014, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin of Lust

Hey, we're looking at your character profile, and we'll get back to you on it soon. In the mean time, I know the code given says to leave out her biography, but could you please fill that out while waiting for us to get back to you? Thanks. ^_^
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

Loves

Quote from: Paladin of Lust on May 03, 2014, 01:04:13 AM
Hey, we're looking at your character profile, and we'll get back to you on it soon. In the mean time, I know the code given says to leave out her biography, but could you please fill that out while waiting for us to get back to you? Thanks. ^_^

certainly, I'll do that up now and edit one its done :)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

assleigh

Ok, another writing prompt for everybody ... Tackle it when you're pretty much 'done' with your character proposal :)
Poster's go up in early October advertising the school's trip to the Copper Mountain Ski Resort. The place is described as a Winter Wonderland where anything can happen, and the buzz about the school is it always does. Everything from awesome displays of skiing and boarding prowess to epic parties and scandalous hook ups to award winning nature photography and inspired artwork have all been known to come out of this annual trip. There are even rumors about the boy who ate the yellow snow and the girl who spotted a yeti ...but maybe she was the one eating the bad snow?
Given the expense, semi scandalous air about the event and the fact that its one of THE events of the school's social season... What did your character have to do to get:

• Their parent's permission
  • The money to go
  • everything that they needed for the trip
Also, what sorts of things do they intend to do with their days and their nights? What do they hope will happen? What will cause them to die with embarrassment if it came to pass?
To Spice things up, please use the following words at least once:

• Duck
  • Skip
  • Toasty
  • Zone
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Juggtacular

Just to be clear(haven't had much sleep yet), is this for everyone apping? Or a third choice for the people yet to post their apps?

assleigh

Its another one, for everyone when they've got a good handle on their character... Amended the post, hope it is clearer... The perils of being a Captain of Team No Sleep

Loves- You're a descriptive writer and you breathed life into Maddie... One thing I'd like you to focus on as her flaw is the 'last' one... The generous spirit, giving baker who sucks at it... The other two can be personality quirks (and we have carries with one or the other of those, Foot in Mouth disease and the flirty thing) Or heighten her curiosity to the Nth degree so she keeps going "where Angels fear to tread". Mostly, I'm trying to pick out that which could make her unique in the game and still say 'play the character as you want to'

Make sense?
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Sephora

Hey, I just read the front page thing about having enough jock applications.  Do I need to completely rewrite my character? 

Paladin of Lust

@Loves: Note what assleigh says, but we're not saying that Maddie can't be a flirt, but focus on something (baking or curiosity) and perhaps tone down the others somewhat, so they become aspects of her personality (quirks as my GM says), but not something you could really consider a character flaw.

@Sephora: That was amended after your application. Your application is one of the causes for us putting that up, so no, don't change it. ^_^

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

assleigh

Quote from: Sephora on May 03, 2014, 01:31:42 AM
Hey, I just read the front page thing about having enough jock applications.  Do I need to completely rewrite my character?
NoNoNoNoNo! Maya and Dontae and anyone with a jock concept currently in the worms is cool. I posted that so we wouldn't get anymore :)

Thanks for checking though. *hands Maya a box of cookies with some of Maddie's super-sensational Pecan Sandies in 'em* Since you read my other post and reread the earliest posts in the thread.

My ONs and OFFs

Sephora

Whoot!  Good to know.  -takes cookies and considers them positive reinforcement, behaviors adapt accordingly-

JamesSureWould

damn, I want a cookie.
What can I do to get a cookie? (aside from the third writing prompt. I'll totally do that, but not tonight. Work kills my brain, so any in-character writing from me would be incoherent, full of errors, and vaguely self-loathing)

Oh, could I get a cookie if I go to bed? Cause that's what I should probably do

apygoos

CHARACTER SHEET

NAME: Jacob Xavier Wheatly

SEX: male

APPEARANCE:

ORIENTATION: mostly straight, would take one hell of a guy to swing him the other way for a bit

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single, for now

TYPE: nerdy poor kid
POWER THEME: speedster

FLAW: Stubborn/hard headed. Once he sets his sights on something  he wont stop his pursuit of it. no matter how many times he fails, he gets right back up again, even if it comes at expense of his self. In his eyes, what more does he have to lose? This moves into a compulsive need to help people however he can. Be it helping someone pick up their books, turn a bully off from his prey, etc. These scenarios always seem to make him have a tardy to class rate of at least 50% (though for rehearsal and practice, he's never late), causing his attempt to see good in the world and try to help it grow, let him have detention with the troublemakers, when hes quite the opposite.
REPUTATION:  (Should be added after you work out connections to other characters)

BIOGRAPHY:  Jake has come form a poor family. Barely making enough to get by. His whole life, if he's wanted something, he's had to chase it. Unfortunately his families poor disposition sometimes seems to work against him and his ambitions in school. [more to be added once connections are made]

Scenario 1:
Alright, game time. One more test, one more step to my full ride scholarships. His feet tapped the ground quickly, watching the clock, then the teacher in anticipation of the beginning of the test. He has come to believe that he must excel at anything he possibly could so he could get a step ahead. His families poor disposition has left him little room for error if he wants to go on to bigger things in his life.

Flipping the test over, he grinned, If there was one thing that paid off, it was memorizing terminology while running. His feet continued to tap the ground, oddly enough acting as a mental stimulant. Since he memorized some of these things running, mimicking the act helped him remember as crystal clear as possible. He cruised through most of the test until he hit what felt like a road block.

Damn it, I thought this wasn't going to be on the test! His only advantage was that he at least recognized the problem. Without the proper way to solve it coming up to his head, he committed to trying to dissect the problem forma different angle. He maybe should've just moved on to the next section, but once he started, he was committed. Stubborn to the bitter end.

Finally, he gets in a work around. He sets his writing utensil down a moment to admire his handy work. But only just as he did this, there was only five minuets left! Thankfully, looking at the remaining questions, he took back off, it was like there was no roadblock to begin with. His feet began racing all over again, his mind racing with him as he filled in the remaining blanks. Finishing the paper, he signed his name and date and sprinted to the front of the room, slapping it on top of the pile as the bell rings right there after. "Another photo finish Mister Wheatly."

assleigh

Quote from: JamesSureWould on May 03, 2014, 01:45:51 AM
damn, I want a cookie.
What can I do to get a cookie? (aside from the third writing prompt. I'll totally do that, but not tonight. Work kills my brain, so any in-character writing from me would be incoherent, full of errors, and vaguely self-loathing)

Oh, could I get a cookie if I go to bed? Cause that's what I should probably do
That all depends on who you are sleeping with and if you've got any new moves ;)
hehehe sorry
... Couldn't resist... Tired GM = Censoring circuits going down

My ONs and OFFs

apygoos

sooo there's the sheet. if anyone wants to make /any/ kind of connections and stuffs, let me know!

Paladin of Lust

Hi, we're looking at your character's profile, and we'll get back to you soon! ^_^

Juggtacular

Well there's already the sports connection, but what if Dontae and he were friends and somewhat opposites. The popular rich kid, and he the mostly invisible, poor nerd guy. And there could be some subconscious resentment or something in there if you wanted to swing it that way.

Also, Dontae is one of the fastest runners at school, so to see Jacob one day just completely burn him after they got their powers would be hilarious.

Loves

Quote from: Paladin of Lust on May 03, 2014, 01:35:27 AM
@Loves: Note what assleigh says, but we're not saying that Maddie can't be a flirt, but focus on something (baking or curiosity) and perhaps tone down the others somewhat, so they become aspects of her personality (quirks as my GM says), but not something you could really consider a character flaw.

@Sephora: That was amended after your application. Your application is one of the causes for us putting that up, so no, don't change it. ^_^

Here is the link to my post with the character modifications edited.   

:)

ON HIATUS AGAIN

JamesSureWould

Quote from: assleigh on May 03, 2014, 01:50:56 AM
That all depends on who you are sleeping with and if you've got any new moves ;)
hehehe sorry
... Couldn't resist... Tired GM = Censoring circuits going down

You have censoring circuits? That must be nice.
Assleigh, you thinking what I'm thinking? Tequilla, a sleeping bag, a box of condoms, some lube, some marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate?

Sephora

Quote from: apygoos on May 03, 2014, 01:51:46 AM
sooo there's the sheet. if anyone wants to make /any/ kind of connections and stuffs, let me know!

Re earlier discussion: Champion trio!

Maya is captain of the track team, they'd have to at LEAST know each other. 

Why not make a little sporty clique of our own? 

Juggtacular

JamesSureWould

Quote from: apygoos on May 03, 2014, 01:50:28 AM
NAME: Jacob Xavier Wheatly

Well, if you decide to continue with him being in the drama club, He and Cameron would probably know each other. Or rather, they know of each other. Jacob probably knows Cameron as 'that guy that makes us rehearse constantly' whereas Cameron would know Jacob as 'That cute guy who has all of those bit parts'

assleigh

apygoos, connections are the focus of Stage 2 for those invited to participate in it. For now let's focus on your character. I liked the writing prompt and how you shared his thought processes. The Flaw totally misses the mark. All you listed are personality/social quirks but bone serve as an RP hook. In fact, your "No matter what he tries to do it barely gets noticed" is a bar to RP not a way to spark it.

I'm at a bit of a loss to help you with one, mostly cause I'm tired but also... I'm still left wanting to know more. The closest I can see is "Driven to succeed at all costs" ... Not wanting to end up poor like his folks could be why he's stubborn...why he studies so hard and wants to stand out... Maybe he hopes that being a champion will get him an It girlfriend and.help him network with the cool, rich kids... It could make him take aderol and even cheat...

and a WAY picky/bitchy thing..."poor disposition"=mean spirited/pessimistic/grouchy/etc... You should have used "poverty"

My ONs and OFFs

assleigh

Quote from: JamesSureWould on May 03, 2014, 01:57:37 AM
You have censoring circuits? That must be nice.
Assleigh, you thinking what I'm thinking? Tequilla, a sleeping bag, a box of condoms, some lube, some marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate?

I'm officially in "Bad GM" mode...that came across as a perfect safe sex-revenge vs. A bastard ex list...

• Tie (naked) Ex up in sleeping bag, turned ass up
  • Put condom on Tequila bottle, lube generously
  • Use Swiss Army knife to cut hole in S-bag... Insert bottle in arse...
  • make Smores to the beautiful music of suffering bastich

My ONs and OFFs

Paladin of Lust

Okay, it's nice that you're all excited about this, but not everyone will make it in. We can't take too many people (we've tried, didn't work out well). Phase 2 is all about building character relationships, so while we like how enthusiastic you guys are, we don't want to have your characters have too many links to others just yet. After all, the existing cast hasn't been properly introduced to you guys yet, so no cliques just yet, please, and thank you. ^_^ There will be a time to build those connections later.

Sephora

Sorry, just got caught up in the moment is all.  :P

With that said, do you mind if I ask how many players you guys are planning on taking on?  How many spots are open? 

Edit:  Nevermind, it says on the front page. XP

assleigh

Yep, what PoL said ... Don't mean to stifle your creativity but don't want anyone having to err on things in Stage 2.

but... You do have a shiny new writing prompt to think about...and this is why we will be making decisions on who's moving forward by Monday Night at the latest.

My ONs and OFFs