Leading the war into hell! [Intrest check]

Started by Blaed, March 29, 2010, 03:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaed

Since the start to time, hell has been spitting out its demons to attack, kill and corrupt people. They have made the world a much worse place. At first, people turned to heaven. It worked for a while, but then it seemed heaven turned its back on the people. For years now, people could do nothing but run and hide and fear death. But then, people started to fight back. The started to keep the demons at bay. They kept them away from there towns, there cities, there families and loved ones. But could this be enough? The world was not meant for such a fight to take place on its soil. And soon the blood drenched soil started to die, and so did the animals and the plants. The world was not a wastelands. With food low, and nothing bout empty stomachs and idle hands, the world plotted a war. They were going to invade hell, and give back the demons something they gave to them. A band of skilled people were selected to go in as a scouting party, and to clear the way as best they could. But as soon as they entered hell the gate they came in sealed forever. Now, stuck in hell, with nothing but there weapons and themselves to trust, they must find there way home. Or do they keep on going with there mission, killing as many demons as they can before they are killed themselves.

I just got this plan for this game from reading a small comic strip. I wanted to see if there was any interest in the game. I want to to be even numbers, as far as female and male players. Just because there is going to be kind of pairing off. But there is also going to be demons that are going to want to take the males and females for themselves. Not only to rape them and play with them, but to turn them.

So, I wanted ten people, five males and five females. I am going to see only later if to make this a system base game or just free-forum.

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Videospirit

I suppose this has promise. Consider me interested.

Question Mark

*INTEREST*

Hum hum, neat twist on the "______ vs. Hell" archetype.  Count me in as one of the guys.  Here are a couple obligatory questions.

- From your intro, I'm assuming the demons take on a physical form a la Doom.  Is that true, or were you speaking more metaphorically (the demons are more akin to ethereal spirits like ghosts instead of monsters)?
- What envisionment of Hell are we using?  i.e. the Divine Comedy's concentric circles of sinners, Doom's hellish (heh) wasteland of fire and rock, Constantine's "Hell is a dimension laid over our own," etc. etc.
- Will there be lulz?

Miles Trent

Definate interest. Dibs on a demon with a specialty for corruption.  >:) Havent played as one in ages.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Blaed

Quote- From your intro, I'm assuming the demons take on a physical form a la Doom.  Is that true, or were you speaking more metaphorically (the demons are more akin to ethereal spirits like ghosts instead of monsters)?

There will be many times of demons, both physical and ethereal. They will take on many different forms and sizes.

Quote- What envisionment of Hell are we using?  i.e. the Divine Comedy's concentric circles of sinners, Doom's hellish (heh) wasteland of fire and rock, Constantine's "Hell is a dimension laid over our own," etc. etc.

Its a version kind of made up of a few different ideas from different books, stories, and games. Its going to the the normal Nine Levels of Hell. But each hell is going to be for only some bad people, each level made to torture each of them the most. And then each of the demons from that level will look different. I know that sounds like the normal nine levels of hell, but I don't want to give too much away. But each one will look different, some will be like, just earth, but things hunting you down, and so on.

Quote- Will there be lulz?

There will be funny stuff in there, maybe not for your character, but for me!!!

OldSchoolGamer

I'll toss my hat in the ring here...to play an intrepid female explorer who, of course, ends up way over her head...

sinoraa

Just PMed you

LIAR

I am likely interested in participating as one of the female adventurers.

Thorn14

Interested as well as a female professional hunter!

master

i'd be intrested in playing a male warrior

Rachubka

Interested! Lots of femmes already, though. Hoho.

Blaed

True, but I might change some things around, making it more for the people that are interested in the game.

LIAR

Are you gunning for an even badguy/hero ratio also?

Blaed

I don't think i will

I know that I am going to run a few bad guys myself. And a few women as well.

Videospirit

Imogen

My preference is to play a female, but if desired I can play a convincing male fighter instead.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Belladonna1

If at any point you find you're in need of yet another female, let me know! :)
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Question Mark

Is this a near future kind of time period, or more antiquated?

i.e. What kind of weaponry and technology are we using?  I'd love to go mowing down demons with a chaingun, but I'm willing to take my blessed cross to them as well.  >:D

playfullchick76

This is something I could sink my teeth into, playing a female agent of the US marshall service.

Blaed

Don't worry if we get too many female characters, I can change around a few things to fit it, and with everyone liking this, I will start making up the plot stuff and start messaging the people that wanted to play demons telling them when they will come into the game.

As for chain gun, there are them, but finding ammo for it is not going to happen, unless I want to throw something like that in there to be fun.

But mostly swords and melee weapons. With bows and arrows and stuff like that.

Question Mark

Wait, I'm confused...

We have chainguns, which means we have a level of technology similar to our current RL, so why would we use swords and bows?  I'm guessing due to lack of ammo, right?

sinoraa

Quote from: Question Mark on April 05, 2010, 10:24:11 PM
Wait, I'm confused...

We have chainguns, which means we have a level of technology similar to our current RL, so why would we use swords and bows?  I'm guessing due to lack of ammo, right?

Well i assume its the, buffy the vampire/Blade rule. You can use it, but vampire/demons are so tough, a decapitation, is just alot quicker, then a bunch of holes in their stomach....I also believe thats the Devil may cry rule

Question Mark

Quote from: sinoraa on April 05, 2010, 10:46:10 PMWell i assume its the, buffy the vampire/Blade rule. You can use it, but vampire/demons are so tough, a decapitation, is just alot quicker, then a bunch of holes in their stomach....I also believe thats the Devil may cry rule

I prefer the Realism Rule: hunks of metal flung at supersonic speeds that can hit a demon hundreds of feet away outperform flimsy pieces of metal and wood that require you to be in the demons face to use.

Also, if a bunch of holes in their stomach won't stop them, a decapitation sure as hell won't!

LIAR

I rather pure fantasy (swords 'n boards 'n magic) than modern weapons/tech.

I'm a sucker for castles and princesses, though.