". . .sufficient posts by the newcomer. . ."

Started by ryokothedemoness137, October 28, 2008, 11:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryokothedemoness137

I can understand the admininstrators not wanting to publish what 'sufficient' means, as the whole point is to gauge the newcomer's commitment to the process, and us newbies shouldn't be able to game the system.  But I have a couple questions that I hope can be answered:

1.  Is it only the introduction thread that counts, or the whole board?

and

2.  Is 'sufficient' judged strictly on number of posts, or on quality?

Sherona

We look mostly for quality posts. If someone posts say 100 one word posts in like the forum games they might still find themselves waiting while someone who posted 20 substantial posts is movedto teh Qeue'd.

There is no real set number. Its activity that matters.

ryokothedemoness137

I'm glad to hear that.  In that case, I hope the moderators notice the long 'perfect day' reply in my intro thread soon.

Sherona

So that I did not make it seem odd, Lots of words doesn't always make things substantive, nor does short posts make things unsubstantive.

But trust me we note every post you make in your intro *smiles*

ryokothedemoness137

Quote from: Sherona on October 28, 2008, 12:06:28 PM
So that I did not make it seem odd, Lots of words doesn't always make things substantive, nor does short posts make things unsubstantive.

But trust me we note every post you make in your intro *smiles*

Perhaps you should have quoted the fictional version of Sir Thomas More in A Man for All Seasons:  "I trust I make myself obscure."  :)

Bliss

I always find fictionalized versions of real people to be interesting; my favorite to date was Stephen King's fictionalizing of himself in one of his more epic works.

What Sherona was getting at, in brief, is that we look in toto at content, not just length. Or to put it oclloquially, "It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it!" ;)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3