Mech Wars OOC (Saikotsu, cmpuncle, DigitLninja, UnderCov3rL0ver)

Started by Saikotsu, March 27, 2011, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saikotsu

... okay, so your life is in upheaval too.
What's so bad about your job dude?  I wouldn't advise quitting either. In this economy, you're lucky if you have a job, and you seem to have forgotten how long it took you to get this job. I know it sucks, the company I work for (which shall remain un-named, they have a tendency to fire people who post bad things about them online), that company is a freaking circus, I seriously dislike working for them, but it's a job in an economy that lacks them. Besides, how are you going to afford NDK without a job dude? 

As for the Truck, I don't understand how not having it means you can't get food at home. Are your parents only feeding you conditionally?  My guess is that a tow truck probably picked it up. Talk with management to see if they called a towtruck to remove it from the parking lot.  You probably will need to pay a fee to get it back, which means, unfortunately, that you need to keep your job. 

As for Borders closing and putting everything at 40% off, I feel your pain. I'm not allowed to spend any extra money, even though I could buy some things.  Not to mention, it is A RETAIL CHAIN THAT SELLS BOOKS THAT IS CLOSING!!! that is just so wrong. This world lacks justice, where a book company can go out of business!   
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

alright down the list:

training ended and almost all of it was useless
once I was out on the floor everyone I spoke with told me they hated this job, and those I trained with agreed after a few days
everyone who was working was trying to get out of that job
until last Wednesday I didn't feel like I got any helpful advice and that person told me that my team lead wasn't going to be helpful for me
people who call in mostly dislike me once I'm done speaking
I am getting little to no human interaction even with this job
my parents went on vacation leaving me alone with my cat
my only mode of transportation was that damn truck which died after two days
I haven't been able to purchase more food for the house cause the truck was not working
my parent's know I don't like driving that truck and this only proved me right cause the truck was a fire hazard
I was planing to call up a friend and try to get the truck running or towed back to the house on Thursday (my weekend) but when I left on Wednesday it was gone.
I have yet to be called about what happened with the truck
my access card to the building is the one that had to slide instead of the one that I can just show to the machine and it opens the door
I didn't get a car pool up and running till the day after my truck died
the carpool could only take me too work on weekends which meant that I had to wait in the sun for a bus for an hour on Saturday and had to call in sick on Sunday because I didn't know if the bus was even running
I was going to get a car loan for my new car but I found out my not having a job and not paying off my college loans gave me seven years of bad credit and there's nothing I can do about it
I have no one to vent to because my closest friends are at least 30 minutes to a couple of hours drive away
my other group of friends is falling apart and you guys are too busy
Alyssa hates me and I had to find this out through her sister who may also hate me now because of what I did to Alyssa
Only 4 people showed up to my damn 4th of July party, Bret who I haven't spoken with in months because he was recluse, Rachel Alyssa's little sister, and my closest friend from high school
none of those people showed up till after 3PM so I literally was alone for most of the day trying to pretend I wasn't feeling lonely
I wake up so dehydrated that I dry heave till I get water but my parents don't want me to purchase an AC for my room cause they think I'll be moving out soon
since I got this job my stomach has had pain in the mornings before work which I believe to be an anxiety attack
my cell is almost out of minutes which means I have to spend more money
I have saved 400 bux so far for NDK which is only about half but would also include the price of the room
I could give a rat's ass about the god damn economy because killing your soul for a company you hate isn't worth it
anything I do that would 'hurt' the company would hurt me first and them never
they tell us they care and are willing to work with us but that's just to get you to sign away your life
This is the first job where I have never wanted more than to just leave
I had to purchase two pizzas and some Chinese food this week meaning I lost more money
if I quit today they lower my cash to minimum wage for the last week (we are always one pay week ahead), and since I took Sunday off due to my anxiety and the bus I would only get 3 days of full pay this week, so they punish me for leaving

... I'm sure there is more but that's the jist of it... you want more give me time to think...
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

cmpuncle

man guess I finally started getting a run of good luck both in the rp here and in RL.  I finally called Frontier again today and was able to switch my flights to tennessee from knoxville to nashville, and it was even free of charge since they hadn't charged me for the booking yet.

oh and just a quick side note, remember fate helps those who help themselves, if you're not willing to make the best out of a bad situation, you'll never get where you wanna go.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Saikotsu

- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

cmpuncle

omg I am so glad that I missed with that attack, if it had hit it would have overloaded the guys already unstable circuits due to the Vessel of Anima's added effect on Sarge's weapons, which could have been disastrous.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Saikotsu

- a friend

Saikotsu

we're just about done with Chapter one.  Each of you are going to get a chance to get repairs, upgrades, and some character development in the near future.  The time frame for the intermission will be 3 days (in game), so I'd like you guys to think of what you'd like your character to do for 3 days and what kind of upgrades you want to get, because you'll be receiving another 400 mech points and 10 character points to make the upgrades. You'll get a chance for a few posts for each of the three days.  I'll explain in game the situation when we get to that point.
- a friend

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Undercov3rL0ver

Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

sarge already has everything he just needs lots of fine tuning

DigitLninja

I need Active Camouflage, and to get my Mech's main weapons up and running... but before any of that I need a hidden location for Helios to park the Demon's Cascade for three days away from military surveillance.
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

Cmpuncle, you can use those 400 points to "tune" the performance. 

don't worry about hiding it away. As I said before, the station considers you a hero because you declared they were under your protection, so the forgotten will gladly grant you asylum and help with the upgrades. I'll state that IC either later tonight or tomorrow morning, most likely in the morning. Getting ready for work at the moment.
- a friend

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

that was my intention but what I think Imma do is say that each time we're given points for upgrades, Sarge's stats simply go up by a predetermined amount as soon as Tanr is able to get somewhere to send the performance diagnostics to Bob, and in return receive data for tuning from Bob.  That includes health, weapon damage, etc...  Basically anything capped by the Experimental Performance flaw, although I guess some of those tune-ups would probably bring out better abilities as well, ok so I guess some of the pointys will go to abilities, but the majority will probably just disappear into the "tune-ups" category.

cmpuncle

holy crap I forgot that Kelly my older step-sister is due today!

Undercov3rL0ver

Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

as of 7 this morning she's back at the hospital, and dilated, so it may be coming soon.

Saikotsu

- a friend

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

as of 7:02 today my nephew, James Maverick has emerged into the world via c-section at a whopping 9 lbs 7 oz!

and no rumplestiltskin he is NOT for sale.....

DigitLninja

damn... looks like I'll have to wait till prom to make my favorite sandwich... *sighs*
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

"Fine, I'll go over and try to wake him up. However, if I die, I'd like you to write on my grave that I died doing what I loved. Eating babies."
-Rinna Cooper
- a friend

cmpuncle

....you guys are terrible.....

Oh I'll try to work out my next post tonight after work.....yeesh my ass still hurts from that fall

Saikotsu

holy crap, it's been nearly a week since I last posted!!!
- a friend

cmpuncle

yeah i kinda noticed that

Tanr and Sarge are in position for day 1.