Vampire the Masquerade CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING!}

Started by Jinxy, September 29, 2013, 01:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder13

Quote from: Jinxy on October 04, 2013, 10:19:47 PM
Who am I waiting for?
Can I get a head count! Everyone raise you hand if you've finished you character sheets and sent them to me in some way!!

I've sent you the character stats, and I will have the background done soon. I actually have a couple of hours peace so that will help.

marauder13

Here we go, Jinxy, one Background belonging to the Nosferatu Primogen.

~||~

Background of Gerald Maxwell

DoB : 17 June 1960
DoD : 24 December 1986

Gerald was the only child of Steven and Mary Maxwell, mainly due to health issues during the pregnancy, his parents opted to play it safe and not risk Mary's health, or life, trying to have a second child. His father was a workaholic, and very results driven in his work as an engineer. Gerald's mother was a woman who never completed school, and felt that she was held back by her lack of formal education. Between the two, Gerald had a strong work ethic when it came to his school work. Due to his studious nature, his social skills we found to be lacking. As he grew older, he took to dealing with people as he would dealing with any other challenge, problem or issue – he was formal and straight to the point. If he had been tested, he would have been found to be a high functioning Autistic.

As he reached the end of high school, Gerald found out about computers, and the means of programming them to perform repetitive tasks. His grasp of mathematics made it easier for him to put together the algorithms and understand the logic involved. His further studies of the underlying hardware, or how the CPU processed the instructions revealed secrets on how to efficiently put together his code. He expanded this knowledge to other devices, such as disk drives, again to be able to use all manner of little tricks to make his work more robust.

He went to university, going into Computer Science like a fish to water, and at the end of his degree, he had a perfect academic record. Rather than going to work for a major corporation, he secured a couple of different personal computers and started developing software that would be useful on those platforms, while also doing maintenance work of mainframe and mini computers for other companies.

In his spare time, Gerald read up on APRPANET, and the technologies it relied on, and became very interested in the fledgling network. What he was unaware of was that there was someone else who saw the same potential but from a totally different angle. Gerald was contacted by a fellow enthusiast by the name of Gordon Trifeld. The two traded messages on bulletin boards, then private messages and emails before moving to phone conversations and finally meeting in person. Gerald was impressed by the intelligence of foresight Gordon showed concerning the technology, even though he confessed to finding the changes happening a little too fast for his liking and ability to keep up with. But in turn, Gordon was impressed with Gerald's abilities with computers, and listened raptly whenever Gordon went into details about what was of interest.

Gordon thanked Gerald by giving him a Christmas present; he embraced Gerald and brought him and his capabilities into the clan. Gerald came through the transformation in the early hours of Jan 1, 1987, and didn't know whether to be happy or pissed off.

Gerald took to his new condition easily, while maintaining his normal business operations with the exception of personal appearances and phone calls. But then, his talents were employed to assist the clan, as well as other kindred so his income didn't suffer from the change in his “sleep cycle”.

As he worked the information exchange in the same manner as the rest of his clan, he also learned a few tricks from other clans. In particular, he saw how the Ventrue worked in regard to their influence of the business community, and how they also arranged their control and financial aspects. Armed with this knowledge, he found a pair of companies and invested in them. Eventually, through his influence, the names of the companies changed, as well as the primary focus of the business models until they fitted his desires. Thus were Informed Sources, a market research company, and Secure Disposals, a waste management company for highly sensitive documentation, were formed. While his name, nor any alias of his shows up in the staff listings, he has ensured that he has access to the premises and their IT systems so he can make use of them at any time.

Gerald has a rare ability, in that his powers of Obfuscation work on any recording devices. He is aware of that ability, which he puts down to his deep knowledge of electronic devices, coupled with his unshakable belief that the same very knowledge allows to his mind to strengthen the vampiric power to fool equipment that other users of the power can't.

Gerald keeps himself up to date with the hardware as well as software tools available to make the machines work, as well as communicate. He still enjoys “coding on bare metal”, or using the CPU's own instruction set to create applications rather than use some higher level languages, but he will use those languages from time to time.

Given his generation, and his normal social activities, Gerald is not well known amongst the rank and file members of the Camarilla, but amongst his fellow Elders, his name and deeds are well known.

Jinxy

Yayy! *hugs!*

We should be started sunday! So look for the links here!

marauder13

Quote from: Jinxy on October 04, 2013, 11:22:53 PM
Yayy! *hugs!*

We should be started sunday! So look for the links here!

Sunday? We talking European (GMT) Sunday, American (GMT - 5 ~ 8) Sunday or lord forbid... on the real Sunday - that is for us folks at GMT + 10 a.k.a. Eastern Australia?

Just so I know when to start spamming the F5 key :)

Jinxy

marauder13

Quote from: Jinxy on October 04, 2013, 11:48:13 PM
Ummm...
lol.
Eastern US

No worries. I know when to start the F5 spamming then.

Not to mention the nagging gentle inquiries about the game. :D

Jinxy

Quote from: marauder13 on October 04, 2013, 11:58:37 PM
No worries. I know when to start the F5 spamming then.

Not to mention the nagging gentle inquiries about the game. :D

Good thing I am so nice huh!

marauder13

Re Z L

Quote from: Imogen on October 04, 2013, 04:22:06 PM
No hurries!

And the character is still domitor-less :-)

There's a preliminary sheet up here. Still need to write the background.

I'll send you a PM later  ;D
A&A

Marie Reynolds

Would there still be room for one more and has someone rogered up for Keeper of Elysium?

Wolfling72

*waves hello*

As for as I know? No one has ponied up to play the Keeper. We have a prime location, we have intel. We do not have an actual Keeper (My Malkavian Primogen would not have volunteered for that!) Maybe our grand and glorious Prince Jinxy!! will let you know?
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

marauder13

Quote from: Wolfling72 on October 05, 2013, 07:23:42 AM
*waves hello*

As for as I know? No one has ponied up to play the Keeper. We have a prime location, we have intel. We do not have an actual Keeper (My Malkavian Primogen would not have volunteered for that!) Maybe our grand and glorious Prince Jinxy!! will let you know?

This thread is being interrupted for this important "message"

*M13 leaps on the ever elusive Wolfling, tackling her to the floor and kissing her lots, groping her lots and generally enjoying her close company lots*

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Wolfling72

Quote from: marauder13 on October 05, 2013, 07:28:52 AM
This thread is being interrupted for this important "message"

*M13 leaps on the ever elusive Wolfling, tackling her to the floor and kissing her lots, groping her lots and generally enjoying her close company lots*

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

AHHH!

collapses in a pike of cinnamon boi whimpers and happiness. Nice to see you too, my friendly neighborhood patient male!!

ends hi jack with a kiss and a hug and a wave!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Imogen

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on October 05, 2013, 06:43:10 AM
Would there still be room for one more and has someone rogered up for Keeper of Elysium?

Maybe the non-primogen could jockey for that position IC? It would spark some roleplay and give the clans a goal to try and secure that prestigious position for their clan?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Wolfling72

Quote from: Imogen on October 05, 2013, 07:33:04 AM
Maybe the non-primogen could jockey for that position IC? It would spark some roleplay and give the clans a goal to try and secure that prestigious position for their clan?

That is an awesome idea!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

xya simi

"Be kind to dragons, for though art crunchy when toasted and taste good with ketchup."

Wolfling72

Me too! I have been quite patient and~ as my real world role playing group can tell you~ patience is not a virtue I am good at.

*bounces up and down*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Arion

I'm just about ready, just have to do the last of my extra credit work and I'm done.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

Imogen

As the only child of well known laywer Jeremiah Blackwood and his wife Mary-Louise LaVeau from New Orleans, Elise grew up in a relative wealthy environment. Used to getting her own way she refused to attend college after high school, which led to a temporary estrangement with her father. Her mother, more in tune with people's natures, encouraged Elise to find her own path which she found in the art of cooking. What started as indulging in exquisite comfort food for friends and family quickly grew into more than a hobby. She attended courses at the institute of culinary education in New York, but left when an internship at The London opened. She completed her education as a chef under tutelage of expert chefs and worked as a sous chef for various restaurants before she opened her own restaurant La Boheme.

Although Elise has had various boyfriends, her relationships tend to get stuck at the friendship level as she simply spends too much time on her work. Perhaps if she ever meets someone who can match her passion and drive, she may enjoy more than a fleeting affair or one-night-stand, but for now that's not in the cards. This is a cause of regret for her, but she accepts it as the price for her success. Sometimes, although not often, she misses having someone special and she hates being reminded of it. For that reason she enjoys working during the holiday season and she dislikes Valentines day, although La Boheme does serve a special lovers menu for Valentines. It's the only day when Elise isn't at La Boheme overseeing the kitchen.

As owner of her own business Elise has precious little spare time but what little she has is spent in the company of friends. She also enjoys some fame, not only as a chef, but also due to her guest starring in Masterchef. Her restaurant is best known for its french/spanish cuisine, with a hint of eccentric, gypsy flavor. Aside from her pursuits as a chef, Elise enjoys flirting, parties. As La Boheme has recently been awarded with a Michelin star, Elise is used to burning midnight oil, and she is used to a schedule of sleeping in the mornings, and getting ready for work near lunch time when La Boheme opens. Between lunch and dinner are her precious free hours, which are often spent with shopping.

The first impression of Elise is that of a shallow person who enjoys her fame. But those who see her now often forget the dedication, hard work and talent that brought Elise to her current fame. Underneath the pretty facade lays a strong-willed individual used to getting what she wants.

sheet: Elise

Information about domitor to be added.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Re Z L

Emilien Vespasien
The Wasp
10th Generation Ravnos

Background:
Born in Europe in the 1700s Emilien--or whatever his name was back in those days--lived as little more than a thief.  Part of a family of Romani in France, he earned his keep helping to perform long cons, or picking pockets.  They travelled, as was common for their people, mostly due to being unwanted in any city where they happened to stay near.  He grew to know the French countryside quite well, and the personalities of the different cities even better.

As if stealing wasn't vice enough, he quickly fell into a habit of gambling which, on more than one occasion, got him into plenty of trouble.  It wasn't uncommon to quickly leave a city after he'd run up just a little too much debt.  Luckily it was easy for him to hide.

When he had finally grown into a man, another Romani group set up their own camp not too far from theirs.  Whispers of Shilmulo spread through their own camp, though he did not know what it meant.  Eventually the curiosity got to him and he investigated the other camp under the cover of night.  Strangely the other camp had no large fire in the center to help keep warm, only the eery glow of oil lamps casting flickering shadows in every direction.  Before he even knew someone was there, a man with cool skin and a firm grip--like stone--took him by the wrist to see who he was.  With a quick tongue Emilien was able to abate the Shilmulo's suspicions and they got to talking for a short while before Emilien returned home.

Emilien began to run into the man from the previous night by coincidence throughout the city, though he didn't think too much about it.  They both seemed to travel in similar circles after all.  When he'd gotten into trouble gambling once again it was an even more welcome coincidence that the Shilmulo appeared to help him escape.  It was then that he explained to Emilien what the Shilmulo were and offered him the opportunity to join the family of Ravnos.

Immortality, at any price, is a difficult offer to pass by.

He appeared within Kindred society off and on over the next few decades until he decided that Europe had become to inimical to his presence.  Luckily for him the country of America had proclaimed rebellion against its former European masters and offered a new land to explore.

As an immigrant in New York he worked amongst the gangs attempting to seize control of the city.  Journeying to the south he found a new home in the French speaking communities, and a new culture that was slowly evolving.  Hiding in the countryside of the mid-west he found new places to explore and things that others would probably never see.  During the prohibition he supplied alcohol from Canada before moving to the South and helping spur on the creation of Moonshine (his own invention if you'd believe him).  Back to New York to control his own hidden gambling club.  Escaping to the heart of Cajun Land after being found out in New York.

Eventually he found his way back to New York during its rule by the Sabbat and fell in with them.  It wasn't that he felt that they were right, he just didn't want to be killed for being an independant in Sabbat territory--and he was quite fond of New York.  It took some work, but he managed to outmaneuver a Lasombra and took over her club called "Shadows".  Of course he sympathized with a number of Sabbat ideologies, but knew that their methods and goals weren't really very effective.  It didn't surprise him too much when the Camarilla eventually came to oust the rebellious Kindred.

Maybe they knew he wasn't entirely convinced by the Sabbat, or maybe they just thought he was vulnerable.  The Camarilla eventually contacted him and he agreed to give them a hand, in secret, if they let him stay and join them when they moved into power.

Still alive and still owner of Shadows, Emilien still is untrusted by the Camarilla who now control the city, and he still expresses some sympathy towards certain Sabbat ideologies.  Its just a matter of time until someone decides he's lived out his usefulness, or until he's finally proven himself to the Camarilla.  Of course none of that really matters to him, he's having a grand time enjoying the chaos unfolding around him.

Personality:
Concerened primarily with his own well-being and whatever it is that amuses him at the time.  Just the same, he can be a particularly loyal companion to people he considers friends (or property).  Money isn't his real concern, if anything its just a means to an end.  A rogue, a liar, a gambler, he is easy to goad into challenges if one knows what buttons to push.  He has an even temper and doesn't back down easily from intimidation of any kind.  Willful and individualistic, he isn't concerned about the status quo, or what he's supposed to do as a member of any larger organization.

Appearance:
Olive-tan skin, russet colored hair, and dark eyes.  His hair is kept long, just over his shoulders, his face perpetually unshaven though with a thicker collection of stubble in the shape of the shadow of a goatee.  Fit and toned body, despite his lacadaisical attitude towards exercise and remaining fit--not that he has much to worry about as a Vampire.  Just under six feet tall, he still seems to command a certain presence which makes him difficult to miss.

Quote:
"Care t' make a wager on that, frère?"

Kinks:
See "My Role Play Preferences"
A&A

Jinxy

Love it! Approved!
Both of you! I might be able to start us off tonight!

AndyZ

Already got someone for Cat Scratch, right?  Are all the Primogen roles taken?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Jinxy

Quote from: AndyZ on October 05, 2013, 05:45:09 PM
Already got someone for Cat Scratch, right?  Are all the Primogen roles taken?
Yes someone snagged the club already, but feel free to create a business
Nope not all pf them are.
Still need.
Gangrel,
Brujah
Ventrue,
Settie.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AndyZ