American Yakuza: Honor and Greed (Corporate America, Yakuza and GTA inspired).

Started by JackTheTipper, January 24, 2024, 08:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheTipper

American Yakuza: A Game of Honor and Greed.

Just wanted to run a tentative interest check for a concept I had in mind.

Basically, the game would revolve around player characters being offered a position (or already occupying a position) at a prestigous corporate firm. The twist here being that everyone employed by the company has a criminal record. So... on the surface it's a legitimate business and operates as such, but there are divisions and cells within the company that occupy a rogue-like position, who operate very similarly to that of organized crime. The structure of the company is like any criminal or corporate organization, you have your executives at the top, middle management who occupy liaison positions and of course the entry level reps. The founder of the company is a renown Korean businessman (not to be confused with Samsung *wink*) with some dubious ties to the underworld.

So, essentially to work for the organization, you have to have some kind of dirt on your hands so to speak.  There are rules of course, this is a high-level operation so it functions much like other syndicates, you do what you're told, you respect your seniors, loyalty is everything and most importantly you honor the corporate code.

Players will function predominantly in a team setting accomplishing missions, teamwork will be a crucial element to the game, there will be heists, shakedowns, assassinations, rackeetering, business meetings, team building events, competitions, presentations, holiday parties, driveby shootings, etc.

I will require faceclaims for this game. AI is fine as long as it's semi-realistic, anime and cartoons would be a bit too much. This is very much a realistic game in tone and execution. There will also be a soft class system, so to speak.

Hitmen (Rogues). Thieves (Thief) Hackers (Mages) Gangsters (Fighter) Boxers/MMA (Monks).  Dealers (Chemist). Con-Artists (Bards). Pimps (Merchant)

A team should compromise a mix of classes to be most effective in missions. You're allowed to have at least 1 Major class followed by a Minor(secondary) Class.

Envious

Xurtan

Angie

I could be convinced. I'll keep an eye on this when I'm not actually playing Infinite Wealth...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

JackTheTipper

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

MightyMaiden

MetroFallout

Interested but as a veteran GTAO player on PC, I gotta ask about piloting. What class has that?

JackTheTipper

Quote from: MetroFallout on January 26, 2024, 02:22:13 AMInterested but as a veteran GTAO player on PC, I gotta ask about piloting. What class has that?
You mean getaway like a Getaway driver?

MetroFallout

Quote from: JackTheTipper on January 29, 2024, 09:16:28 PMYou mean getaway like a Getaway driver?
Among operation of other vehicles like boats, choppers and light aircraft (I'm assuming actual military equipment is out of the question unless you're willing to escalate that far).

Nowherewoman

Also somewhat interested- how large a character base were you looking at?
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

JackTheTipper

Quote from: Nowherewoman on February 06, 2024, 06:45:30 PMAlso somewhat interested- how large a character base were you looking at?
Enough to round out a 5 or 6 person team. If we get more I'll create additional teams, but 7 is what I'm looking for.

MetroFallout

Quote from: JackTheTipper on February 08, 2024, 08:02:26 PMEnough to round out a 5 or 6 person team. If we get more I'll create additional teams, but 7 is what I'm looking for.

So what's the word on piloting?

JackTheTipper

Quote from: MetroFallout on February 08, 2024, 08:19:05 PMSo what's the word on piloting?
It's a little more difficult to make a determination for that, because it fits the overall setting but it's so unique it requires a little more work, if you can propose a framework for how that would work, then I'm for it.

Mechanically, how would this class play? Gangster and Thief are pretty obvious. What kind of weapon and/or playstyle would the pilot fall under..? What kind of equips? light, medium, heavy, etc. I just need a general idea of how it functions in a classic DND kind of style.

MetroFallout

Quote from: JackTheTipper on February 09, 2024, 06:20:02 AMIt's a little more difficult to make a determination for that, because it fits the overall setting but it's so unique it requires a little more work, if you can propose a framework for how that would work, then I'm for it.

Mechanically, how would this class play? Gangster and Thief are pretty obvious. What kind of weapon and/or playstyle would the pilot fall under..? What kind of equips? light, medium, heavy, etc. I just need a general idea of how it functions in a classic DND kind of style.
I would imagine the pilot would be limited to less bulky weapons (for stowage on person in vehicle or in the vehicle compartments), equipment would be at most medium (i.e mostly soft body armour or smaller-sized plate carriers). Stuff like that. Their main thing would be bringing a vehicle to bear which may or may not be armed but is always at least decent cover against oncoming fire and is a way out of a situation.

MetroFallout

Sorvoe551

Question. How often would we rip our shirts off to fight buff men?