Gauging Interest - Star Wars Saga?

Started by Inerrant Lust, July 25, 2011, 02:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

No, it stays voluntary. You can choose to use it or not to. But if you do choose to use it, there is the chance of failure.

And the difficulty does scale... in a way. By doing less damage. :P In other words, showing restraint.

Using the saber one-handed and refraining from using damage-boosting powers. The cost being the effectiveness in the attack itself. Or making sure that your Use the Force roll can compensate.

Obviously, sparing someone with a whirly light blade of instant bisecting shouldn't be easy. Nor should it always be more practical.

Although it might make more sense for the DC to be altered by attack rolls...

Also, kckolbe; that's already how it is. Must excede both current HP and threshold.

kckolbe

Well, if you are going to kill them, does it matter if you sever an arm?  I guess I'm having trouble seeing the significance.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Inerrant Lust

Not quite...

Here's how Severing Strike works.

Bam. Damage Roll. Exceeds both current and threshold.
Without a lightsaber = Instant Death
With a lightsaber = Instant Death OR chance to sever.
Going with sever... roll Use the Force. Pass.
Damage is halved, thus usually not killing the target until your damage output is obscene... but conferring the related bonuses of not having fingers/feet. :P

kckolbe

So severing would be the more merciful choice, all things considered.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Inerrant Lust

In most cases, yes. But in the words of Mace Windu... "He's too dangerous to be left alive."

It all depends. ::)

In some cases, where you have to move and advance rapidly across a planet... do you really have the resources to drag around a few limbless POWs during an operation?  ;)

kckolbe

My point is that it doesn't seem much of an issue of dark side points.  Either way the guy who hit is fucked. 

Intro Thread

Inerrant Lust

Depends on how you look at it. :P

Against, say... an animal? Taking the leg off of a animal that's merely trying to eat you could be considered cruel, since it'll no longer be able to hunt effectively and may starve/merely be eaten by the bigger fish. :P

Inerrant Lust