CLOSED: Medieval Court RP

Started by Arlyn, March 28, 2009, 03:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arlyn

Setting: We'll have ourselves some fun with some old-fashioned RPing... I'd like to try a court-rp, so to speak.  King and queen (or emperor and empress, instead), knights, guards, other major and minor nobility.  I'd be happy to have different races involved: Humans, Elves (not Drow however, but dark elves would be fine), Lamia/Naga, Centaur, and others.  Magic would also be a good thing, coming in three simple methods: Natural (spellcasting as you may be familiar with it), Runic (where a runic tattoo or symbol is used to draw and focus power in specific manners) and Summoning (summoning a demon, creature, or other type of being to use their power).

Scene: The king/emperor has been bed-ridden for several months and this fact is weighing heavily upon the queen as the royal physicians and healers are seemingly powerless to rid the king of the illness.  Is there someone poisoning him in order to gain the throne, perhaps?  Or is the queen attempting to take control for herself?  Perhaps it is a plot to overthrow the monarchy/empire from within by way of the court sorcerer/sorceress.  Meanwhile, the knights are training new recruits to try and bolster their numbers and the borders of the land before a potential enemy can attack once the king's condition becomes confirmed by spies or the like.

Looking for: The rulers (I don't play very well as leading rulers), knights, maidens-in-waiting, guards, etc.  Yes, other-land type occupations such as ninjas are welcome here, as this would be a fantasy RP, but no freakin' Naruto ninjas, thank you (feel free to make one based off those characters if you want, but please keep in mind that this is at least more realistic than that setting is).  As for how many people I'm looking for, I think perhaps half a dozen people with characters (up to a maximum of a dozen characters, hopefully) would be a good way to start.  I've already attempted one group setting and lost control of it... So this'll be a second possibility.  I'm not sure about dealing with some sort of System to use, so I'd prefer to go with freeform for now.

Strangelildedgrl

I may be interested in the Queen/Empress....I can portray any race desired.  I actually have a decent idea of how court is to be held (i am a renaissance faire performer).

Arlyn

That would be great, honestly.  Although I like the idea, I'm not too knowledgeable about everything about the court (I have general knowledge at best).  As for race, I'd leave that for you to decide on, whatever you're most comfortable with or wish to try and challenge yourself with.

Strangelildedgrl

I would probably go with human natural magic...it may sound easy, but depending on who else decides to play, there could be lots of tension...  Hope more become interested!

Arlyn

I agree, on both the race and magic choice as well as the possibilities of tension.  I do hope there are more interested parties!

Skye2

well I can do a queens slave. Always need one to test your drink for poison~
on and offs

Naruto fan? Or just want to rp something...different?
http://hsnaruto.com/index.php

PreciousPetra

I have played as a Lady in the medieval era for the last two years. I think I could pull off a lady-in-waiting. Though this was done within the setting of Second Life so I am unable to direct you to samples of my RP style on line though I did notecard some which I could email you if you would like. Emmaline may also vouch for me as we have RP together in this setting in the past.

PM me if you would like to talk more. Thank you!

Aragem

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this :o

But any grabs for the princess/prince?  I'm willing to play either or both. 

Strangelildedgrl

*smirks* Ooooo...a servant and a lady in waiting?...and maybe an heir?  Oh, there's going to be some fun had here!

Silk

If a female knight is allowed i would like to play such a role, maybe basic knight or higher up on the leadership hierarchy. If that is not available i will also be happy to go with a servant girl.

Myrleena

I could be interested if there's a place for a shy, bookish court sorceress.

EDIT: Doh, wrote too fast.  Now that I'm thinking, shy, bookish, lesbian virgin court sorceress.

Arlyn

Wow, lots of ladies with an interest in the setting.  This makes me wonder if perhaps the queen could be in the middle of starting up a Matriarchy (or Queendom, if you prefer) or something.  If so, then there'd definitely be no issues with female knights or any of the sort.

Personally, I would be playing as either a low-end to middle-rank knight of the court.

So, here's what/who we've got so far:

Queen: Strangelildedgrl
Queen's Attendant/servant/slave: Skye
Prince/Princess: Aragem
Lady in waiting: PreciousPetra
Knight: Silk
Knight: Arlyn
Lesbian Court Sorceress: Myrleena

Probably should get a few more guys in here...

Myrleena

I should say that I am not too familiar with how courts work, thus the sorceress would be obsessive, and forget the rules far too often.  And be embarrassed and apologetic when it's pointed out.

PreciousPetra

Sounds great so far and yes come along guys we ladies promise to be good  :D

Myrleena

Says who?  Lesbian here!

Seriously, though, I wouldn't mind, even if the character might avoid them like the plague.

Aragem

Do you want either a prince or a princess?  I can handle two characters easily.  And would you want them to be twins or different ages?

Arlyn

Both would be interesting.  And different ages could be better, I think.

Rhoswen

Character:

From the Northern Valley of The Sun, the golden haired elf maiden comes. A skilled warrior, learned in the use of many weapons prefers her long spear. But she has been seen as late with short sword and bow. Before the court she has come, stands now in a forest green gown; with a silver crown that alights upon her head. Blue eyes that match the sky cannot hide her true born nobility. She walks with grace and purity that only the Elven kind posses.

I give you the Elf Princess Amarie.

Skills:

Spear
Bow
sword
knives

Spells of Nature - her natural elements of life as an elf -
water, air, earth, fire, plant, and animal over these there are limitations

In her understanding and use, she is very strong; but these things require a great deal of energy to incant them. She has been taught by the Nobles the ways to temporay (a few minutes at most as it is very exhausting to attempt) to create the illusion of invisibility by bending light. Each thing in nature has a price when used, requiring a great deal of her life force. The stronger the power the faster she will fade with each spell used. Recovery time lasting as long as it takes for to rest and rejuvenate.

Hithaear Annuieleni

Myrleena

Heh, and I just decided that my sorceress would be an eff too!

Sir Wolfgang

Arlyn,

If you're still looking, I would be interested in being a knight. Here's a basic bio for him; if you need more, let me know.

In the queen's court, there resides a knight of great courage and skill. His great deeds are known throughout the land, and tales of his skill are matched only by tales of his sexual encounters (none of which are true). His jet black hair is offset by his fair skin, and crystal blue eyes, and he possesses a silver-tipped tongue, capable of wooing even the most hostile of ladies. He is Sir Ettimere of Daengean.

Skills:

Sword
Bow

Spells:
Firecasting

Arlyn

Hm... Well, sounds fine to me (although saying he can woo even the most hostile of ladies is probably going overboard in a non-system game).  It'll be fun to see how the ladies react.

Myrleena

Well, we know one maiden that would turn him to ashes if he tried!

Sir Wolfgang

*Grins* Ettimere's not a player; far from it. The stories people have heard are greatly exaggerated, and he gets slightly nervous around women, often turning quite clumsy. The description was based primarily around the stories; in truth, he is extremely inexperienced in a sexual sense.

Myrleena

Heh, and my char (really must come up with a name soon) is likely to run in fright if she realizes that someone is flirting with her.

Jeramiahh

*ponders* I was pointed to this game by a friend, and I think I might just have to jump in, as a power-seeking courtier, a minor noble, out to gain a little more power through gossip, intrigue, and political backstabbing.

Or, given the heavy female population, sleeping my way to the top. >_>
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.