Writer's Block [Plot Bunnies Win]

Started by Autumn Sativus, November 09, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

"Welcome to the world of Writer's Block." A woman invites you into the building. It was created as a write-in haven for those participating in National Novel Writing Month. Ten authors have come together in the building to spend some time getting to know one another while working on their projects. Last year though, the authors who had written in this very building had all died in a what was called a freak unexplained accident. Tensions run high as the new group begins to meet each other. When the rumors start to surface, your hostess stops them with a tour of the building.

When you arrive in a group at the top of the stairs, the entrance to the private room halls, your hostess begins to speak. "Before you begin, you must decide who will act as the voice for all of you, who we will refer to as the Publisher."

"Please cast your vote for the Publisher now, you have 48 hours to decide. You may get to know one another and find your private rooms for yourselves, however you wish, now."

"Good luck on reaching your goal and have fun!"

Rules, Roles and Explanations

Players

• Aiden, Author
  • Beguile's Mistress, Mary Sue
  • fancyfictions, Author
  • Izu
  • James Moriarty, Journalist
  • Kendra, Author
  • Remiel
  • Ryven, Author
  • Starlequin
  • Valerian
Roles
  • Authors [1-2]
  • Journalist [1]
  • Poet [1]
  • Mary Sue [1]
  • Plot Bunny [1-2]
  • Albino [1]

Day 1
->Valerian is elected Publisher
Night 1
->The Plot Bunnies drove Ryven insane.
Day 2
->The Writer's vote fancyfictions, an author, out of the house.
Night 2
->The Plot Bunnies drove Kendra insane.
Day 3
->Beguile's Mistress, the Mary Sue, is taken out of the house.
Night 3
->The Plot Bunnies drove James Moriarty insane.
Day 4
->Aiden, and Author, is removed and the Plot Bunnies win the game.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Remiel

"I've gotten a paper cut or two before, but that is ridiculous," said Remiel, upon being informed of last year's grisly massacre.  He adjusted his glasses, checked that his supply of Red Bull and Mountain Dew was adequate, and flexed his writing fingers.

"I've worked with Valerian before, and I couldn't recommend anyone else more highly.  I think she'll do a great job as Publisher."

fancyfictions

Fancy spent a few moments looking over the rest of the group. She didn't know anyone and some of the others seemed to be old friends. She heard a gentleman with glasses and a considerable caffeine stash mention that he worked with another before.

Figuring she'd do well to pay attention to others who were more knowledgeable, Fancy smiled and chimed in. "I'm sure Valerian will do the job well. She has my vote."
Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James

Ryven

"Kendra," he said with a confidence in his voice.  "I know of her work, and I couldn't possibly see anyone else doing a better job."

James Moriarty

"An author with love for Frost will always guide my hand," he thoughtfully reflected, "and therefore I, too, shall cast my vote for Valerian."  With a sad look to Kendra, he added, "My dear, the scythe was just too terrifying."

Dragging his suitcase behind him, he ascended the stairs to the first bedroom on the right side of the long hall.  Breathless from the exertion, he sat on the bed, wondering what he might find to drink in this strange new place.

Kendra

Kendra follows the tour listening carefully to all that is said, the very thought of all those writers dying here the year before should cause her extreme worry but it is her desire to write that has her mind worked up and nothing else. There are some here she knows, authors of renown and new faces as well but all she greets with a smile none the less. As a publisher is asked to be named, she grins at Remiel who starts the ball rolling before others join in.

"Awww thank you" she says deeply touched that Ryven would suggest her, "I'm honoured truly I am but I vote for Valerian too, I just want to write."
She laughs at James' words and playfully sticks her tongue out.
"Considering that was for Halloween and it still scares you, then I commend my own choice of fancy dress."

Autumn Sativus

Votes for Publisher
  • [5]Valerian - Remiel, fancyfictions, James Moriarty, Kendra, Beguile's Mistress
  • [1]Kendra - Ryven
  • [1]Starlequin - Izu

Yet to Vote:
Aiden, Starlequin, Valerian
Us against the world

Izu

"Starlequin I believe will be an amazing choice for our publisher." Izu nodded as he moved to sit on top of the big suitcase he had dragged with himself, hugging on his laptops bag. His eyes scanned the place and nodded - it was definitely better than his condo in the city. Cleaner for sure. Hopefully the food was going to be good too.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Beguile's Mistress

"So many choices and such good ones, too,"  Beguiles muttered to herself as she strode into the hall and looked around.  "Some great writers, as well."  She had seen examples of their work in various places and nodded and smiled to any who caught her eye. 

"I'm going to vote my first choice and that would be Valerian.  She's experienced and knowledgeable and will be a wonderful publisher."  The skirt of her dark gray shirt waist swirled around her knees as she spun and located a work space where she could set up her laptop and get down to business.

Starlequin

Starlequin hauled his suitcase and travel trunk into the luxuriant room and dropped them in a corner, staggering a bit before straightening his gait and beelining for the bar. He nodded absently as the others cast their votes for who should function as their Publisher, and one name was clearly the front runner. Star gave his friend Izu a smile and wave, but shook his head in polite disagreement.

"I'm sorry, mon ami, but I'm not so sure I would be so fitting a candidate for such an honorable position. Why don't you take it, though? I've seen enough of your work, I'm quite confident you'd make an excellent Publisher! Yep, that settles it! I vote for Izu.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Aiden

Aiden had followed up the back looking around, his mind missing most of the talks of death and tragedy as played on his smartphone. He was dressed rather casually in a pair of jeans, a pair of boots and a white long sleeve cowboy shirt. "Publisher? More work?! Have fun Val (erian)" Aiden Chimes in before he goes to check out the rooms and calls "dib" on the biggest one!

Autumn Sativus

Votes for Publisher
  • [6]Valerian - Remiel, fancyfictions, James Moriarty, Kendra, Beguile's Mistress, Aiden
  • [1]Kendra - Ryven
  • [1]Starlequin - Izu
  • [1]Izu - Starlequin

Yet to Vote:
Valerian
Us against the world

Valerian

Startled and flattered to see so many votes cast for her, Val  smiles shyly at the gathered group.  "I'm honored that you all think so highly of me," she said, a little nervously.  "This is a big responsibility, of course, but I'll do my best, I promise."  Truthfully, she was beyond nervous at the idea of leading the group in any way, when there were all these dreadful rumors flying around and the chance of worse, but she would just have to do whatever she could to keep them all safe and writing.

"I'm sure that Kendra, though, would do very well as publisher," she added, before retreating to her own stack of notebooks and pens, preferring old-fashioned methods of writing at times herself.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn Sativus

Final Votes for Publisher
  • [6]Valerian - Remiel, fancyfictions, James Moriarty, Kendra, Beguile's Mistress, Aiden
  • [2]Kendra - Ryven, Valerian
  • [1]Starlequin - Izu
  • [1]Izu - Starlequin

And so it was decided that Valerian would lead the group to it's doom victory, completing the anthology on time for the Publishing House. Little did the Writer's know, though, that with night beginning to fall upon the house, things had potential to become strange and scary - and fast. The guide returns for a final count of the votes and confirms Valerian's new position as the Publisher. "Do be careful, you all know what happened here last year." she added a bit warily, almost as if she did not want to stay in the house herself. "If you all need anything, I will be in the suite at the very end of the hall, down there." she motioned toward the room. "Good luck! Get lots of writing done!"

And with that, they were left to themselves to socialize or get right to work as the hours of the first night came upon them.

Players

• Aiden
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • fancyfictions
  • Izu
  • James Moriarty
  • Kendra
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Starlequin
  • Valerian
Roles
  • Authors [4-5]
  • Journalist [1]
  • Poet [1]
  • Mary Sue [1]
  • Plot Bunny [1-2]
  • Albino [1]
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Morning dawns upon the house and the Writer's gather for breakfast where their guide meets them with grim news. "It appears that through the night, our friend Ryven wrote himself into insanity." she spoke quietly with the information. "We have investigated and found no evidence to show him as anything other than an Author." She plunked a large stack of papers onto the table. "If anyone wishes to read, this is the manuscript he was working on. We will not see him again this month, he is in safe hands at the Stronghold Psych Ward." She let them eat in peace and discuss the events at hand before returning.

"As you all must know by now, similar events occurred here last year. It appears that upon entry, some Writers become cursed with a rather evil version of muse capabilities. They cause other Writer's to write until they break. The only way to combat them is to try and discern who they are and have them removed from the building immediately. Please, consider everything you know about your acquaintances and then cast your vote for whom you believe may be responsible."

Players

• Aiden
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • fancyfictions
  • Izu
  • James Moriarty
  • Kendra
  • Remiel
  • Starlequin
  • Valerian
Roles
  • Authors [3-4]
  • Journalist [1]
  • Poet [1]
  • Mary Sue [1]
  • Plot Bunny [1-2]
  • Albino [1]
Us against the world

Kendra

Kendra swung her bag with her laptop over her shoulder and pushed her pen behind her ear, in her right hand was a leather bound notebook with a ton of notes. She had not slept a wink during the night and her blurred eyes had all the signs of a writer on the verge of that perfect novel that would set her in the writers hall of fame forever more. She used her laptop when she needed too, otherwise all her maddening ideas that just pounced on her when she least expected were jotted into her notebook. On reaching the breakfast table she discovered the tragic news of Ryven and gasped in disbelief. Her friend had gone mad and she had not even seen it coming. Berating herself was no good, she picked up the first chapter of his manuscript and read through it.

Kendra looked to the guide and took on board her words, evil version of muse capabilities huh?! She grew thoughtful and looked about her, Aiden was well known for his evil everything, wasn't he? Yet James Moriarty was the name of Sherlock Holmes arch enemy, how more evil could any person be. She hated pointing the finger and blaming people but found someone had to be the first to cast a vote, it may as well be her.
"James Moriarty" she murmured, replacing the first chapter to the table and taking up the next.

James Moriarty

Shuffling in from a restless night in front of the computer after one too many Red Bull and vodkas, carrying his completely innocent looking Kindle and very benign "I love daddy" mug from his devoted children, he sat down at the breakfast bar and listened in horror.  An author, driven mad, looney, cuckoo!  Shaking his head, he took out a flip over notebook and scrawled a few notes, looking suspiciously at those seated around him.

When he heard his name, he looked up in disbelief.  Arms spread plaintively, he addressed his accuser, "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!"  With a suspicious look around the table, his eyes alighted briefly back on Kendra (*sticks his tongue out*) and finally upon fancyfictions.  "My vote's for this one -- what crimes lie lurking within that blackest of hearts, hmm!?"

Remiel

Remiel appeared at the breakfast table, wearing a bathrobe and bunny slippers, his hair sticking out in several directions.  He seemed half-asleep as he yawned and stretched, although the news of Ryven did cause him to seem marginally more alert and wary.

"Authors driving other authors insane," he muttered darkly, shaking his head.  "You guys do know that NaNoWriMo isn't a contest, right? We don't get prizes for finishing first."

As for who could have done the deed to poor Rvyen, he hadn't a clue.  All he knew was that Ryven had supported Kendra for Publisher--a fact which could have profound implications, or it could mean nothing at all.  He naturally reached for his random number generator to tell him whom to vote for, as he usually did in these sorts of situations--but something made him hesitate. 

"I find it rather odd that Aiden hasn't weighed in by now," he mused.  "He's usually the first to vote."

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile's held a plate in one hand and a spoon laden with scrambled eggs in the other.  She had paused with the spoon on it's way to the plate at the sight of a grown man wearing bunny slippers.  Thank heaven, she thought, that her peacock blue robe and white silk gown were long enough to cover the fleecy lambkin slippers on her own slender feet.  Still, she couldn't help but snicker just a little.

The night had been a long one as the words seemed to flow from her fingers like water from a spring filling page after page of her laptop Word Document until KA-BLAM!  A sinkhole opened up a mile wide and swallowed her muse, her inspiration and her fire.  Now, it seemed she should be thankful for that sinkhole otherwise she might have ended up in Ryven's place. 

To protect themselves she and the others had to ferret out the rodent that had cause Ryven's descent into madness.  Thoughtfully, she returned to adding the eggs and some fruit to her plate, gathered up a napkin and fork and a glass of orange juice and headed to a table in the center of the room.

fancyfictions seems a likely choice to me," she said as she took her seat and speared a section of mandarin orange and slipped it between her rosy lips.

Autumn Sativus

Votes for Removal
  • [2]fancyfictions - James Moriarty, Beguile's Mistress
  • [1]Aiden - Remiel
  • [1]James Moriarty - Kendra
  • [1]Beguile's Mistress - Izu
  • [1]Remiel - fancyfictions

Yet to Vote
Aiden, Starlequin, Valerian
Us against the world

Izu

Izu smiled at Starlequin when the other man suggested he to become the Publisher, only shaking his head lightly. He wouldn't have been good at this position, but Val who ended up chosen was going to do a great job he was sure. Once they were done talking he headed to his room, needing some time to find it. He didn't bother with unpacking as it was going to be too bothersome to pack his belongings back in it at the end of the month. Of course he changed into a pair of comfortable cotton pjs before he took his laptop and started clicking around this one forum Elliquiy that was one of the main reasons for his lack of original stories for the past 2-3 years. Roleplaying was way too fun on there.

The night found him falling asleep with his laptop on his tummy. And when the morning came he was curled into a ball, the laptop on the bed next to him. It took him some time to stir up, get out of bed, take a shower and dress up for breakfast. Walking in the dining room with a yawn he paused and stared in shock at his house-mates at the news of Ryven's condition. "Did this really happen? I was looking forward to spending some time with Ry..." He murmured, worry in his voice as he sat down at one of the free chairs around the table. "BeMi, my dear, you cannot just say things like this so easily and eat at the same time." He looked at the woman across the table, grimacing a little. How could anyone have appetite when one of them had gone nuts over night?!

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

fancyfictions

Fancy wandered in to hear that a writer had gone mad during the night. She wasn't too surprised to hear this, considering the history of the house. She was sorry to hear it had happened to soon after they had arrived though.

She was taking a seat at the table when James Moriarty looked at her and pointed a finger.  Shaking her head, she looked about the room to see that others too had their suspicions about her. Fancy fidgeted nervously, "Why me and not," she shrugged and let her gaze fall on the sleepy looking man with the wild hair and a bathrobe, "Um, Remiel?" 

Really it could be anyone, but without some real proof, it was all just wild guesses.
Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James

Valerian

Joining the others at the table, Val's heart sank when she heard the news.  A poor, innocent author gone hopelessly mad -- and it had happened so quickly, before they could even settle in or learn anything about each other.  Now they all had to try to find the guilty party, which would be no easy task.  Already people were being forced to accuse without any real proof.  She could only hope that the house would not continue to live up to its reputation.

"Perhaps Beguile's Mistress knows something about what happened," she said, quietly.  She didn't quite agree with Izu's reasoning -- after all, they would all have to eat -- but she did seem perhaps a little too serene about it all.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

"I've learned over time and through bitter experience that starving oneself during times like this is never a good move.  Keeping a clear head and my senses fully functional is the best way to stay one step ahead of anything that would be out downfall."

Beguile's wondered if the accusations turned in her direction were meant as obfuscation or were sincere.  Meanwhile, she pulled a small notebook from her pocket and began making notes as she examined the faces of the others in the room.  Her agile mind was sorting fresh possibilities now that more of the guests had spoken.

Autumn Sativus

Votes for Removal
  • [2]fancyfictions - James Moriarty, Beguile's Mistress
  • [2]Beguile's Mistress - Izu, Valerian
  • [1]Aiden - Remiel
  • [1]James Moriarty - Kendra
  • [1]Remiel - fancyfictions

Yet to Vote
Aiden, Starlequin
Us against the world