What are you listening to right now? (Part 1)

Started by Lirliel, May 17, 2005, 02:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Oneironaut

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Ixy

doom29169

doom29169

Quote from: Ixy on May 02, 2007, 08:11:27 AM
Good song... he so clearly expresses an utter revulsion for the self-sustaining pseudoculture of LA and, moreover, our pathetic obsession with it... "f--- L. Ron Hubbard and f--- all his clones... f-- all these gun-toting, hip-gangster wannabes..."

I really like his work with A Perfect Circle... not sure if he writes the lyrics for that group, but I'd imagine so... except, of course E-Motive which is all covers.  There's something about his voice, too-- its so clear and youthful, but so smoothly transitions to jaded, primal, and molten.

Eeeeh.  Sorry, rambling.  I've got Thirteenth Step and Mer de Noms on my mp3 player at the moment, among many other things... at the moment, I'm hearing Prodigy, "Diesel Power". 

Thanks. I have pretty eclectic tasts in music, as you can see. Another fabulouse Lyricist is John Popper of Blues Traveler and the John Popper Project. One of my all time favorite songs is "The Mountains Win Again,"

"I took all my smiles/put 'em in my pocket/hold it for a while/try not to have to drop it.
Men are not to cry/ but how am I to stop it/keep it all inside.
OOOO can you feel the pain/yea and it looks like rain again.
The mountains win again."

Another is Peter Paul & Mary "Puff the Magic Dragon." I heard that song the other day and...well lets just say I couldn't drive for a while.

Ixy

Quote from: doom29169 on May 04, 2007, 08:33:59 PM
Thanks. I have pretty eclectic tasts in music, as you can see. Another fabulouse Lyricist is John Popper of Blues Traveler and the John Popper Project. One of my all time favorite songs is "The Mountains Win Again,"

"I took all my smiles/put 'em in my pocket/hold it for a while/try not to have to drop it.
Men are not to cry/ but how am I to stop it/keep it all inside.
OOOO can you feel the pain/yea and it looks like rain again.
The mountains win again."

Another is Peter Paul & Mary "Puff the Magic Dragon." I heard that song the other day and...well lets just say I couldn't drive for a while.

I'm big on Nick Cave as far as lyrics go... amazing dark ballads, his original stuff.  And System of a Down for biting irony.  Yeah... fun stuff.

Currently "Machine Head," Bush.

Lirliel

Ixy

Lirliel

Amberghylles

Lirliel

Amberghylles

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

doom29169

Sorry, I like SotD's music but the lyrics are too political. I think Bands should shut the hell up about politics and sing about love, sex, drugs, rehab...stuff like that. I mean really you make music for a living you know nothing about the real wrld and how it works. IMHO

doom29169

That was for IXY

Incidentally right now:
A Mariachy Band, I dont know the name of the song, but its cool as Heck. Mariachies always get chicks...

Ixy

Yeah.  God forbid that they think, or make someone else think about stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I like mindless drivel too.

Aelroth

*fights hard against the urge to hijack the thread into a discussion with doom29169*

Phew, close one.

The Eels - Mr. Eels Beautiful Blues.

It's actually cloudy and raining here, but in my mind, listening to this song, goddamn right, it's a beautiful day.
My Ons and Offs; if you see anything you like, give me a PM.

doom29169

Aelroth

Feel free to start a new thread for this discussion, I welcome challenges to my opinions. I just think rock bands spewing their political opinions (be it left or right wing) is like verbal masterbation, it only makes you feel good about yourself. Its tantamount to Bill Clinton making a rock albumb because he can blow a saxaphone with the same skill as a 9th grade marching band member.

OK stepping down off the soap box.

MegaDeath - "Sweatin' Bullets"

Dave Mustane is another underappreciated lyricist.

Amberghylles

Hey if they set it to a catchy beat I'll listen to anyone's opinion and/or worldview no matter how wrong they are.  8)

Currently listening to Jonathon Coulton's cover of Bills, Bills, Bills

Next up: Radioactive by The Firm

Ixy

Kind of like posting one's opinions in a public forum, except in a fashion that requires a lot more effort?

Silverchair, "Tomorrow".

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Lirliel

Amberghylles

Mr. Bad Example by Warren Zevon  (I love this one... )

Next up: Du Hast (UK Version) by Rammstein