News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Red Hand of Doom] Chapter 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Started by Jeramiahh, October 15, 2009, 01:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alluistras

Aerynnel and Lakota

[Aerynnel uses Wild Shape to become a Brown Bear (large animal) 6 HD Speed 40 ft; Full Attack: 2 Claws 1d8, Bite 2d6, Improved Grab (ex) claw hit=free action grapple, no AoO; she gains +4 size bonus to strength, a -2 penalty to Dexterity, and a +4 natural armor bonus (New Stats: +11 attack, +7 dmg, 17 AC)]

Aerynnel inhaled sharply, closing her eyes. The air around her crackled with energy as she initiated the change. A fine mist surrounded her, and seconds later, out of the fog, a large brown bear emerged heading straight into the fray.

The bear let out a loud bestial roar as she ran toward the large group of hobgoblins that had surrounded the carriage.  She moved just behind one of them and prepared for an assault.

Meanwhile, Lakota attempts to finish off the hellhound, snarling and biting at the beast. (Attack: 23, Damage: 11)

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I glare at the goblin and yell at him in infernal. "Get out, you nincompoop!"

((Casting Bull's Strength on Tahline))

Jeramiahh

Lyra moves into a flanking position, behind the hellhound, and delivers a sharp, painful stab to its flank, causing it to yelp in pain, and the wolf brings the hellish beast down, its corpse evaporating into a cloud of sulfur-smelling dust.

The sudden emergence of both the snake woman and the rather large bear spread confusion among the ranks, though the leader continues barking orders, as he counterattacks the woman who dared to injure him!

(The leader avoids the worst of the fire; the rest take full. The leader full-attacks Tahline, Nat 20(18 to confirm) and 23. 11(22) and 10)
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I gasp as he cuts me twice, trying to dance out of the way of the attack and failing as blood is drawn.  I glare at him, switching to the goblin tongue, "do you have ANY idea how hard it is to find proper demonhide in this world?!?"  I draw my sword leftward, feinting a low cut, then twisting upward, thrusting towards his chest.

((Feint:  26, attack: 25, base damage: 9, sneak attack: 8))
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Jeramiahh

"Demon? Ha! You should come work for us, then!" He gives an almost lecherous grin, cocking his head, obviously willing to take her surrender.

The hell hound crashes against the opposite door to the carriage, breaking it down, and snarling at Caline, savagely. The three hobgoblins on the leader's side rush to attack the bear that has suddenly appeared, stabbing at it, while the other three hurry around the carriage, to confront the snake woman.

(3 attacks vs each. To Aerynnel, 23, 22, 18 to hit, 4, 5, 5 damage. To Martel, 16, 13, and 8 to hit, 8, 9, 3 damage, respectively.)
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Faeylin

OOC: Lyra heads back towards the carriage, choosing to assist the snake woman. She circles around the hobgoblins that have descended on her serpentine companion, so that they have to fight on two fronts. She makes a single attack against the most convenient foe. ((9 [1d20 roll] + 12 [base] = 2 [Flanking?] = 21 or 23 Flanking; 3 [1d4 base] + 15 [3d6 SA] = 3 or 18 Flanking))

Lyra

The battle seemed to be going better now, and it wouldn't hurt Lyra to be on the winning side. Even if she didn't stay in their company long, by helping she could probably gain something. A meal, some news...maybe one of her new friends might just be her type.

It had been weeks since she'd had someone to play with, and that old, constant hunger had been demanding satisfaction. Enjoy the fighting, Lyra. It was nice, sinking your blade into the meat of that demon hound, wasn't it? The truth was that it really wasn't. She wanted time alone with a playmate. She wanted to draw things out, to enjoy the intimacy that came with a last breath. Later. Time for that later. Have to survive this first.

As she circled the hobgoblins that attacked the serpent-woman, Lyra smiled brightly, her face full of warmth and confidence. "Don't worry, I'll help you," she called out. Lyra out in the world was much different from the creature that lived within. She had no doubts that she was convincing. By the time this was over, she'd be covered in beautiful, crimson blood and they would be thanking the girl for her aid. Lyra slashed out with enthusiasm at one of the bestial humanoids moving in on Martel.
"Come into my parlor," said the spider, ever sly.
"I have these sexy, long legs, and I'd love to suck you dry!"

Ons & Offs - My Idea Thread [F/F]

Alluistras

Aerynnel and Lakota

Having dealt with the first demon dog, Lakota charged the second one, biting at its hind legs viciously. (Attack: Nat. 20 and 22 (confirm), Damage: 12 + 8= 20)

Using her teeth and claws, Aerynnel attacks the hobgoblin in front of her. (Full attack, 2 claws, 1 bite, 30, 18, 22, Damage: 14, 15, and 19)

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I swear at the hound in front of me, drawing my sword to attack the beast as I attempt to cast a spell on both my sister and I.

((Casting Defensively DC 21, 14+12=26, Casting Haste on Tahline and herself.))

DreadD

Martel frown as the first of the blades scraped along her flesh, leaving a scrape, but doing no actual harm, failing to her tough skin, while the second blade seemed to strike some sort of invisible protection around her.  She half laughed as she easily pulled her torso away from the third's thrust, slithering back five feet from her opponents, her smile widening.

"My my, aren't you a clever group?  Trying to surround a woman you can't even damage.  I fear I have little more than cold comfort for you, though..."

She exhaled again, frigid air flowing outwards, a blast of potent frost expanding into a cone as it burst from her, just barely nicking the back of the carriage as it enveloped the three hobgoblins.  She had chosen the frost breath for just that reason, it seemed rude to set aflame the conveyance of one whom she was assisting, and one who, it seemed, was also assisting her.

(15 ft cone of frost, 14 damage, DC 20 Ref save for half)

Jeramiahh

Unfortunately for Lyra, the snakewoman is unarmed, and does not allow for flanking. She does hit, though, just a scratch.

The wolf comes up behind the hellhound, flanking it with the sorceress, ripping a large piece out of it.

While one of the claws misses, the savage mauling and bite easily drop one of the hobgoblins.

The wave of ice washes out, catching all three hobgoblins, dead on, shaking them to their cores.

The leader grins, repeating his offer, though he's immediately ready to attack, if Tahline turns him down.

(25 and 17 to hit, 7 and 12 damage.)

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I ponder the hobgoblins reply a moment, blinking a touch, having not expected his reply.  I relax slightly and nod to him, continuing in hobgoblin, "let me talk with my sister...call off your hound."  I turn my head slightly to catch a glimpse of Caline.  In celestial I comment to her, "they're offering us a chance to work for them...wait until they turn their backs?"

((Bluff:  30))

Ons and offs!
A&A

Jeramiahh

The hobgoblin leader pulls his weapons back, though still at the ready, barking a command in Goblin to the hellhound; it moves out of the carriage, turning to face the direwolf attacking it.
(13 to hit, 13 damage.)

The remaining hobgoblins continue their assault on the remaining three targets; two continue to assault the bear, two move to flank Lyra, and the remaining on charges Martel.

(Both miss Aerynnel, nat 20 (18 to confirm) and 16 to hit Lyra, and 15 to hit Martel. Damage is 5 (12) and 7 to Lyra, respectively, and 3 to Martel.)

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I pause, blinking and looking at my sister, replying in the same language, though I mix a few abyssal words in to get my points across. "What?  Why not play along for now?  And what in the fires of the Hells am I supposed to do about all of these people?!  I don't have any fireballs, sis!"

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I ponder for a second what she said before responding, "but...it would ruin my suave, debonair image!"
Ons and offs!
A&A

Faeylin

OOC: Lyra is going to take a five-foot step back, backing up against the carriage, so that she can't be flanked. Fighting Defensively and also using Combat Expertise to boost her AC (-4 Attack, +4 AC total mods)

Lyra

Lyra had to leap away from the snake woman's spell as she cast it. She barely dodged the blast of frost, pressing back against the carriage. From just nearby, she heard everything that was said between Tahline and the hobgoblin leader. Smart, but she just turned her back on us. If the rest of us don't get out of here quickly, we're going to get killed.

Her mind was cold, but out in the open, she reacted with obvious disgust. Lyra yelled "The people in the carriage aren't worth saving!" Now the three outside had more foes to face on their own . "They've joined with the hobgoblins to save their own skin, the scum. Let's leave them, now, before it's too late!"

A blade snuck in below the guard of her dagger, biting into the softness of her side. Lyra screamed as the wound went deep. "Please, we need to get out of here! Leave them! They're not worth saving!" Lyra almost took a second blow to the arm. Stumbling a bit, she backed up against the carriage, only focused on defending herself.

Alluistras

Aerynnel and Lakota

The hellhound turned on Lakota, her head went low as she snarled at the creature, teeth bared. The hellish thing attacked, but Lakota moved out of the way easily, striking out at the beast in return. (Attack: 17, Damage: 4)

Aerynnel roared at the Hobgoblins as she stood up on two legs, then came crashing down one of them with the full force of her attack. (Full attack: 16, 20, 20, Damage: 9, 10, 19)

DreadD

As the blade scraped along her tough hide, Martel smiled at the hobgoblin who had chosen to rush her.

"That was brave of you, I suppose..."

The serpent woman murmured, softly, running her tongue over her lips.

"But incredibly stupid."

She did not bother to incant her magic this time, rearing up on her tail, pulling her head back before exhaling ferociously, a jet of flame running over one who had assaulted her, and moving past to consume one of his companions as well.  Lyra had given her aid, she could show some common courtesy and send some back her way.

(12 fire damage, DC 20 )

Jeramiahh

Lyra steps away from her opponents, lashing out with her weapon, but failing to find purchase.

The wolf strikes again, further injuring the hellhound, while the bear savages a second hobgoblin, taking it down, as well.

Martel's fire successfully consumes both targets, leaving them rolling on the ground in agony, burning; only one foe remains, between the two of them.

The hobgoblin leader snarls at Tahline. "So, what is it?" he snaps, annoyed at their stalling.

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I look at the hobgoblin for a moment then glance in the direction of the voice just outside against the carriage.  What an ungracious...

I move, as if to sheath my blade as a sign of cooperation before 'slipping' with the blade, attempting to sheath the steel in his flesh.  "Sorry, but I won't work for someone I wouldn't fuck."

((Bluff (for feint): 28; Attack: 24; Damage: 9 base + 9 sneak attack))
Ons and offs!
A&A

Jeramiahh

Her blade finds purchase in the hobgoblin's flesh, sharply cutting his throat, dropping him, defeated.

The hellhound takes a step away from the carriage, now that its inhabitants have shown their true selves, breathing flames, in an attempt to engulf the wolf.

(5 damage, DC 14 reflex for half.)

The last standing hobgoblins raise their blades against the Aerynnel and Lyra, while the cleric who'd vanished earlier reappears, near Martel, invoking Hold Person on her.

(Martel: DC 14 Will or be paralyzed for 3 rounds. 13 to hit Aerynnel, 17 to hit Lyra, both of which, I assume, miss.)

Meanwhile, six more hobgoblins come streaming out of the woods, weapons raised angrily, near the side of the carriage with the hellhound, dueling the direwolf.

DreadD

Martel shrugged off the spell with a scowl.  She'd been put through much worse in her training, her mastering of the powers she now wielded, and this...  Hobgoblin was much less adequate than her teacher.  She smiled at it softly.

"Well now, I might only know a few tricks, but it seems this one is better than yours."

She said, with a grin splashed across her deep blue lips, pursing them as she exhaled flames upon the caster for having tried to ensorcel her.

(10+7 Will Save, 14 Fire Damage, DC 20)

Alluistras

Aerynnel and Lakota

Lakota easily dodges the flames from the hellhound and goes in for the kill. (Attack: 15, Damage: 11)

Aerynnel mauls the remaining hobgoblin in her reach, tearing into its flesh with tooth and claw. [Full attack: 14, 13, Nat 20 (19 confirm), Damage: 10, 10, 37(!)]

Faeylin

OOC: Lyra continues to use CE and Defensive Fighting. She attacks the hobgoblin near her, before she takes another 5-foot step around the carriage, so that she is not on the side that the hellhound and extra hobgoblins are on. [Attack: 16 to hit (10 Roll + 12 Mod - 6 CE/FD); Damage: 1; AC: 22]

Lyra watched as the hobgoblins fell all around her. Maybe it's over, she thought, her mind analyzing the situation. I'll have to make a big deal about them siding with the hobgoblins after we're through this. She skirmished with the final hobgoblin as she pondered things through. Every move was calculated, and though she made a weak lunge forward, Lyra was mostly just keeping the creature busy until one of her new-found companions could finish him off.

From the nearby woods, more hobgoblins streamed out towards the battle. Unforeseen but maybe not unfortunate. The bear and wolf seem quite capable. I don't need to present a target, though. I've bled enough to earn their trust. She guarded against another of the hobgoblins attacks, and the moment she found an opening, Lyra took it. Flattening her body against the wooden carriage, she spun around the corner and prepared to defend herself against the hobgoblin leader. One is better than six.

A fine mist of blood greeted her, spraying from the deep wound at the hobgoblin's neck. Tahline's rapier had pierced him, and Lyra found time standing still. Excellent form. Beautiful follow-through. And then those dainty droplets sprayed across Lyra's face and exposed neck. She shivered in pleasure, almost making a sound a of delight. Her mouth twisted into a smile for the briefest of moments, and she stared at Tahline and her kill with something akin to fascination in her eyes.

Lyra brought one hand up to her face, covering her smile; when it was gone, her face registered nothing but disgust. "Ugh!" she said. "First you side with them and now you're killing them? Thanks for covering me in gross, hobgoblin blood. Just who are you, anyway!" Lyra wasn't sure how she was going to play this one yet, but leaving them seemed out of the question now. For better or worse, they finally ended up on Lyra's side.

Do I even have a side? Maybe I'll show that one my dark side, someday soon, when things are quiet and she least suspects it. She's a killer. Beautiful. Dangerous. Lyra met so many people that she craved, but she didn't get to take them all. It was doubtful that she'd get to have Tahline either. By the time this day was through, they would all know her face too well. It wouldn't be safe to hunt the tiefling. Doesn't mean I can't daydream.

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I step past my sister, ignoring the woman who decided to abandon us, and then glare toward the hobgoblin mage.  At least, he looked like a mage to me, and I sprout claws and hiss out the words to a spell in abyssal, launching a trio of crimson darts at him.

((Magic Missile to the cleric, 2+5+5=12))

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I invoke the magic of my belt, channeling the energy it stores into myself to heal at least some of the damage the hobgoblin had inflicted.  With that I hop down out of the carriage and turn to look at the woman who had been yelling from outside about us not being worth saving.

My tail twitches back and forth gently as I land, every inch the classic, if somewhat demon tainted, adventurer, appearing almost as some daring swashbuckler of lore, fresh from fighting pirates on the sea.

I glare at her pointedly, "what the hells is your problem?  I was trying to distract him, you dumb bitch!  I thought maybe someone could take advantage of the moment."  I give a snort and mutter as I turn toward the rest of the combat, "side with them, indeed...what sort of adventurer would I be, then?"

((Bluff: 35; Sense Motive: 14;  she's...extending the truth a bit, but not outright lying, she really had no intention of switching sides...at least, not long term.  It would go against her persona.))
Ons and offs!
A&A