Deus Ex: Monstergirl Revolution

Started by ShadowFox89, February 06, 2013, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

The year is 2120CE. In the year 2086, an advancement in cybernetics, genetic engineering, as well as a refinement in the human understanding of the occult brought about a new species of being; the monstergirl. At first, these girls weren't even considered citizens. Claimed to lack an intelligence comparable to humans, they were used as sex toys, guards, and maids. Then, things changed when the first monstergirl-human children were born. The fact that they could produce viable children with humans meant they were given second class citizenry.

Becoming recognized citizens of the world didn't change much. In the modern countries, USA, the EU, Australia, monstergirls were given low paying jobs unless they took up positions as the concubines to the very rich. In most other countries, they do not even get the chance to work in anything but a position of sexual exploitation. Being immune to sexually transmitted diseases, they remain in their roles as guards, maids, or sex toys. Males born to monstergirl mothers have it easier. While they have some minor traits inherited from their mother, claws, fangs, catlike ears, they are still considered human and have every right that it entails, but also inherit the immunity to sexually transmitted diseases.

In this fast growing world of cybernetics and sorcery, there is one company that is a rising star. OphaniCorp, located in Chicago, Illinois, is one of the pioneers in cybernetics and sorcery, having an almost 75% hiring rate of monstergirls.

Alright, there's the fluff. Here's the crunch. Obviously, this game is going to be inspired by Deus Ex: Human Revolution. With monstergirls thrown in of course. I plan on using the Legend system, which you can find here. It is simple, it is easy, and outside of combat there will very few rolls needed to be made.

Level would be 6. Ability generation is your choice: 16, 14, 14, 12, 10, 10; 26 point buy; 5d6 6 times taking the top 3. You shouldn't have any odd numbers with your abilities.

And that's about all you need to make a character! I still haven't decided if I will be having this as a small group game (3-4 people) or a sandbox game. If sandbox, I'll need a co-GM or two to help keep me relatively sane.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Basic application sheet:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b] 16-34. First generation monstergirls are going to obviously be older, while the second generation of girls are going to be 16-18. Humans can be of any age 16 and up. Androids/Gynoids can be of any age.

[b]Race:[/b] Any type of monstergirl you can think of is applicable. Humans will obviously have the human race, and if you want to play an android, you will need to play a Sentient Construct.

[b]Class:[/b] Any class within the main PDF is available for use. If you would like to use homebrew material, please ask first.

[b]Background:[/b] Keep it long enough to be interesting but short enough to fill in blanks when needed. 2-3 paragraphs.

A note on the term Monstergirl: Although monstergirl is used throughout all posts referring to such, there are both male and female variants.

How a Monstergirl is made: First Generation monstergirls are created through an intense regiment of genetic engineering. This process is excruciating and often leaves the girl mentally broken with no will of their own. Almost all 1st gen girls have a series of chips planted in their body. One to track them anywhere in the world, another to monitor their vitals, and a third to overload the pleasure and pain centers of their brain, giving them intense pleasure or mindwracking pain.
2nd gen girls have it much easier. Most often, then are born from a human father and a monstergirl mother. However, there are a few born from a monstergirl father and human mother. In modernized countries, they receive a locator and monitoring chip, implanted in their bodies. Those born in third world countries or the slums or backwoods of modern countries are not so lucky. Sometimes, they are raised to loving parents. More often however, they are raised in groups for a single purpose and are never taught much outside of that.

More to come.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Hey, 89.  Saw this and immediately jumped onboard - though more for the Deus Ex than anything.  Do you mind if I re-use my character from the previous attempt at this type of story?  Or do you want me to re-work up the character again?

ShadowFox89

You are free to use your character from the previous story. I've got more fluff info I wanna type up, but that's mainly about sorcery and how it impacts the world.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Going to give my tentative interest, though one of my other RPs may force me to withdraw it, depending on how it goes. Having said that, is 'monstergirl' a single, uniform race, or are there different variations? Also, how monstrous are said monstergirls?

ShadowFox89

Well, to give you an idea of how they'd look: http://mjm202036.pbworks.com/w/page/8689470/Monster%20Girls%20Encyclopedia

Ignore the fluff for most of them, but that should give a good idea of how they appear.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

I'm in as well.  Might be a bit before I make my character, though, been busy lately.  I'll make a rogue of some sort, likely using their explosives track, but I haven't picked a race at all.  (She's definitely going to be a monstergirl, though.)

Datawych

Name: Belle. If she ever had a last name, it has been lost.

Race: Lamia (aquatic serpent subtype, capable of movement in water and on land) [First generation]

Appearance
Height: 5'2" (though measured from head to tail she's over 18 feet long)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green

Class: Sage

Background: Belle was originally human, but has been through such extensive trauma to transform her into what she is now that she no longer remembers. Her family had always had problems with money, so Belle agreed to be one of the first wave of test subjects that would become monstergirls in exchange for her family being taken care of. The last contact any of her family had with her was a note she left on the day she disappeared.

"I'm doing it because I don't see any other choice. You may never see me again, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. - Belle"

Now, as far as Belle is concerned, she's always been a Lamia, and will continue to be one forever. The intense genetic modification process has left her with an incredibly subdued personality; it is incredibly difficult for others to discern her mood, and she seems to experience neither highs nor lows. Despite this, she still feels her emotions incredibly acutely. The trauma of her transformation has simply left her unable to emote effectively. The only time Belle's mood changes noticeably is during sex acts, which makes it easy for those around her to make the assumption that she is completely content with her position as little more than a living sex toy.

Though submissive to anyone who asserts any degree of dominance over her, Belle's true loyalties lie with those who treat her best. She always does her best to protect those she cares about with her (primarily defensive) magic.

****Since she's a first gen monstergirl I'd be totally willing to make her a sort of live-in maid/sexual servant to another character, if someone's looking****

Personality: Belle's personality is incredibly flat, though anyone who spends time with her and pays enough attention will come to realize that it isn't exactly her fault. Originally objecting to being treated as less than human, Belle quickly came to accept this fact and learned to enjoy her position as a sexual object. However, sex will often leave her physically satisfied and emotionally numb, and others find figuring out what she is really thinking/feeling incredibly difficult when she is in this state.

Character Mechanic Stuff
Class: Sage
Sage's Wrath: Arcane Lore
Canto: Red Hymn
Space, Discontent: Lungbreaker

HP: 72

Speed: 65 ft

STR 14 (+2)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 18 (+4) [KDM]
INT 18 (+4) [KOM]
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 14 (+2)

Good Saves: Fortitude, Reflex

Feats: Wake (racial), Breakneck Pace, The Earth Cracks (30 ft tremorsense), The Sky Empties (30 ft teleport)

Skills: Arcana, Athletics, Diplomacy, Medicine, Nature, Vigor

Items:
Magelock Revolver: Ranged[Close], [Arcane][Brutal 3] (Spells deal 3 + 1 for every 2 levels), Greater weapon (+2 to attacks with spells), Drinking weapon (heal for half the damage dealt, to a maximum of level/2).

Alacrity Implant Package: Lesser Light Armor (+3 AC), Streamlined (+10 movement speed).

Vitality Equalizer: Burnished Phylactery (25 + 5 / level ft range)

I wasn't sure where else to put this, since there doesn't seem to be a good place to host character sheets. I used the 5d6 (keep 3), adjusting for odd-numbered ability scores.

UPDATE: Added ability scores, feats, and skills

ShadowFox89

Looks good. Something I forgot to clarify- First generation girls were initially human girls, who had their genetics altered into what they are now.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 09, 2013, 12:07:53 AM
Something I forgot to clarify- First generation girls were initially human girls, who had their genetics altered into what they are now.

Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why I made mention of her last name; she had one at one point, but it's been so long since anyone (including herself) cared what her last name was that it has been sort of forgotten.

ShadowFox89

Figured, but just wanted to make sure :)

If you need help making a background, PM me or I can be found on AIM.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Looks good Datawatch. Just one thing I want to note, is that you should still be capable of doing a job. Everyone is going to be part of OphaniCorp's primary security team, which will have them looking into the corporation's interests in locations around the world.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 11, 2013, 01:50:20 PM
You should still be capable of doing a job

I was planning on her being some type of medic or physician, since the magic she possesses is primarily focused on helping/protecting allies, rather than harming enemies.

ShadowFox89

Okay, just didn't want anyone to feel useless :)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

So, I'm thinking I'll make a catgirl rogue.  I like the explosives track for my offensive choice, not sure what defensive track to go with.  Or, I may start with another class and multiclass into the rogue explosives, not sure.  If anyone's got suggestions for multiclass options/feats/items, I'd like some input.

As for her background, I'm thinking along the lines of someone who was forced into being a sex slave pretty much from birth, being taught how to be a nice little girl while growing up and forced into sex as soon as she was old enough.  She managed to escape a few years later, and now goes from city to city, blasting her way into anywhere there's something worth stealing.

Not quite sure what she'll be like sexually, to be honest.  I'll think about it more later.

Anyway, the picture I want to use for her: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1796656

Sethala

Is there a place like plothook to host Legendary sheets?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

89?  I'm thinking of switching up one thing on my character sheet - one of her taken skills is History.  I'm thinking with the Deus Ex angle, I'd want to change that over to Engineering, since Medicine is already taken and I figure we'll run into a few bots along the way.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, looks interesting. Need study that document more thoroughly though.

Datawych

Question. If one of the options for ability scores is 5d6 (3), then wouldn't it be possible to have odd-numbered abilities? But you said we shouldn't have any odd ability scores.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, wonder same. Would 17 rounded up or down with 5d6 (keep 3)?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Datawych on February 14, 2013, 07:49:07 PM
Question. If one of the options for ability scores is 5d6 (3), then wouldn't it be possible to have odd-numbered abilities? But you said we shouldn't have any odd ability scores.

If you have an odd ability score from rolling, you make take 1 from that odd score and add it to the odd score to another roll. If you have an odd number of odd scores, then you should round down.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Also, since there aren't racial entries for various types of monstergirls (obviously), what should we do about racial ability score bonuses/penalties? Just don't worry about them and use the flat ability scores?

ShadowFox89

You can write one up if you feel you're up to it. Or use an existing race. Or just use human and not worry about it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 14, 2013, 09:01:43 PM
Or use an existing race.

Personally, I'd go with this.  What did you have in mind, Wych?

Datawych

Well, Lamia are supposed to be magically inclined, so I was thinking +2 Any mental, bonus feat a choice between wake and breakneck pace, and since she's an aquatic variant, the swim movement ability. If that would be alright.

Datawych

Edited my character sheet to have the most important bits of the Legend mechanics, though I do have one question. I noticed how similar Legend is to D&D, but I couldn't find clarification anywhere in the book. Sages are supposed to have 6 trained skills, but do you get more/less based on your INT modifier like in D&D? I assumed not, because there're definitely less available skills in the first place, but I'd like to be sure.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Ok, character sheet in progress:

Race: Wildborn (racial track)  Class: Rogue
Circles: Wildborn, Esoterica Radica, Assassin

Str: 10  +0
Dex: 20  +5
Con: 12  +1
Int: 10  +0
Wis: 14  +2
Cha: 14  +2

KOM: Dex
KDM: Wis

HP: 60

Speed: 35
Initiative: +5
Vision: Darkvision, Ghostsight 45 ft

Fort: 5 (4+1)
Reflex: 9 (4+5)
Will: 4 (2+2)

BAB: +4

Trained skills: Athletics, Stealth, Larceny, Intimidate, Bluff

Feats: Breakneck Pace, Deft Strike, Master Scout

Equipment: Tooth and Claw Natural Weapon - Greater Item (Custom, Energized-Electricity +4, Dancing)
Light Armor (I'll come up with theme later) - Lesser Item (Custom, Streamlined)

ShadowFox89

Looks good so far. I'll probably work up a sheet template.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Okay, for those interested in the game- Do you want to start knowing each other, or have a "cold" start, where no one knows anyone else until introduced?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

89?  Did I ever get you my character sheet for when we did the Noir game?  I ask because if you have it, and there's only one little change to it, then I probably won't bother with re-sending it.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

ShadowFox89

Link/post it here.

I would like a fluff write up first, though. That is more important than mechanics.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 16, 2013, 06:03:22 PM
Okay, for those interested in the game- Do you want to start knowing each other, or have a "cold" start, where no one knows anyone else until introduced?

Hm.. Well, I'm still unsure as to how Belle came to work for/at OphaniCorp. If she's been there for a while, it would probably make more sense that the others knew her, if only in passing.

I was thinking that she's in the service of someone in upper management, to be sent out as dictated, but I'm open to ideas as well.

ShadowFox89

Well, OphaniCorp is a "safe zone" for monster girls. They have all the rights as humans while under the employ of the company. This is due to the nature of the corporation, a company that manufactures monster girl items such as clothing, drugs, weapons, etc. as well as cybernetics.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Well, once I get char going I would not mind Belle may had been assigned to be assistant/maid/servant to my char (because of her personality). We can work together background and dynamic of their relationship. He is going to be human man who is connected to brass at OphaniCorp (somekind agent which multitasks in several stuff in company).

Sethala

Well, my character is definitely not the type to work at any sort of legitimate job, as she's got a fairly long criminal record.  Or at least would, if she were caught doing it (up to you how much people actually know about her illegal activities, Shadow).  She would be fine working for them as some sort of mercenary, however, especially if there's no actual records of it.

ShadowFox89

She'd probably be an "off the books" hire, paid in cash and items. She wouldn't be given a high clearance level within any of the OC facilities though, and if she ends up breaking any trust given... Well, let's just say there will be consequences.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Datawych

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 16, 2013, 10:48:36 PM
Well, once I get char going I would not mind Belle may had been assigned to be assistant/maid/servant to my char (because of her personality). We can work together background and dynamic of their relationship. He is going to be human man who is connected to brass at OphaniCorp (somekind agent which multitasks in several stuff in company).

I'd be alright with that. Anything (even small details) about their relationship that you already had in mind? Belle's incredibly realistic, so she's already accepted that she'll never been treated the same as a human would, so she's actually come to sort of expect it. Sort of the same thing for how she's viewed sexually; she's so used to being thought of as a sexual property, so she's rarely surprised when someone wants to use her that way. In fact, she's so used to it that she's unsure how to act around people who don't treat her this way, even to the point of having her feelings hurt when she isn't thought of this way. Being beautiful and sexually desirable are things that she kind of clings to, because they're basically the only things that make her feel special/useful.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char has symphaties for first gen monster girls who have abusive masters. As the monster girls literally sacrifice their freedoms to become enslaved freaks and top that with abusive life is way too harsh in his opinion.

But he adores what monster girls look like (most of them are hot/cute) and if treating them as property makes them happy he will treat them as such and give praises when they perform well (and honest feedback when they perform badly but does not go out beat them to educate but correct how they should behave or do).

With specific with Belle my char would had tried teach her accept that at occassion her masters may want please her or be nice to her because she is doing good job long time. As means know she is doing well and encourage her continue to do so. Example my char could give Belle rare occassion (as reward, not as standard treatment) a oiled massage and use oil which makes her scales all extra shiny (she likely uses scale treatment product but this oil has besides that function which makes her feel good also and horny). Or bring her out to dinner.

My char would of course use her regularly for sexual purposes whenever he feels for it (and he does so daily at least once). So he would be kind master for Belle and Belle would know her master has fondness for her and her specific services what she does. Up to you decide how she feels when Master gives her little rewards or gifts (rewards and gifts which benefit him too; example sexy lingerie is nice to wear for Belle but also eye candy for Master).

ReijiTabibito

Lindy's background was that she was an engineer of some sort before she monstergirled.  Once she did, she lost her job and found OphaniCorp, which I could imagine could use the skills of an engineer somewehre.

Or if monstergirling isn't spontaneous, she worked as one of OphaniCorps's engineers from the beginning.

ShadowFox89

@Zaer- If he thinks all monster girls need a master, I don't think your guy would stay working at OphaniCorp for long. Especially since the two owners of the company are a husband and wife duo of a sorcerer and a dragon-girl. Much of the world considers them slaves, yes. However in countries like the US, EU, and Australia they are considered citizens, though many see them the same way that a prostitute might be seen. In OphaniCorp they have equal rights as humans and are treated and viewed equally. All human employees are required to undergo a test and spend a 6 month trial period to see how they react around monster girls.

@Reiji- It isn't spontaneous, you either go through the transformation process or you are born as one.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Then she probably has been at OphaniCorp ever since she got her engineering degree.  I can't see her as the type to willingly go through a process that alienates you from the rest of humanity.  A very Adam Jensen-ish thing.

ShadowFox89

Maybe had to go through the process to save her life then, since the process would effectively "wipe clean" your body. So cancer and other terminal diseases would be gone.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

I'd be for that...except I don't know any terminal diseases that a nice girl like Lindy would get, barring random stuff like cancer or some sort of genetic thing that doesn't manifest until adulthood.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 17, 2013, 01:12:32 PM
@Zaer- If he thinks all monster girls need a master, I don't think your guy would stay working at OphaniCorp for long. Especially since the two owners of the company are a husband and wife duo of a sorcerer and a dragon-girl. Much of the world considers them slaves, yes. However in countries like the US, EU, and Australia they are considered citizens, though many see them the same way that a prostitute might be seen. In OphaniCorp they have equal rights as humans and are treated and viewed equally. All human employees are required to undergo a test and spend a 6 month trial period to see how they react around monster girls.

Ah, did not know that the OphaniCorp focus on rights and such. If you did it slipped off my mind while I read and read Belle's personality quirk :P. Oh well, his case he would treat all monster girls well but seeing Belle is incapable view herself as human being he would instead had taken her as her 'master' for her own well being and slowly work her self-worth back on with the rewards, gifts and genuine caring and bonding much as he can with her and hope someday she can see herself more than just a sex toy.

So he would had clarified with OphaniCorp the exact specifics about their relationship. She is not legally his slave as by law she is free human being and have free rights like any monster girl. But their sexual relationship is sub slave with dom master and they live in such lifestyle by freedom of choice (he choosing live by it to keep Belle happy and Belle choosing not view herself have any value as free monster girl).

ShadowFox89

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on February 17, 2013, 01:21:04 PM
I'd be for that...except I don't know any terminal diseases that a nice girl like Lindy would get, barring random stuff like cancer or some sort of genetic thing that doesn't manifest until adulthood.

Give her lung cancer or something. It doesn't have to be creative.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Leukemia?  Leukemia's still uncurable, right?

ShadowFox89

The process to cure it is so expensive that only the very rich can afford it. Or they get cybernetic lungs.

Comparatively, the monster-girl process can be done by a back alley doctor with access to the right equipment. The side effect is an increased libido though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 17, 2013, 01:23:29 PMSo he would had clarified with OphaniCorp the exact specifics about their relationship. She is not legally his slave as by law she is free human being and have free rights like any monster girl. But their sexual relationship is sub slave with dom master and they live in such lifestyle by freedom of choice (he choosing live by it to keep Belle happy and Belle choosing not view herself have any value as free monster girl).

I'd be alright with this. Because of her inability to express her emotions, the only way that Belle can really show anyone that she cares about them is to show them by doing things for them, which tends to result in most of her relationships seeming more like servant/master relationships than friendships. And since she has the increased libido typical of monstergirls, this causes difficulty in her relationships when her affection grows to the point where she is willing to submit to them sexually as well as socially. So she does it of her own will; she knows that while working for OC she has the same legal rights as a human, she just doesn't act anything like most humans.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, will work with that then :). My char would try slowly work her see more self-value in herself in more subtler ways (reward his pet and slave and appreciate her exchistence and try showcase her importance etc). So perhaps someday she would show some own feelings and opinions and he would encourage those moments to blossom if any.

But overall they are kind of 'couple' who has master and slave relationship and he had explained that he is not 'exploiting' her weakness or such. As Belle had been interviewed as well and seen she truly thinks herself as slave and so better for her that she has kind master than abusive one.

Anyways I take the setting is modern but with just sorcery/magic mixed in?

ShadowFox89

A bit into the future, a little over a hundred years. Full body cyborgs, genetic alterations (monster girls), flying cars, and realistic holograms are all possible. As are lasers and all that goodness.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

So possible there is laser tech handguns and laser blades? Just thinking statitics for those things and costs if any :P. Also how hacking or security jinxing is done and under what skill? Or can sorcery work (like Knock spell example) open electric security doors?

Just thinking how much Shadowrun setting sort situation we are running here.

ShadowFox89

Look through how Legend equipment is done :P

If you want a laser blade, take the Sage path that gives you an energy sword. Hacking is covered under Larceny.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Question: making custom magic (/high tech) items with Legend seems pretty easy/fluid, so are we encouraged to do that, or just use the premade ones?

ShadowFox89

You are encourage to create a high tech item if you wish.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Updated my character sheet with my items. If there's a problem with any of them, please let me know. My goal is to allow Belle to keep her allies safe, which she can do using lifelink and the healing from her magelock revolver/offensive spells, or using her defensive spells to heal them directly.

Sethala

I'm planning out items for my character now, and not quite sure what I want.  Since she's a catgirl rogue, I thought it might be fitting to use her claws as her weapon, using implants to justify extra bonuses from being "magic".  Or I might go with a more mundane weapon.  The Wildborn racial track does give me a natural weapon in the first circle (Melee, [Brutal 2], [Reacting]), so I might just stick with that unless someone else can give me a really awesome idea.

Sethala

So, I found an official (but not necessarily final) list of updates for 1.0, for class tracks: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1al7zT48phX6ahQcl9shKzuGXUFTgoud1EnhxRcVj5CE/edit?pli=1

Shadow, mind if I use the updated Assassin track?

ShadowFox89

Go for it. Hopefully this means v1 is close.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Datawych

Quote from: Sethala on February 18, 2013, 12:06:07 PM
So, I found an official (but not necessarily final) list of updates for 1.0, for class tracks: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1al7zT48phX6ahQcl9shKzuGXUFTgoud1EnhxRcVj5CE/edit?pli=1

Sweet, buff to Dread Wave and Hammerfall's AoE sizes. ;D

ShadowFox89

Still waiting to see sheets from Reiji and Zaer.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

I will do the sheet soon as I can, it's just that I am busy with school project which I need finished on thursday and it's massive -_-. Need read and type how many computers per contestant needs in massive event, read said contest last year end report for details and top of that visit my school website to read study material for the future projects which start hammer down in next month or so (this assignment is meant as graduation exam for datanome and with luck I may graduate 2 months earlier than rest from my class thanks earlier studies covering last 4 months completely off).

If curious I am working as staff member for Taitaja Kisat 2013. A major local contest between young profession students showcase their expertise and get medals (and most importantly; 100% quaranteed paid job once they graduate because there is heavy emphasis on expertise demand on students who attend in contest).

Sethala

So, for magic items, I'm going to use a custom greater weapon with Dancing (I can take two 5-foot steps in a turn instead of just one) and Energized (deal 4 extra electric damage on a hit), applying them to my natural attack from the Wildborn track.  I'm also going to use Streamlined armor as a lesser item, giving me +10 feet movement, but I need a second lesser item.  I didn't really see any that were very appealing, aside from giving me +2 to a stat, which is nice but kinda boring.  Any suggestions on what else I could use?

Also, since I'm using a natural weapon, I can still have a normal weapon equipped and get the benefits from both weapons (from both normal weapon properties, as well as magical properties, although most of them require I actually hit with the weapon in question to activate).  It's intended as part of what makes natural weapons worthwhile, but I can't really think of much theme behind it.

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Sir Renzo Shadevar

Race: Human

Background: Renzo, eversince his childhood he had got odd ability manipulate and control shadows around him. He was a orphan who lived in streets and was discovered by OphaniCorp agent who saw a child creating toys out from shadowstuff. He was recruited and raised by OphaniCorp's Orphan Foundation program. He was raised in facility along with rare few other kids, he was taught on organization ideals, goals and protocols. Overall he became a strict devoted agent of organization goals over time and quite charismatic and talented in using his shadow conjuration abilities to create tools and weapons whenever he need them. Not to mention his skills in diplomacy (and few aggressive negotiations) is noteworthy.

By organization's goals in mind Renzo had created image that good and justice is to seek egualisize rights of monster girls and remove them from second citizen status and improve their condittion in present society which shuns them and treats them like trash or worse. Treating them nothing more than freaks or sexual purposes. True that first generations were created specifically for that purpose but life has gone on and the monster girls should be seen with more egual to human women. Also if he discovers monster girls in distress, he will seek liberate them and send them to places where they have better life.

By his organizatin creed most his life is devoted to company and his goals, he cannot leave the company at all and it is part to all those raised by Orphan Foundation. He leaves company only in bodybag. Secondly his creed also dictates that he cannot never marry nor have relationship with human women nor men, as orphan foundation secondary goal was to make 'companions' for monster girls and human presentatives to help them adapt and adjust to society.

Because of this and his life where he mostly operated as solo agent he was then assigned as companion to one monster girls.....to Belle. She is unique case where whatever trauma she received upon transformation and after, she is completely submissive and refuses to adapt present expected social standard. So taking more unique approach Renzo had declared their relationship sexually active and one where they live full time as master and slave by both sided consent despite company's goal to drive people viewing monster girls as slave race. He reasons that if she cannot adapt then very least she will be attached as long term companion to him and hope she someday grows independant through slowly encouraging and growing her self-worth. If not, then achieve company's goal in simplest term; make Belle happy. As anyway forcing her live independly makes things worse and miserable for her and she seems genuinely happy with having a master to serve.

Company accepted this reasoning, but more than once Renzo had to explain himself to few colleaques who do not know his and Belle's situation which had led to some unintended confusions or suspicion company is hypocrite.

Mechanics

Character Mechanic Stuff
Class: Paladin (Judgement, Vigilante and Bastion tracks)

HP: 107

Speed: 40'ft (50'ft Vigilante armor on)

STR 15, DEX 12, CON 14, INT 13, WIS 13, CHA 15
Rounded, changed and level based bonuses to;

STR 16 [KOM]
DEX 14 [Ability 2]
CON 14
INT 12
WIS 12
CHA 20 [KDM] [Ability 1] [Racial +2]

Armor Class: 24 (25 with shadow sword)
Awareness: 21
Saves: Fort+12, Ref+8, Will+14
Immunities: Fear, Sickened (no need food/water)
BAB: +10/+5 [+1 racial]

Class Features: Knowing (30'ft), Mercy (1xencounter block 18pts dmg), Grace, Vigilante Armor (stats below), Brutal Kick, Shield (25'ft), Gauntlet

Feats:  Sun Grows Dim (racial), Shadow Blink, My Shadow Grows Long, Charm

Skills: Acrobatics+8, Bluff+11, Diplomacy+11, Intimidate+11, Perception+11

Items:
Shadow Dagger (made via Sun Grows Dim): Range: [Melee], 1d6+3, [Hold-Out], [Quick Draw], [Random Quality]
Vigilante Armor: [Light], [Lesser Item], [Streamlined]
Brutal Kick: Range: [Melee/Close], 1d6+13, 2x[Brutal], [Magnum, -3 DR]
Shadow Sword Range: [Melee/Close], 1d6+5, [Brutal], [Guardian], [Scything], [Magnum, -3 DR] [Greater Item], [Extradimensional], [Sophisticated]
Night Vision (Small Totem)
Tactical Field HUD Bracer (Map of the Master Strategist)

ReijiTabibito

89, are we definitely using the changes from that Misc Track doc that Sethala posted?  Do we need to?

ShadowFox89

You don't need to, but that's the stuff that's going to be in the new version, so you'll have to eventually.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Well, still waiting comment on about questions I had about chargen and any comments on my charsheet?

ShadowFox89

Full buy in means you gain the 1st circle and 2nd circle of a 4th track by multiclass, which can be from any other class or any non-racial track.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, but main question is that as 6th level do I have 'circles' only from Judgement line. Or can I have additional circles (like from track placed into Devotion spot and third track placed into Oaths).

Example; have tracks Judgement, Bastion and Vigilante (I thinked get Vigilante as my normal tracks via a feat) progressions same time? So that Judgement track is fast progressing one while Bastion is second quickest and Vigilante is slowest.

This above I was not sure what was the case (or is it universally only single track always). Anyways can I trade circle options gained via Full Buy-in for additional 'random' weapon features? So instead one self-selected feature I can choose 3 for my weapon? I was thinking that my guy depends entirely on his shadow crafting to get self-tailored weapons which can grow potent enough over time create relic quality weapons created from imagination.

If wanting some anime reference for how power could work; similar conjuring like Archer and Shirō Emiya from Fate Stay Night. I thinked get Vigilante track just for first circle ability alone to get custom tailored armor suit (which for thematic purpose could be created by Renzo's ability to conjure items and homonculi with shadows).

ShadowFox89

I'm not even sure how to answer that question with how badly the English was chopped up >.<'

List to me your class, the track you multiclassed into, and the full buy-in track. That should be 4 tracks, 2 from your class, and 2 non-racial tracks.

If you only have 3 tracks, you don't need full buy-in. That's only if you want a 4th track in exchange for a worse magic item progression. If you took vigilante, vigilante gains the track progression of whatever track it replaced. You said paladin with the Judgement track and Bastion for your Dedication, right?

That means Vigilante gains the progression of your Oath track. You get all the abilities of your tracks up to your level. So you get Knowing, Mercy, Grace, and the first two track abilities for each of the other tracks.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Ah! Thanks! That is what I wanted ask; do I get abilities from more than just one track. But I get abilities from Judgement + 2 other tracks what I chose (placed in Devotion and Oath progression paths).

Overall I thinked use a feat called Guild Association or whatever it was but I read it meant that because I belong to some Guild (or organization this case), I can replace any my class granted tracks with any track I want from other class or non-monster tracks (like Vigilante). So could place Vigilante to Oath track example when I normaly would not.

Anyways thanks confirming the full buy-in, I assumed I get one awesome magic weapon than just 4th track which I feel do not need. But question; can I upragde my weapon what I gain via Sun Grows Dim? When I would select new magic item, can I select upragde (or feature) added to weapon what I can summon? It had some rules regarding how upragde weapons and we could consider my weapon what I get via feat started out as mundane.

ShadowFox89

You might as well just multiclass, instead of taking the Guild Initiation feat. Guild Initation just lets you multiclass a second time.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

I think The Sun Grows Dim just lets you make a mundane weapon.  It can still be useful, as you get to pick any property whenever you summon it, but as far as I know it doesn't let you constantly make new magic items.  I'll see if I can get an answer for sure real quick, though.  (Edit: Just asked, yes, it's only mundane items.)

Depending on what you're going for with theme however, it's possible to get the Variable magic property on an item, which lets you replace any or all of its properties with new ones, or the Extradimensional property, which lets you instantly summon it to your hands no matter where it is.

ShadowFox89

It's only mundane items, so you cannot use one of your bound magic item slots with the items you make.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

*sigh*

There goes my concept then and need go back drawing board again. I wanted a cool shadow themed powers for my paladin which is not considered 'spells'. Conjuring mundane weapons from shadow was cool but it would be serious personal nerf if I never go and take a magical weapon. Perhaps tailor customed charm which expands on powers of The Sun Grows Dim to allow add additional properties and make items lesser magic in quality? Along with further upragdes to make greater item and then to relic.

Sethala

There's no reason your weapon can't be something summoned from shadows, though.  It just means that you can't use the feat to accomplish it.

The main thing is, what do you actually want from The Sun Grows Dim?  Magic weapons can have a bunch of extra properties added on (two points of properties if you have a greater magic item).  Do you just want to be able to create a weapon out of nothingness?  You can have a magic weapon with the Extradimensional property, which means you can instantly summon it to your hand, from anywhere, as a free action (which lets you hide it with no effort, as well as be effectively immune to disarm).  If you like the idea of a "morphing" weapon that can keep changing its function, Variable lets you do that (and will let you change all three of the properties, instead of forcing you to keep Hold-out and Quick-draw), although note that you can't change the weapon between melee or ranged; it has to stay as one or the other.

All of these can be themed however you want.  Extradimensional can just be the weapon popping out of hammerspace, it can be you reaching through a portal and pulling it out, or it can be formed from shadows.  Variable can be a mechanical weapon that's made out of different parts, or again it can be a shadow weapon that simply reforms itself however you want.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, so with greater magic item I could have greater magic weapon which has both variable and extradimensional qualities. Although I would need choose between a ranged or melee weapon this case and stick with it (until I get another greater magic item slot and could get another weapon meant for different range).

Overall I wanted able conjure any weapon from shadow which has variable qualities (and magic enchantments probably).

CarnivorousBunny

Are you still looking for monstergirls? I'm throwing in my tentative interest :)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, so far as I know there is still room.

ShadowFox89

Well, I'll be accepting around 4 people, but it isn't first come first serve.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

D'you have any idea when you'll be starting, yet?

CarnivorousBunny

Oh, I'm currently on a dive trip on the island of Palau, and the internet is pretty bad.  So IF the slots are not filled in the next 2-3 days, I'll make a profile.  If I don't get to join I hope you guys have fun :)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited my char now. He has as greater weapon a item called generic wise as 'shadow sword' and he can conjure items with his shadow conjuring ability (but have dagger listed none the less if he needs shadow conjured weapon for something). But he can conjure any mundane simple items (including sex toys like dildos, manacles, blindfolds). Also added he has as lesser item 'developed' a darkvision for himself. While having tech gadget in form of HUD tactical field map from bracer in his wrist.

Also as Vigilante he is able call streamlined light armor (a shadow armor) and he knows how do devastating singular attack kicks (while sword allows him do multiple attacks and it also got scything property so it's mostly means make multiple attacks). Also got feat which allows him deliver melee attacks in close range. He has Bastion track so all folks in 25'ft is able to block 18pts dmg from friend once per encounter as immediate action (and he himself has quite high perception and awareness).

ShadowFox89

I'll give it until, let's say Tuesday, then give a final check over the sheets.

Game will be going up the the Extreme section though, and please let me know of any offs that you don't want crossed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Ok, my character sheet's finished, but I can't remember how to upload it to the wiki...

ShadowFox89

Having a typed up sheet here will suffice.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

I'll give Bunny and Rez a few more days (let's say, Friday) to get profiles for characters together. Can't wait any longer than that.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Sethala

Ok, so some background planning for Tyalia:

Like many monstergirls, Tyalia never had the chance for a normal life.  She was a slave even since birth, trained in the ways of sex and pleasuring men and women as soon as she was old enough.  She was beautiful and skilled, two things that made her nearly irresistible, and she had a feisty attitude that many people would love to try and break.  As a result, she was sold many times, eventually being owned by a man named James Winston.

It is rarely a good idea to keep a wild animal for a pet however, and unfortunately for James, this is a lesson he learned the hard way.  One night, Tyalia managed to free herself, escaping his mansion after brutally murdering his wife, and horribly maiming James himself.  She fled before she could finish the job, James's other servants managing to save his life with the help of augmentations, though so far Tyalia has managed to elude her former owner.

Once free, she was dismayed to learn that while most countries considered monstergirls to be citizens, the people in them rarely agreed, often suppressing their rights and considering them little more than whores.  The large corporations were no help, of course, usually placing monstergirls in dangerous jobs where "normal people" didn't want to risk getting hurt, paying them as little as the law would allow.  Enraged, she went on a path of destruction, going from city to city destroying as much as she could to hurt those who take advantage of her people.  Eventually, her actions drew the eye of OphaniCorp after she destroyed a warehouse belonging to one of their major rivals.

She became an unofficial mercenary of the company, going after targets they selected in exchange for money and enahncements, the corporation paying to have her augmented with faster reflexes, as well as implanting sharp blades into her claws.  Further, they also created an AI guardian, named Molly, to watch over and protect her, as well as keep an eye on her for the company.  Despite Molly spying on her, she was mostly allowed to do as she pleased, the company deciding that allowing her complete autonomy would keep them unconnected from any crimes she committed.  While she is aware that Molly is watching her, that hasn't prevented her from doing whatever she pleases.

I'll do more on her personality later.

ReijiTabibito

89, if I'm too late, lemme know.

There's a couple things I need to edit based on Sethala's found 1.0 errata, but this is all accurate to the moment.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:Deus_Ex_Dragongal.pdf

EDITED.

ShadowFox89

Where's the sheet? And character information?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Edited my post with the sheet, and character info should be forthcoming...soon.  I hope.

ShadowFox89

Waiting for that bio information.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=167165.new#new

OOC is up. Please put your character in your first post there. I'll give a final okay then.
Call me Shadow
My A/A