Glow Numbers

Started by Prism, January 14, 2024, 03:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prism

Based on this thread here I have my own question: What do the numbers after a glow tag mean? I played with them a bit but I couldn't really see any difference. What do they do?

RedPhoenix

They used to affect the size and intensity of the glow on the old boards. I don't think they do anything anymore, but if you don't include them the glow doesn't work! At least, that's all I can figure!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Prism

Oniya

According to the SMF (Simple Machines Forum) documentation, the second parameter (the 2 in your example) is the width of the effect in pixels.  While the third parameter (where you have 300) is included, there doesn't seem to be an explanation of its purpose.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17