Infiltration

Started by Xanthaine, January 27, 2012, 03:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanthaine

In early 2030, the second cold war began, between the west as a general whole, and the Republic of China. It spawned several smaller wars, the first and second Kenyan wars, the war in Thailand, The third Gulf war and finally the climactic events across undecided Russia. In 2045, Russia reinstated the Soviet Union, in an initial bid to join Communist China's side of the war against the west, old tensions reigniting from the first Cold War. Eventually in 2053 the new USSR split into two factions, half of Russia and several outlying countries allied to China and the other half, Poland and the Ukraine allied to the west. Most of the events of the second cold war are whispered rumour, conjecture and heresy, but one campaign that makes it's run through the conspiracy websites was the fabled Russian Insurrection. A small team of soldiers 'apparently' infiltrated Eastern Russia, destroyed three bases and sabotaged weapons programs across the country... there was even a film based on the idea a few years ago.

Excerpt from 'www.coldconspiricies2.web' submitted by 'Dr Hans Somme'

Dear sir/madam
   You have been selected for a mission of paramount importance to the war. In Eastern Russia plans to develop weapons of mass destruction have been verified and through vigorous selection processes we have chanced upon your files. You have demonstrated your worth in the [information classified] theatre/s and your commendations speak for themselves. You are to be taken to the British Airforce base outside of Lancaster, there you will board a chopper bound for the border between West and East Russia, there to begin your mission. There are seven targets across Eastern Russia. Good luck.
         General Aloysius Durham, US Air Force.

Well, that's it... there is a plot arc, and I have several plot points lined up, so all aboard. :3 Just as a side note, please keep all nationalities realistic, no communist countries por favor... also please keep ranks below Captain, for obvious reasons.

Team needed:

Team leader – Xanthaine
Demolitions -
Sabotage and communications -
Marksman -
Engineering expert -
General troops – (No set number, just in case more people are interested.)

Name: Victoria Chance

Sexuality: Homosexual

Nationality: English

Team Position: Team Leader

Appearance: Also has her regimental symbol tattooed on her right bicep as well as a rose on her left hip.

Bio: Victoria Isabella Chance was born in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire to General Samson Chance and Gillian Chance, her father implementing a strict military discipline in the home, allowing Victoria an easy slide into British military life, she joined the Paras, where she quickly attained the rank of Lieutenant before being snapped up by the SAS during standard selection, where she served with distinction, from the first Kenyan theatre, where she took on leadership of the task force after the team leader was lost and single handedly saved the mission and the rest of the regiment. Her quick thinking averted accidental nuclear disaster in Thailand where she was offered the rank of Captain, the highest ranking female in the SAS. She finally proved her worth yet again in the second Kenyan war, taking control of an enemy base with just a single team due to clever tactics. Since then she has served admirably as an SAS tactician before being pulled into the new Russian theatre, where she intends to wrangle a promotion to Major.

Captain Chance is a reserved woman, often cold and aloof at first, though she has a deep respect for her team and will lead with grace and intuition so as to ensure that all of them make it home for their due promotions. Though the current mission is somewhat informal, she will  be addressed as Captain... until she knows the team better at least. She speaks with a rather upper class English accent and rarely raises her voice, the tone itself so commanding that often the lowest tones work better than louder ones anyway.

Other notes: Victoria has been trained in advanced driving, piloting and close quarters combat in several disciplines.

Belisuavious

Name: Richard "Ricky" Jones
Sexuality: Hetero
Nationality: Canadian
Team Position: General Trooper, can double as marksman for the long side of medium range
Appearence: 6'2, 195 pounds, and not much of that weight is wasted. Ricky has brown hair buzzed down to an inch long, and is clean shaven.
Bio: Ricky was a western farm boy, born and raised. Sixth of seven children, Ricky joined the army, specifically the Princess Patricia's Light Infantry Battalion, at the age of 18, driven by the twin factors of "all my friends joined" and "it's better than farming for the rest of my life". Ricky is fairly easy-going within the discipline of army life and always finds the energy to smile and crack a (usually lame) joke at whatever situation he and his comrades find themselves in.
So far he has missed the major wars due to his age, but he has been on a "peace-keeping" tour of sorts to keep the Western areas of the Gulf friendly. He was recommended for promotion after his unit was ambushed and the Lt. caught a round after standing up to try and get control of the situation. Ricky practically flowed into command as the senior NCO at the time, and the surviving members of his unit were able to not only hold off the insurgents but defeat them when Ricky led a trio of soldiers into a flanking position and caused the insurgents to panic and expose themselves to the fire from the rest of his unit. Instead of a promotion though, he recieved the mysterious letter from General Aloysius Durham.
Other: Ricky is a competent rifleman and excels at Hand to hand fighting, as well as is a decent scout/infiltrator.

Gideon

Name: Michael "Archangel" Tsouras
Sexuality: Straight
Nationality: American
Team Position: Marksman
Appearence: 5'9, 145 pounds, lean
Bio: By all accounts Michael shouldn't be anywhere near the frontlines. Being born to an upper middle class family in Texas, he could've gone to any college he so desired. Instead he defied the wishes of his parents, who before the end of high school paid him very little attention, and enlisted in his state's National Guard. Trained as a cavalry scout, he soon found himself deployed halfway across the world. He fought bravely, him and his unit often severing as a fire brigade to prevent breakthroughs. One day, while trying to retrieve a wounded comrade, Micheal caught a bullet to the chest, passing just above and left tohis heart. Laying there squirming he eventually passed out, and next thing he knew he was on a ship back to the states. Something died in Micheal that day, he became cold, rarely showing his emotions, which combined with his wound caused his girlfriend to break up with him.

No longer wishing to work with man people anymore he elected to go to sniper school after his wounds healed. There he proved to have an incredible natural talent for both accurate shooting and the art of stalking, graduating top of his class. pon graduation he returned to his unit, and on his next few deployments he proved himself to be better then even some of the best special forces snipers. Gradually he was chosen to go on special missions, including some with the Rangers and even one classified stint with Delta Force. When his second tour ended he returned to the states, expecting to be assigned some crap assignment as a Sniper School instructor, even though he wished to attened Ranger school instead. Things didn't work out that way as he recieved a mysterious letter from a General Aloysius Durham, but the orders were official and he found himself on a military flight to England.

Other:  Michael is an excellent shot, rumored to be one of the best in the world, and equally competent at his stealthcraft, making him an excellent scout.

Frelance

I am interested in making a character for  the Sabotage and communications slot but I would like to know what level of tech you want in this game before I start the character.
Evolution is an arms race

Lucifia

I'm interested in making a character for Engineer: I'll have to find a new pic though:P had this amazing one, but its oriental:P. I'm also wondering why there's no medic on your team:D? Care for one?

Sandra "Spark' Lee

Nationality: Canadian
Team Position: Engineer Expert/(Medic?)

Skills: Expert Engineer, (Medic), Hand to hand combat & sidearms

Background:
Sandra initially had no intention of entering military service. She began her career in her hometown of Toronto, working in her father's Garage. When the second cold war broke out, Sandra moved to work for the government's Engineering Faculty under General Electronics. However, her talent for deft fingers and quick workable fixes caused the military to recruit her for Engineering. Prior to the cold war, she also went through medical training in Trauma and Orthopaedics, her skilled hands making her adept at minor procedures.

Her first front line action occurred in South America while on a tour against rebel insurgents. The headquarter had been riddled with RPG and rocket fire, and the power generators along with the communications lines were destroyed. On a sudden stroke of genius (or insanity), Sandra had all the vehicles moved into the bunker, where she reworked the vehicle engines to produce power for the building, and linked the person-to-person radios to create a single radio with a much longer range. The building sustained power and communications long enough for support to arrive. This action caused her to gain the affectionate title of 'Mcguyver', though many may have questioned the safety of a petrol driven building under rocket and RPG fire.

As a fighter Sandra is better trained than the general rank and file of the military, but her lack of skill with any substantial weapon is obvious when compared to the other elites present. Her saving graces are her medical skill to bring a soldier back into service swiftly, and her engineering ability to make anything with moving parts potentially deadly. Her primary fighting skill is mainly with blades, but you know what they say about knives in a gun fight.

Personality:
Sandra is chirpy and bubbly, traits often frowned upon in the military. She genuinely cares about the troops she treats, and the well being of the company in general. While being very charismatic, she knows the value of discipline and tries to keep non-essential interaction for outside missions, how well she succeeds at this is up to opinion.
Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

Check out my RP request section and browse my best of' characters!

Also, Check out my Ons and Offs!

I also have an F-List!

Belisuavious

Quote from: Frelance on January 31, 2012, 10:41:34 PM
I am interested in making a character for  the Sabotage and communications slot but I would like to know what level of tech you want in this game before I start the character.

I don't want to put words into OP's mouth, but I think tech would be more advanced than current tech, but would also be a logical progression. So things like radios are still being used but maybe they're earbud and subvocalized throat attachments instead of handheld or helmet mounted.

Frelance

Quote from: Jecter on February 01, 2012, 12:19:59 AM
I don't want to put words into OP's mouth, but I think tech would be more advanced than current tech, but would also be a logical progression. So things like radios are still being used but maybe they're earbud and subvocalized throat attachments instead of handheld or helmet mounted.

I am assuming it is something close to that.
Evolution is an arms race

Glyph

Hey, I don't know if there's enough room for another straight male but if there is I've got a demoman.

Name: Benjamin "Splinter" Watts
Nationality: Australian
Team Position: Demolitions
Appearance: 5'10", 178 pounds, Benjamin is neither tall nor built and he has a thin pink scar on his left cheek from a bit of shrapnel. He has reddish brown hair and a prominent nose.

Bio: If you need something destroyed you call Benjamin. Born an only child in Brisbane and with two working parents Benjamin had a lot of time to himself as a child: this time was spent making makeshift fireworks and experimenting with household appliances. By the time he was eighteen he could make a pipe bomb with his eyes closed. Naturally such activities would warrant some unwanted attention, even more so when he accidentally blew up his own house. With the serious possibility of facing a long sentence he was offered the option of joining the army: an offer he readily accepted. Ben's prowess eventually helped flush out a group of terrorists holding the US embassy in Kyrgyzstan which caught the eye of General Durham, leading to his reception of the letter

Benjamin is prone to idle chatter and making challenges for himself, sometimes to the detriment of his concentration. His real skills lay with his innate abilities with demolition but he is also trained in weapon handling, advanced driving, and combat boxing.

Stan'

Name: Mikhail Vassily Kirechenko

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Nationality: (Western) Russian

Team Position: Rifleman/Linguistics

Bio: A Russian engineer who spent his early military days posted at a radio station in the Ural Mountains, Mikhail Kirechenko (one of three men stationed there) was initially forgotten about during the Russian separation.  It was by luck that a helicopter made an emergency landing close-by, and once it was repaired he hopped on board and made himself available for some frontline duties.  He was in the thick of it when the separation got ugly, fighting in various small skirmishes across the divided country.  The last one -- a battle south of Chelyabinsk -- got him noticed as a possible candidate for more secretive missions.  He wasn't the first choice, however.  A fellow comrade -- a Sgt. Zenobikov -- was the preferred soldier but he was killed in battle a week before he was due to fly to England.

Other: Being a Russian national (and with a lot of free time when he was at the radio station) he is fluent in both Russian and English -- something which should come in particularly handy on this mission.  Good infiltration skills, as well as being able to disrupt the enemy's organisation.  A half-decent shot with a rifle, he's probably more accurate throwing a grenade at a long-distance target than he is with a weapon.