Neko Hunt *recruiting* Hunters Needed

Started by Aragem, June 12, 2011, 08:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenent

I personally think it would be more fun to allow the Hunters to train the Nekos and show them capturing them. It would allow the Hunters to show their personalities through their capturing methods and show how each of the Nekos live before being taken in.

wolventears

I think a hunt would be a great way of introduction especially as to how the Nekos and Hunters act.
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

My yes please and not so much. ;)
And if you'd ever like to know why I was away for awhile

Elf

I agree I like the idea of first hunting than training our own prizes.

I have played more than character before and know how much work it can be, was only offering if it is needed. I prefer to concentrate on just one character.

Revenent

I've played with up to four or five characters at once before and not had a problem with it, but that may just be because I respond more frequently than most I've seen on here and am used to using a bunch of characters at once. I don't think more than on would be necessary in a setting like this, though, unless we need more of one category of character.

Zaer Darkwail

I would like also have hunt scene for nekos with the hunters and neko players :).

nishi

I dont think I will be able to play two characters at the time, but I am willing to try it if we are in need of Hunters.

And yes the hunting part seems very nice ;)

Aragem

Cool, then hunting is in then.  We'll start off with a group of hunters getting ready to go after scouted out Clan of Nekos.  Or they can go individually track down their chosen Neko.  We can go into detail about this later, but I am glad that players are interested in the hunt as I am.

Remember, Nekos have to be captures unharm.  It's okay if they get a little bruised, but shooting them in the leg to keep them from running will decrease their value due to bullet scars.  LOL

Revenent

So are we still planning on working out the hunter/neko duos/trios beforehand?

Elf

I think it would be best that way, but we may want to get our characters created before the pairings are set up.

Aragem

Go ahead and have in mind 1 character for now.  I'll post an outline for character sheets later tonight after work.  That way we can visually see who is a neko and who is a hunter.  Then you guys and set up your pairings.

Okay, here are my plans.  There are two sections that I want to write up.  One is for Nekos and the other is for Hunters.  Mostly background information to give players a better understanding of the game. 

Then, once that is done. I'll put up an outline for character sheets.  This is going to be a freeform game, so no need for dice rolling.  Just to let you know, pics will be required with Character Sheets.  If you are playing a Neko and there is a pic you like, but the subject doesn't have cat ears or tail, then you can post a second pic feature the ears and tail you like if you do not have access to photoshop to place them on your chosen pic. 

I am hoping the info I'll be writing soon will answer some questions or help in some way in creating characters.  But if you have questions, then I have answers.  Just put them in this thread because I'll post the answers here and it'll help others who may have the same questions. 

I am HOPING (no promises) that we can get the game started this Saturday.  But there is still a lot to do till then.  So please, bear with me, be patient, and be planning what sort of character you want to make.

Aragem

Tomorrow, I'll have up a character sheet thread and an OOC thread as well.  I would have them up tonight, but I am soo doggone tired. 

First, pics are required.  Secondly, don't PM character sheets to me or post them here.  Let's keep this thread clean for questions about the game.  Thirdly, though people have offered to play more than one character, for right now, just to see how many people are interested, please create only ONE character and post it tomorrow on the Character Sheet thread.  If we need more characters, then we can call on volunteers to help even things out.  I want to have everyone paired off with one Neko and one hunter to begin with. 

Here is an outline of the character sheet.

*pic*

Name:  (First and last name for Hunters.  Neko's don't have last names)

Species:  Neko/Hunter

Height and Weight:  (  You may add measurements if you want)

Personality:

Background:  (if you are a Neko, describe your character's life within his/her clan.  What was their place in the Clan and their attitudes toward humans?  And if you are a Hunter, what is his/her credentials?  Were they in the military or some underground mafia before they signed up with Lunar and why did they sign up with Lunar? )

Aragem

Okay, just posted the thread for character sheets.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110316.0

I'm hoping tonight I can get an OOC thread started and we can start taking a tally of the players.  Positions are limited.  I'm hoping to get at least six players, ten at the most.  If more players are needed or current players quit or leave, then we can accept more.

Remember, for right now one character per poster.  I don't want to get swamped by characters with few players and unable to have more players due to too many characters. 

nishi

how would nekos compare to humans psysically? bigger/smaller or the same in variation?

Aragem

Nekos could easily be as tall as an average person, but they would still be small in stature.  Let's just say you won't see a Neko with the build of pro wrestler.  A well built male Neko would have the same body type as Legolas from Lord of the Rings if that helps.  Or like the elves in Dragon Age if that gives you an idea.

wolventears

Character bio posted. and I have a question.

When we go to pair off hunter and neko, will we be able to talk amongst ourselves to decide that, or will you choose for us?
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

Revenent

I think it would be pretty unreasonable for her to decide for us, so I'm sure it's the former.

wolventears

nods but I just wanted to ask to be sure. It is her game.

Elf

Quote from: wolventears on June 15, 2011, 11:11:39 AM
Character bio posted. and I have a question.

When we go to pair off hunter and neko, will we be able to talk amongst ourselves to decide that, or will you choose for us?

I just checked the CS thread and didn't see your character. You might want to double check to see that it posted correctly.

wolventears

Yeah, stupid computer tripped out but it is up now.  :D

Elf

Saw it now, I think she looks good.

wolventears

Quote from: Elf on June 15, 2011, 11:30:51 AM
Saw it now, I think she looks good.

Thank you. I do particularly like you character as well. I am definately interested to see how he responds to the Nekos.

Elf

You're welcome and thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing how he responds to Nekos as well, as I have not planned that out fully yet.

Aragem

You guys will decide tonight I'll have the ooc thread with list of players and their characters.  Then as you guys tell me you pairings I will post those too.  That way we can see what we lack and what we need. 

Revenent

Do we have any more confirmed Hunters on the way, or is that pretty much it?

Haibane

Good question Revenent, it's looking like we have more kitties than hunters so I'll put my catboy aside for now and play a human, though she won't be a hunter, but she'll be out in the wild working with the neko clans. It could work out that she and your boy could interact.