Tif's Diner

Started by Tiffany1984, December 28, 2010, 05:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiffany1984

Tiffany had just come back from holidaying in France, she had been to visit her grandmother living it up in the sun. Wrapping her stained, greying pinny around her waiste and tucking a dish cloth in the pocket, she surveyed her little diner, sparce and empty, taking in the smell of the coffee beans and freshly cooked blueberry muffins. The walls their usual colour of off yellow holding rows upon rows of shelves storing all sorts of knick-knacks such as the garden gnome she was given as a student when she visited a pub for a meal and her order had been forgotten about, there was also an asortment of coffee flavours she had collected from her travels, all part of the character of the small corner cafe.
Getting herself out of her daydream she started to wipe down the counter before the first customer arrived.

Tiffany1984

THIS IS AN OPEN THREAD!  ;D

Polokiller

Noah walked in, the bell on the door ringing as he stepped over the threshold. He approached the counter, smiling warmly to the girl on the other side.
"What kinds of coffee do you have? I'm looking for a bit of a pick-me-up. I've been a bit down lately."
<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
"The one time I care, the one time j reach out to you, all you can do is sit there and watch me die! How could you?!"
"Because you never cared. You never will, demon."

grovercjuk

Mark flipped the PDA into sleep mode and dropped it into it’s holder as he turned off the engine. Climbing out of the van he set the alarm before heading for the café he had noticed a few times but had never bothered with.
But now he had finished his morning deliveries and dinner was defiantly on the menu.

Walking into the café it was pretty obvious by the bright red and yellow uniform covered with the company name that he was a delivery driver. Taking a look at the menu he smiled at the woman behind the bar, “Any chance of a ham sandwich and a cup of coffee?” 

Tiffany1984

The little bell rang on the shop door and Tiffany's first customer walked in. Stuffing her cloth back into her pinny and taking out her notepad, she smiled at the man and took his order.
"I can do irish coffee if you like?" she replied knowing that the whiskey in the coffee was always the perfect pick me up for herself.
Just then another gentleman came in and ordered a ham sandwhich and a cup of coffee. She tore off his order and placed it on a pin behind her on the shelf for the chef to pick up. "ONE HAM SANDWHICH!" she shouted then picked up a coffee mug and the coffee pot and returned to the counter to both gentlemen.
"Here you go..." she said pouring out the coffee..."Freshly made." she smiled. "Your sandwhich won't be a moment."

Polokiller

"That'd be great," he replied, a meek smile on his face.
<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
"The one time I care, the one time j reach out to you, all you can do is sit there and watch me die! How could you?!"
"Because you never cared. You never will, demon."

grovercjuk

“No rush, according to the radio the Blackwell bridge is snarled up again. Hopefully by the time I have had my dinner the police will have untangled it.” Mark smiled, “One can at least hope.”

He took the coffee, “Thanks.” The picking up a spoon he put in two sugars and stirred it. He looked at Tiffany, “You just taken over, only I have noticed that it has been closed for a week or two?”

Apraxia

He walked in just like any other customer. A jingle of doorbell the only sound to herald his entrance. He also looked just like any other customer-nothing too special. The location of Tif's Diner on the interstate made it the go to spot to nab a sandwich or piping hot cup of java for truckers, road trippers, the occasional stranger driving off to interesting places. He carried a duffel bag with him that swayed heavily as he strolled into the shop, seeking out the nearest barstool to the entrance. The shop was pretty small by coffee shop standards. You could call it a coffee stand and it'd probably be more accurate. He took a seat on one of the red upholsted barstools, the stainless steel pivot spinning him once, then twice before he set his elbows on the counter, nabbing the attention of the only person that mattered to him in the shop with a toss of his head. He eyed the cream colored name plate that jutted awkwardly from the womans left breast. He squinted for the barest of moments to read 'Tiffany'.

He didn't wait for her to get close. "Coffee. Black and keep 'em comin'." he said flatly, taking off his shades within the gloom of the diner despite the halogen lights. It was a blistering hot day and with no trees or greenery for miles either way, the diner was left to the mercy of baking in the sun. The air conditioning was nothing more than fart of cool air every once in a while, but it beat being outside. He raised the sleeve of his leather jacket to note the watch on his wrist, checking the time.

Kyp

Hand raging from the previous nights out, Ryan stepped of the bus line the was a block away from Tif's Diner. Aw, finally. A nice cup of Jack Daniels coffee with a breakfast platter will surely relieve some of this hangover. He thought to himself as squinted from the bright morning sun. Last night had been Fred's, his best friend of 15 years, last day in town. His was finally being deployed to Afghanistan so they partied it up like they use to do in their hay days of high school. Now, at the age of 26 year, they both went on separate paths. Ryan was going into Archaeology while Fred decided to go into the Marines.

Shaking off the sad though of potentially losing his best friend, Ryan entered the diner. Reading the sign that said seat yourself, looking around he found an empty half table that only sat two along the center isle. His hair was still a mess from the shower he had taken but his fresh body wash smell gave the intense smell of Irish Spring. His outfit consisted of a pair of wake-boarding shorts and a red fox shirt the wasn't too tight but let the definition of his muscle show a little. Waiting, he closed his eyes and relaxed, trying to ease the pain of this killer headache. I'm never drinking that much Fireball and Hurricane again! Mentally yelling at himself.