Sept of the Emerald Glade (Big Game) [Any Gender Players Wanted]

Started by Josietta, February 07, 2011, 01:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

A howl ripples through the dark as the wind whistles in the trees. The moonlight spills over the treeline to reveal a large stone like monument. Surrounding the stone figure are smaller boulders circling it in a ritualistic fashion. The light of a fire upon the mountainous region, a few miles south, is seen from a clearing in the sky. The black feather wings of a raven swoop down into the trees to spy upon a gathering of creatures. A group of individuals in varying styles of dress, settled around a large fire as a creature of myth and legend bounds through, leaping over the flames to glance around in a flash of fury and fangs. The figure is tall and covered in fur from head to toe. Its fingers elongated to end in vicious claws as its very canine like ears are slicked back. Another howl escapes and the others around the fire begin to change and howl in turn. The bones in their bodies cracking and shifting, as skin and sinew are pulled and extended. Finally a covering of fur sprouts out all over while a tail grows from their backsides and their ears extend, fingers elongating and their legs end in haunches of wolf men. They lift their heads back to howl in reply to the larger more dominate male in the middle.

The raven settles on a branch just watching with large topaz eyes. Its head tilts to the side as it listens and watches from the safe distance of the trees. The dancing begins as they chant and move about the fire in a circular very native fashion. It was a ritual of old, one passed down from generation to generation. The words were lost to those not familiar and the tone was gravelly and guttural with a feral intent punctuating parts to be recognized.

To the side the raven noticed a few younger human looking individuals who watched on in awe, listening and learning as the others moved with such fluidity and grace. The normal looking ones seemed to understand all being said and a few spoke in the same tongue, though in a more somber tone. Finally the one in the middle stopped and raised his long arms upward to the sky, glistening in his large palms was an urn in which the ashes were soon dusted around. A few growled words of wolven nature were spoken and the fires flickered and flamed upward toward the nights full moon. As the container emptied and the last of the ash was blown into the wind, they settled back away from the licking flames. All grew quiet and settled as they each slowly shifted back downward into a human form, sullen and at peace all at once. The one in the middle spoke in plain English as he lowered the now empty urn.

"May Gaia watch over us all and your honor and glory live on for eternity."

This is the World of Darkness.. the Werewolves Apocalypse. Be revered, be vigilant, and ever faithful of Gaia's touch on the world we live in. We exist.

This group game will be loosely based off of the old Werewolf: the Apocalypse game put out by White-Wolf.  If you are familiar with the setting and the game and you see something in this writeup that contradicts the setting that you know and love, this is not a mistake on our part.  It was likely intentional.  There have been some of the changes and other details that you should know about.  If you're not familiar with Werewolf: the Apocalypse, don't worry.  Experience with the canon setting is not necessary to enjoy this game.

The setting of this game will be a Caern called the Sept of the Emerald Glade in Washington State deep in the forests surrounding Mount Rainier.

There is no rank other than Elder.  You must earn the respect of your peers.  Only the most seasoned and venerable Garou are made "Elders" of their people. You will start as a Garou. To become an elder you must earn that in game.

Garou in this game do not have Gifts other than their Auspice powers, but they do excel at certain things.  Every character gets to choose 6 things that they have going for them.  For the sake of simplicity we're going to call them "powers".  Example:  Erik is a very accomplished fighter and has great strength.  That's two things.  He is also exceedingly attractive.  That's three things.  He possesses a fetish of great power.  That's 4 things.  He has also gone to medical school and is a qualified doctor.  That's the fifth thing.  Finally he is pure-blooded, something of great importance to Garou.  That's the sixth thing.  You could make a character that can shape shift more swiftly than normal, is very intelligent, has a spirit companion bound to her, knows a lot about the occult, has a powerful fetish and runs very fast.  Other examples might be the ability to partial shift, the ability to mimic noises with disturbing accuracy, and exceptionally sharp claws and teeth.

The only restriction is no Garou is immune to silver.

This game will be free form.  No stats per say.  If combat happens, write it out and come to an agreement over who wins via PMs.  It's all about the RP.

Below is the character sheet and a link to the OOC for further details on character creation and world info.

[b]Character "Sheet"[/b]

[b]Name: [/b]

[b]Deed Name:[/b]

[b]Age: [/b]

[b]Gender: [/b]

[b]Orientation:  [/b]

[b]Position:[/b] 

[b]Breed:[/b] 

[b]Auspice:[/b] 

[b]Tribe: [/b]

[b]Hair: [/b]

[b]Eyes:  [/b]

[b]Height: 
[/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]
Animal Appearance: [/b]

[b]Likes:[/b] 

[b]Dislikes: [/b]

[b]"Powers": [/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]History:  [/b]

Feel free to PM both me and LunarSage, or post in the OOC, with any interest in joining or further questions you may have. All character sheets must be PM'd for approval.

**** We are still receiving sheets for new characters. Any gender or non gender is welcome. 

Please PM any and all sheets to myself AND LunarSage.  The only stipulation on character creation is that we are not allowing any new cubs or lost cubs.

Your character must have already received a deed name and gone through their rite of passage. They could have just done so or they could have done so some time ago, either way is fine they just need to have done so.

Useful threads:

((EDIT: We are now located in NC: Exotic-Freeform Big Groups: Sept of the Emerald Glade and have our own form area. The key threads listed below are stickied at the top of the page))

Out of Character Thread

Game Info

Character Sheets

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Josietta

So far we have:

Amelia (character approved)
London (character approved)
Dart (interested)
Myself (GM)
Lunar (GM)
Aiden (interested)

We still have plenty of room and are open to any tribes listed in the Information thread. 

Again I have to stress that its FREEFORM and you don't have to know the system or the canon storylines to play. All of the basics are on the information thread and you can PM myself and Lunar anytime with questions!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Aiden

Confirming that, I am just so slow on making new characters!

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Senti

LunarSage

Sweet!  Feel free to ask us anything and once you feel you're ready just shoot us a character sheet via PM and we'll get it posted.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Aiden

Josietta

We have some good IC stuff started up now. This is a very laid back setting. There are a few links to the IC threads for those interested in seeing whats going on in the game. There's not any real plots starting up yet, we are trying to work in character intros and what not. There is still room for a couple more people if they want to join in. Its a good time to get started right now!

So far for characters we have:

Females:

Astrid played by Myself
Hildur played by Amelia
Luna played by Werewolf of London
Teagan played by Ixy

Males:

Erik played by LunarSage
Kaleb played by LunarSage
Larrin played by Dartimus
Donal played by Wraith
Corbin played by Aiden

We could always use another a female and another male.

I know we had an interest from Senti.

I need anyone who is interested to PM me and Lunar a character bio/sheet.

I know for those who have never played in werewolf games before the information can seem a little overwhelming at first, but we are here to help you. There are a few major rules for IC and character creation, everything else can be learned as you play. I could even suggest playing a fresh werewolf, one who is new to it all her/himself.

Anyway.. thats where we are right now! Look forward to seeing more players coming in!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Prakkie

Josietta

Yay!

I got your sheet Senti! Looks good we'll be posting it up today, in the meantime feel free to RP in one of the IC areas.

Prakkie> I answered your question in the OOC and I look forward to seeing your character!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Shadow879

Oh I'd definitely love to play this :)

Character sheet will be sent tomorrow. I'm going to bed, past midnight here :D
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

Josietta

Quote from: Shadow879 on February 15, 2011, 03:17:28 PM
Oh I'd definitely love to play this :)

Character sheet will be sent tomorrow. I'm going to bed, past midnight here :D

I look forward to seeing your sheet! Make sure you PM it to both Lunar and Myself. :)  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Black Orchid

I'm interested, I never played a were-wolf, but I have light experience as normal wolves, so I'll need some electrocuting into line. I'll have a character sheet filled out soon!
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

LunarSage

No worries at all.  If you'd like you can play as a "cub", ie a werewolf who is still learning about the ways of his or her people.  That might make it easier to start.  Whatever you'd like to do.

Josietta

I'll be accepting 2 more males in excess of those who have already expressed interest.  With the list below we currently have 12 PCs. We will be accepting the two males to even us out at 14. After that we will close up the character approvals. I think if we have more than 12 players it will get overloaded and overcrowded, over all. heh.  So yeah.

Players/Characters:

LunarSage - Erik  and Kaleb
Josietta - Astrid and Lacey
Amelia - Hildur
Wraith - Donal
WerewolfofLondon - Luna, Joseph
Ixy - Teagan (On RL Leave)
Dartimus - Larrin
Aiden - Corbin
Senti - Chased by Death
Shadow879 - Rosha
Prakkie -  Nikeraquen
Black Orchid - Chub (Player MIA)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kirinis

This seems like fun, I'll generate up a character sheet by the end of the day.

Kaisude

I will be making a cs as well. This seems like it's very interesting.

Josietta

I'm going to cut off sheets now.. I'll be looking for a sheet from you , Kir.  I got the others and people are getting replies via PM on that.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

We are reopening for new characters. We would prefer at least one female. Otherwise any gender or non gender is welcome. 

Please PM any and all sheets to myself AND LunarSage.  The only stipulation on character creation is that we are not allowing any new cubs or lost cubs.

Your character must have already received a deed name and gone through their rite of passage. They could have just done so or they could have done so some time ago, either way is fine they just need to have done so.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Alysanthia

I'm interested! I'll have a character ready by tonight most likely, if kinfolk are allowed that is... >.>

LunarSage

Josietta

We will have two new female characters joining us and are welcoming a couple others, male or female. I'll leave this open for up to two more interests before closing down recruitment again.

Again please PM both LunarSage and myself (Just CC one of us in) :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

ReijiTabibito

Okay, so...without a strict system in place, how exactly do things get resolved, if I may ask?

Altair1983