Ascended Wrestling Entertainment(Men and Women Wrestling league Still Accepting)

Started by Untamed Skies, August 22, 2017, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untamed Skies

Welcome to A.W.E.

Ascended Wrestling Entertainment takes place in a alternate universe where Kayfabe as we know it today is real. There is no higher calling in all of sports then Professional Wrestling. The competitors that fight, shed their blood and tears for the championship are viewed at as the greatest athletes in the world. Different Nations take pride in their professional wrestlers abilities, and those that are successful in professional wrestling can go on to have great influence after they retire. This is why The Devil "would send his favorite demon" to become a professional wrestler. There are no actors in this universe, just those larger then life personalities rising to the top and trying to cement themselves as the best, and be immortalized by their craft forever.

The setting I have in mind was partially inspired by the promotions for WWE2k17 last year that had all the WWE wrestlers living in Suplex City. So rather then traveling the world over, the A.W.E. would be centered specifically in the heart of Suplex City, save for small tours that it takes a few times a year to other countries in the world. The A.W.E. is the top promotion in the world, so prestigious that aspiring wrestlers the world over move to the city in order to try and make the cut. As a great man once said, "To be the man, you got to beat the man." And you'll only find "The Man" in the A.W.E.

Important Links
Accepted Wrestler Thread

Story details
The Story would basically be broken up into the individual feuds, alliances, betrayals, love, and everything else that takes place between the individual wrestlers. The overall goal of most in the company would be to win and hold onto the championship, and some pride themselves as honorable fighters, and others are willing to do whatever it takes to see their ends met. The feuds can become intensely personal, and everything gets settled in the ring. The goal would be to try and make sure everyone has a opportunity to shine so that no one is sitting with nothing to do.

Outside of the fights, centering it in Suplex City also gives us the entire city to work with rather then just arena by arena. So players would also be able to take their wrestler out into the city,  make friends with other aspiring wrestlers, find love, perhaps manage family, and deal with all the attention and prestige that comes with being  a A.W.E. wrestler.

Matches and Championships.
World A.W.E. Championship

I'd like to keep the system simple with the game, so what I have in mind is utilizing E's dicebot at the start of every match we'd have the opponents roll with a couple of modifiers going into it. After a winner has been declared through the dice, the opposing writers would then have the ability to create the narrative between the two of them about how the result would play out. We could also break the each match into 3 phases and do a best 2/3 rolls as each phase moves, but ideally I'd like the fights to have greater emphasis on the story then rolling after every move. Modifiers for a match would include
-match specialty=+2
-any injuries= -1 to 4 depending on severity)
-Main Event Status= +1
-Managers= +1
-Champion Status=+2
-Promos= +1 per week for every Promo cut up to the PPV a max of +4

though I am open to suggestions both on how the system can work best, and other modifiers that should be included in a roll.  Also if the players agree on a winner without needing to roll a die that's perfectly acceptable as well.

I don't plan to have any erotic wrestling for the game, however what the various characters decide they want to do backstage, or in the city is up to them. Smut is perfectly acceptable in character intereactions and stories and promos, hell maybe your wrestler even uses it to cause a distraction in a match. There just won't be a "climax" victory in a match for your character.

Championship wise, it really depends on how much interest the game has going for it. We could have as little as 1 title to fight over, or as many as 3. I'm thinking the World Championship, possibly a Tag Team Division, and then if there is enough interest something similar to the X-Division, or Hardcore championship, where the stipulations are centered specifically towards that belt. In this world, men and women are equal competitors, and will compete and fight for the belts as equals with their own skill sets.

Character information.
I'm open to wrestlers both fictional and real. So if you want to bring The Rock into this universe that is perfectly acceptable. If you want to make up your very own that is acceptable as well. The only restritcion is that on fictional wrestlers, you should use a real actor as your face as opposed to a cartoon one.

I want to set the character limit at 3 to start with, with the restriction of 1 main eventer per player to start. This would mean only one of your characters has proven himself a "worthy contender" for the main championship, and have opportunities to get placed into #1 contender matches. From there a player is free to create his or her own tag team, work as a manager, or if we have enough interest, enter into the X-Division. As the stories progress it is always possible that other characters will rise to the main event, and some might fall out of it.

[float=left][img height=250]insert link[/img][/float]
[b]Player Name[/b]: Untamed_Skies
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Alias(es)[/b]: (Any nicknames your character has)
[b]Hometown[/b]: (Where are you from, can be fictional or vague i.e. Pits of Hell, or Pars Unkown)
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight[/b]:
[b]Card Placement[/b]: (Main Event, Mid Card, Fresh Face, or Jobber)
[b]Match Specialty[/b]: (Match Type your character excels out, Ladder, Ultimate Submission, Last Man Standing, Cage, etc. normal single's matches do not count)
[b]Trademark/Signature Move(s)[/b]: (Moves your wrestler is known for, that aren't your finisher)
[b]Finishing Move(s)[/b]: (How does your wrestler put away his/her opponent)
[b]Alignment[/b]: (Face or Heel?)
[b]Manager:[/b] (Does the character have someone accompany them to the ring for a fight?)
[b]Tag Partner:[/b] (Does the character have a partner they tag with regularly)
[b]Faction[/b]: (Is the character apart of a faction?)
[b]Allies[/b]: (Is your superstar on friendly terms with other superstars?)
[b]Rivals[/b]: (Is your superstar at odds with another superstar?)
[b]Character Bio[/b]: (What did your superstar do before they were in the A.W.E. what have they done since joining?)
[b]Other Facts:[/b] (Other fun facts that can be used as details of your wrestler. I.E. JR has his own BBQ sauce he sells, The New Day host a video game channel on youtube called up, up, down, down, JBL likes to go mountain climbing, stuff like that.)
[b]Face Claim:[/b] (celebrity or wrestler used for your character)
[b]Wrestling Attire[/b]: (Clothes your wrestler wears in a match)
[b]Theme Song[/b]: (Song that plays when your wrestler comes out for a match or promo)
[b]Entrance[/b]: (How your character approaches the ring).

Face Claim
Tyra Bank reserved for Lady Sakura

Benedict Cumberbatch,Matt Boomer, David McIntosh, and Kate Beckinsale reserved for Untamed Skies       

Ian Somerhalder on hold for Batman4560

Brandon Lee Raven Riley, and Maryse Ouellet reserved for Josh Arcanum         

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Jason Edward Mewes reserved for dshadow

Tarja Turunen and Emma Anzai reserved for Lynnie

A.W.E. Staff (commentators, refs, and jobbers) these faces are not owned by anyone, and be claimed if desired by a player.

Commentators
Jim Ross and Corey Graves

Referees
Earl Hebnar, Jessika Carr, and Mike Chioda

Jobbers
Heath Slater, Curt Hawkins, Fandango, Tyler Breeze, Bo Dallas, Maria Kanellis, Lana, and Eva Marei 

I'll add more info as far as city setting, character creation, once there is interest in the game. I'm also open to ideas from anyone who has anything they might want to add.

Batman4560

I'm interested, I've been wanting to get a wrestling game going for a long time so I am very much down for this.

Untamed Skies

Lady Sakura

You got this up finally yay!

If this kicks up can I put Tyra Banks as a face claim on hold for a mangers position, please?

Untamed Skies

Yeah no problem, if anyone would like to reserve a wrestler or a face in advance feel free to post it here, and I'll get a face claim going.

Doomblade403xxx

is this going to be a system game or more or less freeform storytelling game?

Untamed Skies

Well if two players worked out a winner through the story by themselves that works fine.

Otherwise, I have in mind a simple system to determine a winner before the match, and allow the two writers to work out the details of their match.

Or if it is more preferred by players, matches can be broken into 3 phases. Start, Mid, and End and then we roll off in each phase so the players know who has the advantages. The best 2/3 wins.

So for example I am in a fight with Batman. The match starts we both roll a D20 and he wins the advantage so for the first part of the match batman is in control.

Then in the second phase I win the roll so my character's offense takes control of the momentum and his is in trouble. In the final role Batman wins and he can then set up his finisher and get a 3 count or submission. Or however we work out to end the match.

I have the system in mind that way ideally the matches have a heavier emphasis on story then just numbers and dice rolling. But a system like that would be the only unbiased way to determine a winner, so no one needs to worry a out favoritism.

InnocentSynn

Count me in. Been looking for a wrestling based game for some time

Lady Sakura

Untamed Skies

Welcome aboard Josh :-)

Do you have any wrestlers faces in mind yet?

InnocentSynn

Quote from: Untamed Skies on August 23, 2017, 08:41:06 AM
Welcome aboard Josh :-)

Do you have any wrestlers faces in mind yet?

I will have to get back to you on that. I've run dozens of different wrestlers in the last and I'm debating which one or ones I would like to see get a rebirth. One of my personal favorites was a girl who was a mute and would always demand I Quit matches lol

Untamed Skies

that is a interesting concept. Well, I look forward to seeing what you cook up.

Batman4560

Oh this might not even come up but if it does, are we going to allow mixed gender matches?

Untamed Skies

Yeah. My take is guys like Rey Mysterious, Kallisto, Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan, etc. Have all managed to overcome opponents two, three times their size. So no reason a woman who works as hard couldn't do the same.

Batman4560

I don't know if I officially want this as a face claim yet but I am considering Alex Riley

Untamed Skies

Batman4560

Untamed Skies

Auctor

Lady Sakura

Untamed Skies

Welcome aboard Karg. You have any wrestlers/faces you wanna save?

Neo In Matrix

| O/O Thread | O/O - F-List (Male) | O/O - F-List (Female) |

| Ideas (All Genders) | Face-Claim List and Galleries |

| a/a | RPs |
Apologies. Slow posting due to workload. But trying to match uo will quickly do. Thanks for your patience. .!!! :)

Untamed Skies

Neo In Matrix

What do you think is the smut/story ratio going to be in this and what kind of things will be included in the RP?

| O/O Thread | O/O - F-List (Male) | O/O - F-List (Female) |

| Ideas (All Genders) | Face-Claim List and Galleries |

| a/a | RPs |
Apologies. Slow posting due to workload. But trying to match uo will quickly do. Thanks for your patience. .!!! :)

Untamed Skies

Well it's hard to say, as of the moment I'd guess there would probably be less smut based on the interest so far, though if we start to attract more that could change pretty rapidly. I intend to have a naughty thread so players who want it are able to do have it.

Specifically there will be the weekly show and ppv filled with matches, promos, and drama going for the various wrestlers going for the title. And then a few threads in the city where players can continue to mingle with one another outside of a arena.

Eventually invasion angles, factions, and stuff like that might work as global events, anything beyond that players will be able to create their own drama.