Aberrant (this is not a comic book game)

Started by Tamhansen, October 15, 2012, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

Was following the PDF but it stopped downloading during Phase 2 of CC.  Can't get the xps. file to work, probably don't have the right program to read it.  I'm super familiar with Exalted so things were clicking right along.  Going to contemplate a character then I'll contact you for some of the details I'm missing, Katataban.

yaracyrrah

Quote from: avorae on October 19, 2012, 10:56:34 AM
As for her focus she is physically and mentally perfect. Sort of a cross between Monet St. Croix and

I was rather fond of Monet.  Sad that the writers treated her as a mere plot device rather than a character.

Anyway, your character will get along beautifully with mine, who is a super-athlete with a... mild competitive streak.  :) .

MaiMizzu

If I can get a grip on the system, I might be okay. I dunno. I've been looking for the character creation thing, and there seems to be a few of them. But like I said, i'm not familiar with the system or the origin source. I was focused on it being 'yeah it's kinda like mutants gettting powers'. Could someone maybe contact me on YIM or AIM and help me out? If I can, I'd like to play. I think I could do good.

YIM = ffxivghost@yahoo.com
AIM = Korin_Moon
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Salvation

Thanks for the working link there, and yes, with the similarity to Exalted, cool.. I am familiar with that.  I will PM you by Monday with a character idea, etc.

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Tamhansen

Ok I will start the one on one threads tommorow for the characters that are finished, And will keep working with those whose characters are still forming. I expect the actual plot to start a week from now, but maybe sooner if a few one on one's are done quickly. Please bare with me thoughas the group is becoming reasonably big, so i might not do more than a couple tags per person per day, but I'll try to keep as active as possible

Okay when I set this up, I never expected more than a few responses, but boy was I wrong. :D

Okay going back over the thread and my PM list I found the following people either handing in characters/character ideas, or expressing a strong interest 9 in total so far, and I'd love it for all of you to join, and if a few people help out here and there we can make this work.

Fully developed Characters
The Villain
Yrrac Yrrah

Strong character ideas
Star girl
AribethAmkiir
Phoenyx

Interest
Salvation Avorae
Ironwolf85
Maimizzu

If you're name is missing from this list, my appologies, if you are still interested PM me, and I'll try to accomodate.
the ones on the list will receive a PM from me today about whether their interest remains, for those needing help with Character building feel free to PM me, or add me to YIM. just use my username, it's set up on YIM speciffically for E!

Any way thank you all for your interest and patience, I will do my utmost to make it worth it.

P.S. I'm currently on the fence about which category to put this. Either NonCon exotic, or Extreme. I want to give people as much freedom as possible but also don't want people to be too uncomfortable so I'm going for NonCon Exo unless people really want to go for extreme.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

TheVillain

I probably won't take advantage of the NC Exo rating but I'm cool with it if everyone else is.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Tamhansen

basically, neither will I unless upon character request. But like I said I try to balance freedom with comfortability.
ons and offs

AribethAmkiir

I'm comfortable with NC Exotic.  It's nice to have those options if some crazy idea or story goes in that direction.  Happy to see it isn't going into the Extreme section though.

Tamhansen

Like I said, Personally I'm not much of a NonCon person, but this game is about angst and fear and alienation, and all kinds of other drama. I have noticed that some people can use rape as a great dramatic storytelling tool, for both the rapist and or the victim. The kinks which are most common in the extreme rooms, do not add drama in my eyes. the games I personally might put into the extreme rooms would be Vampire and werewolf, but not for the sex, but the extreme gory violence
ons and offs

yaracyrrah

I'm happy to join the consensus for NC-Exo.

MaiMizzu

I'll play in whatever one you guys want. I don't have a preference really. And I'm workin on my character now.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

TheVillain

Sounds like we're going for 'no characters get raped [without the player's permission]'. I can work with that. :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

MaiMizzu

Quote from: TheVillain on October 21, 2012, 02:19:15 PM
Sounds like we're going for 'no characters get raped [without the player's permission]'. I can work with that. :P
Well yeah, that I could get behind. heh

stargirl

I agree with that too. I agree with anything, usually.

As for the "No Rape Unless the Player says it is Ok" line, I can say that it is Ok for my character, if it is good for the story.

But NonCon isn't just for Rape. Mega-Charisma is a kind of Non-Con, right? As is Mega-Manipulation.

TheVillain

I was including that but thank you for spelling that out.

Tamhansen

Actually we're going for the no nothing without the players permission. Including, but not limited to the following:  Sex, consensual or otherwise, killing off player characters (npc's DPC's and PNPC's excepted), drug usage or anything else the player could be severely disturbed. Respect each other. Once a player agrees everything goes, well within the limits of the non-con exotic boards.

I hope everyone is fine with that. I'll be writing an OoC post in a bit, including my ten commandments. All but three of these rules are debatable or negotiable, or can be excepted upon. Please read them through and any questions can be placed there or pmed if you prefer
ons and offs

Tamhansen

ons and offs

AribethAmkiir

what are DPCs and PNPCs?  Also, isn't it the site's rules that "no nothing without the player's permission" even if the game is in NC?

stargirl

Yeah, I think you are right, that is the site rule. Just good to make sure everybody remember that, isn't it?

I have no idea what is DPC. I think PNPC stands for Player Non-Player Character. That is an NPC that is actually run by a player but isn't his character. Maybe like when you are helping the Storyteller?

Tamhansen

Quote from: stargirl on October 22, 2012, 05:37:28 AM
Yeah, I think you are right, that is the site rule. Just good to make sure everybody remember that, isn't it?

I have no idea what is DPC. I think PNPC stands for Player Non-Player Character. That is an NPC that is actually run by a player but isn't his character. Maybe like when you are helping the Storyteller?

Yes, it is a site rule but I still wanted to make it clear once again. Non consensual means without the character's consent, not without the players.

*Slaps himself* All day at work I'm teaching people not to use Jargon, only to do it here myself.

PC = Player character. Fully under control of the player, created by them with or without supervision, but as their intelectual property (IP)
NPC = Non player Character, created by gaming staff to help the game along. Can be played by anyone, but is created by staff
PNPC = Player created Non player Character, technically an NPC but fully created by a player, performs tasks for the staff but is fully IP of the player
DPC = Directed Player Character, Bascally a player character in all respect, but fed information by the staff to help direct the story, DPC have less freedom to act in exchange fir inside knowledge, IP lays with the player
ons and offs

stargirl

So, you mean that a PNPC and a DPC that is under the control of a player can be done without asking by his own owner. So, if you create an NPC to act NC with then you can act NC with her (or him), right? That makes sense, but my explanation may be even more confusing than yours. :)

Tamhansen

First off, sorry if all my rules make people cringe. I tend to be fairly fast and loose, but this is going to be a pretty big group, so I want everyone to be clear and on the same page. Like I said every rule except the three red ones are open for discussion, but we need to be sure we're all on the same page as far as respecting each other and our intelectual property. [ /pedantic rant]

I'm quite certain everyone here has respect for each other as role players, so i guess that'll be ok.

I would like to request to ask any questions about rules, background info and such in the OOC threead, and leave this one for recruitment purposes. that way people will not have to follow all the threads in fear of missing something. I've put the answer to Stargirls question there.
ons and offs

Salvation

I can work with that.  Generally, all things are about player consent as I see it anyway, and respecting that.  I'll be getting my character idea/template to you tonight hopefully in a PM.

AllieCat

If there's room at some point, I want in! I loved the books (poor Slider :() and always wanted to play!