[Interest check] Monster Hunter Game

Started by LeSane, September 04, 2016, 03:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

The Hunter's Guild's crest has four symbols on it. Each symbol on the crest has a meaning that the Hunter's Guild follows.

The north represents Respect for nature,
The west represents Prosperity from nature,
The south represents Crafting from nature,
The east represents Life as a community.

The primary goal of the Hunter's Guild is to prevent damage to the monster populations. This is so they can prevent other monsters species from going extinct like many other monster species before now. Due to this the Hunter's Guild keeps tabs on the monster populations in areas and prevent hunters from taking the same quest more than once unless it is necessary to do so. However, if the monster threatens lives, towns, cities, etc. than hunters are allowed to hunt it to prevent its destruction, even if the monster is rare, as long as the monster is at least repelled or slain. The Hunter's Guild is also well-known for preventing poaching. Poaching is illegal to the Hunter's Guild. Poaching can lead to a multitude of punishments but most commonly death at the hand of a Guild Knight or erased from the public without a trace.

The Hunter's Guild unifies and regulates the hunting activities on which many people make their living. The guild aggregates hunting and gathering requests from far and wide, and posts them within their gathering halls and outposts throughout the land for professional hunters to undertake. These "quests" can have many purposes, including defense of citizens or towns, or research into monster anatomy and biology. On certain occasions, for example, an Elder Dragon attack or a sighting of a rare or previously undiscovered monster, the Hunter's Guild itself will issue a hunting request to a specific range of hunters. The guild keeps a comprehensive list of all known monster species and variations, and will supply hunters with this information on a regional basis.

Furthermore, the Hunter's Guild is responsible for discovering and determining specific hunting grounds throughout the land. Only when a swath of area is officially within the guild's jurisdiction can it be embarked upon for the purposes of undertaking quests. Even despite this, the guild will sometimes only allow hunters within a specific city or region to accept certain quests. Finally, the Hunter's Guild is prone to building coliseums and arenas in which controlled hunter vs. monster battles take place. These areas are meant both for training purposes and the entertainment of the public.

What does it take to be a hunter?

In order to undertake the path of a Hunter, one must first register themselves as an official monster hunter under the Hunter's Guild. Following this, hunters are given a specific measure of personal skill through which the Hunter's Guild can gauge one's ability to undertake varying levels of hunting requests. In accordance with this, the guild will assign rankings, often on a number-of-stars basis, to quests listings to ensure that dangerous or difficult quests are only embarked upon by skilled hunters who have proven their aptitude. This is both to ensure the safety of its hunters and to ensure that the request is properly completed. If hunters are extremely skilled, they will sometimes be sent to do secret requests or investigations for extremely dangerous monsters. They will do these quests secretly so it won't cause a panic to the public, so they get a better understanding of said situation because, in some cases it is just a false alarm, and so the Hunter's Guild can come up with the proper actions needed to protect the truth or the public without causing a panic.

General Information
In the regards to this game, it is based off the series The Monster Hunter (モンスターハンター) franchise which is a series of fantasy-themed action role-playing video games that started with the game Monster Hunter which started on the PlayStation 2. The series is developed and published by Capcom. As the title suggests, the player takes the role of a hunter in a fantasy environment and completes quests by hunting out specific kinds of monsters to kill or capture.

These games are hybrids of action games and role-playing games, set in a fantasy genre. Gameplay is generally divided between time spent in various villages to manage equipment and resources, and going on quests to hunt down giant monsters that prowl in fields near these villages. The player starts as a novice Hunter and is tasked through quests to help protect and support the villages either by hunting or trapping monsters, or by collecting resources that can be obtained in the field.

I am currently looking for eight people including myself to make two groups of hunters which can be switched at a whim whenever needed or just in the mood since flexibility is always a great factor for success. In this game, we will be facing monsters of various sizes and shapes. If you are interested or have questions please drop a message here and I will answer the best of my ability.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Kadigan

I love monster hunting games, definitely interested.

LeSane

Well, I'm happy someone has a bit of interest in this. Hopefully, we'll find more people who are interested.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Revelation

I love the series, so i'd definitely be into this.

LeSane

Nekos

I would definitely be interested in this as well!
I really need to finish my O/o Screen, but until that point, here is my f-list page that has most of the stuff for it: https://www.f-list.net/c/nekosluagh

LeSane

I was thinking of starting up the first group and trickling the second one as it went on. What do you all think?

Kadigan

Wasn't aware this was based on something. Think I'll take a step back.

LeSane

I'll have to write in the first post that its based off of the game series. The game isn't going to be about the story of the previous games, but more centered around the idea of Hunters becoming more experienced and famous from their adventures.

LeSane

Added a bit of general information on the series so there isn't any more confusion.