News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Clock Tower: Blood Ocean (Interest Check)

Started by Xenolord, March 30, 2011, 01:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolord

(Attention: It is advisable to read this article on Wikipedia about the Clock Tower series to better understand the back story of Blood Ocean. If you've played The First Fear and Clock Tower, more power to you!)

Romsdaaren, Norway; 1995. Then fourteen year old Jennifer Simpson was an orphan, living inside the Granite Orphanage along with her three closest friends, Rolla Surana, Anne Fyra, and Charlotte Green. It was a cold day in September when Mary, a woman who came representing the wealthy recluse Simon Barrows, arrived at the orphanage to choose possible heirs to the Barrows fortune, and found candidates in Jennifer, Anne, Rolla and Charlotte. However, this dream was not meant to be.

Mary turned out to be the twisted and demented Mary Barrows, wife of Simon, and mother to two demonic children, Bobby and Dan Barrows. One by one, Bobby killed Rolla, Anne and Charlotte, leaving Jennifer to fend for herself in the mansion. Wandering aimlessly, Jennifer eventually came to a hidden chamber beneath the house which was used for practicing demonic rituals, where she met the sickeningly bloated Dan Barrows and, after escaping his hungry, child like grasp, burned him in a cleansing kerosene flame, and fled the house into the cold Romsdaaren night.

One year later, after being adopted by Helen Maxwell, she has undergone months of therapy from Doctor Samuel Barton, a colleague of Helen, has had no memory of the events of that September day. Driven by a resurgence of violent, scissor-induced murders, Jennifer and Helen, along with nine other companions, set for a castle in england, in hopes to end the nightmare once and for all.

Dan Barrows, having survived somehow the fire a year ago, had sought revenge against Jennifer for what she did to his brother and sister. Little is known about the events in the castle, as Jennifer, once again, carries the banner of Only Survivor, but has suffered a severe case of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome, and remembers little of the events.

New York City; 2001. Jennifer Simpson is now twenty years old, and has since been adopted by a eccentric artist with a love of the macabre. While her life has been happy since, nightmares of the Castle and Mansion still plague her dreams. Her and her adoptive parent decide a nice cruise will do them good, and so, set off for a two-week long cruise in the Atlantic Ocean.

Rest and Relaxation are not the only things they find.

-What I'm looking for-

Okay, that intro was long, but as obscure a game Clock Tower is, it was needed. Okay, so, bascially the entire plot of this story will take place on a cruise liner, but you (The player characters) will be alone on the boat, everyone having been killed by an unknown hand, and isolated from civilization. Your goals will be to survive long enough to either call for rescue and escape the boat, or defeat the killer, and get rescued yourselves.

I'd like a game for between 3-5 people, but for maximum enjoyment, I'd like between 6 and 10 people. These are the roles I'd like to see filled.

Eccentric Artist: Jennifer's adoptive parent. S\he is a somewhat wealthy, very talented artist who has a strange love for the grim and macabre. S\he will be between late twenties and late thirties, possibly mid forties. S\he is extremely protective of Jennifer, and sees to her needs at every turn.

Overbearing Police Officer: A passenger on the boat. After meeting Jennifer and her adoptive parent, the police officer takes to the pair like a police officer should. S\he will be between mid twenties and late thirties. S\he will be armed, and will have mild CQC skills. S\he prefers staying in pairs, to help prevent people dying.

Newspaper Reporter: Another passenger on the boat. S\he will meet Jennifer after the events have already begun, and people have started dying. S\he will stick close to Jennifer and her parent for safety, but will often stop to 'catch a scoop'. If s\he lives long enough to get back to the mainland, this story will make his or her career. Maybe s\he has his\her priorities backwards? S\he is equipped with only a camera and a notepad.

Teenage Fan: Another passenger on the boat. S\he will be a fan of the occult, who meets Jennifer on an off-chance meeting in a bar, and will instantly take a liking to her. S\he will be borderline obsessive in all things considering the occult, and will often wander in hopes of finding something of interest. S\he will be between 16 and 21.

Characters I'd like to see, who are flexible:

An Actor: Another passenger on the boat who huddles with Jennifer's group in hopes of persevering his\her career. And life.

Matre 'd: The head waiter\waitress at one of the boat's more fancy restaurants who meets Jennifer when she goes for dinner one night. S\he will know the ship well, and be able to navigate anywhere quickly.

Marine: Another passenger on the boat. This (Former, maybe) Marine will do anything in his\her power to protect Jennifer and her group from harm.

I'd also like to hear about some of your characters, but remember! The goal here is to survive! I will only allow one character with heavy weapon\hand-to-hand expertise, and one with passable weapon experience in this game, and your ammunition will be EXTREMELY limited. Don't use it all on the killer. It may not work...

The Game:

The flow of this game will be simple. After an introduction from your GM (Me), you will have free reign on the boat, directed only by vague instructions from Jennifer (Your party leader once people start dying.) and snippets of happenings from me. I will never directly control any actions. I will be aware of where the Killer is at all times, and will not be afraid of killing someone who is alone in the same section of the ship as the killer. The more people in a group, the less likely a character is to die.

The ship is a luxury cruise liner, but has recently turned into a luxury death trap. The ship has 12 decks, and 14 Sections.

The Ship's Decks (From bottom to Top): Steerage, Storage, Staff Quarters, Kitchens, Food and Drinks, Recreation, Tropic, Swamp, Forest, Jungle, Desert and Tundra. Decks Tropic and above are living decks, and are for passenger living.

The Ship's Sections: The ship is broken into 14 sections, one through fourteen, and are only used for my reference of where the killer is in relation to you.

You will have two goals: Survive and Escape. Survive the killer long enough by staying together and on the move. Escape the boat by radioing the mainland, calling a passing vessel, or even make a mad run for the life boats. The ending your group receives will be based on how well you did, how you accomplished your objectives and, more importantly, how many of your survived. Those who die will have an effect on the events that the survivors must endure.

Hope you guys like the idea, and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Cosmo_ac

I've played Clock Tower, Clock Tower 2, and Clock Tower 3.  I would deffinitly give this a shot.  Of the given chars, i think i would like to play the Newspaper Reporter.

Just curious, is this going to be a system-light game or freeform?  If freeform, how shall things like encounters with the killer be handled?

Xenolord

If I do decide to use a system, it'll be very, very simple, probably a basic stamina system, where all actions drain a sliver of stamina. Not enough stamina to fend off the killer? Well... sucks to be you. Of course they'll be a way to recharge it, I'm not that mean.

Cosmo_ac

Hehe, nice, nice.  Will there be inventories as well?  I remember that Clock tower 2 and 3 had inventories, and so did number 1 i believe.  Number 2 in particuler i remember having guns, and in number 1 you could get involved with the suroundings, ie grab a frying pan and slam the killer.

Just a suggestion here, but it might be an idea to allow players to pick up a few weapons for limited use.  Ie, you can use it X amount of times, and then it breaks or bends, or jams or what have you.  Just an idea.

Xenolord

Now, you've got to be careful with me. In my eyes, Clock Tower 1 is The First Fear. Clock Tower 2 is what we call Clock Tower here, and what we know as Clock Tower 2 is Ghost Head to me... sorry, I'm kinda particular.

Yes, in Ghost Head, you had access to Weapons as Bates. Yes, I will allow a character or two to have weapons, but ammunition\uses will be heavily limited, and the power of said weapons will be limited to pistols, and MAYBE a shotgun or two.

Yes, there will also be access to environment defenses that will be either disposable, or multiple use.

Inventory will be implemented, but in a more realistic sense. You won't be carrying around a ton of crap in your pockets, and anything large\heavy will monopolize most of your room.

Crovonovin

I'm kind of edging back into the roleplaying scene here at Elliquiy after a bit of an absence, but I would certainly love to take part in this kind of tale.  I've never played the Clock Tower games (The closest I've gotten to them is Demento), but I'm a big fan of horror in general.  I'd be interested in taking up the role of the eccentric parental figure, or perhaps the Teenage Fan if someone else is really set on it already.

Xenolord

Sounds like fun, man, welcome aboard. I'm going to try to get one more person, then I'll give ya'll a character sheet.