Looking for DM for DnD Duet [5e]

Started by Rummy Tum Tum, April 08, 2022, 07:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rummy Tum Tum

In Play by Post it's hard as hell to keep a full group together, as anyone who's tried DnD on E can attest. I can count on one hand the amount of games I've been in that passed the introductory stage. Even little problems like "who's turn is it to post?" can grind things to a halt for a week or more. It is really rare for a group to come together, stay together, and progress the story during that time.

So, I propose a duet game. A 1x1 planned around character, relationships with NPCs, and progression of a personal story. Something on the more lighthearted side in tone overall, though sad moments/arcs and some elements of horror and darkness are just fine with me. I aim to dive into story details with a prospective DM, though I'll say I would like to try out Strixhaven's setting for the magic uni feel. The Lost Mines of Phandelver is another good jumping off point since it's "early game" and I've never played it.

I'd prefer to play through Discord text, but Elliquiy's fine too.

My character idea thus far:

Ashei Deruvian is the first son and ex-scion of the Deruvian noble House. A House known for its powerful wizards and suffocatingly widespread high end magic item shops. Trained though he is--and his parents made sure of it--he has always been eager to make bad decisions. Parties and drunkenness, adventuring sprees with "riff raff," and dalliances with everything from noble Ladies to goblins, to name a few. He's always dreamed of adventure and heroism; of placing his own mark on the world.

But, he has a problem. He ignored that old saying that every great adventurer has to start somewhere. Instead he looked for a leg up among his family's forbidden artifacts, and he got it--at a cost. A curse runs through his veins, binding him to a strange feminine spirit who empowers him, but lusts for full control of his corporeal body.

The brazen foolishness of this latest mistake, and the threat of the curse inside him, marks him as more a black sheep than ever. And now his snotty younger brother marches well on his way to taking his place as heir of the House. He'd never thought he'd miss the responsibility. Then again, he'd never thought he'd have a spirit nagging at him either. Now he must find a way to gain mastery over the spirit, or be rid of it, though he prefers the former. Power's a hard thing to give up after all.

[Notes: The spirit's presence could explain any extra strength he may have as a lone adventurer (or adventurer + DMPC). Additionally, the spirit can serve as a conversation partner whenever the DM wishes, even when Ashei's alone. Also, the spirit's control could explain some cases of him getting KO'd w/o aid and still surviving, and adds interesting/entertaining scenarios where he may wake up not knowing what she's done in his body.]

O/o's: Here.

I prefer character and plot to center in the game. But, don't get me wrong, I'm also a whore for monstergirls among other things. I'm down for plenty of smut, so long as it doesn't derail the game into sex scene after sex scene with no progress. The best of both worlds are sex scenes imbued with characterization/plot relevance.