Something going on with the PM server?

Started by Lord Mayerling, January 25, 2014, 05:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mayerling

Is anyone else having long load times for PMs?

Mine are taking forever to load, but open threads are loading just fine for me. It doesn't seem to matter the length or content of the PM string, either.

Edit: It's going on with open threads now, too. Only on E, though.

Wajin

I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

LeSane

There was an issue with senting replies for myself though I dont know if that was just a singular issues or with more than just myself.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Vekseid

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on January 25, 2014, 05:51:06 AM
Is anyone else having long load times for PMs?

Mine are taking forever to load, but open threads are loading just fine for me. It doesn't seem to matter the length or content of the PM string, either.

Edit: It's going on with open threads now, too. Only on E, though.

How long did this persist for?

Lord Mayerling

About an hour or two on the morning of the 25th (EST) near the time of my original post. It happened again in the afternoon for an hour or two that same day, but it has been fine again since then. Since I was the only one with a problem it seems, and it was only on E, I thought Chrome may have been having a spat with a site.

Mossberg

I've been having the same issue for a while now. Whenever the browser goes to load my inbox it takes a while, like a good minute or two. I'm currently using the Chrome browser, though I haven't tried any other ones. Even tried clearing the history, cache, etc. and it's still doing it. Other sites aren't giving me any problems loading and on here it only seems to be my pm inbox that is affected.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Vekseid

If it happens in a thread, cold you give me a link to the thread and a timestamp of when it happens?

Vekseid

Reason I'm asking is because the server has been screaming since we moved - the only thing I can think of is if someone hotlinked an image that is now broken and for some stupid reason Chrome is delaying page loads over it.

Mossberg

It doesn't matter what thread or anything that I'm viewing, when I go to my inbox it happens. The boards, threads and main screen load just fine for me.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon