Interest thread

Started by Valerian, November 24, 2009, 07:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

If you would like to sign up for a future game or suggest a new theme, let me know and I'll post it here!  :)

• Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Kip
  • Saffron
  • Mithlomwen
  • Kurzyk
  • Remiel
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Eden
  • Elandra
  • Teno
  • Xandi
  • SleepyWei
  • Winterborn
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kip

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kurzyk

Beguile's Mistress

I would also like to participate, if I may.

Nadir

Teno

*slips his name at the top of the list*

Autumn52

Don't forget me, I want in too!!!!!!
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Caeli

I would actually like to suggest a fantasy/generic medieval castle/palace theme for a future game. :-) The backdrop would be, perhaps, similar to an uprising in which all the upper echelons of the ruling council / ruling regime must be assassinated.

Thus, for some suggested roles:
King/Queen = the voted tiebreaking role
Rebel Faction (Rebels) = the "mafia" members who are trying to kill off everyone else
Weaponsmaster or Healer= the healer, or "nurse" who can protect someone during the night
Historian/s = the seer, oracle, or "cop" players; the person who can uncover the identities of others
Council Members = general players, or "civilians" / "citizens"
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Valerian

Since the new subforum seems to have attracted some fresh interest (yay!), I'm thinking I'll start up another game in a week or so as well, to let some of the new blood play.  There seems to be more than enough to start a second game now, so I might as well strike while the iron is hot, as they say.  :)

So I'm looking for the next theme, and I need ideas and votes!  Options include, but are certainly not limited to:

• Medieval fantasy (Caeli's suggestion above)
  • Bootleggers (1920's rum runners)
  • Pirates (Yarr!)
  • Roses vs. Thorns
  • Robin Hood
  • Werecreatures other than wolves
  • Ancient times -- Rome, Egypt, etc.

PM or post votes, suggestions, comments, etc.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

What about a post-apocalyptic version?  It could have a few different variations.  Zombie invasion, volcanic eruption, meteor strike, nuclear holocaust, etc.

Roles could be:

Survivors = Peasants
Doctor = Healer
Prophet = Seer (you know those people who are always "The end is nigh!"  Well, what if one actually was right...and survived :P )
Soldier = Guardian
Crazed Survivor/Traitor = werewolf/conspirator/ traitor etc.  (You know those people who crack under the pressure of the situation or have the fleeting idea that they would be better off alone without the rest of the people to survive)

LadySky

Please put me on the list! ;D

I love Caeli's medieval idea!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Mithlomwen

I like all of the ideas myself!  But the medieval one sounds really awesome.  Sign me up!
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Autumn52

If your not doing the Pod people/Alien one, I want to vote for the Medieval one.

But whichever wins the vote, sign me up!!!! ;D
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

SleepyWei

It looks interesting, though I have little idea as to how to play this game. Anyone care to hold my hand through this? ^^;;

Is it too late to join?  ???

Valerian

Well, the alien variation of the game is full, and will be starting shortly.  I will, however, start up a version with another setting a week or so after that one gets underway, most likely the medieval theme, so it isn't too late to join that one if you'd like.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Winterborn

Like SleepyWei, I have little idea as to how the game is played, and will thusly most likely require some guidance. However, I would like to be signed on for the next game if at all possible.

Caeli

Wikipedia gives a relatively good explanation of how the game works, and what the basic roles and outcomes of the game are.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Valerian

*nods*  Yes, that article gives a good general overview.  I like to shake things up with the different themes, but the basics are always the same.  There are lots of special roles listed there, and I usually only use a few -- the newest game has four special roles, which is the most I've used yet -- but I tend to base those on the theme.  If something fits in well with the theme (like the new Brood Alien/Alpha I'm trying out), then I'll probably add it in.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

If this interest thread is only for the current game, then I am out of luck.

But mark me interested for the next Valerian production.

Valerian

This is for future games.  :)   And also suggestions for themes for future games.  The current Faculty-inspired alien version was Doomsday's idea, and Caeli's medieval theme will probably be the next one I'll start, if that interests you.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Just for the record, I think Ryven's post-apocalyptic zombie idea sounds like a lot of fun XD

Another idea I had was set around the theme of the Greek gods of Mount Olympus.   The Hellenic gods and goddesses are lounging around their divine temples, feasting on grapes and ambrosia and enjoying the company of vestal virgins (gender of vestal virgins, of course, depending on the god or goddess in question), when--oh, noes! the almighty Zeus has been struck down!  It turns out that a few gods, however, are not happy with playing second fiddle to the God of the Heavens, and have formed a secret fraternity called the Order of Othrys (named after Mount Othrys, the barren peak from which the Titans were said to rule).  The Order intends to free the imprisoned Titans and expel the rest of the Olympians into Tartarus!

Potential roles:
Olympians = Roses.  Their goal is to identify the usupers and banish them to Hades for all time!
Order of Othyrs = Thorns.  Their goal is to depose the rest of the gods and rule Olympus!
Oracle at Delphi = Seer  (this god has, among his/her worshippers, an Oracle who can see into the future and reveal the loyalties of another god)
Bearer of the Aegis = Guardian (this god possesses the Aegis shield of Pallas Athena, who can prevent the Order from felling a god and casting him into Tartarus).
etc.

desert ashes

::Hand raise for the interested peeps list.:: 

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Amberghylles

Well, I am in Mulholland High, but if there is room for me after people not currently playing get slots I'd be interested.

I have to say, all of these ideas sound interesting...

Caeli

Also, Val, if you ever get enough interest in doing one with a more Oriental (for lack of better word) flavor, I'd be happy to help you run that. :-) A prince and a concubine plotting to take over the throne, advisors who all like arguing with each other more than they do actually advising, some warriors, princesses, and other princesses to mix it up...

I'd have to think more about how to do the roles, I just love how versatile forum Mafia is. ;D

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Valerian

Sure!  One of the best things about these themes as far as I'm concerned is that they're often an excuse to research and learn more things.   ;D

I plan to work up rules and roles for the medieval fantasy theme this weekend, so hopefully I can start up that one soon as well.  But keep the suggestions coming, everyone.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE