The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on February 03, 2012, 11:27:29 AM
You never know how much you're going to miss ice form until you don't have it. D:

I could have really used it against that Drauger Death Lord. Of course if I get one more word in Elemental Furry I'll be able to swing my claymore so fast it probably won't matter. The second word makes it as fast as a one handed axe. When fighting drauger, guardian circles can never be underestimated.

I find that Soulburn (Dredic Sword of Fire/Soul Trap) and Chillbane (Dredic Sword of Frost/Heath Leech) work well on damn near anything. Only thing I've had shrug them off is dwarves automata.

Anjasa

I was broke for the most part of my leveling. I had to buy a lot of gems, but now my problem is that I can't find vendors that can buy my stuff - they don't have enough gold to handle my double enchanted gold diamond necklaces!

Callie Del Noire

Most of my stuff that I sell is singly enchanted. What I do is I purchase what I want ..then sell off the stock. Usually I can get the vendor to 2 to 4k. Then hammer it down to nothing.

Chris Brady

Invest in Speech (if you can) allows you to invest in merchants, and top tier gives them all an extra thousand on top.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Anjasa

I have that, but now some things are selling for 4k+. I have to pretty much buy all their inventory just to sell an enchanted weapon or high end piece of armour.

I've just not been bothering with it. Not like I need the gold anyways!

Shjade

You know you don't have to sell things for full price, right?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on February 04, 2012, 11:00:51 AM
Gasp!!!!!!

Bite your tongue. 

Last night I saw a giant on dragon fight. The dragon ever threw on of then in the air before burning the other down. It was so cool!   Ancient dragon won. 

Then I stuck him twice with my new blade and he died.

Frank Reshman

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Frank Reshman on February 04, 2012, 12:37:43 PM
You two-shot a dragon!?   :o

AFTER He'd been thumped on by TWO giants. He was only about 1/3rd left when I was done.

Anjasa

Quote from: Shjade on February 04, 2012, 11:00:51 AM

I do, but I don't like to ;)

Though as I said, I just don't bother at all any more. I have no need for the gold.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 04, 2012, 02:25:55 PM
AFTER He'd been thumped on by TWO giants. He was only about 1/3rd left when I was done.
I've killed a dragon in less than ten hits. To be fair though, he was locked in as a dragon-dragon because he was near Helgan, and I had grown twenty two levels and carried an epic great sword. :\

It still counts.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shjade

You can one-shot a dragon if you sneak up on it.

I killed one in a massive sneak attack when I caught him resting on the ground beside his shrine. Sneak attack gloves + massive stealth bonuses = dead dragon.
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on February 04, 2012, 08:04:29 PM
You can one-shot a dragon if you sneak up on it.

I killed one in a massive sneak attack when I caught him resting on the ground beside his shrine. Sneak attack gloves + massive stealth bonuses = dead dragon.
That's pretty hard to do. I had muffle and the Nocturnal power that makes you invisible for two minutes... it still woke up. I think the developers buffed the awareness of the dragons.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

I've three/four shot a dragon. It was all powerblows (not sure of the dragonrend shout did anything beyond getting him to land) but the two blades were daedric with really nasty enchants and I had gloves/helm/ring/amulets of 1 hand weapon damage out the wazzo.

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on February 04, 2012, 10:26:32 PM
That's pretty hard to do. I had muffle and the Nocturnal power that makes you invisible for two minutes... it still woke up. I think the developers buffed the awareness of the dragons.
It's mostly hard to do because they don't idle forever. They often get up and start flying laps even if they don't know you're there, and once they're in the air they're more likely to notice you're hanging around.
◕/◕'s

Oneiros

I two-shot a dragon as an archer, but to be fair, it was only because I knew exactly where he was because he'd just killed me and I was giving it another go. Managed to get a huge sneak bonus, took down 2/3 of his life in one shot, then got lucky and shot him out of the sky. He crashed to the ground and there was this huge furrow where his body had slammed into the dirt, it was awesome.

Slywyn

Quote from: Fedora on February 06, 2012, 12:09:06 AM
I two-shot a dragon as an archer, but to be fair, it was only because I knew exactly where he was because he'd just killed me and I was giving it another go. Managed to get a huge sneak bonus, took down 2/3 of his life in one shot, then got lucky and shot him out of the sky. He crashed to the ground and there was this huge furrow where his body had slammed into the dirt, it was awesome.

Yeah, the death furrow thing is awesome.

Playing as a Khaijit with most of my armor enchanted to either be +sneak or +marksmanship, and playing on easy because I like games to be simple and easy, I can regularly oneshot dragons.

I have a Legendary Daedric Bow with a ... I think it's Lightning damage. The one where it does just straight damage without any extre effect.

Does something like 500 base damage per shot, plus arrows, plus like another 100 damage or so from the enchant. Then my sneaking bonus, and my glove sneak attack bonus.

Something like 1700 damage a shot once all the bonuses are applied.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Shjade

Lightning does damage to health and mana. Fire is what does the most straight damage.

I don't think the sneak attack gloves do anything to bow shots, either; they specifically say they double sneak attacks with one-handed weapons, don't they?
◕/◕'s

Oneiros

I think that's right.

Sounds similar to my setup though, tons of dual enchanted stuff with +marksman on everything possible and other assorted things, legendary daedric bow with fire and ice on it. The only reason the dragon killed me the first time is because I was standing on a ledge, and I managed to slip off of it. >.>

My fiancé said I was making things too easy. *chuckles*

Chris Brady

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

If you hit the Core with a shout, he screams "DRAGON!"

Callie Del Noire

Hehehe.. yup... wonder what else the folks at Steam will put out. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 09, 2012, 09:10:38 PM
Hehehe.. yup... wonder what else the folks at Steam will put out. :D
It won't be Half Life 2 Episode 3 or Half Life 3! :D *ba-zing!*

I thought it was neat, plus you know wormholes and all that.