Salem Institute of Magic (HP verse): Recruiting now!

Started by Amelita, March 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

Aiden

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 02:25:30 PM
You have energy for that after GMing?

We GMs are made of self-perpetuating energy. At least when sex is the goal. >.>

Isn't that right, Aiden? *grins and winks at him*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Josietta

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 02:25:30 PM
You have energy for that after GMing?

To quote Aiden:

Quote from: Aiden on April 01, 2014, 11:33:30 AM
Imagine the three GMS who have been busting their ass to make this game.

Granted I am the slacker, but I can get away with it since I just stand around looking handsome and make kissy faces at the girls.

So you see... thats how he still has energy :P

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

AribethAmkiir

Bloodied Porcelain

*tugs at her ear as she thinks and works on yet another NPC sheet* There is nothing quite like fleshing the world out.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Bloodied Porcelain

If anyone is looking to plot or anything of that nature, I suggest posting requests and feelers here.

Aiden

"I can assist you with anything you desire...for a price."

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Aiden on April 01, 2014, 03:44:44 PM

"I can assist you with anything you desire...for a price."

Clea is annoyed by how hollywood stereotypical he is. xD *pets her Voodoo Queen and tries to avoid her blowing up*

Aiden

I like his look, but if people want his traditional look...he'll give it to them.  >:)

Kokaine

Going to make a first year girl with Shay Mitchell and my muse really wants a bestie played by Ashley Benson.... just putting it out there xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aiden

For all future character submissions...

PLEASE post the characters name in the subject- It would help a lot when we review them.

Ember Star

Quote from: Aiden on April 02, 2014, 12:11:17 AM
For all future character submissions...

PLEASE post the characters name in the subject- It would help a lot when we review them.
Will do! ^_^
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Zealously Jaded

Ember Star

I have a question about this:
QuoteEXTRACURRICULARS:
Music
Art
Drama
Quidditch
Equestrianism
Muggle Sports
Chess

Forgive mr if it's clarified somewhere and I missed it. But what are the rules with extracurriculars for third years (which is what I'm making)
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ember Star on April 02, 2014, 08:52:50 AM
I have a question about this: 

"EXTRACURRICULARS:
Music
Art
Drama
Quidditch
Equestrianism
Muggle Sports
Chess"

Forgive mr if it's clarified somewhere and I missed it. But what are the rules with extracurriculars for third years (which is what I'm making)

There is no rule for the extra curriculars. These are taken outside of normal class times and are open to everyone. They are not classes and thus have no bearing on academic history or anything like that. Just think of them like "clubs" for people to participate in if they wish.

Ember Star

Bloodied Porcelain

I would keep in mind, however, to be realistic. If you overload your character with extracurriculars, they won't have time to study or do homework and their grades will suffer for it. Balance is important. :)

Ember Star

Oh. I know. I only want one or two.  Music for sure. Possibly either equestrian or art too. But I wont go over two. I'm very realistic about these things. Seen people go overboard in my own groups and then "yell" at me or the other GMs when they would be told "no". Like yeah, I'm never going to be "that" person and if I ever am, somebody can strangle me. Lol.

Plus the student I'm making is fairly shy so it would be out of character for her to be involved in a lot of social things.

Sorry. Rambling. Things just pop out sometimes

*goes back to nosing details together for my characters*

Aiden

After weeks of recruitment for Haf, and about 3-4 days of not logging in to a million Pms.

This is me this morning.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ember Star

More questions! Sorry. They be cometh as I moveth .

Okay,
1) when it comes to my pure blood's mother do you want her to be of one of the other family names y'all have listed. Or if I say she's from France (which I want to do anyway), can her maiden name be a French name not on the list?

2) How far back and how in depth do you want each generation to be? Mini bios for the parents are easy. Mini bios for the grandparents are doable. But do you want anything bedsides birth and death dates, jobs and ages for anything beyond that and how far beyond grandparents do you want? Do you want me to list aunts and uncles too or leave that open in case somebody wants to make a cousin?

3) Shifting from the student to the adult here. I noticed Care of Magical Creatures is not claimed. But I saw somebody interested in it on the first page here. I just want clarification there in case the player lost interest. If she didnt and its not available, thats fine. I was just curious as thats a position I'd love.
Quote from: Aiden on April 02, 2014, 11:43:04 AM
After weeks of recruitment for Haf, and about 3-4 days of not logging in to a million Pms.

This is me this morning.

Lol. I get stressed over 10 pms. I'd probably have a mental break down from as many as you probably get.

ebpohmr

Must fight the urge to try and make an Arithmancy professor once my firsties CS is finished... :P

Aiden

Quote from: Ember Star on April 02, 2014, 12:00:47 PM
More questions! Sorry. They be cometh as I moveth .

Okay,
1) when it comes to my pure blood's mother do you want her to be of one of the other family names y'all have listed. Or if I say she's from France (which I want to do anyway), can her maiden name be a French name not on the list?
She can be from off the list, but in that case it would be her maiden name that is changed over.

2) How far back and how in depth do you want each generation to be? Mini bios for the parents are easy. Mini bios for the grandparents are doable. But do you want anything bedsides birth and death dates, jobs and ages for anything beyond that and how far beyond grandparents do you want? Do you want me to list aunts and uncles too or leave that open in case somebody wants to make a cousin?

Immediate family, siblings, mother/father/ grandparents/great gransparents. If you WANT, you can add uncles/aunts great aunts/uncles, but you can just leave it open in case someone wants to make a cousin/family member.

Ohh, and once a family name is claimed and a tree starts to form. Other players will have to add on to that family tree for their own characters if they wish to come from the same family. A bit of a lazy way to be a pureblood without ALL the work, don't get it twisted, there is still work to do but its less then starting from scratch.

3) Shifting from the student to the adult here. I noticed Care of Magical Creatures is not claimed. But I saw somebody interested in it on the first page here. I just want clarification there in case the player lost interest. If she didnt and its not available, thats fine. I was just curious as thats a position I'd love.  Lol. I get stressed over 10 pms. I'd probably have a mental break down from as many as you probably get.

We have 3 apps for ComC, we are planning on giving it to the best sheet. And by best we mean who do we believe makes the most "believable" professor for this particular subject (same with all subjects). The devil will be in the details in this case. Those who are not picked may choose another open subject to apply for or rethink their app. It's not based on a first come first serve, but once we "lock" a person in, that spot will be closed.