The Queens of Red and White: Closed

Started by Ember Star, August 20, 2013, 12:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on August 23, 2013, 06:27:06 PM
Hi Ember,

Before I answer could you refresh my memory as to the exact role of the personal guard? I went back to look at the roles but didn't find it.  Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question but I do not like to assume anything. (wonder how many times I have said that to Chrystal now)
LOL. It's okay. I already change it and I don't mind questions. Basically it's a body guard. Somebody to watch over your character and put their life on the line for her.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

Suggestion:

As Becky is a complete sub (which I think works well for the red Princess, as she's been dominated her whole life by her mother), the princess might like to have a personal guard who is something of a switch?

I think, Visna, you would fill that role perfectly. The perfect obedient servant to Her Majesty the Queen, but when alone with Her Highness the Princess, you could be a total bitch!

What do you think?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Wargtass

If you really need a red guard for the red princess I can make a second character. But I can't imagine it would be hard to find volunteers.  :P
O/O

Ember Star

That's actually what I was thinking when I asked it. Dread could be the queen's guard/general and Vinsa could be the Princess's guard.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

As for werewolf or Cat Sidhe for Visna's character (if she takes the position) I'm fine with either for the Princess's guard. Just didn't want a Cat being head of the army. LOL. So whatever the two of y'alls preferences are.

Visna

Quote from: Chrystal on August 23, 2013, 06:47:34 PM
Suggestion:

As Becky is a complete sub (which I think works well for the red Princess, as she's been dominated her whole life by her mother), the princess might like to have a personal guard who is something of a switch?

I think, Visna, you would fill that role perfectly. The perfect obedient servant to Her Majesty the Queen, but when alone with Her Highness the Princess, you could be a total bitch!

What do you think?

Oooo, interesting!

Becky, what do you think of this?

This is a general outline of my character right now. Let me know what you think. I'd prefer to get your confirmation about things before I fill out the full sheet.  :-) If you don't like her, then I'll go with something else, of course. I'd like Chrystal's opinion as well.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Race: Cat Sidhe. Unlike most of her kind, though, she is an extremely fierce fighter. Her larger form will probably be a tiger.
Sexuality: Lesbian Switch (May be willing to have a go with males, but it depends on the character and writer)

I'd like her to have a strong relationship with both the princess and the queen, so I'd like to tie in her back story to the royal family. I'm thinking that she was one of the many heirs to one of the stronger kingdoms that the Red Queendom conquered. She helped destroy her own bloodline by assassinating her father who ruled (perhaps along with some of the other heirs). She then fled to the Red Queendom, surrendered herself to the queen, and gave her all of the necessary information to conquer her own people. She followed every further order to the extreme, and she became one of the few to earn the queen's trust. Her fighting skills are powerful, but she spends most of her time guarding the princess or patrolling the castle. Maybe she serves the queen as an assassin or spy at times, considering her elusive forms?

She idolizes power and is infatuated with the queen because of this. She always tries to always impress her and get into her bed. She loves the princess as well, but in a different sort of way. Since the princess is weaker, she enjoys toying with her. Of course, she would still give her life in her protection, but she enjoys stretching the boundaries of what she is allowed to do to the heir. She loves teasing her, but she also thinks that it will make her stronger in the long run.

I was thinking about, instead of the part about her being part of a destroyed nation, making her previously be some sort of guard for the White Queendom. She defected, spilled some info, etc. The only problem is, since it has only been three months, I'm not sure if that is enough time for her to prove herself as loyal and then make the connections.

QuoteJust didn't want a Cat being head of the army. LOL.

What you got against cats, huh!  :P

GhettoMagick

Hey guys the red princess might not even need a personal guard the reason the white prince has on is because of the red queen. So if she doesn't want one she doesn't need one
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Ember Star

I know, Ghetto. That's why I asked Becky if she wanted one. But it's a good solution with Visna and Dread if she does

Ember Star

The same goes for the red queen. A lead solder/general is gonna be more heavily needed than a bodyguard. So, Dread, keep that in mind when making your character, please.

Ember Star

QuoteWhat you got against cats, huh!
LOL. Nothing at all. I love 'em. I was playing Neko-jins/cat people before it was "cool." Probably have a dozen characters that are somehow cat related (just ask Dread). It's just that the Cat Sidhe I view as more naughty rogues than heads of evil armies. LOL

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Quote from: Ember Star on August 23, 2013, 07:37:11 PM
LOL. Nothing at all. I love 'em. I was playing Neko-jins/cat people before it was "cool." Probably have a dozen characters that are somehow cat related (just ask Dread). It's just that the Cat Sidhe I view as more naughty rogues than heads of evil armies. LOL

*nods head* At least a dozen I'd think. Lol

*Is suddenly struck with the comical image of the Cheshire Cat as general of the Queen of Hearts' army.....* Ya I can see the issues LOL

Wargtass

O/O

BeckyAnnn

Actually I like the idea very much.  As for the need, the Red Queendom is a warrior nation and that would make any flesh and blood of the Red Queen a tempting target for an abduction for use as a bargaining chip. I have no doubt that the Red Queen would sacrifice her own daughter if it suited her purpose but perhaps would rather avoid being put in that position to begin with. 

Depending on how long the personal guard has been at her post, the Red princess would have grown up with the constant oppression of these two dominate personalities. If Visna's character is relatively new to the post she could be replacing a similar character who might have already given his life in the line of duty.  I actually like Visna's idea of the long established relationship between the guard and the two royals.

I am working on some basics of my character but need to coordinate with Chrystal since the histories of both the queen and princess will be so closely related. Hopefully I will have a character sheet for you soon. 

:-)

BeckyAnnn

QuoteIt's just that the Cat Sidhe I view as more naughty rogues than heads of evil armies.

lol....the cat's at my house owe allegiance to no one.....unless it is feeding time.

Wargtass

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on August 23, 2013, 07:59:02 PM
lol....the cat's at my house owe allegiance to no one.....unless it is feeding time.

Very much the truth, I am sure as hell not the master of my house... <,<
O/O

GhettoMagick

I leave for two minutes and you guys are talking about cats! Ember what kind of drugs are you handing out?! Hm?!
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Wargtass

A fine Rosé-wine on my end at least. I plead not guilty on being totally shitfaced though, it's just a bottle!
O/O

Ember Star

Quote from: GhettoMagick on August 23, 2013, 08:08:37 PM
I leave for two minutes and you guys are talking about cats! Ember what kind of drugs are you handing out?! Hm?!
Why catnip, of course.What else? ;D

oh golly, now that Dread brings up the Cheshire Cat... I could so totally make Jazz fit here!

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Quote from: Ember Star on August 23, 2013, 08:26:17 PM
Why catnip, of course.What else? ;D

oh golly, now that Dread brings up the Cheshire Cat... I could so totally make Jazz fit here!

Do eeet! ;D

GhettoMagick

Hey friends don't forget when you're are submitting characters to be approved and looked at to not only send the to Ember but to me as well! Hopefully I'll hear from those mysterious people wanting to play certain roles. Anyway hope y'all is having happy character creations and if you have any questions about the queendoms, dark forest and or history of characters and or the roleplay itself don't hesitate to ask me, even if I'm not online and even if it's just a short questions or a novel. I check elliquiy quite frequently so always ask. :)

Ember Star

LOL. I don't think.there's anybody you haven't heard from.that has showed interest since they've all posted here except for one and she PMd.the both of us.

Ember Star

Crap! Crap! Crap! If I disappear tomorrow (later today as it's 1:30am) night, my phone's gone off as I forgot to pay it. If I can make it into town tomorrow, I'll be good. If not, it may be a couple of days. Both Ghetto and Dread have a way to possibly get a hold of me if I do though, since I (and they) have a little messenger app that for some reason usually works even if my internet is cut off.

Chrystal

Quote from: Visna on August 23, 2013, 07:17:46 PM
Oooo, interesting!

Becky, what do you think of this?

This is a general outline of my character right now. Let me know what you think. I'd prefer to get your confirmation about things before I fill out the full sheet.  :-) If you don't like her, then I'll go with something else, of course. I'd like Chrystal's opinion as well.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Race: Cat Sidhe. Unlike most of her kind, though, she is an extremely fierce fighter. Her larger form will probably be a tiger.
Sexuality: Lesbian Switch (May be willing to have a go with males, but it depends on the character and writer)

I'd like her to have a strong relationship with both the princess and the queen, so I'd like to tie in her back story to the royal family. I'm thinking that she was one of the many heirs to one of the stronger kingdoms that the Red Queendom conquered. She helped destroy her own bloodline by assassinating her father who ruled (perhaps along with some of the other heirs). She then fled to the Red Queendom, surrendered herself to the queen, and gave her all of the necessary information to conquer her own people. She followed every further order to the extreme, and she became one of the few to earn the queen's trust. Her fighting skills are powerful, but she spends most of her time guarding the princess or patrolling the castle. Maybe she serves the queen as an assassin or spy at times, considering her elusive forms?

She idolizes power and is infatuated with the queen because of this. She always tries to always impress her and get into her bed. She loves the princess as well, but in a different sort of way. Since the princess is weaker, she enjoys toying with her. Of course, she would still give her life in her protection, but she enjoys stretching the boundaries of what she is allowed to do to the heir. She loves teasing her, but she also thinks that it will make her stronger in the long run.

I was thinking about, instead of the part about her being part of a destroyed nation, making her previously be some sort of guard for the White Queendom. She defected, spilled some info, etc. The only problem is, since it has only been three months, I'm not sure if that is enough time for her to prove herself as loyal and then make the connections.

What you got against cats, huh!  :P

I like the first idea better than the second, for the reason you stated. Becks has come up with a great idea as to why the queen would want her best bodyguard on the princess, but I'll let her explain it herself. It already has my approval, just needs the GMs say-so.

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on August 23, 2013, 07:59:02 PM

We have a real Diva of a cat, fluffy tail carried just so, with the end flopped over. She's gorgeous and she knows it. And she insists on being fed when she wants to be fed! On the other paw, she is very soft and cuddly, and is also quite talkative.

Quote from: Wargtass on August 23, 2013, 08:16:05 PM
A fine Rosé-wine on my end at least. I plead not guilty on being totally shitfaced though, it's just a bottle!

Home made pork and courgette curry *grin* My wife is the BEST cook.

Quote from: Ember Star on August 24, 2013, 01:23:59 AM
Crap! Crap! Crap! If I disappear tomorrow (later today as it's 1:30am) night, my phone's gone off as I forgot to pay it. If I can make it into town tomorrow, I'll be good. If not, it may be a couple of days. Both Ghetto and Dread have a way to possibly get a hold of me if I do though, since I (and they) have a little messenger app that for some reason usually works even if my internet is cut off.

Don't panic, we won't all abandon you if you don't log on for a few days...

I've been having broadband connection issues the past few days. Should all be sorted now, but you never know until it goes wrong again, do you?

I've had a look at ElCapitan's character and it looks good to me. Waiting on Becky to run hers by me before she submits it. Also, I haven't seen Arkhos' character yet? I know it's not my call as I'm not a GM here, but I'd kinda like  to see what my principal advisor was like?

Ember, are you still in need of any dragons? I know someone who would love to play one. Actually, she might well enjoy playing a werewolf or Cat Sidhe, just as long as the transformation is painful....! *giggles*

Hmmm. Thought. Is it possible for Tyvrah to change someone from one species to another by magic? I mean, could she change a human into a cat sidhe or a werewolf?

If so, I know how to persuade my friend to join! *snigger*

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

I've closed dragons off until we get more characters. We already have two and because they're such a rare species, we're limiting them per how many characters we have overall.

Ark sent us his profile earlier and I approved it (mostly), waiting on Ghetto then I'm sure Ark'll send it to you.

You'll have to ask Ghetto about turning somebody into something else as he's the main magic GM.

Ember Star

Quote from: Ariel on August 24, 2013, 01:35:09 PM
Hmmm.. I'd be interested in a female no allegiance Cat Sidhe. ^^
Work up a sheet and send it in! :D