Inn of the fragmented crossroads...

Started by Mayakterra, March 10, 2011, 11:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayakterra

You awaken with a start, laying on your back.... the world spins around you as your head swims slowly.

As you come to, you are startled by your surroundings... you currently sit on a small chunk of land from your home. Startling as this may be, it doesn't compare to the sights around you. Hovering in the space everywhere are colorful portals, skies full of stars, fragmented pieces of land... and in the center of it all in front of you a large 3 story inn sits with a dusty sign reading "Inn of the Fragmented Crossroads"

You may have come from anywhere, you might be anybody, you don't know how you came here... but the inn is all there is. Perhaps inside you may collect your thoughts and remember who you are.

Mayakterra

As you step into the inn, you see a old, but still very well kept Tavern and inn.

The whole room seems to be of a medieval era, there is a large common area that takes up most of the main room with many tables of different shapes and sizes, a small stage sits in the corner and a hearth in the opposite corner.

Along the back all an unattended but fully stocked bar sits idle, with a door leading to a kitchen behind. You see no people moving through the open door, but hear the sounds of food and the clanking of utensils. It seems the kitchen is run by invisible servants.

Off to the side of the bar and the common room stairs lead up to the next level and to rooms no doubt, and right beside the door is a variety of weapon and coat racks. The whole atmosphere, although uneasy seems to be welcoming and hospitable.

veilwebb

I walk in to the tavern and sit at a small circular table in the back. I see a newspaper on the chair next to mine, I pick it up and start reading it

Mayakterra

Opening the door in a huff, a man walks in slowly and panting.

The man himself is not very tall, just under the height of a normal man. His skin is blue with longer ears than normal, and a pastel red mane of hair about his head. He walks as if having traveled a long way, which probably isn't far from the truth, there is snow in his hair and piled about his bare shoulders. The only clothes he is wearing are fury prehistoric style pants with thick leather boots. His yellow eyes dart around the near empty room

eaglecrisis

Victoria glances over at the man who has just walked into the Inn. He seems to be in a hurry and she wonders why the hell he's in such a hurry to be in a place like this. Her vision is blurry and she begins to think that she has had too much to drink. She sits in a corner of the Inn, shadow covering her body with only the reflection of the lights above in her eyes visible to others. She is confused, lonely, and curious as to where she is and how she got here three days ago. She is tired from having not slept and her bones are aching from sitting in the same spot for so long, for she hasn't stood up since she sat here. She doesn't want others to see her, to know what she looks like. Only the owner is aware of her looks but tells nobody, and instinctively brings her a drink every now and then. A cold chill runs up her spine as a gush of wind comes from the nothingness outside, making her let out a low grunt. Her only hope is that nobody heard her.
"L e t   m e   l i v e   m y   l i f e
a s   I   w a n t   f o r   a t   i t s   e n d
i t   i s   I   w h o   m u s t   d i e."

sazzie

Sazzie is at the bar ordering another round of drinks. She sat there cheering with another customer for no apparent reason. Raising their drinks in the air, "To glory!" They'd holler together and slam the empty shot down on the counter. But she had no reason to be glorious...Sazzie had no idea where she was. Sazzie heard the door close behind her, she couldn't tell if it was the alcohol, or this weird world; but the man looked more strange then the rest that came into the inn so far.

sweetcandy4

Candy enters the Inn dressed in a leather dress of brown and black. The upper portion of her dress has straps that cross over the chest. Her dark brown hair laid at her shoulders. She had brown eyes and tan skin and wore black boots on her feet. She looks over the people in the Inn and then makes her way over to Sazzie. She nudges the woman slightly with her shoulder, "Hi..I haven't seen you around in a while. How is life going?"

Then she signals for the bartender.

eaglecrisis

Victoria bangs her hand on the table. She can't stand the smiles, the uncaring faces. Nobody is concerned, nobody is wondering, nobody is searching for the reason why they're here. She feels alone and scared. "Why are you all so happy!?" She yells out from her shadowed corner.

Mayakterra

"Beats the hell out of me" the blue man says walking further into the building. He brushes the snow off of his shoulders and peeks around the inn cautiously wandering from corner to corner looking for any sign of something unusual, aside from the fact that he's just somehow been transported to some nightmare of a hallucination for no apparent reason.

"Where the hell are we? What is this? And who are you?" He turns towards Victoria.

eaglecrisis

By now Victoria is irritated. The confusion mixed with the anger from this man is breaking through her shell slowly. "Who the hell am I?" She isn't even sure if this man is talking to her, but the fact that he turned to face her makes her think so. She stands up and stumbles into the light, finally revealing herself to the others. She's wearing a black shirt that sports a band by the name of Twiztid. her long brown hair is up in a bun and her glasses are half on, half off her face. She's not the skinniest girl in the world, but she isn't obese either. "I'm Victoria, and you are?" She replies with her hands on her hips.

sweetcandy4

Candy turns around when she hears the sound of someone yelling. She listens to the two men talk about how they don't know who they are or where they were. She smiles at the blue guy, "You're at a Inn. Maybe it would help if you ate some food and drank something? I'm Candy by the way."

She turned back toward Sazzie for a moment before looking at the other two.

eaglecrisis

Victoria snarls at Candy. "Was he talking to you? I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure we're all aware that we're at a inn. Do you think that's all there is to it?" She is now looking at Candy instead of the man who was first talking to her. She's not sure if it's the alcohol talking or not, but she takes note that she's not usually like this when she's not drinking.

sweetcandy4

Candy smirks, "You seem angry at something... I'm only trying to help. It sounded to me like he was talking to everyone here. What else would there be to a Inn? Are you feeling well?" A look of concern came over her face as she spoke back to Victoria. She seemed pretty upbeat.

eaglecrisis

"do you have any idea how you got here or why you're here? Do you not have family that you were ripped away from? I do! I do!" She walked toward Candy as she pointed to her chest whilst saying 'I do! I do!'. "What is that supposed to mean, am I feeling well. I'm feeling quite fine, thank you. How are you feeling!?" She meant this in a sarcastic way and rolled her eyes at the woman. Her head began to pound as a headache formed inside her brain.

sweetcandy4

Candy shrugs her shoulders, "Not really, but yelling and carrying on about it is not going to solve your problem. I don't remember any family members, but if they were ripped from me- I wouldn't be yelling at strangers about it."

She looked at the woman's finger, "Please remove your finger from my space. I'm feeling quite well, thank you."

Mayakterra

The blue man looks amazed at the chaos going on around him. He huffs walking over to the bar to sit on one of the stools addressing everybody as he moves.

"Your all crazy for all I know, half of you could care less your here, half of you seem to be here by choice, half of you hate it here and, well thats already too many halves. I don't give a damn!" The man brushes more snow out of his hair and shakes snow from the folds of his pants.

"All I know is one minute I am gardening when a giant wedge of snow gives way above me, right as it landed on me I blacked out. Then I woke up outside with all that.."he makes a spinning, flailing motion with his hand "...vortextial, magicabobing, mumbo jumbo stuff spiraling everywhere and out of everything to find, an inn full of people who seem to have no idea of anything." He sits down exasperated looking for ANYBODY around that seems to work here, he hears the sounds from the kitchen, and sees all the pristine items at the bar, but no workers. "For all I know I'm dead, unconcious, or hallucinating and your all figments of my imagination." He slams his hand on the table idly.

"I could really use me a mushroom wine right now.... stock 241, but theres nobody working here. What kind of-" To his surprise before he even finishes speaking, a cabinet behind the bar bursts open and a pair of white, gloved hands come out hovering through the air. It claps twice then seems to pull out of mid air a large orange bottle and a tall clay flute. The hands pour the liquid into the flute and set it before the blue man making a bowing gesture before returning to the cabinet.

The blue man, mouth hanging open and eyes wide, stares down stunned at the flute of exactly what he ordered sitting there.

sweetcandy4

Candy laughed at the blue man, "I'm not crazy. I may not know what I'm doing here, but I'm not crazy." She watched as a bottle appeared in mid air and suddenly he had the drink that he requested, "Now that'....that's crazy." She pointed to the white gloves.

"I would like a glass of white wine and a bowl of beef stew," she said politely in the direction of the white gloves. She waited to see if she would get what she wanted.

eaglecrisis

Victoria went to the bar and sat down by the man, realizing that the way she was acting had been a bit out of control. "I'm just scared and confused. like you, one minute I was at home with my husband and children. The TV screen went all staticy and then next thing I know I'm here, for no reason at all." She paused for a moment and watched the invisible man, or woman, start fixing a drink for the man. She didn't widen her eyes in surprise but instead figured that this must all be a dream.

ThePreyOfRaven

The door of the inn bursts open revealing a good sized burly man in the doorway.  His dark green eyes look as if they are very tired as if he has been walking for hundreds of miles.  He has a light beard and long dark hair pulled back behind his head.  A light brown hood covers his head and cloak of the same material are draped down his back.   

He steps through the doorway and pushes the door closed with a hard thud.  Looks around at his surroundings and slowly walks up to the bar.   Seeing no one behind the counter he continues over to a table in a dark corner of the room.  He sits down and looks around at the other people in the room.
Love grows where trust is laid, and love dies where trust is betrayed.

sweetcandy4

Candy nodded at Victoria, "It's normal to be scared and confused. I don't know what's going on either. I was in the middle of doing some work on the computer when I just fell out of my chair. Suddenly I was outside this Inn. These aren't even my clothes.."

She turned when she saw the figure of a burly man. She watched the man quietly, and then turned back to the others that she was talking to. She wasn't sure if there was anything else that she could say. She didn't know if there was a way to answer any of their questions. No one seemed to know anything more than they know now.

Mayakterra

*Ooc thread created*

The blue man gets over his shock and picks up the flute by its long stem, taking a cautious sip from the clay opening. His eyes light up and he gets the faintest hint of a smile on his face as he quickly takes an even longer drink of the mushroom wine excitedly.

"That has to be the best I have ever had! Maybe this place doesn't have to be so bad after all." he turns around to face the other patrons, "I guess I'm sorry for being so gruff... I think you all might understand my frustration. I'm Xclitnorasi Sverritan Josheled, and you are?"

sweetcandy4

Candy watches the man drink and talk about how delicious it tastes. She picks up her own glass of wine and takes a sip. She smiles and nods. It was the best tasting wine that she had ever had.  She offered her hand to the blue man, "I'm Candy Switten. That is quite a interesting name that you have there. Do you mind if I ask why is your skin blue? Are you a certain....race? Or is that some reaction to something?"

Mayakterra

X looks quite confused and almost offended, the wine has taken affect though and so he isn't quite as on edge so he is polite in his answer.

"I could ask the same thing about all of you being... pale. I'm blue, my familys blue, my friends are blue... were all blue, well at least where I am from. I get the feeling each of you are from a long, long way away. As far as race, my people are called Jaeki. I've heard of humans before, but they are a long ways away from where I've ever been. Mothers often tell stories of humans to their children before bed."

He thinks to himself curiously "How is it we all speak the same language? You humans also speak Quezien?"

eaglecrisis

Victoria listens as the man talks about himself and the place that he comes from. She doesn't want to interrupt the two but is curious as to how to pronounce what he just said. The many bottles of alcohol that she has had is messing with her brain. "Excuse me, but how exactly do you pronounce your name?"

Mayakterra

He smiles and realizes how confusing his name must be, he looks over to the cabinet and speaks again "Mountain mead 111" The hands once again come out and this time pull a big mug from under the table and suspends it in mid air. One of the hands shapes itself like a gun with the forefinger out and the thumb it, it points into the mug and a stream of colored liquid fills the mug before setting it in front of the blue man. The hands clasp and shake in the air over imaginary shoulders as if celebrating victory and then return to the cabinet.

Taking a long drink from the mug he continues speaking to the woman. "You can just call me X, its probably the easiest. I am a (he sounds out the words) Jah-keey and we speak Kwee-zee-ahn, as you seem to as well."

sweetcandy4

Candy nodded at X's words, but her brow furrowed when he mentioned his language. "I'm speaking english. It's the only language that I know how to speak. I've never heard of your kind, but I think it's hilarious that your parents told you stories about my kind. What were the stories about? Were we described as monsters? Idiots..? Heros?"

She brought her bowl of stew up and began eating it quietly as she waited to learn more about this blue man.

sazzie

Sazzie finally put her drink down and stopped drinking with the other customer, instead she gazed intensely at the human and blue man chatting commonly together. Her long red tail and red cat-like ears flicked back and forth as she she listened.

eaglecrisis

"Kwee-zee-ahn?" Victoria said this as if she were a little child learning a new word. "Yes, I've never heard of this language before, but you say I speak it? Is this what you call English?" Victoria couldn't help but stare at the girl who has cat-like ears and a tail. It was just too adorable, but she felt like she was being rude for not making eye contact with X as he spoke. She hoped he wouldn't notice, or care for that matter.

sazzie

This is strange I think to myself. There is usually never three races in the same place at once. I then get up to observe the Inn a bit more thorougly. I see other strange races i've never seen before; half-frog/humans, cenatuars, cyclops and the such. I then look down at myself; a manga-cat.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/red%20manga%20cat/Tomoji/Anime%20Ladies/anime_cat_girl.jpg?o=3

eaglecrisis

Victoria watched the cat-like girl walk around. She hadn't heard her say anything at all, and she knew that she probably thought badly of her for yelling at everyone earlier. Although her attention was still on X, listening to him and watching him, waiting for his answer, she walked over to the girl and introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Victoria. You seem a little shy. What's your name?"

sazzie

My ears perk up slightly as I hear a soft voice behind me, I spin around, nearly smacking the girl in the face with my tail. I blush, "Oops sorry there!" I shuffle my feet a little, "Hi Victoria, my name is Sazzie."

eaglecrisis

Victoria giggles, feeling awkward because nobody ever brings the soft side out of her. The tip of Sazzies tail brushes against Victorias cheek and makes it itch a little. "Hi Sazzie. So we all know how we got here, but how did you get here? Where do you come from? What's your story?"

sazzie

My ears perk down a little and I shuffle my feet a bit again, no one really asks me these types of questions.
"Well I'm from Manga and well," I hesitate at the embarrassing story. "My father told me not ever to go into his library, and you know curisoity got me..." I look down at my feet, "I went in there, touched a button and a huge teleporting type warp came and sucked me up," I then sit on a stool, "Been here for about 2 days now," I shrug.

eaglecrisis

"Hmmm." Victoria thinks for a moment before replying. "Two days, huh? I've been here for three. It's quite... frightening. Would you like to sit down and chat for a while?" She motions to a table in the middle of the floor and suddenly begins to wish for some coffee.

sazzie

"Yeah, i'd love to," I look at the cenatuar behind me and walk toward the table with Victoria.

eaglecrisis

"Great." Victoria sits down in one of the two chairs and asks the mysterious worker behind the bar for some coffee. She doesn't expect to get any because it seems all there is around here is alcohol, but she hopes for some anyway. "Now there's got to be a reason why we're all here, correct?"

sazzie

I nod at Victoria "Of course," I then shrink sadly down into my chair, my ears lowering, "Well...for the rest of you anyway, I just got sucked into a portal on accident," I sigh.

eaglecrisis

"Accidentally? I think it may have seemed like an accident, but everything happens for a reason, you know." Victoria explained.

sazzie

My ears perked up excitedly, as if this human actually cared for a low-classed Manga.
"Well do you think we can partner up," I look around the Inn excitedly, my tail twitching.
"And question people a little bit?" I ask hopeful of the idea of a new friend.

eaglecrisis

Victoria blushes at the excitement coming from Sazzie. She can't help but notice that she really is just like a cute little cat. "That would be great! Not only would it help us piece things together, but it would also be kind of fun.. like a Sherlock Holmes kind of thing! It's just that I'm not exactly sure where to start."

sazzie

I sit up tall and stretch my back. Looking around the room for people, the Inn was virtually empty. "Well maybe once that...Um...'blue guy' comes back," I get up and look at all the empty booths. "Yeah, its dead here," I say and sigh.

eaglecrisis

"Very dead." Victoria shrugs. "Tell me a little about yourself. I mean, where do you come from? Maybe there's something we all have in common and it links to the reason why we're here."

sazzie

I look up to the ceiling and take in a deep breath, my home town or life for that matter isn't quite that interesting.
"Well, Manga is in a small town on an island thousands of miles from here, strictly for manga-cats to live on only," I look at my nails and polish them a little. "We have three different classes kind of like humans; poor, mixed, and high classed, my father was poor classed," my ears perk down in dissapointment to have to share this information.

"Lets see, my father fishes for a living and my mom is just a caterer," I shrug indifferently. "But then again, they did trade with high classed people," my eyes begin to widen in realization. "They wore all black, and had a silver insigna on their forhead, kind of like the one on this Inn's floor," I look at Victoria excitedly. "I think were getting somewhere, what about you? Any weird insiginas popping up in human world?"

sweetcandy4

While Candy waited for X to respond she watched the two girls move to a table and start talking. She watched them talk to each other. It was easy to hear their conversation, since they hadn't moved too far from where she was. She ate her beef stew, enjoying that almost every bite tasted better than the last. Candy had only been in the Inn a few hours, but it sounded like the other girls had been here even longer. She wondered if that was why they were so tensed. She wondered if any of them had ever tried to leave...

She looked on the floor and she saw a neon trail leading toward some weird looking door. The door had a glowing red perimeter and a odd looking insigna on it. She finished up her beef stew and then stood up. She began walking toward the door, as she considered finding out where the door led.

eaglecrisis

"Hm, no weird insignias, but I do come from a high class family as well..." She thought about this for a moment and then saw Candy stand up as if she were following something. She kept looking at the ground but Victoria saw nothing. "What the hell is she doing?" She asked Sazzie.

sazzie

My eyes widen and I see the red insigna from it, "I see it too," I say and stand up, "Hey!" I yell toward the other girl following the paint.

eaglecrisis

Victoria stands up and almost yells, "You see what!? There's nothing there!"

sazzie

I point at the floor, "You mean...You really don't see it? It's the same insigna I've been seeing at my home on the traders!" I then look at the other girl waiting for a response.

eaglecrisis

"I don't... I don't see anything. At all. Please describe it to me?"

sazzie

"Well," I stand back and my ears perk up, I then tilt my head to the side, "This one is a little different, It's red, instead of silver. But they both look like an acient bird of some sort, with floral designs around it."

sweetcandy4

Candy paused in the middle of following the trail, "I don't know what this is.. I thought I would follow it. Where do you think it goes..?" She puts her hand on the doorknob, but she waits before turning it. She opens the door just a crack and blinding glowing light seeps out from the corners of the door.

sazzie

I look back at Victoria, "Do you see the light at least down there?" I ask hopefully. Then I tell the girl, "I suppose to a cellar of some sort?"

eaglecrisis

"I don't see a light!" Victoria starts to get irritated. "Now slow down, you two. I can't see it so you'll have to guide me."

sweetcandy4

Candy listened to Victoria say that she couldn't see it. She didn't know what she could do to help the woman see it. Candy opened the door more and more of the light poured out. She opened the door even more, and golden sparks shot out from inside the door. She opened the door all the way and her body was covered in the golden light. A huge wind blew her backwards and then the light disappeared, but a card could be seen on the floor of what looked like a small closet with nothing in it.

sazzie

I look sadly at Victoria, my ears perk down, "Well, just stay there for a second, we think we see something," and I bend over to pick the small card up and hand it to the other girl to read.

sweetcandy4

Candy lets out a cry of surprise as she hits the floor. She rolls to her side and rubs her back, "Ouch....the floor is pretty hard.."

She stood up slowly and took the card from Sazzie. She opened the card and looked at it in confusion. "Uhhh.....I don't recognize any of these characters. Can anyone read what it says?" She handed it to Victoria. The card had not been written in english.

sazzie

I glance over Victoria's shoulder, "Hey isn't that X's language?" I ask.

eaglecrisis

"Hmmm. I may not have been able to see the light, but I can read this!" She studies the card for a moment. "It's an ancient language that I've only read once or twice before. It's so old that I don't even remember the name of the language, but this card looks so familiar. I think my parents had some of them while I was growing up. they're used for spells." She runs her hand over the picture on the front as she closes her eyes and thinks back. Then she opens them again when her mind refuses to let her remember anything. "I don't remember most of my childhood, so I can't be of much help with this, but there's a few words here..." She reads them off to both of the girls, "Kwan de soto lefe." She looks at them both, her head passing back and forth between them. "It means The Path of Light." She feels useless, knowing a path of light led them to a card that says 'the path of light.' "I don't know if this is x's language or not, but we could definitely get him to take a look at it."

sazzie

I frown and try to think about something to do with a path of light, "Well, should we wait for him again, or look for someone else with the language?" I suggest looking at the two women.

sweetcandy4

Candy nodded to Victoria. She didn't know why, but for some reason she had expected that Victoria would be able to read it. She listened carefully to what the woman said. "Path of light" sounded about right, but it didn't really give them much information. She nodded when Victoria mentioned that X should take a look at it. If it was his language, he would be able to decipher it. She hoped they would learn something important.

She rubbed her lower back, "Man....my back still hurts a little. I wish someone would massage my back." As soon as the words left her mouth, white gloves moved to her back and began massaging her back. She settled on a stool, closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling of the moving hands.

sazzie

I clap excitedly about the invisible white hands and say, "Wow I wish I had a back massage too," and hands fly to massage me too. I sit next to Candy and enjoy the massage with her.

eaglecrisis

Victoria watched as Candy sat down in a chair and began to get a massage from the invisible being. "I suppose we'll leave her alone for now, just until her back starts feeling better. Where did X go anyway?" She looks over at Sazzie and realizes that she's getting a massage as well. She sighs and mumbles. "I'll go find him myself."

sazzie

I jump out of the chair almost immedietaly. I can't lose my new buddy now! I think to myself. "No, No! I'll come with!" I say and smile politely.

eaglecrisis

Victoria smiles at Sazzie. "I believe X was last at the bar. That's where he was when I was last talking to him. Why don't we look around though? Maybe we'll find some more cards, and they'll all add up into something."

sazzie

I look at Candy to see if she's almost done, then begin to walk around looking for more insiginas, "Do you think perhaps there could be some outside?" I ask.

eaglecrisis

"I don't really know... I mean, I haven't been outside since I came here. I don't really think there's much out there and I'm kind of scared to go out."

sazzie

I look at Victoria in surprise. She's scared...Of what? "You don't look like anything could scare you," I say then quickly add, "I mean that in a good way of course," and my tail flickers as I smile.

sweetcandy4

Candy's eyes close as the hands work diligently on her back. "Alright....you can stop now.." She blinks as the hands continue. "You can stop..." She jumps off the stool and begins running through the Inn. "Did you hear me?? AHHH!!!" She runs around the Inn and the hands chase after her to continue massaging.

eaglecrisis

Victoria opens her mouth to reply to Sazzie but gets distracted by Candy. She can't help but laugh hysterically as the white gloves follow her around the Inn.

sazzie

I too look at the white gloves, my ears and tails twitching as they watch the gloves run back and forth after Candy.

sweetcandy4

Candy faces the hands after running for a few minutes, "Please stop massaging me!" She watches as the gloves float away. She puts a hand to her chest and begins panting softly. She blinked a few times, "I guess I needed to be completely clear when I say stop." She spoke in between pants.

eaglecrisis

The hands droop away facing downward, almost like a face hanging down from disappointment. Victoria finally quit laughing. "I wonder if there are any other doors around here that have gone unnoticed. Do you two see any lights? I wonder... why could you two see the light, but not me?"

sazzie

I look at Candy and shrug, "Could be world attatchment, hey Candy, did you see any weird insiginas from your world as well?"

sweetcandy4

Candy asked for a cup of water and she took a long swallow. She nodded to Sazzie, "Yeah..I remember seeing that on my favorite fairy tale books. I don't remember what the name was, though."

sazzie

My ears perk up, "Anything in the book that had to do with classes of people?" I then look at Victoria and frown at her in confusion.

sweetcandy4

Candy considered her question and she was quiet for a while. Then she nodded, "Yeah...I think there were peasants, merchants, Kings and Queens...all of them interacting with one another. The peasants seemed to be struggling to get enough money to live."

sazzie

"So class had something to do with this obvisouly, and I think Victoria can't see it because she is one of the high classed people herself...As if there's a message just for our class only," I then look at Victoria, she's too nice though to seem as if she could any harm.

eaglecrisis

"It must have something to do with class, but then why am I here? A high class person mixed with a bunch of low class who are stuck in an Inn? And I don't mean that in a bad way, either. I just wonder... I must be here for a reason, but then maybe it was an accident that I'm here. Or maybe I was summoned here to help you all. As far as I know, I'm the only high class person here. Although X seems to be as well, but I wouldn't know. I just don't know his race."

sazzie

I shrug and sit down ontop of a table and twirl the card around a bit. "So, what do you two want to do? Split up or stay together?"

eaglecrisis

"We could cover more ground if we split up, but we don't know what is around here. Maybe we should stick together, I think. I don't want this to end up like a bad horror movie." She giggles as she thinks about all of the horror movies she has watched where people split up just to end up all dying. It seemed to be a huge cliche in horror movies.

sazzie

My ears go the opposite way as she says this, the left one going right, the right one going left. I then nod in agreement, "Yeah, I suppose that may be the smartest, especially if you can't see the lights," I say and my ears perk down, feeling kind of bad for having to admit it.

eaglecrisis

"Do you want to split up? I mean, if you wanna go explore on your own then that's fine. I don't wanna force you to stay by my side the entire time."

sazzie

I shake my head really fast back and forth, "No, No! Stay with me!" I say and smile, grabbing her arm softly.

eaglecrisis

Victoria giggles. "Alright, I suppose we should look upstairs first? Or downstairs? I'm curious as to why I've been here for three days yet never noticed that door over there where the card came from..."

sazzie

I wonder why Victoria always laughs at me, I then feel my ears and tail...Wondering if that's why. "I suppose downstairs, if thats what keeps your interest?" I ask and start walking in that direction.

eaglecrisis

Victoria walks beside Sazzie as they make their way downstairs. She can't help but watch Sazzies tail wag as she walks. "I've just never seen a.. human-cat before. It's quite cute, and interesting. I'd love to visit the place you come from one day. I'm sure it would be awesome to be surrounded by lots of cute cats!"

sazzie

I stop where I'm walking, "Just don't ever say that were cats around the others...They get quite offended...Say Manga-Cats; I know its not that much of a difference, but to our race...It is," I say letting out a deep gust of air.

eaglecrisis

Victoria nods. She doesn't usually think before she talks. "I'll remember that." She comes upon a staircase leading down and steps back. "You first?"

sazzie

This lady is scared huh. Interesting. "Sure, I smile," The stairs creak each stair I go down. The cellar sits in complete, darkness. All sound was gone. I feel around for a light switch and pull it down. As light fills up the room I gasp, it was completely empty except for a non glowing up insignia.

eaglecrisis

The light turns on and Victoria sees the insignia. "Is this one glowing? I can see it. Does it match the other?"

sazzie

I look back at Victoria in surprise, "It does...but its not glowing up...So, i'm wondering if these go in chronological order?" I step on the insignia and nothing happens, "I think were supposed to look for lit up ones first?"

eaglecrisis

"Maybe... so I guess we should leave and come back? Maybe only the glowing ones have cards to give out."

sweetcandy4

Candy wasn't so sure that class had something to do with this whole thing, but the coincidence did made her wonder. She watched the girls chat back and forth between each other. She shrugged her shoulders at their disregard for what she wanted to do. She snapped her fingers, "Ice cream sundae, please." Her eyes widened when she saw cookies and cream icecream covered in cherries and crushed up oreo. "Mmmmm!" She picked up a spoon and began eating happily as she waited for X to either come back or respond to what has happened so far.

Mayakterra

X replied to victoria after a long bout of dazing off into space, mixing mushroom wine with mead will do that to you.

"They change from family to family and brood to brood, some tell they live under your bead and snatch children up who are awake late at night, others will come and eat children who haven't grown strong from eating their ice cream, whipped topping or chocolate sauce at dinner. Others they say are magical creatures that play harps and frolick in giant caves of lights." He shruggs as he takes another drink of his mead "A load of nonsense, fairly tales. I've traveled a bit an' met a few different types of people... but never humans."

He considers the language question for a moment "It could be were speaking the same language but called it different things, but I ain't really sure" He looks to the others examining the symbol on the door, though he himself cannot see it "I don't know what class your talkin about, but I don't see no symbols either."

sazzie

I walk over to the blue man and take the card out with the symbol on it as well, "But...can you read this language? It says something about the path of light." I then look at him. "We think finding these cards has to go in chronological order," I say hoping that the blue man can help.

Mayakterra

X looks at the card taking it in his hand and holding it up in the air examining it...

"Yeah I have seen these before, I know there some o the richer families that use these things. They're instructions for finding stuff, like a treasure map I guess. Some familys might leave an inheritance for their kid when they got to leave, but he's too young for it. They'll leave these cards hidden amongst their caves, tombs, and bowls so that as they learn about their family and their job, he gets closer to the end. Each one has some part of the final task, when he gets them all he can follow the instructions to assemble his inheritance, I'm not sure how that works or where it goes when they hide it, but sometimes they can hide chests, books, or even an entire castle some times" he drank more of his drink "This one seems to be a hint to get to the next cards, path of light... I'm guessing theres something else to be found following light, either the door you opened or those symbols you can see"

sazzie

I smile at X and wag my tail back and forth, "How come you and Victoria can't see the insignias though?" my ears perk down, "Because its hard to know where to go next!"

Mayakterra

"Ever think maybe that was a clue just fer you? It very well could be that your the only one who sees em for a reason" he finishes his mead and sets the mug on the bar.

"Much better, that really hit the spot"

sazzie

I look toward Candy who is still eating her ice cream, "But she could see it too, she's the first one to find that card," I then put my hand up to my chin as if in deep thought.

sweetcandy4

Candy smiles as she happily eats her ice cream. She licks the spoon and enjoys the delicious sweetness on her tongue. She listens to the others talk about the card. She's somewhat disappointed to learn that the card doesn't really give them the information that they seek. She looked around the Inn to see if she could find anymore of the lit insigna. Her eyes blink when she see's a trail going up the stairs. She looks at the others, quietly waiting to see if they see it first.

eaglecrisis

Victoria just so happens to be looking over at Candy, thinking about how she loves her carefree personality, when she sees a look on her face almost like she had the last time when she found the card. "What is it, Candy?"

sweetcandy4

Candy sucks a cherry into her mouth and then speaks up, "I see another trail. I wonder if anyone else sees it."

eaglecrisis

Victoria looks around at the ground. "What color is it?"

sweetcandy4

Candy turns back to the trail and then back to the Victoria, "It's a glowing light, so it's not a color..exactly... or I guess you could say it's white...yellowish..."

eaglecrisis

Victoria feels a little dumb at this. "Glow" isn't usually a color. She hits the palm of her hand against her forehead. "Right.. Well, I don't see it this time either."

sazzie

I look between the two girls, and look for the yellowish 'glow' I feel like an idiot since it takes me a while to actually see it. "Oh, ew that is an ugly color," I giggle and make my way toward it.

eaglecrisis

Victoria giggles a little. "I don't really think the color matters." She says as she follows along.

sazzie

I shrug, "I think it does," I say and smile. I look at Candy, "Do you wanna lead?"

ShamelessTR

The figured landed from nowhere in particular with a resounding thud. First there was a stir, then a groan, a hand coming from a see of black leather to rub the back of what appeared to be the man's neck, though his body was in awfully unique position. Slowly stretching and rubbing the whole way up the man stood to his full height and rocked back on heels of combat boots that seemed to have seen entirely too many miles. The leather jacket moved in it's own life almost completely around the large man. His eyes reeled from the light in the place and a pair of strange sunglasses covered part of his face and he adjusted his hat down on long red locks that knew no order. Slowly he observed the place from one end to the other and if one was observant enough they might just pick up on something hiding in the sea of cow hide. The cloth inner layer that showed was some form of black pants that had entirely too many pockets, a somewhat shinning inner shirt that seemed a touch too tight, thick red belt that seemed almost out of place with the rest of the clothing, and a black button up shirt that was drawn closed and secured as he entered the only building the place had to offer. Approaching the Inn carefully, and knocking on the door, almost simultaneously opening the door and looking in to observe the building and the layout, knowing it now to be an Inn and a slight bit more assurance carried his steps into the place. If there were to be answers to be found, then they would most definitely be found here. "Now where to start..." Question asked to no one in particular. His voice seemed far too aged for his somewhat youthful appearance, though the flame red goatee that grew wildly from his chin did betray a white hair or four.
Found adrift on the open sea wearin' nothin' but a No Quarter flag? That'd be Shameless, damn drunk prolly fell off a boat again.

sweetcandy4

"I don't think it's a ugly color at all," Candy responded easily. She turned when she saw a new person come into the Inn. Then she turned back to the girls who seemed to want to be so close. "Nah..you guys can take this one on. I'm going to meet the new person." She moved off her stool and made her way to the figure. She gave him a friendly smile and offered her hand to him, "Hello! I'm Candy. Feel free to ask for any food or drink item you want....hands will come out and serve you.. It's pretty neat to see..actually."

Candy was obviously a human girl, with tan skin, dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. She had a face that looked innocent and easy to trust at the same time.

ShamelessTR

Benedict turned to the woman who had addressed him and offered her a kind smile, removing his glasses as the light indoors was much less abusive on his eyes. Those brown hues scanned the other two women she had left and then his mind caught onto the thought of hands bringing you things, and he was certainly curious. "Hands you say? Well I could certainly use a jack and coke..." Benedict said to the open air and his mouth came ajar a bit as a set of hands floated in and handed him his drink. He swirled it and then sniffed it. Not sure it was good for consumption, but he figured it could only add to the strange trip he was on. Taking a rather large quaff of the mixture he smiled and looked at the woman. "Not bad. So what is this place? And how did I end up here? One minute I was home and the next... I had an awful pain in my neck." The man absent mindedly rubbed his neck as he took another drink and continued to look around.
Found adrift on the open sea wearin' nothin' but a No Quarter flag? That'd be Shameless, damn drunk prolly fell off a boat again.

sweetcandy4

Candy noticed that the man didn't shake her hand. She dropped her hand and then her eyes looked up toward the ceiling, "Why does everyone ask ME that question...?" she mumbled under her breath.

"This is a Inn. I don't know how you got here, I don't know what you're here for. All I know is that myself and others have been placed here unexpectantly and have the same questions as you. Your guess is as good as mine. We're currently doing what we can to figure that out. Well....I'm enjoying myself in the process," she responded honestly.

ShamelessTR

Laughing softly to himself with her answer he shook his head. "Sorry, guess I could have assumed no one would know any more than I would." Benedict shifted in his layers and finished off the drink and thought about what he would be doing with the dirty dishes, but shrugged and set it down. Calling out to no one in particular "Can I get another, and make it a double this time?"  Then he turned back to the woman he had been chatting with. "I suppose it is good that you are enjoying yourself. I suppose I could be trapped in an alternate dimension with a worse looking group." Benedict laughed and let one hand hang off his belt as he found a place to lean, and took the drink the hands had brought and polished some of it off. "And personally I've never been one to complain about free booze." Benedict laughed again and sighed, wondering what odd effects the passage of time would have here as opposed to home, or even if he would get home. A laugh bursting from him.