St. Arcadia Academy (See new interest check for application)

Started by NileGoddess, November 09, 2011, 12:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowe

Ok then, I'll finish up the sheet and post it when I get a chance.

Crowe

Sorry for double posting but here's the first draft of the character. If there's any suggestions or comments, I'm listening :-)

Name:Marc Aiton
Position: (first year) Student, (looking to join the Athletic Club - he was a fencing captain in highschool)
Sexual Preferences: Submissive, straight. Notable kinks: being bound (not that he’ll openly admit it), likes sophisticated/intellectual & powerful women; Offs: blood (gets queasy when he sees his or others blood).
Appearance: Shaggy brown hair and brown eyes, white skin, stands at 5’9”
Personality: On the surface, he appears as a cool and level headed student. He is seemingly uninterested in most social activities and instead he invests himself in his studies. At times, he even comes across as cold or even rude, but the reality is that he is simply unused to interacting closely with others. However, whenever he is around someone he is attracted to he becomes rather bashful and nervous, which his father sees as a weakness. So Marc goes to great lengths to hide those weaknesses so he doesn’t embarrass his father or damage his image.
Purpose at Arcadia: Marc is the son of a French software engineer who came to Japan to broaden his company name only to find that he wasn’t as far ahead as he thought. In fact, all the money he invested was practically tossed into trying to keep up with the current and most up to date software. Because he was pressured for time, he made several rash money decisions that ended up backfiring and digging him deeper in debt. He ended up making back-room deals to help get him out of debt. The Morimoto family learned of this, and he was blackmailed into enrolling Marc in St. Arcadia Academy in exchange for their silence on the matter.

Marc has little knowledge of the Academy, but he plans to work hard as he did before so that someday he can inherit his father’s company and make it bigger and better. His relationship with his father is rather estranged, but he secretly wishes to make him proud. Like most things, he keeps this to himself.

The only other thing he truly enjoys besides his intellectual pursuits is fencing and he is determined to create a full fencing club in the school separate from the athletic club.

Edited :-)

Zaer Darkwail

Niles has said this several times to all new candidates to Arcadia; you must have one or both parents blackmailed to send their son/daugther to Arcadia. Not anyway in form for 'financial interest'. Only interest is to avoid complete ruin of company which can be avoided only by sending Marc onto Arcadia (a example for fixed up idea).

Sorry Niles if this steps on your territory, I just pointed the obvious here.

Crowe

Ok, I'll edit it to implement that :-)

update: Edited the profile. How about now?

NileGoddess

A couple of things that will need adjusting:

Firstly, I'm not comfortable with the present obsession with the headmistress. It comes off as wanting to only interact with her, when in reality most of the interaction will be between students. Seeing her at a conference, and then getting sent to the university she monitors seems far too coincidental, especially if he is an exchange student from France.

Next, the material that the Morimoto family (not clan) has over his family is not substantial enough to constitute blackmail. His father is in debt, yes, but if word got out what his son was getting into at the Academy, the Morimotos could do nothing to silence him. So that needs to be strengthened with a deeper plot, something that carries far more weight and influence, and could potentially ruin the Aiton family. Then, the father has no choice but to keep his son enrolled and accept aid from the family, lest they spread his secrets around.

Lastly, his personality and sexual preferences seem to conflict. He's cocky, arrogant, and brash, but is completely submissive in sexual situations? The school would quickly come on to this, as a lot of sexual situations are public. It would be impossible to maintain that arrogance after getting knocked down a peg.

Crowe

I'll look into it and see how I can make it better.

Update: I edited the back-story (deleted some things and changed others). Not sure if that's whats expected in concern to how he came to the academy (this part is quite hard to grasp for some reason).

I also simplified his personality though I kept some elements there. What I had in mind was that it was shame-based. He likes certain things but he is utterly embarrassed to admit to it. The contrast between his outer attitude and his secret desires would be the main source of conflict for the character. Anyway, I hope I conveyed it better this time and struck a nice balance.

Acid Lips

Name:Mikoto Mikada
Position: Student
Sexual Preferences: Submissive/Straight (can be turned to bisexual during the rp)
Appearance: She is often times wearing pink clothing or clothing that would be easy for her to walk in. She is often having something cute with her, weather being a stuffed animal or something like that she is always around with something to make herself look ‘cute’.
Personality:
She is a very happy girl, she loves to laugh and make others laugh. She could easily get in the minds of others with just her way of acting to make them like her. She can be shy at times but that is usually when she is in front of a guy she likes otherwise she is a very cheerful girl. She is somewhat of a clutz falling around with everything she finds and she is often times on the floor after falling down, after she just stands up, smiles and continue talking or doing whatever she was doing. She is a very dumb person when it comes to sex, never actually doing it she does not know what it feels like she never even played with herself at least.

Her personality changes with whatever is happening around her. She is often smiling and trying to think positive of all the things that happens to her. She can be very cute when she is shy and can be very mean when she is angry (which nobody ever seen, however that does not mean that she cannot get angry).

Purpose at Arcadia:
She was raised in a middle class family, during her entire life she knew her mother worked for a big company owned by a family of rich guys. She did not really cared about all of it, she lived her life happy to be able to make a lot of friends at school. She became quite popular at her high school because of her cheerful personality. There was nobody that did not knew Miko and her antics.

However what she did not knew was that her mother was sleeping around with a work partner. She worked for the Morimoto Corporation, and always seemed to get to her house later than usual and she kept hidden who this mystery friend of her was. The Morimotos found out about this and one day confronted her with full explicit video of her having sex in a company office.  If this information was released, it would ruin her professionally and financially after the lawsuits. So the Morimotos struck a deal with her: her daughter Yukiko starts at the university, and they wouldn't release the information, provided she make herself useful to the company 'in other ways'.

Miko received a letter a few days later from a school called St.Arcadia. She was very happy about it all and rushed to tell her mother. Her mother faked her excitement of course as she knew very well what that school all about and that there was no chance for her daughter to get out of the mess her own parents put her through.

NileGoddess

Thank you for the profile, Acid Lips.

I think her purpose and blackmail story is a little messy. Instead of what you proposed, how about making it simpler; Mikoto's mother worked for the Morimoto Company, and was caught sleeping around the office. The Morimoto family threatened to release evidence (likely pictures and videos) to the public, which would damage her career irreparably, but they would be willing to withhold the evidence, provided her mother clean up her act and that Mikoto attend St. Arcadia.

Also, in regards to her appearance, she won't be able to wear pink all that often, since the school exercises a rigorous dress code, but she would have personal time after classes to change into loungewear like that.

Acid Lips

She will wear pink like in underwear and stuff. Sleeping around sounds fine then... fixed history

MagicalPen

Is there still a need for Male characters? Dom/Sub/Switch/NonSpecific?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

NileGoddess

Male characters should be sub at this point.

NileGoddess

Acid Lips, see my edits to what you have so far and let me know what you think. There's still not a solid blackmail plot, and it sounds more like the Morimoto Corporation is worried about themselves, which we can't have:

Quote from: Acid Lips on May 10, 2012, 06:56:46 PM

However what she did not knew was that her mother was sleeping around with a work partner. She worked for the Morimoto Corporation, and always seemed to get to her house later than usual and she kept hidden who this mystery friend of her was. The Morimotos found out about this and one day confronted her with full explicit video of her having sex in a company office.  If this information was released, it would ruin her professionally and financially after the lawsuits. So the Morimotos struck a deal with her: her daughter Yukiko starts at the university, and they wouldn't release the information, provided she make herself useful to the company 'in other ways'.

Miko received a letter a few days later from a school called St.Arcadia. She was very happy about it all and rushed to tell her mother. Her mother faked her excitement of course as she knew very well what that school all about and that there was no chance for her daughter to get out of the mess her own parents put her through.

This ties Yukiko's mother directly to the Morimotos, and the terms of the blackmail are clear: unless Yukiko's mother wants to be ruined for the rest of her life, she has to enroll Yukiko into St. Arcadia, and likely bend to the Morimoto's will in some other specified way. If she refuses, the sex tape gets released, destroying her marriage, job, and social status. What do you think?

MagicalPen

Name: Arata Goto

Sexual Preferences: Straight, still maturing sexually, can be molded into sub or dom.

Appearance: Arata is 5'9" tall. He has wavy dark brown hair and a slim, mildly athletic body. He typically wears casual clothing when no uniform is required and does little to draw attention to his appearance.

Personality: Arata tends to be outgoing and friendly to every one he meets. He has a wide variety of interests and knowledge ("I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.") and could not be any straighter, finding women to be the most beautiful thing in the world. He is willing to do just about anything for them. Some one say that he is perhaps even a little submissive towards women - more so then men - though he has never experimented sexually and has not discovered what his inner being is so far.

Purpose at Arcadia: Aratas father is an Accountant with the Morimoto family. He has worked there for a number of years but over the last year or so he has been pocketing money straight from the payroll for himself. He pads the books, so that no one notices the small discrepancies in finances. While it is only a small percentage taken from others, it has quickly started to add up. The Goto Family has seen an increase in their quality of life due to the extra money, Mr. Goto playing it off as an increase in his wages so his family is not suspicious.

His activities have not gone unnoticed however. A private investigation into the missing funds has led the Morimotos to the Gotos front door. Instead of firing Mr. Goto a deal was worked out where Mr. Goto would stop stealing and retain his job, while Arata is sent to the Academy. Arata had some attributes the Morumoto family thought would make him fit in at their Academy.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Haibane

Wow, such a weird co-incidence. That's the third time I've seen someone use that image for a character recently!

The Morimotos would most certainly claim all their money back. They are not a charity! The father might not have to sell the house or the car but he would be heavily put into debt with a tough payback schedule.

Would you be interested in making Arata more outgoing? We tend to get a lot of shy loner types and some variation on that would be refreshing. Also... given that the Morimotos use the boys for ... certain purposes, there should be some feature about him that particularly makes him useful to them. A 'plain jane' kind of nerdy quiet guy doesn't seem to have any great value. There should be a good reason they didn't just fire his dad and ruin him.

MagicalPen

I can make him a bit more outgoing.

Perhaps he is well endowed? Which is why they have an interest in him...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Annie

Quote from: Haibane on May 16, 2012, 03:36:46 PM
Wow, such a weird co-incidence. That's the third time I've seen someone use that image for a character recently!

Me too. O_o

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

NileGoddess

Arata does need to be more outgoing, that much is definite.

To avoid all of the male students being extremely hung or sexually adept, what about something a little more subtle? Instead of him reluctantly attending St. Arcadia with his current attitude, why not make him more outgoing and happy that he is attending a school mostly filled with beautiful girls? Or maybe make him more submissive towards the opposite sex, so the headmistress and her sister are able to easily incorporate him into the school's sex activities and mold him (as your profile suggests) into what they want?

Acid Lips

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

NileGoddess

I'd like to advertise the openings in this game, as we have just been granted Big Game Status and our own sub-forums. There is plenty of room for more activity, and I would welcome more people to apply for characters. You do not have to be familiar with the Discipline series to join; while we are following the premise to a certain extent, many players have picked up on it with very little effort after a quick explanation. Further details are in this thread.

Please read the opening post to this thread very carefully, as it will contain all the details you need about the game. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me about something specific. We still would prefer students of a switch/submissive nature. Teachers may be played as well, but be warned ahead of time that they may suffer from periods of inactivity due to the student-heavy focus. It would be preferred if you could manage both a student and a teacher if you are seeking a faculty position.

Also, there are still plenty of in-game characters available. They offer very little in the way of background or character development, so they could easily be re-worked into something more suited to a player's individual tastes. If you'd rather not commit entirely, there are also plenty of NPCs, both male and female that can be played at regular intervals to provide filler characters. If you would prefer to check out our character index as well (linked in the OOC), there have been several dropped characters that could be refilled. See me on these for details.

krakenknight

If there's still space here I might be interested in dropping an energetic but submissive Genki into the mix. I'll whip out some backstory if there's room.

NileGoddess

Feel free to post a character profile here. All the info you need should be on the first post of this thread. I'll have a look over it then and see if it will work for the game.

Kakashiee

Name: Yumi Kengo

Sexual Preferences: Straight Virgin (Believes he would be dominate but has never truly thought about being Submissive)

Appearance: Black Hair, Hazel eyes, 1.8m tall 68kg

Personality: Sarcastic a true smart ass, hides the fact that he gets easily flustered with one smart, being humble and clever counters and remaining incognito. Unfortunately he always to manage to draw attention to himself some way, some how. At times when he decides to "Man up" he can become very charismatic, however such events are extremely rare and will most likely only occur with a small group of people.

Purpose at Arcadia: His father maintained the servers for the Morimoto Company and most of the electronic hardware in the Morimoto Company. Even though he was making enough money to provide for his family he always hungered for more. He planted small but subtle bugs and viruses in the Company's mainframe and would alter the records as small amounts of money were leaked into his account.

The Morimoto's caught on yet instead of confronting him of the situation they let him build up money, until he was about to retire. His last day in office the Morimoto's visited his house, they informed him he could either keep the money yet give his child to St. Arcadia. Or they could go to court with their evidence and ruin his so called retirement, not only would be sent to jail for an untold amount of years his family would lose everything as well. He grudgingly agreed to send his oldest child to St. Arcadia.

Later that month, Yumi's father informed him that he would be sent to St. Arcadia's for his highschool career. His son truly had no objections to it, he felt that it would be a good way to secure his future so he could provide for his family like his father.

NileGoddess

Sorry, I will have to decline this profile. The purpose and background is just far too ludicrous. While the Morimoto family is criminal, they aren't involved in any secret conspiracies that would involve an assassin targeting them.

Also, your picture does not work, and he can't be both dominant but mostly submissive. He could be a switch, but given the brief personality you described, he doesn't come off as very submissive at any rate.

Kakashiee

Quote from: NileGoddess on June 06, 2012, 08:03:22 PM
Sorry, I will have to decline this profile. The purpose and background is just far too ludicrous. While the Morimoto family is criminal, they aren't involved in any secret conspiracies that would involve an assassin targeting them.

Also, your picture does not work, and he can't be both dominant but mostly submissive. He could be a switch, but given the brief personality you described, he doesn't come off as very submissive at any rate.

mkay.