The chosen ones (Buffy/Angel alternate universe setting) Recruiting

Started by Thesunmaid, June 10, 2018, 03:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaGa88

Quote from: Alias on July 03, 2018, 09:04:09 AM
yay! thanks for the welcome, will see you all soon

If you do decide on writing Buffy,  Cordelia wants to have a chat about making Angel broody. Lol.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Elf

Quote from: GaGa88 on July 03, 2018, 09:15:18 AM
If you do decide on writing Buffy,  Cordelia wants to have a chat about making Angel broody. Lol.

Oh like it's all Buffy's fault Angel is so broody.

GaGa88

Elf

True enough but the only she could do to prevent that is by not being there and having nothing around to remind Angel of what he gave up.

GaGa88

True buuut we are making the assumption that Cordy is rational allll the time.

Elf

Which, of course, we know is not the case but is why we all love Cordy so much.

Alias

oo. I was invited to the OOC, so I'll go read that and continue on there.

keyotess

Hello,  is there still openings?  I have finally thought of a character that would fit into this verse, a witch that is new to her powers specializing in counter and protection magics. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Elf

I think there is still room. Nice to see you again, Key. We don't currently have a witch so that could be quite useful.

keyotess

Thanks Elf, nice to see you again. :)

Name: Cameron Lexie
Canon or original: orginal
Species: Human/witch
Powers:
Ritual Magic: Is capable of casting ritual magic for various effects, takes time and materials.
Counter Magic: Is capable of disrupting other magic with magic from inside of herself
Protection Magic: Raising magical force fields around herself or others in various shapes, significant force can't break through the shields.  And
                          protect from domination effects
Skills:
History Buff: likes to study ancient history and is familiar with researching
Self defense training: she has taken several courses in self defense, but is by no means an expert

On's and off's list (links are to your O's and O's are fine) If you want to have kinky fun: Ons and Offs

Brief Background:
Cameron was there when the destruction of Sunnydale happened.  Trying to survive the destruction is what allowed her to access magical abilities.  Cameron had been getting ready to go to college, her life had seemed to be lining up perfectly, she had a loving family, she had gotten into her dream choice, Stanford College. She didn't have a girlfriend yet, but she knew she would find the perfect girl at college.   And then everything went to hell as Sunnydale sunk into the ground and her family was one of the ones that didn't make it out.  She had been out of the house when her family house sunk into the ground, helping protect others with her newly discovered magical abilities.  She wasn't involved with the main fighting, but was on the peripheral, getting innocents out of the line of fire.

She was left with nothing, no family, her extended family had ostracized her parents because they didn't approve of her mothers marrying each other.  She had no way to pay for college without the support of her mothers, they had life insurance but not much and only after she gets it, which might be a while since there were no bodies.

Appearance or provide a picture:

Cameron is 6'1" tall, with a slim athletic build with D cups and long straight auburn hair. (Yes, she has bigger breasts than the lady in the picture, I like her looks and overall build).  She has a tendency to hunch over to make herself smaller and less noticed.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Narianna

Oh. My. God. Is this still open? Has anyone snagged Drusilla yet???

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Narianna

GaGa88

Elf

Hey, Naria. The only canon characters we've got are Cordy, the ghostly Spike, and Buffy. So I say bring Dru in.

Narianna

Narianna

Name: Drusilla
Canon or original: Canon
Age: (Apparent and Real) Apparent is 20 but she's really around 180
Species: Vampy
Powers: Immortal, regenerates damage, superhuman strength, super sharp nails, pretty damn good at sword play, precognition, prophetic dreams, astrologist, hypnosis, mental projection, empathy, power detection, divination
On's and off's list (links are to your O's and O's are fine) If you want to have kinky fun: Well, I mean, she's fucking insane. I'd say it's a coin toss on what she's into on that particular day...
Brief Background: *clears throat and then regurgitates the entire Buffy Wikia article*

Drusilla was a vampire who possessed innate psychic powers as a human. She was tortured to insanity and sired by Angelus, who had murdered her entire family before her eyes in order to turn her into his "masterpiece." Drusilla later sired a young London poet called William, who took the name "Spike", who became her long-time paramour.

Despite her childish insanity, Drusilla was a cunning and dangerous adversary, and indeed, one of the few vampires to have battled both Buffy, Angel, and their respective teams over a prolonged period of time while managing to survive to menace them another day. There is no doubt she owes some of her survival to her tendency to stay in the shadows rather than engage in outright assaults.

Biography
Human Life

Drusilla was born on the nineteenth of January around the mid-19th century and lived with her family in the East End of London. One night in 1860, whilst walking the streets with her sisters, she was recognized by the vampire Darla for her prophetic gifts; she was not only pure, sweet, and chaste, but possessed the uncanny ability to foresee the future.

Darla presented Drusilla to her lover, the ruthless Angelus, who became instantly obsessed with the young woman. He wished not only to destroy her physically but to poison her mind, as he and Darla were both able to sense that she had the potential for sainthood.[2] As she aged, Drusilla had grown to despise and fear her prophetic abilities. Her mother had told her that they were an affront to the Lord, which had caused her to regard them as a curse rather than a blessing. As a young adult, after having a vision a mine crash that resulted in the deaths of two men, Drusilla desperately sought the guidance of a priest; however, she didn't realize that the man inside the confessional she visited was Angelus, who had murdered the real priest in order to manipulate her. Drusilla tearfully told him about the vision and her growing fears, which caused the bemused Angelus to taunt her by calling her a "spawn of Satan." This proved to be the first of countless tortuous acts Angelus condemned Drusilla to experience through the course of creating his "masterpiece." Her already fragile psyche was slowly shattered.

After stalking her for a prolonged period of time, Angelus butchered her entire family in their home. The flamboyantly cruel vampire forced her to witness the slaughter and then allowed her to flee her house. With her sanity nearly destroyed by both her constant visions and the loss of her family, she sought refuge at the convent of the Sisters of Mercy, unaware of Angelus' particular taste for nuns.

Siring

The Sisters of Mercy welcomed Drusilla, completely oblivious to Angelus' obsession with her. The night Drusilla was called to take her vows to the Order, Angelus appeared and massacred the sisters before her very eyes; whatever hold on reality Drusilla had managed to retain was severed, and she was left an utter wreck. As she lay babbling on the convent floor, Darla arrived to survey the fruition of Angelus' work. When Angelus admitted his desire to sire Drusilla, Darla, who had no desire to travel alongside a lunatic, objected. Angelus, however, insisted that death would merely release Drusilla from her suffering while eternal life would ensure that his "masterpiece" would live on as a relic of his brutality in the future. He and Darla had sex in front of Drusilla, and then he turned her into a vampire.

For the next twenty years, Drusilla traveled with Angelus and Darla and terrorized Europe under the group banner The Whirlwind. The pure, shy girl who had once feared her visions was replaced by a twisted predator who enjoyed victimizing the weak and innocent, particularly children; she reveled in her psychic powers and her unique views on reality. Still, her insanity caused her to retain childlike qualities: she kept a collection of china dolls, her favorite being Miss Edith. After two decades alone with her sire and "grandmother", Drusilla began to desire a playmate and companion of her own.

The Poet

In 1880 in London, Drusilla bumped into the young poet William, who had fled a gathering after his romantic advances were rejected by noblewoman Cecily Addams. She followed him into an alley, where she found him in tears. Sensing his potential, she approached and sired him.

Drusilla and William remained together for many years and quickly became a highly affectionate couple. William was unrelentingly devoted to her, though as they were both soulless, their love was rather twisted. Much to William's displeasure and sadness, Drusilla maintained a sexual relationship with her sire, which only added to the formation of a long-time rivalry between Spike and Angelus. Still, he remained faithful to her and cared for her despite her insanity, which he chose to think of as childishness rather than instability. Following Angelus' ensoulment, Spike, Drusilla and Darla slaughtered the romani clan responsible for their leader's curse. Subsequently, Drusilla encountered Spike after he had killed his first Slayer during the Boxer Rebellion in China.[4] Soon afterward, Drusilla and Spike left the already disbanded Whirlwind and went off on their own.

At some point before their arrival in Sunnydale, in mid-1997, Spike was nearly dusted by an angry mob, and Drusilla was kidnapped and tortured by a human inquisitor, leaving her in a weakened and frail condition. Spike, infuriated and full of wrath, killed the inquisitor and saved Drusilla. Spike cared for her, and the couple decided to travel to the Hellmouth in Sunnydale, California in hopes that its energy would help to restore Drusilla's strength and health.

Sunnydale

They arrived in Sunnydale and Spike quickly began plotting the downfall of the current Slayer, Buffy Summers, partly at Drusilla's request. They took over an abandoned factory, previously inhabited by the Order of Aurelius after Spike killed their leader, the Anointed One. Drusilla mostly kept herself within a makeshift bedroom, consisting of a queens bed with her china dolls alongside it, as well as her victims.

When preying on a lonely child, Drusilla discovered Angel's presence who had currently been romantically involved with Buffy. She later made Spike hear out a plan by Billy Fordham to help get Buffy in a tight spot, although she only succeeded in putting her unlife on the line to Buffy who threatened to kill Drusilla if Spike didn't allow herself and a group of vampire-wannabes escape from him and his minions clutches.

When he discovered that Drusilla could be cured by the blood of her sire, Spike captured Angel and allowed Drusilla to torture him until it was time to perform the ritual. Although Buffy and her friends saved Angel, the ritual was a success. Drusilla, fully restored, now began to care for Spike, who had been badly burnt and temporarily paralyzed by Buffy's attack.

Despite Spike's condition, he still worked hard to prepare for Drusilla's birthday as her insanity gave her high standards. She had a party where their vampire lackey's wore neo-gothic clothing and decorations consisted of roses that were aligned specifically. Her present came in the form of The Judge, a powerful demon that needed to be assembled together to be summoned, making Spike set out to collect them. Once it was done, Angel reverted back to Angelus and re-joined the couple. He assisted Drusilla in an attempt at massacring the patrons at the Sunnydale Mall but was stopped when Buffy arrived and killed the Judge. Drusilla had Angelus' ongoing sexual attention since Spike himself could not fulfill her needs and was very disturbed by it.

When Sunnydale archaeologists unearthed the remains of the demon Acathla, Drusilla discovered this on the morning paper and informed Angelus after feeding on an old man during her walk.

Angel got Drusilla and their lackeys to obtain Acathla, bring it to the mansion where they recently moved in, hoping to activate him so he would suck the world into a hellish demon dimension, Drusilla was delighted by Angelus' determination. During an attack against Buffy's friends, Drusilla soon killed Kendra Young, another Slayer, by hypnotizing her and slicing her throat. Kendra was the only Slayer killed by Drusilla. This allowed her to take Buffy's Watcher Rupert Giles to gather information on how to summon the demon. Though Giles refused to talk despite being tortured, Drusilla managed to trick him into it via hypnosis.

However, Spike was tired of Angelus, wanting Drusilla for himself again and did not particularly want the world to end. Spike decided to help Buffy save the world in exchange for his and Drusilla's safe passage from Sunnydale. Drusilla resisted Spike's betrayal of Angelus, and he attacked her, ultimately subduing her and carrying her unconscious body from the fray.

Break-up with Spike

Drusilla and Spike fled to South America, where Drusilla became disillusioned with Spike. Spike's alliance with the Slayer, combined with Dru's skills of precognition and empathy, proved to her that Spike was now tainted and not "demon enough" for her as she foresaw his obsession with Buffy. Drusilla broke up with Spike and started a relationship with a Chaos Demon, and he rejected her offer to remain friends. After a short reconciliation, she left Spike for a Fungus Demon.

Los Angeles

After Wolfram & Hart had brought Darla back as a human to torture Angel and hopefully make him evil, the law office learned she was dying. Rather then let her die, Drusilla was called in to sire Darla which she did forcibly (Charles Gunn commenting that the idea of the 'granddaughter' remaking the 'grandmother' freaked him out almost more than the traditional blood-sucking did).

Drusilla placed Darla in a flower nursery under a star filled sky, seeing it not as a death, but as a birth and that she would then be a mother. When Angel arrived to stake Darla before she rose, Drusilla battled him, giving Darla enough time to rise and escape.

The newly sired Darla attacked Drusilla briefly in the middle of the busy city. Drusilla claimed that she had sired Darla because she thought Darla was in pain and felt lonely herself. Darla comforted her, coming to the conclusion that she was better off as a vampire. They then went "shopping" by murdering everyone in a clothing store before going to a Wolfram & Hart party with the intent to slaughter everyone there. Angel locked the two vampires inside, allowing it to happen and preventing the humans' escape; only Lindsey McDonald and Lilah Morgan were spared, so that they could provide Darla and Drusilla with inside information later.

Shortly afterward, Drusilla and Darla began recruiting demons who enjoyed carnage, wanting to turn LA into a demon playground. After they began recruiting demons to assist in their plans, Angel—currently in a darker phase due to his inability to 'save' Darla—set Drusilla and Darla on fire, badly, if temporarily, disfiguring them.

Return to Sunnydale

Drusilla returned to Sunnydale to persuade Spike to join Darla and herself in reforming their "family" unit. She temporarily succeeded in allowing him to return to his dark side, rejecting his current lover Harmony Kendall. But instead, Spike seized the opportunity to try to prove his love for Buffy by offering to stake Drusilla. Heartbroken by the actions of her former lover, Drusilla departed Sunnydale and remained at large.

Two years after, the First Evil impersonated Drusilla on two separate occasions in an unsuccessful attempt to break Spike's spirit.

Asylum

Some time after leaving Sunnydale, Drusilla was admitted into an asylum, having apparently been discovered after a recent feeding in the streets and brought in for treatment. Unfortunately, the doctors proved woefully inadequate to deal with her mental state, Drusilla having fallen into depression with Darla's death and Angel and Spike's redemption. She spent her time making drawings of recent events in Angel and Spike's lives that the doctors assumed to be symbolic rather than literal, such as Angel's dragon representing her fury at them for abandoning her. After she attacked and killed several doctors in the asylum, she apparently suffered a complete mental breakdown as LA was sent to Hell, awakening in what appeared to be a hallucination of her old life, where she was still human and living with her parents.

Las Vegas

Later, in Las Vegas, Drusilla was once again recruited by Wolfram & Hart, this time as part of a plan to assist a sociopathic murderer named John in stealing Spike's soul. John held a grudge against Spike, whose re-ensoulment he blamed for the loss of his own soul. Although she was sleeping with John, after her initial encounter with Spike, she later joined him on his journey with his team consisting of firestarter Beck, telepathic fish Betta George, a possessed Jeremy Johns, and Willow Rosenberg. Willow was highly skeptical of Drusilla's involvement, but Spike convinced Willow that (like the both of them) even Drusilla deserved a chance at redemption. When John succeeded in extracting Spike's soul, Spike discovered that even without it, he was still capable of moral action and human emotion, much as he had loved Drusilla when soulless. In the meantime, Drusilla attacked Jeremy after seeing Beck kissing Spike. Willow informed Spike that the target of the soul-extracting circle was able to choose another person to receive his soul, and he chose Drusilla. However, the presence of a soul only served to make Drusilla crazier. John then revealed that Drusilla had become sane for a time when L.A. went to hell and had only become mentally unstable again because Wolfram & Hart had put her on medication. John had planned to fix her, but being re-ensouled might destroy her. Drusilla killed John and Spike then put her in the circle to extract the soul, Drusilla choosing Spike to be the one to receive it.

Drusilla was then committed to the Mosaic Wellness Centre by Willow perhaps in hopes that she would become sane again and to get her off human blood.

Drusilla made her way to London, where she gained control of a Lorophage Demon who had once been known as the "Highgate Vampire," and gathered a following of both lesser vampires and human groupies, becoming known as "Mother Superior." Thanks to her control over the Lorophage Demon, Drusilla had regained her sanity. The Lorophage siphoned out all of the trauma and pain that Angelus inflicted on her before she was sired. She remembered everything that had taken place, but according to her, she no longer cared; all of the confusion, fear, and torment was gone. With her new lease on undeath, Drusilla decided to emulate Angel and "help the helpless." Using the Lorophage Demon, she took it upon herself to rid citizens of London of their trauma, resulting in a number of them going mad and some joining her cult.

When Angel confronted her, Drusilla attempted to persuade him to allow the Lorophage to rid him of his trauma, though to no avail, Angel regarding it as little more than a lobotomy when forced on someone as they need their emotions. Drusilla, however, refused to give up on him and told him that she will not force the treatment on him but will wait until he willingly came to her. Although Faith Lehane accepted Drusilla's 'gift' after a traumatic encounter with her long-lost father, Angel convinced her to reject Drusilla's attempt to take away her pain as the loss of her pain had now deprived her of the strength that she had gained since she tried to force him to kill her. To restore the emotions of Drusilla's cult, Angel forced the Lorophage demon to feed on itself, expelling the trauma that it had absorbed and returning it to its victims. With her insanity restored, Drusilla fled, leaving Angel and Faith with warnings of a dark future.

While Angel and Faith were in Los Angeles aiding Willow Rosenberg in her quest to restore magic, Drusilla ambushed Faith's London Slayer squad, severely injuring one Slayer while succeeding in killing Marianne; since Angel had let Drusilla escape and had sired her in the first place, Nadira grew to hate him even more.

Magic Town

Drusilla's vampiric ancestor Archaeus contacted her through her dreams and she agreed to act as his lieutenant. Although she thought highly of her ancestor, it was not no reciprocated. Archeaus even physically abused her if she failed him. Her primary objective was to create an army by siring the students of St. Cuthbert's. However, Angel had a vision of her crimes and had Faith and Winifred Burkle investigate the school while he was in San Francisco, helping the Scooby Gang against Archaeus. Along with Eldre Koh, the two women prevented Drusilla from siring Mary.

On run from the Slayer, Drusilla and her minions established themselves in Magic Town, terrorizing the mutants and demons, as well as kidnapping their spiritual leader Nadira and Angel. Drusilla battled Faith in a sword fight and managed to get the upper hand before Faith revealed to her that Angel managed to rescue Nadira, before Faith kicked Drusilla in the face. Faith then fled as Drusilla commanded her forces to help kill her. Drusilla later abandoned Archaeus following the battle at Magic town.

Maeve

Thesunmaid

Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Maeve

I have tons of ideas, just let me know if they're not what you're looking for. I'm thinking about three original characters, all supernatural, but should complement the plotline. I'll submit character sheets and we can go from there.

Thesunmaid

Sounds good. I need to head to bed as i have work in the morning *nrrrgh* but yes i will be around tomorrow afternoon if you need anything
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Maeve

Name: Simone

Canon or original: Original

Species: Vampire - mostly

Powers: Standard Vampire fare. Super strength and senses. Plus she’s been training like a warrior monk ever since she was turned.

On's and off's list (links are to your O's and O's are fine) If you want to have kinky fun: Simone is a lesbian, not that she really remembers what desire beyond a kill feels like and any of the scant remains of affection she has is for her pseudo sire Celeste and what little she has left of patience is allotted for Celeste’s dumbass son. But sure, some pretty thing wants to try her luck during training, she might be convinced to leave a few love bites.

Brief Background: Simone is a cautionary tale among Watchers and an urban legend among demons and vampires. She was activated during the July Revolution and this once powerless, starving Parisian tavern wench got enough power to die at the hands of a Vampire lord older than the stones of Colosseum. After a few weeks of torture, he finally decides to end it but he’s not kind enough just to kill her. He turns her and casts her out from his traveling court of horrors. She’s stumbles around a Paris torn apart by civil unrest, feeding on the nearly dead with the only thing on her mind: revenge against a fate that would leave her damned to hell. At first, she thought that meant killing her Watcher, which she did with great gusto but once the high wore off she found herself just as empty as before. That, and she’s a shit vampire. This isn’t as much instinct and natural drive as she thought it would be. She’s back to starving once they clear the bodies and finding a safe space to sleep is a tall order. At this rate, she’ll be dead long before she figures out how to reap her vengeance.

What she needs is a miracle.

She never thought the miracle would come in the form of an immortal whore.

“You’re doing it wrong,” Celeste had told her after another potential victim escaped. Simone had started to protest until the pretty blonde wrapped up in harlot red ribbons had leaned against the wall of the alley and exposed her pretty white neck.

It had been Celeste who had put her on her path, who had become her sire and taught what she needed to know to survive. Told her that it was her sire she needed to kill and in order to do that she would need to become stronger, but to defeat a vampire so old and powerful that no one could remember his name well that would take drastic measures.

“No more human blood, it won’t give you the strength you need. You can drink from me, but the rest of it will be rather unpleasant.”

Unpleasant doesn’t quite cover the acrid taste of demons blood or the ash aftertaste of a fellow vampire. She has to be careful. Drink from the wrong demon and there can be side-effects. Suck down a few minions you have the big bad boss vamp to deal with. She grew strong and quick because the alternative was dying like a pathetic squirming worm and she sure as hell wasn’t doing that again.

Maeve

Name: Philippe 

Canon or original: Original

Species: Immortal

Powers: Regenerates once a year. Seems to have some sort of connection to the universe - though that might be the hashish and hippie yoga talking.

On's and off's list (links are to your O's and O's are fine) If you want to have kinky fun: If two spirits connect, then it’s all good baby.

Brief Background: He was born in the back of Studio 54. When he asks his mother, Celeste, why he was born in the back of a nightclub, or who his father is, her response is always the same: ‘Darling, it was the 70’s’. He learned early on that his family wasn’t quite normal, that he wasn’t quite normal but rather than fighting it, he embraced it. He was a spiritual warrior on the path to...well he didn’t know what the path was. But wasn’t that sort of the point? The journey and all that? Rather than fret he explores, he ponders and seeks the wonders that the world has to offer. When those wonders turn out to claws and pointy teeth he runs and hopes that path the universe has him on doesn’t include him becoming dinner.

He doesn’t question too much why his path has led him to Los Angeles. He figures he’s here to guide Simone through the next stage in her quest. She says she called him here to find his mother, but he reminds her that Celeste has a habit of disappearing all the time, usually with some new demonic lover, and that it’s not like anything could kill her...permanently.

Still, when they find themselves in an old hotel full of newly minted slayers and souled Vampire that Simone doesn’t seem too pleased to see, he’s there to remind her that everything happens for a reason.

Maeve

So, I was going to write up one for Celeste (which I still could do) but I also noticed you can only have two characters. I'm thinking if they're accepted I'll take these two and Celeste is just the reason that they're hanging around. Maybe they find out that she's being held somewhere in the city and reluctantly Simone asks for the Scoobies/Angels help? While they're trying to find his mother Philippe could convince her that it wouldn't hurt her mission of becoming a better warrior to help train the new slayers? Anyway, let me know if these two are anywhere near the mark.

Narianna

Holy hotness, Batman! Welcome to the group! Loving the characters!